• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, please let these P5S rumours actually be true. The whole "it won't be revealed on Switch initially" makes me worried that leakers are just trying to cover their tracks because they're unsure whether or not it's actually coming to Switch.

Sakurai says Joker is available right now and if we want to know more about the game, we should play the game on PS4 console.

Yep because that's likely to happen....

aricberg

Feb 26, 2019
Hard to say on the first one, but the second is pretty far off the mark. The region is based of GB, not Scandinavia, and they got 2/3 of the starters completely wrong.

Unless, and hear me out, what if the starter is a spider monkey. At first he looks just like a monkey, then gets more spider characteristics as it evolves. By its final evolution, it gains the Bug typing as well. Almost assuredly not the case, and it's just someone who go really lucky, but who knows? :)

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, please let these P5S rumours actually be true. The whole "it won't be revealed on Switch initially" makes me worried that leakers are just trying to cover their tracks because they're unsure whether or not it's actually coming to Switch.

Yep because that's likely to happen....
There's been a lot of examples of Nintendo releases being announced directly by Nintendo later. Keep the hope alive!

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i've had to use this picture like 17 times by now

super-smash-brosndkm2.jpg
I seriously wouldn't debate this whether or not Persona is worthy for Smash because the games aren't on Nintendo. A lot of third party stuff in Smash is from games with relatively smaller but really dedicated fans. The kinds of fans who will help spread the word around that you should buy the Super Smash Bros Ultimate™ Fighter Pass™ for $24.99. That's what it really comes down to.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I would laugh if P5S comes out at the same time as DQXIS. The latter would get priority since I haven't played DQXI yet.

Waiting to announce the Switch version of P5S seems like such a weird decision, especially if they are coming out at the same time period.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

I noticed we started adding claims from NewWabiSabi to the rumor archive.
I would laugh if P5S comes out at the same time as DQXIS. The latter would get priority since I haven't played DQXI yet.

Waiting to announce the Switch version of P5S seems like such a weird decision, especially if they are coming out at the same time period.
Sony probably still has some marketing deal with Atlus. P5 for Switch probably won't be announced until around the time Joker gets added to Smash or later.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Ya it would be funny/stupid if P5S came out the same time as DQXIS, I can see it happening. >_> Hey got a spare 5 billion hours? XD

At this point though just having P5 at all on Switch would be nice, I still can't help have my doubts despite all the stuff that points otherwise.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Ya it would be funny/stupid if P5S came out the same time as DQXIS, I can see it happening. >_> Hey got a spare 5 billion hours? XD

At this point though just having P5 at all on Switch would be nice, I still can't help have my doubts despite all the stuff that points otherwise.

Heh I am with you here. As long as there is no official announcement from Atlus that P5 is coming to the Switch I won't believe it no matter how many reliable insiders are teasing it.

Oct 25, 2017
Would be weird if P5 still came to switch despite the reveal teaser having a Sony logo (but no PS4 logo?)

Isn't that reveal event happening this month? Guess we'll see it there (if true or not)

Also, not sure if true or not but hackers found yet another security flaw on nvidia hardware? Feels like Nintendo is starting to regret this quite a bit and NVIDIA needs to sweeten the deal a bit.
Wonder where that leaves the Switch lite/revision.
I feel like it was likely due out in June with Mario Maker, since the XL came out in July so the timing makes sense. Wonder if they'll push that back several months to fix it or if it's too late

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Would be weird if P5 still came to switch despite the reveal teaser having a Sony logo (but no PS4 logo?)

Isn't that reveal event happening this month? Guess we'll see it there (if true or not)

Also, not sure if true or not but hackers found yet another security flaw on nvidia hardware? Feels like Nintendo is starting to regret this quite a bit and NVIDIA needs to sweeten the deal a bit.
Wonder where that leaves the Switch lite/revision.
I feel like it was likely due out in June with Mario Maker, since the XL came out in July so the timing makes sense. Wonder if they'll push that back several months to fix it or if it's too late

For this kind of software, I believe NVidia was the partner possible for Nintendo. So I don't think a simple case of security flaw will make them regret something.

It seems to be a long term agreement.

Regarding Persona 5, I don't think a logo at one trailer means that that game can't be on other platform. I believe DQXI trailers had that same logo at the end and we still getting the game for the Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
For this kind of software, I believe NVidia was the partner possible for Nintendo. So I don't think a simple case of security flaw will make them regret something.

It seems to be a long term agreement.
Two major security flaws found within 2 years in the market isn't very encouraging. Nintendo might be stuck with them on switch, but might look elsewhere after

Oct 27, 2017
Two major security flaws found within 2 years in the market isn't very encouraging. Nintendo might be stuck with them on switch, but might look elsewhere after

I doubt it. They've established a long term partnership with Nvidia. If anything, it'll just give them more leverage with the next chip they use from them and have them ensure they're properly secured

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately

I heard somewhere that this partnership was a long term one. So I think they are thinking of breaking some kind of deal.

Plus, at least that first security flaw was fixed and piracy is not a problem on Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it. They've established a long term partnership with Nvidia. If anything, it'll just give them more leverage with the next chip they use from them and have them ensure they're properly secured
Fair enough, was part of my suggestion to "sweeten the deal".
Regarding Persona 5, I don't think a logo at one trailer means that that game can't be on other platform. I believe DQXI trailers had that same logo at the end and we still getting the game for the Switch.
Perhaps
I trust some of the people saying it, but it does make it seem considerably less likely.
DQXI, for example, never came to switch. DQXI S did

Nov 23, 2017
at least DQ11 will have Nintendo's marketing machine behind it (and possible smash inclusion)
at least DQ11 will have Nintendo's marketing machine behind it (and possible smash inclusion)
but this situation is the same for both basically? Even if Nintendo isn't publishing p5s, they are likely publishing smt5, they would not let out a similar game from the same partner without a full push

Last edited:

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
but this situation is the same for both basically? Even if Nintendo isn't publishing p5s, they are likely publishing smt5, they would not let out a similar game from the same partner without a full push
just because your publishing partner has one exclusive you're pushing doesn't mean you'll automatically push all their other output for free (or even not for free) to the same degree.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's not even confirmed if Nintendo would publish SMT5 (and they haven't published an SMT game before, nor did Atlus need help in doing so). and Atlus sure as hell won't let anyone else touch Persona

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Fair enough, was part of my suggestion to "sweeten the deal".

Perhaps
I trust some of the people saying it, but it does make it seem considerably less likely.
DQXI, for example, never came to switch. DQXI S did
The trailer for Crash Team Racing shown at the Game Awards only listed PS4 as a platform and had the PlayStation splash screen at the end. The PlayStation splash screen at the start of the P5R trailer could indicate a marketing deal rather than exclusivity. Either way, we'll see what happens sometime this month.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
it's not even confirmed if Nintendo would publish SMT5 (and they haven't published an SMT game before, nor did Atlus need help in doing so). and Atlus sure as hell won't let anyone else touch Persona

Every 3rdParty exclusive (Octopath, NMH, SMT V etc. ) announced during the early 2017 Switch press conference so far was published by Nintendo in the west. NoA was also the one to confirm a western release of SMT V last year - ages before we usually would get a confirmation for a likely 2020 game.

SMT IV also was supposed to be published by NoE and they had the cross promo for FE:A and SMT IV int the states. So they already had similar plans on 3DS that fell flat because the game wouldnt have sold enough to justify the localisation costs in non-englisch languages.

The likelihood of Nintendo not publishing the game in the west is seem low to me. I doubt Atlus/Sega would decline that offer since that deal is probably one of the the main reasons why Atlus felt safe confirming the project as an Switch exclusive this early.

Persona is something they can and likely want to handle on their own, it will likely be multiplattform and is their established big IP. With SMT V they will try to make the next big step to an even larger audience with Nintendos support.

Same way SE will gladly take Nintendos help for Dragon Quest, The World Ends With You and co - but will handle the multiplattform FF games on their own.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Almost every big third party release had Nintendo's marketing machine behind. Dark Souls and Diablo got amiibos for heaven's sake and with Joker inclusion, Persona 5 will receive the same treatment.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Almost every big third party release had Nintendo's marketing machine behind. Dark Souls and Diablo got amiibos for heaven's sake and with Joker inclusion, Persona 5 will receive the same treatment.
amiibo support has nothing to do with Nintendo supporting it, they simply have to sign off on the amiibo license being used after a third party pitches their amiibo idea to Nintendo. The third party has to then handle everything else by themselves. Nintendo just says "yes, you can use our amiibo branding for your NFC figurine."

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
amiibo support has nothing to do with Nintendo supporting it, they simply have to sign off on the amiibo license being used after a third party pitches their amiibo idea to Nintendo. The third party has to then handle everything else by themselves. Nintendo just says "yes, you can use our amiibo branding for your NFC figurine."

If that's true, then... Blizzard pitching things to Nintendo... We're living in a truly unusual timeline.

Mar 23, 2018
Realistically, is this the last year before we can say for sure that Retro Studios' game was canned/cancelled? Everyone over there have got to be working on Metroid Prime 4 by now

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Overwatch amiibos? Oh man....

One thing boggles my mind. Overwatch is slowly becoming a kids "super- franchise" with Lego sets and cereals but still isn't on a Nintendo platform. And that's after Diablo exceeded Blizzards expectations. I know it's a matter of when instead of if but I'd like "when" to be "very soon". Any rumors or leaks about that one?

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
One thing boggles my mind. Overwatch is slowly becoming a kids "super- franchise" with Lego sets and cereals but still isn't on a Nintendo platform. And that's after Diablo exceeded Blizzards expectations. I know it's a matter of when instead of if but I'd like "when" to be "very soon". Any rumors or leaks about that one?

I'm not truthfully sure how high on the priority list it would be, but I think it's because the ideal local multiplayer Switch scenario would be for 12 consoles able to connect simultaneously on a local level (which I think must be a hardware limitation because you can only do 8 max in MK8Deluxe). It seems reasonable people would be disappointed in if they can't host local tournaments without being reliant on NSO and a wired network connection for optimal performance.

Granted, I've never played the game before but I'd gladly pick it up on Switch if it did release, regardless of the feature above.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Realistically, is this the last year before we can say for sure that Retro Studios' game was canned/cancelled? Everyone over there have got to be working on Metroid Prime 4 by now
I mean for gods sake if there's a game it has to be announced this year you'd assume. They're starting Metroid Prime 4 and you'd think they need the whole studio to make that game.