• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Not yet. This is just voting to have a trial. That part would come after sentencing.
No. Senate has to convict with 2/3 of the vote and then another vote to bar from elections with a simple majority
No that is if the senate votes for this after conviction, if he is convicted which the Senate will not begin to see this until the 19th.
Not yet. That would happen if and when the senate convicts and then votes to bar him.
I think that the Senate has to convict & remove him in order for that to happen.
I see thanks.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered to death, but what does this actually do to Trump outside of piss him off. I know impeachment doesn't get you kicked out of office, as this is the second one. Is it just pretty much accusing him of a crime?

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered to death, but what does this actually do to Trump outside of piss him off. I know impeachment doesn't get you kicked out of office, as this is the second one. Is it just pretty much accusing him of a crime?

He goes to trial (again), if convicted then he would be barred from running again to hold public office and he would lose all his presidential privileges.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
Accuses him of breaking the law. Stain on his record.
Now goes to trial where he can be convicted (lol) or acquitted

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Right. This is like formally charging him with a "crime." The Senate will then meet to see if he should be convicted. Takes a 2/3 vote or about 67 votes. If convicted, a lot of perks get stripped. He'd be thrown out of office (if he was still president at the time). And the Senate could then vote separately with a simple majority to ban him from ever holding a federal office again.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
It potentially keeps him from ever running for office again if he's convicted and they (easily) vote to bar him. It also could remove the perks of being a past president since the Former Presidents Act doesn't apply to removed presidents.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He goes to trial (again), if convicted then he would be barred from running again to hold public office and he would lose all his presidential privileges.
And we REALLY would like to have him lose those privileges. No reason the tax payers should be paying him millions every year after the damage he caused.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017

250902a9b90c2befcead21cde1943e36.gif

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Accuses him of breaking the law. Stain on his record.
Now goes to trial where he can be convicted (lol) or acquitted
Right. This is like formally charging him with a "crime." The Senate will then meet to see if he should be convicted. Takes a 2/3 vote or about 67 votes. If convicted, a lot of perks get stripped. He'd be thrown out of office (if he was still president at the time). And the Senate could then vote separately with a simple majority to ban him from ever holding a federal office again.
Thanks for the info.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Can some kind soul provide a good summary of the video for those of us who can't listen to or watch Trump for 5 seconds without retching?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Oh Christ Trump released a video

Van Jones is going to start break down and start crying at all the Presidentialness.

Objectively, good speech *looks at watch* a week later, so kudos to whatever is left and was able to cobble that together to try to save their future career and Trump's empire.

Problem is, he's created an atmosphere where nobody cares. There's no air for a Trump apology tour, simply because of all the fires he lit and that media will find more interesting (and honestly, more important).

Good try tho, they can still get fucked.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Can some kind soul provide a good summary of the video for those of us who can't listen to or watch Trump for 5 seconds without retching?

He stresses the violence was wrong, none of his real followers would ever engage in it, and its hurting the MAGA movement.

In sort, Presidential only took 4 years, two impeachments, and a crumbling post prez outlook. But as everyone said, nobody will buy it and I doubt even Fox will give it much air since you've got the impeachment, "antifa"'s racewar, Presidential elect hate, the tyranny of big tech, etc on their plate.

blonded

Oct 30, 2017
Why doesn't the Supreme Court vote for conviction? I know there are more conservative judges now but even so I just don't see enough Republican Senators ever voting to convict their own president no matter what fucked up shit they've done.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Why doesn't the Supreme Court vote for conviction? I know there are more conservative judges now but even so I just don't see enough Republican Senators ever voting to convict their own president no matter what fucked up shit they've done.
SCOUTS has no role in impeachment. It's a function of the legislative branch and separating powers of the branches. The only thing is that the Chief Justice presides for presidential trials.