Oct 28, 2017

the-office-steve-carell.gif

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
From the ABC update feed, lol:

Of the 86 parties contacted to potentially bid on the [Buffalo] Bills, Trump was one of six parties to make a final bid, according to a Morgan Stanley document shown at trial.

However, when Morgan Stanley attempted a close review of Trump's bid, Trump declined to provide his financial statements.

"We feel it is premature to sign the consent release forms until such time as we know that Mr. Trump is the final bidder," then-Trump attorney Michael Cohen said in a 2014 email shown at trial.

During a management presentation with Bills' leadership, Trump instead handed out a Forbes magazine list to support his bid, according to Cornwell.

"He gave us handouts of the Forbes list of the top-paid entertainers," Cornwell said.

abcnews.go.com

Former Trump Organization VP to continue testimony

Get updates from the trial of former President Trump in the civil fraud suit brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
And why wouldn't he when so much of his valuation is based on perception.

Oct 29, 2017
After John Spano no sports org putting themselves up for sale would take a bidder's financial worth at their word, least of all an NFL franchise, where even cellar-dwellers are putting themselves up for billions of dollars.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I believe in all sincerity it's cause he's an 80s NYC real estate guy, and that comes with the territory even though it seems like a fake stereotype.

I think he's mentally still there.
I've said it before, he's the last remaining vestige of the cartoonish '80s business tycoon. The rest have either died off or quietly retired into obscurity.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
From the ABC update feed, lol:

abcnews.go.com

Former Trump Organization VP to continue testimony

Get updates from the trial of former President Trump in the civil fraud suit brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

As a Bills fan, I'm still so glad they didn't let him buy the team…

…but sometimes I feel like such a selfish monster for that relief. If he'd bought the team he would've had a new toy to play with and the whole president thing might never have happened…

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
As a Bills fan, I'm still so glad they didn't let him buy the team…

…but sometimes I feel like such a selfish monster for that relief. If he'd bought the team he would've had a new toy to play with and the whole president thing might never have happened…
As a dolphins fan, I really wish he had bought them.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
IAcertainlyNAL, but I do wonder about the material relevance of that testimony, unless it's to emphasize the centrality of his Forbes "valuation" in his efforts to commit fraud.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
A reminder that Trump is why the USFL died.

Because he pressured the other owners into going head-to-head with the NFL, which almost immediately backfired.

The man has always had an ego.

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine him sneering like the Grinch with his phone pointed toward her to take her pic. She smiles and he is so full of rage he shits himself.

Also I bet his phone makes the loud clock when he takes pics because he's so inept with doing anything.

Omg I didn't realize he took the picture. I thought it was from a social media account or something. Can you imagine the former president of the united states obviously pointing his phone camera at you to take a picture so he can rag on you on twitter? Like... like.... How are you supposed to even react to that???

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
Omg I didn't realize he took the picture. I thought it was from a social media account or something. Can you imagine the former president of the united states obviously pointing his phone camera at you to take a picture so he can rag on you on twitter? Like... like.... How are you supposed to even react to that???
You see him prosecuted, financially ruined and ego tattered. And I think that might just have been her plan all along. Why do think she's smiling. :)

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
IAcertainlyNAL, but I do wonder about the material relevance of that testimony, unless it's to emphasize the centrality of his Forbes "valuation" in his efforts to commit fraud.

I think it goes to show that he knew he was making stuff up that would not stand up to scrutiny.

This was in 2014. He told the Bills he was worth $8b, that same year he told the banks he was worth $5.7b and his actual worth (per AG) was about $1.4b.

TRIAL - Day 21, Trump Org, expert, Don Jr
OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
Day 21 summary

Witnesses
David Orowitz (ex Trump Org acquisitions) continued from yesterday
Michiel McCarty (Dillon & Co, expert witness) commercial banking and disgorgement
Donald Trump Jr (Trump Org)

Unrolled thread from Stewart Bishop here.

21 of the 28 AG witnesses have testified so far, 7 to go. That's 3 Trumps, 3 Trump Orgs, 1 Ladder Capital. So we're probably about 2 weeks away from the end of the AG's case.

Team Trump tried yesterday to object to McCarty, but got overruled. Engoron "You're whistling in the graveyard".

Last edited:

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't take the pic lol

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Don Jr. getting ready to testify today.

What's the over/under on the amount of coke Failson McTrump is going to be on today?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I predict a ton of "I don't recall" answers.

If he tries to dispute the allegations, the prosection can just point to the mountain of documented evidence.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I know that technically the decision is already in, but still feels like we're flying through this trial.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how rude and defiant he's going to be.
I'm guessing that he won't be. I think he'll be very well behaved and then he'll go on Newsmax or something and talk shit. Junior's a coward at heart, I don't think he'll cause a fuss where someone can actually do something about it. I could be wrong though.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm guessing that he won't be. I think he'll be very well behaved and then he'll go on Newsmax or something and talk shit. Junior's a coward at heart, I don't think he'll cause a fuss where someone can actually do something about it. I could be wrong though.
It's all going to depend on what Daddy wants from him, since Daddy will be watching closely.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm honestly curious to know if Trump Sr will be there. In any normal trial with any normal family, he would be. But nothing about this trial or this family is normal.
Yeah. I don't know if Trump Sr is going to be in court today to glare at his kids in case they start saying anything they shouldn't. That's what I expect to happen.

He's going to have opinions either way though!

BradyTheGOAT

Banned
Aug 25, 2023
literally nothing about Trumps legal strategy makes ANY sense for a Civil Trial that is ruled from the bench. None of it. The judge can basically do whatever they want, the burden of proof is lower, the defendants rights are fewer. And also with the Judge being the Jury they're an expert at all this chicanery and can't be duped by the complicated financial stuff that a normal jury might find overwhelming.

But please proceed.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
literally nothing about Trumps legal strategy makes ANY sense for a Civil Trial that is ruled from the bench. None of it. The judge can basically do whatever they want, the burden of proof is lower, the defendants rights are fewer. And also with the Judge being the Jury they're an expert at all this chicanery and can't be duped by the complicated financial stuff that a normal jury might find overwhelming.

But please proceed.
There is no strategy. Only fear.