RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Terms of the loan may be breached. Explicitly being a business loan, for doing business.

Because he no longer can operate business and the loans were created under false pretense.

Businesses arent real keen on doing business with known frauds
I'm doubtful as long as the loans are current. I can see them freezing any new credit but I don't see a bank wanting to take back any CRE in the current environment. They will potentially downgrade the credit and or write off a portion of the loan but we will see.

I can see him refinancing out with private capital but it will most certainly be an interest rate he absolutely hates.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm doubtful as long as the loans are current. I can see them freezing any new credit but I don't see a bank wanting to take back any CRE in the current environment. They will potentially downgrade the credit and or write off a portion of the loan but we will see.
Agreed. Although, if multiple creditors see a client may be facing liquidity issues, none of them want to be the last to act.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Worth pointing out again that he is barred from applying for loans from any bank registered to do business in New York.

Which I'd have to think is probably most banks, including Deutsche bank?

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Worth pointing out again that he is barred from applying for loans from any bank registered to do business in New York.

Which I'd have to think is probably most banks, including Deutsche bank?
If the bank has an office or conducts regular business in the state they should have a license. This will force him to go to private financing.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019

I can see him refinancing out with private capital but it will most certainly be an interest rate he absolutely hates.
Lenders are shitting themselves right now trying to call in the loans. It's a feeding frenzy.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
Between this, Carroll and all his debts - I think I may have more money than trump!
Ever hear the story Ivanka tells like this?

Said they were walking down the street when she was younger and he pointed to a homeless man and said that guy is $2B richer than I am.

I wonder how much Donald hated her telling that story. Gives you a lot of insight into what things are really like.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
That's disappointing. I wonder why he rolled that back.
I definitely need someone who is more current on legalese, because reading the verbiage again it actually makes it sounds like its up to the independent curator they're going to put in place. I think it means that basically if they think the businesses are rotten to the core (no real legitimate business, or at least not enough of one), the curator of the business can just say "Yeah this needs to end" and the certificates get revoked?

Again, I'm unclear.

OP
OP
phisheep

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
I definitely need someone who is more current on legalese, because reading the verbiage again it actually makes it sounds like its up to the independent curator they're going to put in place. I think it means that basically if they think the businesses are rotten to the core (no real legitimate business, or at least not enough of one), the curator of the business can just say "Yeah this needs to end" and the certificates get revoked?

Again, I'm unclear.

Yes it's that. The new independent Director of Compliance will oversee any restructuring and disposals.

Essentially the businesses are in such a huge financial mess that there is a 3-year slow controlled rundown rather than an immediate termination. They got the babysitters in instead of the receivers.

It is still unclear to me who is going to be running the business over the next few years since all the main directors are banned.

(We'll know more about that in 30 days.)

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it's that. The new independent Director of Compliance will oversee any restructuring and disposals.

Essentially the businesses are in such a huge financial mess that there is a 3-year slow controlled rundown rather than an immediate termination. They got the babysitters in instead of the receivers.

It is still unclear to me who is going to be running the business over the next few years since all the main directors are banned.

(We'll know more about that in 30 days.)
Thanks for the clarification, glad to know I haven't lost all of my ancient legalese comprehension.

Honestly that seems like the best option, because if they do spin it down over that time the few (or maybe even many) people who are just doing normal jobs for these companies can be given proper severance and such.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
There are like 2 well known Trump buildings in the City (the one he stays at on 5th Avenue & the one on Central Park West) and both of them are basically ugly, nondescript obelisks with no redeeming qualities. They're also not tall or impressive enough to contribute to the skyline at all.

Yet more self aggrandizing from the Trumps.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
That time I drunkely puked on the subway contributed to the nyc skyline as much as trump has

There are like 2 well known Trump buildings in the City (the one he stays at on 5th Avenue & the one on Central Park West) and both of them are basically ugly, nondescript obelisks with no redeeming qualities. They're also not tall or impressive enough to contribute to the skyline at all.

Never forget that the man used a 9/11 interview shortly after the tragedy to falsely claim that he now owned the tallest building in NYC 🙄

Neither of his buildings were in the top ten at the time.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

But he was boasting the day after 9/11 that his building was now the tallest.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance you could C&P the thread please? I'd be interested to read her thoughts as like the sole dissenting living Trump.

BREAKING NEWS: Judge Engoron has just ordered Donald to pay a staggering $350 million+ in penalties in his fraud case and he rules that Donald can't do real estate business in the state for three years. It's the end of my grandfather's legacy. My reaction? Today is an emotional day. It has taken over half a century but Donald's ability to commit fraud with impunity has come to an end—at least in New York—and trust me, that matters to him. There is a lot I can't say on Twitter.

Today is an emotional day, but one thing is certain: the Engoron decision is absolutely devastating for Donald. For all my thoughts — including a few that I can't share on Twitter, please join me to celebrate on my newsletter. The link is easy to find in my bio!

That's all she posted on Twitter. As she mentions, she posted more on her newsletter.

https://marytrump.substack.com/p/judgment-insane-donald-must-pay

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
[very good news

I am wondering about this potential deal that could resupply his coffers

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-media-dwac-sec-approval-spac/
The stock is hyper inflated and he's inflated the value of his personal stash twice as much. Not only would it pop and crater the moment he tried to sell out but any merger would block him from selling stock for 6 months at a minimum? Add in the company bleeding money and it's more of a liability

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Unfortunately, he can earn a lot from TS. This is a hot market at all-time highs, and he can pump it to his followers too, encouraging them to buy in before he quietly sells.

As noted though, it's not going to be very liquid.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Unfortunately, he can earn a lot from TS. This is a hot market at all-time highs, and he can pump it to his followers too, encouraging them to buy in before he quietly sells.

As noted though, it's not going to be very liquid.
If the buyout goes through tho it's likely the stock will collapse before he can ever sell due to regulatory restrictions

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
It's a meme stock, and Truth Social lost millions last year. Trump gaining billions from this is delusion right on par with Gamestop stock owners thinking that MOASS is around the corner.
Not only did it lose millions last year, it's total revenue was something like four million. I have literally run a company with higher revenue than that. All it has is the meme factor and I think it goes back to the fundraising problem: they've been bleeding the base dry already

manifest73

Oct 28, 2017
As others have said, the assets Trump will have from TS won't be very liquid - but here's the kicker since he's banned from getting a loan from any bank operating in New York he's probably going to find it very difficult to find an institution that will lend him money using the stock as collateral.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like who is going to be out there willingly going "yeah I'll buy this wildly inflated meme stock from Trump, even though this stock only has negative value, I love purposely holding the bag and making Trump rich at the personal costs of millions to myself."

If people want to donate millions or billions to Trump, there are already ways to do that without so many extra steps or waiting for the merger to complete and Trump's stock selling restrictions to lift.

Fnor

Nov 7, 2023
Like who is going to be out there willingly going "yeah I'll buy this wildly inflated meme stock from Trump, even though this stock only has negative value, I love purposely holding the bag and making Trump rich at the personal costs of millions to myself."

If people want to donate millions or billions to Trump, there are already ways to do that without so many extra steps or waiting for the merger to complete and Trump's stock selling restrictions to lift.

Trump convincing people to buy valueless things is his superpower.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trump convincing people to buy valueless things is his superpower.

Yeah but there has to be a really dumb aesthetic thing paired with it, like a gold plated debit card that does nothing or a trading card with Trump's head photoshopped onto King Kong or something.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
As others have said, the assets Trump will have from TS won't be very liquid - but here's the kicker since he's banned from getting a loan from any bank operating in New York he's probably going to find it very difficult to find an institution that will lend him money using the stock as collateral.
Does that also mean he can't refinance any loans taken in recent years at high interest rates?

Btw, he'll have no trouble tapping private equity, or Saudi, with his TS shares as collateral.

Last edited:

manifest73

Oct 28, 2017
Does that alsso mean he can't refinance any loans taken in recent years at high interest rates?

Btw, he'll have no trouble tapping private equity, or Saudi, with his TS shares as collateral.
I suppose that's true, but man… private equity is gross, and if this business venture goes south the way so many of his others have, I'd highly recommend Trump never make any trips to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I guess a Russian oligarch or Saudi prince could launder him money by buying inflated assets

I think the Russian oligarch one has already happened