• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
i can't believe they elected someone as blatantly incompetent and fucking stupid as DeSantis to governor. like trump is a buffoon but he didn't look completely detached on the debate stage like DeSantis did

this state is gonna be fucked
After electing Scott and being full of racists it's not shocking.

Anyway dream senate state ideas that will never happen: merge the dakotas in to one, give the FL panhandle to AL, split Cali in to at least 3 states, give DC, PR and Guam statehood. Then pack the courts. Boom all 4 branches of the government solved

Oct 25, 2017
I learned QAnon was still a thing, and that it's gone so far off plot, the advocates have crossed over into a parallel universe.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I think DeSantis is considerably more fiscally conservative judging by how he voted in congress, although idk I guess we haven't seen what Rick Scott will be like in the senate. I think we've also seen that DeSantis is clearly more racist and open about it than Rick Scott.

edit: i meant congress not senate

Scott, like him or not, also isn't a complete moron. I can totally see DeSantis and a Trump fueled Florida house/senate turning us into an experiment the same way they did in Kansas. Scott would never actually try that.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Some thoughts after the election:
- Florida is still very much a tossup state and a potential 2020 pick. People saying Dems should give up on it are delusional.
- Ohio swung hard to the right after 2012, but can come home again in time.
- Trump's re-election chances aren't looking great at this point in time - Florida went red by a fraction of a point and is not a given and the GOP got clobbered in MN/MI/WI/PA.
- Beto laid the groundwork for Texas to go further left in the following cycles - the new Beto voters won't just go away.
- The House Dems need to focus on legislation and less on Trump. Force him to veto bills that would make him look like an asshole.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I can't handle work this morning. Multiple people mouthing off that the Democrats better not just go after Trump. They need to just make laws and get stuff done instead of playing games with our government and dragging it all into the mud.

so hey, that's good.
They would be right

When we do something it needs to look necessary. Not like we were reaching for partisan reasons

I.e. let Mueller do the work.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
45508337_892572400946070_6944295276714655744_n.png

lmao

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Kansas being more in play than Ohio because of constant Brownback fuckery is twilight zone

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Some thoughts after the election:
- Florida is still very much a tossup state and a potential 2020 pick. People saying Dems should give up on it are delusional.
- Ohio swung hard to the right after 2012, but can come home again in time.
- Trump's re-election chances aren't looking great at this point in time - Florida went red by a fraction of a point and is not a given and the GOP got clobbered in MN/MI/WI/PA.
- Beto laid the groundwork for Texas to go further left in the following cycles - the new Beto voters won't just go away.
- The House Dems need to focus on legislation and less on Trump. Force him to veto bills that would make him look like an asshole.
He can't veto bills if they don't get past the Senate.

I do think we might finally see something done re: Dreamers.

Oct 25, 2017
I think DeSantis is considerably more fiscally conservative judging by how he voted in congress, although idk I guess we haven't seen what Rick Scott will be like in the senate. I think we've also seen that DeSantis is clearly more racist and open about it than Rick Scott.

edit: i meant congress not senate
DeSantis ran a more explicitly racist campaign than Trump. The black candidate was literally called a monkey. Florida's racism is shocking even to me

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain why Ohio has gone so far to the right while other Midwestern states have gone left? Is Ohio even considered Midwestern?

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
I forgot he campaigned with Hillary. Well then it makes perfect sense that he lost. He should have known better.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Good results overall.

In time Dems will gain control of all 3 branches again. If they don't end the electoral college, make voting day a national holiday, add protections to voting rights, and add more states, then they're idiots.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Aaron Blake @AaronBlake

Trump is now calling out Republicans who didn't support him enough and lost.

To Mike Coffman: "Too bad, Mike."

Daniel Dale @ddale8

!!! Trump is mocking defeated Republicans who distanced themselves from him: "Mia Love gave me no love. And she lost. Too bad. Sorry about that, Mia."

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain why Ohio has gone so far to the right while other Midwestern states have gone left? Is Ohio even considered Midwestern?

I'm going to guess that all the left-leaning people are leaving OH, even the metro areas, to live in more thriving metro areas, especially nearby. Like, I am guessing that people moving from Cleveland or Cincinnati to Chicago or Minneapolis is common.

Without enough population in the metros to offset the rural folks who are basically Kentuckians, OH is quickly becoming more and more red.

I don't live in OH, this is just my guess based on migration maps for the U.S. that I've seen.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

I mentioned it before. It's the Rust Belt areas in the northern half of the state. All Republican now. Brown wins there only because he plays to their protectionist tendencies.

I'm going to guess that all the left-leaning people are leaving OH, even the metro areas, to live in more thriving metro areas, especially nearby. Like, I am guessing that people moving from Cleveland or Cincinnati to Chicago or Minneapolis is common.

Without enough population in the metros to offset the rural folks who are basically Kentuckians, OH is quickly becoming more and more red.

I don't live in OH, this is just my guess based on migration maps for the U.S. that I've seen.

This is also true. Columbus is growing by leaps and bounds but the rest of the state is bleeding out population badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.