• We're in the (Collective) Bargaining Stage

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • [X] Other console

Votes: 30 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
The only comparable indie game I could think of thats console exclusive from PS recently was Rollerdrome. Theres 14 tweets about it on the main PS Account. Then I checked and it's published by Private Division… a Take Two company.

Im pretty sure these ps blog posts and tweets and featurettes arent free. Im not sure what self-published indie exclusive has gotten some sort of amazing marketing from PS.

It just feels like the desire is for xbox to record and cut the trailers themselves just to have something, somehow. When thats not how it works. Making trailers takes a lot of time and effort that teams may not have available to them to do.

i also think that game pass in itself is more efficient marketing than a lot of these tweets and stuff, which is something corroborated by devs themselves.
i do think their social media could have a more... consistent presence regarding this stuff, though. for example, SIGNALIS and Gunfire Reborn are two bangers and didn't have presence in their main twitter which has 20 million followers.

didn't expect that since the last one skipped xbox afaik, good news!

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Yeah exactly. I think we would all be happy about something more like nintendo directs, more frequently. If they dont do a direct style presentation next year then they got lost in the sauce.

Man, with the amount of 1st party content and day-1 GP drops, they better do direct style streams every quarter at the very least. I also want to see deep-dive style SoP's on specific titles, at least big 1st party games that warrant them i.e., Starfield, Avowed, Fable etc.

See? They got farming games! They got 40% of a Direct already!
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Fucking lol

Det

Jul 30, 2020
i also think that game pass in itself is more efficient marketing than a lot of these tweets and stuff, which is something corroborated by devs themselves.
i do think their social media could have a more... consistent presence regarding this stuff, though. for example, SIGNALIS and Gunfire Reborn are two bangers and didn't have presence in their main twitter which has 20 million followers.

For sure, once WoM spreads from GP drops it works the best. But bringing awareness to their existence from the main Xbox channels consistently should help a lot with getting people unaware of their inclusion to try it, which equals more potential for WoM to spread. Anyway, marketing is a recurring drum-beat here so don't want to linger too long on it, just that tweets are so easy to do and bare minimum is all.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

didn't expect that since the last one skipped xbox afaik, good news!
I guess part of the 'problem' is that xbox has a separate Xbox Wire account for the blog posts

View: https://twitter.com/xboxwire/status/1583458089398718465?s=46&t=-Oop6bMWDqjrUU3HrkNk5Q

The main acc often retweets these but not all of them so it can get broken up.

Oct 25, 2017
For sure, once WoM spreads from GP drops it works the best. But bringing awareness to their existence from the main Xbox channels consistently should help a lot with getting people unaware of their inclusion to try it, which equals more potential for WoM to spread. Anyway, marketing is a recurring drum-beat here so don't want to linger too long on it, just that tweets are so easy to do and bare minimum is all.
yeah i definitely agree, i don't think it's all bad like people say here because their partners consistently have ton of great selling stuff, but it lacks consistence overall

I guess part of the 'problem' is that xbox has a separate Xbox Wire account for the blog posts

View: https://twitter.com/xboxwire/status/1583458089398718465?s=46&t=-Oop6bMWDqjrUU3HrkNk5Q

The main acc often retweets these but not all of them so it can get broken up.

yeah, they retweed the somerville stuff for example. but i do think separate tweets work best. the lack of consistency is what bugs me.

for example: game pass always tweets the "available now" thingie, but they didn't do that yesterday for SIGNALIS, Gunfire Reborn and Frog Detective. why?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
91c8d501dfdc26d02f00526ceb61c83c.png

lol love Joe's new twitter banner from the pictionary game at HCS

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
While I get the "Xbox should do more than one show!!" meme, like.. is that not what happened this year already? People have been clamoring in here for "DO GAME-SPECIFIC DIRECTS/SOPs FOR YOUR GAMES YOU STUPID IDIOT XBOX MARKETERS!!!!" And like. They already have. "DO MARKETING FOR YOUR FIRST PARTY AND UPCOMING GAMES THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEAR, XBOX!!!! WTF!!!!" But like.. They have. And, no, not just as E3.

We can talk about whether or not you liked those events (I think people were fairly positive on most of them, save for maybe an indie showcase here or there). We can definitely talk about whether you guys think they're enough. And I even agree with Klob that the tweet and social media game has been very strange and likely bad, overall (assuming that the goal of the social media accounts are specifically to market games - it's entirely possible that they've decided that this is somehow counterproductive or ineffective based on the vagaries of the algorithm and it's better return to boost Xbox rather than specific games. Who knows, probably not. It's weird either way).

But iono. If we're going to keep having this conversation reoccur ad nauseum, feels weird to not at least acknowledge some basic facts along the way.

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
One thing about the MS Marketing in regards RedFall.... It's interesting how Sony did a great work with Deathloop, some of my friends that are PS fans had an internal joke about "We will see Deathloop again in this event?"

Maybe Sony pressed Bethesda/Arkane a lot more to have those showcases, while Xbox giving time to Arkane? Dunno...
But anyway... even giving time to Arkane, nothing stops Xbox to advertise the game, and.. well... Klob is 100% right on this.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
One thing about the MS Marketing in regards RedFall.... It's interesting how Sony did a great work with Deathloop, some of my friends that are PS fans had an internal joke about "We will see Deathloop again in this event?"

Maybe Sony pressed Bethesda/Arkane a lot more to have those showcases, while Xbox giving time to Arkane? Dunno...
But anyway... even giving time to Arkane, nothing stops Xbox to advertise the game, and.. well... Klob is 100% right on this.
Well, Deathloop premiered at the PS5 reveal show. Then got delayed once or twice so it would appear at state of plays as like a "its coming soon!" but the delay meant it would reappear later down the road. Kinda similar to Redfall where it was revealed with the CGI trailer, got delayed, but showed up as gameplay trailer at the next event, and now it's waiting to be revealed further like with a release date. I don't think there's much difference other than Redfall not having a release date and Xbox not having quarterly shows basically.

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
Well, Deathloop premiered at the PS5 reveal show. Then got delayed once or twice so it would appear at state of plays as like a "its coming soon!" but the delay meant it would reappear later down the road. Kinda similar to Redfall where it was revealed with the CGI trailer, got delayed, but showed up as gameplay trailer at the next event, and now it's waiting to be revealed further like with a release date. I don't think there's much difference other than Redfall not having a release date and Xbox not having quarterly shows basically.

Not having quarterly shows it's a huge difference just for marketing alone. If RedFall is released before June, IMO, the chance that we will have to see something about the game is at TGA or a poorly advertised video, like the last one =/.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
z59gdk05piw91.png

New edge update says you can get haptic feedback via xcloud. I had my controller plugged in while playing via the xbox app and recall getting vibration during Persona 5. I tried it in Edge with this update both wired and wireless and didn't get any..

edit: yeah via xbox app i get vibration bluetooth and wired. I expect this will be the same over Edge soon or should be there already

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catching up on this thread, and it doesn't surprise me one bit that Xbox's marketing is useless. Just look who's in charge of it.

Seraphs

Banned
Sep 22, 2022
Catching up on this thread, and it doesn't surprise me one bit that Xbox's marketing is useless. Just look who's in charge of it.

It is not that xbox marketing is useless, I think xbox do too much "marketing", theres AD everywhere, but they dont get the biggest place to put these AD.

By perspective, sony have ADs in the champions league, what big league xbox have ads? in any sports?

Plus xbox get a lot of small marketing, while sony stay silent for months and then come with a god of war ragnarok logo.

The other thing that doesnt help xbox are the leaks, when we know sony is doing a showcase, its all guesses. when xbox is doing a showcase, half of the show get leaked. Leaks are not good, period.

I will ask you, do you know who is playstation marketing president? I know microsoft want to be inclusive to its community, but sometimes its too much that we just keep asking for more.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
There are some very talented people attached to the project. Istvan Pely (Art Director at BGS) said he has been blown away by how much they've stuck with Bethesda's original vision and design from the games on the visual side. This show is gonna be fire.

looking forward to seeing some footage to see what type of mood they go for?.

Oct 27, 2017
Appreciate the enthusiasm from Aaron here but if you're going to list off titles coming to your ecosystem, please at the very least get the name of the game right! It's not Project Lana. The game's title is Plant of Lana. Lol.

Hahaha, oops, sorry at the misspelling of Planet vs Plant! Hahahaha. I'll just leave my post above un-edited, for laughs and giggles. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.