Status
Not open for further replies.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
huh

this is what i see alot in that vid

schermafbeelding2022-nkcx9.png
i also saw it like that, on chrome, then I watched on firefox and it looks fine, so it seems to be a browser thing. pretty weird

Oct 12, 2020
Went back to Grounded after a wolf-spider incident had me drop the game for a bit. Man, the game is so good. I don't even like survival games generally. Now that I finally figured a few things out (wear all ant armor in the anthills) and got some upgraded weapons and items, I'm rolling now. Built myself a little citadel near the Koi pond. Basically unlimited water now that I have a few dew catchers and two dew collectors. Plenty of aphids, grubs, and weevils to hunt. It's a great area outside of periodic wolf spider patrols, but with those I'm safe behind my palisades and on top of my tower.

Only negative thing is the map. It was already one of my least favorite ever to use, but mine is completely bugged and useless. All the icons shifted south by about half the map, so it says the Oak Lab is way outside of the map boundaries, south of the hedge. Marking things via the map is basically a fools errand now, so I have to find everything by memory.

Increasingly I'm coming around to the idea that Grounded is my GOTY. Could be that ol' recency bias thing again though. If I pushed through and finished Elden Ring I might swing back that way again though. Elden Ring fatigue hit me hard towards the end of that game though.

The map is a bit different that's for sure. But I'm not finding myself hating quite as much as you. 😊

And…finally on Chapter 9 of Plague Tale Requiem. Someone (can't remember who) told me Chapter 9 visuals were a showstopper. Can confirm. 🤩 Best game I've even seen on a console, bar none. Heard some chatter that RDR2 is better. No. Just no. This game is not open world, so the visuals are curated to a level that even an amazing open world like RD2 can't match. If a true open world game can ever have this level of detail and fidelity….that will be quite the game.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished Scorn and it is a god damm masterpiece, holy shit. Easily one of the best experience of 2022.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
For some reason i thought halloween was on Sunday but it being Monday makes me think Redfall release date announcement

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is anyone familiar with Robolox rainbow friends? I don't know what it is and my nephew is asking my wife for it. Is it safe and legitimate? I am officially a boomer and have no idea what this game is at all. Anyone?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Increasingly I'm coming around to the idea that Grounded is my GOTY. Could be that ol' recency bias thing again though. If I pushed through and finished Elden Ring I might swing back that way again though. Elden Ring fatigue hit me hard towards the end of that game though.

The map is a bit different that's for sure. But I'm not finding myself hating quite as much as you. 😊

And…finally on Chapter 9 of Plague Tale Requiem. Someone (can't remember who) told me Chapter 9 visuals were a showstopper. Can confirm. 🤩 Best game I've even seen on a console, bar none. Heard some chatter that RDR2 is better. No. Just no. This game is not open world, so the visuals are curated to a level that even an amazing open world like RD2 can't match. If a true open world game can ever have this level of detail and fidelity….that will be quite the game.

need to jump back into plague but persona is taking up all my time.

scatterbrain

Apr 29, 2022
Only negative thing is the map. It was already one of my least favorite ever to use, but mine is completely bugged and useless. All the icons shifted south by about half the map, so it says the Oak Lab is way outside of the map boundaries, south of the hedge. Marking things via the map is basically a fools errand now, so I have to find everything by memory.
Restarting the game fixed this issue for me

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1585980873710649351?t=WUdzFn29t8lMP4nVTSKOig&s=19
The interviewer asks why The Elder Scrolls VI will be exclusive to Xbox and Phil Spencer replies by saying people choose consoles based on their exclusive offerings. He mentions Nintendo and Sony exclusives and basically says they have their exclusives and we have ours. He uses Zelda, Mario, Halo and Forza as examples.

Start at 7:05.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

I'm not at GOTY level for it (it'd be #4 for me currently), but it's a 9/10 game to me for sure. It has me wondering where it belongs on Obsidian's all-time list. They have such an interesting range of titles and types of RPG. Grounded and Pentiment show Obsidian can do even more than RPGs, and it can do them well. After Pentiment I'll have to sit down and make a list.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Interesting that an Xbox is sold at a loss of $100-200 with the expectation to make that up via store sales according to Spencer. We all know they're subsidized but that's quite large of a loss

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
So instead of playing some games I've never played before on Game Pass (actually playing Unpacking now before it potentially leaves next month) or continuing Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, I spent 12 hours within the past two weeks replaying Dead Space 1 on Impossible Mode to get the final achievement. Feelsbadman 😅 It's a damn solid game though. Very excited for the remake!

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

I had that a few times as well, but closing down the game completely (press start in dashboard on the game's icon and select quit) fixed it.

FilthyCasual

Aug 30, 2021

That was me. :-D

I finished the game the other day, one of my faves this year. Would be great if it were 60 fps, but I can live with 40 on my C1. Beyond the immaculate visuals, the sound design and soundtrack were top notch, some of the best I've heard. Really thought the voice acting was excellent too.

In some of the underground/interior levels I got to thinking that looking at these visuals, there is so much potential for a good RPG this generation, e.g. whatever Elder Scrolls VI turns out to be or Avowed. Super excited for the future!

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
seekingalpha.com

Activision Blizzard: 80% Deal Approval Chance, 30% Discount (NASDAQ:ATVI)

Antitrust investigations are unfolding as the regulators are now gathering the evidence, but I think there is no legal reason to block the deal. Click here to read more.

80% approval chance: Why?

Reason 1: Good luck finding a reason

As it all comes down to formality, all three agencies will have to release a decent press release, if they reject this acquisition. The regulators would refer primarily to the size of the deal and the power Microsoft would gain through this deal.

However, repeating the thesis from my last article, there is simply no reason for this. Call of Duty, one of the biggest gaming franchises, will be on Game Pass and might become Xbox's exclusive in the future. I think this is obvious because the whole point of this deal is to close the gap with the main competitor, Sony (SONY), in content. But we continue to run into the same thing. There is nothing unique about Call of Duty. Moreover, there is nothing so unique about all Activision Blizzard content. The reason for Activision's financial success lies in the smart integration of in-game purchases, not in the best-in-class games selling at a premium price.

Regulators can talk about caring for gamers and that the studio's games should be present on multiple platforms, not just on Xbox. But why haven't regulators raised the issue of Sony's acquisition of Bungie then? The company could very well make the next part of the fairly popular Destiny a PS exclusive, although as with Microsoft and Call of Duty, the move is unlikely to pay off, even. So it is not clear to me how such a step can be argued.

Reason 2: Sony is the only one who has problems with it

After polling more and more new Microsoft competitors, it becomes clear that Sony is most actively protesting against the deal. This is because Sony has the most to lose from this acquisition. However, the company's statements should eventually fade into the background, since it has a direct interest in disrupting the deal.

Additionally, Microsoft has said it has tried to bring Xbox Game Pass to the PlayStation. So PS owners could access lost content, including Call of Duty, but Sony refused. Don't forget that Sony is still a leader in the gaming industry, with over 280 first and third-party exclusive games released for the PlayStation in 2021 alone, which was nearly five times as many as Xbox.

Overall, if the Xbox becomes an attractive platform for all gamers, including PlayStation brand fans, then this will be a direct reflection of the natural market competition, which Sony is likely so afraid of.

Summing up

I think that there is rather a low chance of acquisition failure. Regulators will likely just look at all the evidence, shrug their shoulders, and give the deal the green light. I rate this scenario's chances at 70-75% as public pressure may come into play. But if the deal is blocked, then Microsoft has every right to go to court. I estimate the corporation's chances of winning at 80%, given that it will be much easier for it to prove that the acquisition will likely not affect the competitiveness of the gaming market than it is for the regulator to prove otherwise.

All in all, I continue to believe that ATVI is a bet on the common sense of the regulators. However, this deal might easily be closed without their approval as Microsoft will likely win in a legal battle in my opinion. The deal should then close sometime in 2024.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020

View: https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1585980873710649351?t=WUdzFn29t8lMP4nVTSKOig&s=19
The interviewer asks why The Elder Scrolls VI will be exclusive to Xbox and Phil Spencer replies by saying people choose consoles based on their exclusive offerings. He mentions Nintendo and Sony exclusives and basically says they have their exclusives and we have ours. He uses Zelda, Mario, Halo and Forza as examples.

Makes sense. There will be even more exclusives after the Acti/Blizz acquisition (at least one).

Last edited:

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020

Makes sense that Elder Scrolls is put up there with Halo and Forza in terms of pillar Xbox franchises. I think it'll be the biggest/most important exclusive they put out for this entire gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.