• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunate Watch Dogs 2 never got a One X update.

Yeah it was released during that weird year-long window where the PS4 Pro had hit the market in late 2016 but the One X wouldn't release until late 2017. So a lot of games from that specific period only ever got PS4 Pro enhancements.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
NSLT at 120hz looks pretty good on my TV, but I'm limited to 1440p on my set until I can upgrade. Great to see this working though.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
The magicians are back at it. I wonder if Sega will let them boost Sonic Generations up to 120fps.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Looks amazing, the people that can look at this stuff side by side and not think 30fps is terrible are insane.

Hoping they add AI upscaled textures at some point in thr future as well.

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing stuff! Knowing that they will drop random games to use this feature every now and then is exciting! Somedays we will get gamepass games announcements, other days 60fps games updates and then the heavy hitters starting with Halo Infinite. I love my xbox.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting choice of titles to run at 60fps.
Given how the implementation was described in Digital Foundry's video (no changes to the game code itself, only to DirectX) the number of games it would work for is probably quite limited. So it's probably the most attractive games out of that limited pool (which is also limited by what games they tested the technique on, of course).

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I have to say, I'm really impressed with what Microsoft is doing here. I was pleasantly surprised after watching the DF video a few hours ago.

The choice of games leave a lot of be desired though, I would like to see something that I actually want to play.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same. I blame MS for screwing up the XBOne launch forcing me to go PS4 as my main.
I lucked up by not buying a console day 1 like I've been doing every generation since PS1 because had I bought one within the first few years it certainly would've been a PS4. The main reason I bought a Xbox One later was due to BC and I had unintentionally already built a digital library due to Games with Gold on my 360 ever since they started it.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
"Why not both"

This is just so costumer friendly that I'm not used to it. I have a lot of third party in the Sony side, but thankfully in the past 3 years I switched a bit towards an Xbox focus and its giving me so much value.

In this case, "both" wasn't an option for quite a few. Most people played on base consoles last gen, and PlayStation usually had the better performing more visually appealing version.

If you had a good time playing the original version, what's there to regret. Money well spent, in my opinion.

That said, I agree with you, console gamers are not used to free enhancements but thankfully it's becoming common place and Microsoft is leading the pack.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Sniper Elite 4 is really effing good, and there's no way I'd have played it if it wasn't for this performance bump. I'm already several missions deep, and it plays perfectly.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I agree with the weird selection of titles as DF has mentioned.... Forza Horizon 1, Gears 3, Red dead redemption would have been amazing show case titles with such feature even if they are 360 games.... Ps3 rpcs3 emu, most UE3 games can be hacked to runs at 60fps, wonder how hard it is with their method. I just finished lollipop chainsaw 2 days ago on the emu 4k 60fps is transformative for that game.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Does this work if the games on the external hard drive?
Installation location only matters if the software is designed around the high speed data access enabled by the SSD. You're not going to see that occurring in BC, since the changes would be substantial. It's really only going to happen if the game receives a significant patch that completely overhauls data access, and would functionally be converting the software to a true native SX/SS title rather than just enhanced BC.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I wish GTA V was on the list but I doubt 2K would let them with an enhanced version coming out soon

OscarK

Developer at Xbox
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Tell the marketing teams to let you announce the next BC titles or whatever else is coming down the pipeline for us.

Hah, I could never deny marketing the pleasure of such announcements.

As mentioned in the press release however, there are more titles and OS support coming soon.

Gatsbits

Oct 28, 2018
In video games, Xbox Microsoft is clearly the most pro consummer company IMO.

Not a big fan of actual list but the tech is here.
Great upgrade.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Far Cry 4 holds up really well even if it isn't 1080P proper. No real jagged edges just soft and almost filmic. An unintended benefit seems to be covering up the pop-in. 😂 This game feels so much better at 60. Something felt almost wrong with it at 30. Maybe I'll get further than a couple of hours while playing it now.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
You don't even have to move ingame to notice the difference. I just stood around after launching Watch Dogs 2 and immediately noticed the 60fps with the NPCs moving around.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, I could never deny marketing the pleasure of such announcements.

As mentioned in the press release however, there are more titles and OS support coming soon.

I just need to know soon if we're getting 360 games like Gears 3 or whatever.

That game is gorgeous especially at 4K, but it's locked to the old platform. I'd do unspeakable things for 60 fps performance on that game. Need to jump back and work on those achievements too. Red Dead would be another great one but I'll bet that one would be tough.

I'm sad though since what I would love more than anything is Viva Pinata TiP, since that game just feels so much better at 60 fps, but I assume it'd probably not get priority since it isn't the kind of game where you'd really need faster inputs, but dammit the PC version of VP1 showed me how nice it could be for TiP.

Far Cry 4 holds up really well even if it isn't 1080P proper. No real jagged edges just soft and almost filmic. An unintended benefit seems to be covering up the pop-in. 😂 This game feels so much better at 60. Something felt almost wrong with it at 30. Maybe I'll get further than a couple of hours while playing it now.

I was gonna say, sweet! I can play Far Cry 3, and then 4 and be pretty set until at some poitn when FC5 gets a 60 fps boost.

But uhhh...

Far Cry 3 remaster isn't 60 fps...

I uh, what? The fuck?

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I just need to know soon if we're getting 360 games like Gears 3 or whatever.

That game is gorgeous especially at 4K, but it's locked to the old platform. I'd do unspeakable things for 60 fps performance on that game. Need to jump back and work on those achievements too. Red Dead would be another great one but I'll bet that one would be tough.

I'm sad though since what I would love more than anything is Viva Pinata TiP, since that game just feels so much better at 60 fps, but I assume it'd probably not get priority since it isn't the kind of game where you'd really need faster inputs, but dammit the PC version of VP1 showed me how nice it could be for TiP.

I was gonna say, sweet! I can play Far Cry 3, and then 4 and be pretty set until at some poitn when FC5 gets a 60 fps boost.

But uhhh...

Far Cry 3 remaster isn't 60 fps...

I uh, what? The fuck?
I would imagine all of the Far Cry games get performance updates eventually now that they have done it with 4. Just start with 4.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if this has any effect of games where the physics are tied to 30. Like how Dark Souls kinda broke in places at 60 lol.

Jun 20, 2018
This is great, although I had PS4 copies of WD3 and FC4 ready to play that might now be rebought.

Surprised Forza Horizon 3 isn't one of the first considering it already ran at 60 on PC. I know it's delisted now but so was Horizon 1when it got an X enhanced patch.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
Some people are getting a bit bogged down in that initial list which really isn't too important in the bigger picture, it's the promise of what could happen in the months and years ahead with this feature that's the exciting part.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
This is so cool. I've been meaning to check out the Lucky games, so that's the perfect excuse.

Love the BC team. Now add Max Payne 3 please. :(((((

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Some people are getting a bit bogged down in that initial list which really isn't too important in the bigger picture, it's the promise of what could happen in the months and years ahead with this feature that's the exciting part.

Basically this. The promise of what is to come is important because this is going to be an ongoing thing. What the initial titles show is that the technology works and we get this for free if you already own the games.