• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

You're at a restaurant, you order a cheeseburger, but the server says it is 3 bucks extra, would you

• Yes

Votes: 256 26.2%
  • No way

Votes: 486 49.7%
  • N/A I don't care for cheese on burgers, don't eat cheese, etc.

Votes: 115 11.8%
  • Depends on my money situation

Votes: 120 12.3%

• Total voters

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
$3 seems like a lot for a piece of cheese that probably costs a cent to produce but I don't really think about money or costs when I'm about and if I want a cheeseburger in that moment I will pay anything.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feel bad for the dude, but if she was gonna ghost over $3 , he dodged a bullet.

I went on a horrible Tinder date with a woman like this once.
My date didn't sneak out on me. But I wish she would have.

On the date I had she talked about how she scammed the government into offering her low incoming temporary housing. When it came time to pay the bill I offered to pay and she said "no no we can split". Okay.. fine. When I dropped her off she told me I could have the left overs and hands me the doggy bag. Cool! Thanks.

I asked for her number and her response was:

"No we aren't compatible because I'm looking for a provider. You didn't insist on paying for the bill. And you should have refused the left overs and let me have them."

And so did you it seems, damn...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Note to self: If date is going bad and other person is a red flag, complain about cheese. worst case scenario the date ends, best case I get free food

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I thought she was going to say that he ordered a burger and then refused to pay for it. In which case I would have understood her being annoyed. But... he just decided to not have cheese because it was extra? Imagine making a fuss over that, lol.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Misogynistic Rhetoric
This girl is an idiot and I hope she enjoys spinster-hood.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
At most I would do like 1.50-2 dollars. That's pushing it already. But $3 dollars for American Cheese? Hell nah. That girl is nuts.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
As a cheapskate myself, I fully know that objecting over 3 dollars is very unsexy.

Wouldn't expect to be ghosted over it though.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
I don't think I would. Maybe at a super fancy place where I'm already paying a ridiculous amount for the burger... $1.00 is fine. $2.00 I'd probably pay while silently thinking its a bit much. I think the $3.00 is the point where I'd probably just go "Nah, I'm good. Thanks though." To be fair, I wouldn't go on a spiel after the waitress walked away about the price of cheese. I just wouldn't think it was worth it.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
I don't go to a restaurant to order a cheeseburger...

Edit: As for the topic, she comes out of this sounding far weirder than the guy.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
For three dollars there better be a brick of cheese under that bun.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Just another funny thing I didn't get charged for. Went to red lobster (mom in law's bday and she wanted it bad) and they charge $12 for an extra patty I didn't order.

Black angus burger indeed (it was not black angus of fucking course. Don't know why everyone claims that around here now)

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
Another note here: she ordered the branzino, which is probably in the mid-to-upper price range on the menu depending on the spot, whereas a burger is typically one of the lowest. I bet even with the $3, the cheeseburger would still ring up way less than her order, that's not a good look on a date lol.

Didn't know what a branzino is (sounds like a pasta) - looked it up and it's sea bass 😆. Yeah, that's probably a bit pricier than a burger.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Also don't go out to a restaurant on your first date if you aren't willing to spend a lot on a date. Get a couple street glizzies instead.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe how many comments I'm seeing here still getting on the guy for not paying the three dollars for cheese! That's a damn expensive slice of cheese, and while I almost always get cheese on my burger, it's not gonna make-or-break the meal. Three bucks is a bonkers price to pay for what is, normally, a standard topping. Just wondering how much a typically premium topping like a fried egg would cost. If someone ditches a date because of such a completely modest and normal level of frugality, I'm honestly left with suspicions about what that person is really looking for in a date.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Watch her follow-up videos. She's insane.
There's... more? 😬

I would just probably keep it to yourself why you're no getting the cheese, but that's just a dating best practices thing.
This just makes me really glad I'm not in the "dating scene". Feels like you have to walk on eggshells if an extremely benign comment maybe you be written off as a "bad date" worthy of fleeing and blocking. Whatever happened to just "be yourself" or "acting normal"?

Like I'd understand being put off if the dude kept ranting or threw a hissy fit, or if it was one example out of many complaints he made the whole time, but "they really charge extra for everything these days" is such a nothing comment from an otherwise normal and (from her own comments) pleasant date. It's what normal people say all the time about... anything.

Her date sounds like a future problem if they get that upset over $3.
How was he "that upset". He said "no thanks" and then said the charge kinda sucks. That's literally it. Are you all taking the piss or something?

Straight to Tik Tok on the way home for validation is very normal behaviour.
Right? I honestly despise these people. Pathetic, petty, attention-starved morons, the lot of them.

Also don't go out to a restaurant on your first date if you aren't willing to spend a lot on a date. Get a couple street glizzies instead.
IT WAS HIS ORDER

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I'd make light of the situation if I were on a date, because a $3 American cheese slice is an absurdity. But I'd move on, happily eat my cheeseburger (why have a dry ass burger over $3 on a night where you're probably buying $12 drinks lol) and not even consider it when it came to paying/splitting the bill, and I definitely wouldn't give the server or house manager a hard time about it.

Some people are extremely sensitive to signs of class disparity, especially in big city dating. Showing any signs of price sensitivity or bill apprehension will get you cut off with the quickness. Navigating those waters as someone who grew up lower middle class was eye-opening for sure. On the flipside, spending too big on someone looking for a more modest experience can backfire in your face as well. It's all very touch and go.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Well he was in a date? He came across as super stingy. Expensive? Hell yeah but that's a poor impression IMO. She didn't come across as a good person though so good for him on that dodge, she's entitled to have standards or opinions or whatever I guess.

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind $3 for cheese, that's whatever. It is overpriced but that's what eating out usually is.

The fact that someone would block and ghost someone for being upset about that though is whack.

Oct 31, 2017
you should post her unhinged followup videos where she purchases a bunch of cheese from the store, and even goes back to the restaurant (?) to try and prove some point about how she's not mad. idk I didn't watch her followup videos all the way through. she's getting dragged

omg ty for mentioning those or else I wouldn't have looked.

Jarlaxle

Oct 30, 2017
What kind of person lies about going to the bathroom to instead leave in the middle of the date without saying anything to the other person and then puts them down via text and immediately blocks them so they get the last word?

Psychopath. If he didn't want the cheese, who gives a fuck? It's not like he said she shouldn't get cheese or something. His meal, his choice.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
you should post her unhinged followup videos where she purchases a bunch of cheese from the store, and even goes back to the restaurant (?) to try and prove some point about how she's not mad. idk I didn't watch her followup videos all the way through. she's getting dragged

Wat!?!

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
$3 is quite the jump for just cheese, so no I likely wouldn't.

Also, she is clearly crazy. wow

Oct 31, 2017
Err, she says in another video the guy's having a good laugh about it and they're going on a second date.

Say what? I thought she blocked him.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well he was in a date? He came across as super stingy. Expensive? Hell yeah but that's a poor impression IMO. She didn't come across as a good person though so good for him on that dodge, she's entitled to have standards or opinions or whatever I guess.

It was his order...

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
If he was rude about it is be unnerved because the best indicator of personality is how someone threats wait staff and checkout people.

Otherwise, whatever, he doesn't want to pay more than he assumed.