• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

You're at a restaurant, you order a cheeseburger, but the server says it is 3 bucks extra, would you

• Yes

Votes: 256 26.2%
  • No way

Votes: 486 49.7%
  • N/A I don't care for cheese on burgers, don't eat cheese, etc.

Votes: 115 11.8%
  • Depends on my money situation

Votes: 120 12.3%

• Total voters
Dec 30, 2020
$3 for a slice of AMERICAN CHEESE?

I'm paying $3 dollars for a slice of cheese on a burger it had better come with a cheesemonger to coo over it and tell me its history.

Funkelpop

Banned
Sep 2, 2022
Yep, I blame the apps.

I'm not anti-apps, but have fucked up the dating space--no doubt about it.

Yeah especially for certain demographics honestly. The "grass is always greener" syndrome comes at play here. The biggest sufferers are probably very attractive women since they benefit the most from dating apps overall. People say living in a big city makes dating easier but I feel like it's possible the OPPOSITE might be the case. The problem of too many choices.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Gargantuan corncob energy. In another video she says she knows she's crazy and he's crazy too and laughing about it and going on another date with her. Despite her saying she blocked him???

Yeah I saw that too and then saw comments mentioning that as well. If this story is real to begin with I feel like she is throwing stuff out there to try and fight back against the all the comments that were more supportive of him and mocking her but the continued videos seem like it is making it worse for her.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
No way. But if I were on a date, I'll probably just pay it. I don't try to save money when I'm on a date.

masud

Oct 31, 2017
It's not something I would expect a normal person to end a date over but asking about the price of a slice of cheese and then changing my order because of it is not something I would do on a first date.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Its more of a principle thing for me. I dont want to get scammed by the restaurants! If they had a cheeseburger on the menu for $20 I would just order it, but they only had Hamburger $17 (add a slice of cheese for $3) I wouldnt add the slice. Obviously on a date I would not care. But tiktok is the worst so I didnt look at the video.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I sit down in a restaurant I lose all concept of money. $3 extra? Throw it on I don't give a shit. If I want cheese I want cheese.

Note that I'm not rich or anything just irresponsible.

this is me until I get the bill and it's $112 and I realized the weak-ass margaritas with barely over house tequila were $18/ea and I'm like.. fuck..

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Order it and while it's being prepared run out the local bodega and buy a 10pack of cheese for a dollar and put them on your burger when you come back.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I'm a vegan so the specific question is moot but I choose not to pay for extra stuff all the time because it gets ridiculous. If they were charging $3 for a cheeseburger I would probably decline.

More importantly, that tik tok girl is absurd. You can choose not to date someone, that's chill, but fucking ghosting a dude like that OVER CHEESE!? That's just cruel.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
I'd pay it (because a burger with no cheese is gross, and making a fuss is antithetical to my very being), but I'd never go to that restaurant again.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Yep, I blame the apps.

I'm not anti-apps, but have fucked up the dating space--no doubt about it.

You know, I was just having a conversation about this with a friend (I might have even posted about this on Era), but there's definitely been a shift in the role of apps in dating.

It used to be the case that if you wanted to find someone to seriously connect with, apps were the place to go. This was especially the case with Queer groups because, hook-up culture aside, apps were one of the few safe spaces you had to really meet, flirt and get to know somebody in a meaningful way.

Now, it seems to be the reverse.

If I want to be immediately fetishized or have my inbox divebombed with pics of dicks in various stages of arousal (and ashiness — seriously guys, put some lotion on that thang before you take a photo of it), I go to the apps. If I want conversations with people who go from "Hey" to "how do you like it?" I go online.

If I want an environment where people think before approach me, and put their best foot forward…I go out in public.

I swear that didn't used to be the case.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Honestly I don't want to cause shit to the server. If that's what they charge, I just roll with it and tell people later of the absurdity of the price.

Servers get enough shit.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
For real cheese? Sure. But not for this stuff you get over there.

But, cheeseburger are here always listed separately. And I pay what is on the menu if I want it. I wouldn't make a scene because of cheese.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Put me in the bullet-dodgers club there, because not wanting to pay $3 for a slice of cheese and then making what sounds like one comment out of it doesn't warrant trying to CloutTok about it.

That better be some Good-Assed Cheese if it's $3, I don't give a goddamned shit about what city I'm in, that isn't justifying it. If it ain't a couple of well-melted chunks of aged cheddar or something surrounding of the most amazing burger I've had in years, it ain't worth $3. I Don't even like swapping my sides for an extra 99c!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It depends on how it is presented, but generally no.

If it says "Cheeseburger - $$" on the menu and they ask for extra for the cheese than instant nope. That is shitty.
If it says "Hamburger - $$ (Cheese extra $)" then that sucks, but at least they are being up front about it.

Lady is wild for walking out like that though.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the video. She's an idiot.

Yo the question, depends on how bad I wanted cheese but if I was ordering a burger, I'd probably want cheese on it and just suck it up though $3 seems steep for the cheese that typically goes on a burger.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
lol and it wasn't even her food. I /think/ I get what bothers her, but yeah bullet dodged.

I probably wouldn't pay for $3 cheese, and I'd dip that thing in ketchup.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
*Watches the follow up videos*

So some of y'all are agreeing with this lady? I think we might have some walking red flags in this very thread lol.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I wouldn't out of principle, but I also know that this is the type of item that restaurants sometimes like to upcharge and I wouldn't likely ever ask (I'm also the weirdo that doesn't have to have cheese to enjoy the burger unless the type of burger is specificly oriented around the cheese like a mushroom melt).

I don't know if it's an age thing here, but if this is how the dating game is now then I'm doomed, lol.

Bruh dodged a bullet for sure. Please don't let me see anyone on her defend her.

Bizkit Krueger