Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Is Ganyu/Childe that much of a good combo?
I believe the reason why is because Ganyu doesn't need any support to go damage so she can just go BRRRR, but then when Childe has his dual dagger up he can hog Xiangling's ult. Plus Childe's mark can trigger from Ganyu's arrows, meaning she gets to freeze as long as there are at least two enemies.

Both benefit from pyro resonance, and both can use Bennett's burst since the cooldown is so low.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Anyone have a new player / progression guide? There are so many systems/items and I'm getting overwhelmed.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a new player / progression guide? There are so many systems/items and I'm getting overwhelmed.
Don't have a guide, but what are you confused with? Like all the systems to power up your character

You have levels, like an RPG. Instead of fighting monsters to level up, you use EXP books. You get these from the blue Leylines, which are the blue/teal circles on your map. This wastes 20 resin.

Eventually, you'll hit a level cap. You can break through the cap with Ascension, which requires world boss drops. These are various and are what we refer to as "cubes" or "flowers", as these are types of world bosses. You can see them on the map as unique icons. These cost 40 resin.

You have talents, which are like skills. These are leveled up by acquiring skill books, which are from Domains (dungeons) these rotate daily, and are the circle+diamond icons on the map. These waste 20 resin a run.

Finally, you have weapons. These are similar to talents, requiring specific materials to level up. You can earn ore from the open world, or expeditions at the Adventure Guild. You earn the materials to ascend weapons in different Domains (dungeons). These cost 20 resin, just like talent books.

Just follow the story and explore, and all of these will unlock over time.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Don't have a guide, but what are you confused with? Like all the systems to power up your character

You have levels, like an RPG. Instead of fighting monsters to level up, you use EXP books. You get these from the blue Leylines, which are the blue/teal circles on your map. This wastes 20 resin.

Eventually, you'll hit a level cap. You can break through the cap with Ascension, which requires world boss drops. These are various and are what we refer to as "cubes" or "flowers", as these are types of world bosses. You can see them on the map as unique icons. These cost 40 resin.

You have talents, which are like skills. These are leveled up by acquiring skill books, which are from Domains (dungeons) these rotate daily, and are the circle+diamond icons on the map. These waste 20 resin a run.

Finally, you have weapons. These are similar to talents, requiring specific materials to level up. You can earn ore from the open world, or expeditions at the Adventure Guild. You earn the materials to ascend weapons in different Domains (dungeons). These cost 20 resin, just like talent books.

Just follow the story and explore, and all of these will unlock over time.

Actually, this alone answered a lot of my questions. Thank you.

I'm always wondering if I'm playing the game the right way(?) I just finished Ambers Raptor quest and wasn't sure if I should focus more on exploration/leveling up the statues or just let that happen organically.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, this alone answered a lot of my questions. Thank you.

I'm always wondering if I'm playing the game the right way(?) I just finished Ambers Raptor quest and wasn't sure if I should focus more on exploration/leveling up the statues or just let that happen organically.
You're in the best part of the game. Just explore and do the story when you feel like it. Pick up side quests, spend resin when you can, and have fun. Don't look up guides or anything, plenty of time for that later. It truly is a magical game. Just get lost and enjoy the ride. Play with the music on, too. Best OST in gaming in years.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Its in Chinese so i have no idea what they're saying (when they're not doing battle grunts and the like) but one of the voices is more gentle and cutsie while the other is more assertive voice. Its very likely they're Eula and Feiyan but nothing confirmed.

Have a listen yourself. Check out VO_1.5_0_15 and VO_1.5_0_17.

This is all we have atm.

None of those sound very much like Varka... :(

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Managed not to pull for Walnut.

YyHnM9L.gif

Venti and Childe are going to be easy in comparison.

The plan continues undisturbed, I just need 2 more million to reach my 10 mil mora goal, and I'll switch to farming talent books. No pulling, no artifact domains, just progress, I love it.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
And on PS4/PS5 it again requires scanning a QR code on screen. This is BS, seriously. Web events did function without before on PS4.
I've been sitting here for like 15 minutes trying to get this damn QR code to scan and it just won't. Didn't have much trouble getting the last couple to scan but this one just doesn't want to for some reason.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Worth noting that maintenance almost always ends an hour early. I expect servers to be up around 7pm Pacific, 8 if it goes the full duration.

Which gives me enough time to play before I got to head to sleep.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I've been sitting here for like 15 minutes trying to get this damn QR code to scan and it just won't. Didn't have much trouble getting the last couple to scan but this one just doesn't want to for some reason.

I had the same issue this time, normally I can scan the codes very easily. I backed out of the screen and opened the link again and was able to scan it with no issues. Using a Pixel 3 XL.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Can you rechallenge the wolf? I swear I saw a note about it being added somewhere... I uh defeated the wolf just now, totally forgot I was going to wait until new BP is out... Otherwise I know you can Coop it if it's up in someones world.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I also had a hard time scanning this code for some reason. It did work eventually but took some moving around.

Sep 11, 2020
I also had a hard time scanning this code for some reason. It did work eventually but took some moving around.

I downloaded an app called Binary Eye which reads QR codes and managed to actually get it right. My mobile browser (Firefox) built-in QR code doesn't read it properly.

The event has this sort of "share the webpage to get extra rewards" that I hate, but it doesn't look like you don't need to actually do so. Just clic the share button, go back after a second, and it'll register even if you don't really share it or visit the website they ask you to.

You get 25 Primogems and materials worth 20 resin per day you do the event tasks, which is crap, all things considered. But it's like a minute long, so I'll take it, I guess. I'll probably do both this event and the Slime Rancher thingy that PlayStation users are getting on the 25th hoping to get Venti.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Today should be the last day right?

BP ended yesterday and will be back when 1.4 releases later today.

Speaking of 1.4, who is everyone choosing for their first hangout?? I think I'm going to go with Chongyun. I want to see this Yang energy his profile talks about! He seems so chill I can't imagine him going manic. Maybe we can get him to eat spicy food >:)

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

Speaking of 1.4, who is everyone choosing for their first hangout?? I think I'm going to go with Chongyun. I want to see this Yang energy his profile talks about! He seems so chill I can't imagine him going manic. Maybe we can get him to eat spicy food >:)
I dunno but I'm throwing Barbara in the trash

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I only want to do the hangout with Barbara if I can choose the character that hangs out with her (which should be Xinyan). I want conversations that go to S-rank between NPCs like in the last few Fire Emblems. If it's only the MC that gets to date, then I have no interest in it except for whatever item rewards there are to be had.

Nov 13, 2017

I think I'm using Xingqiu wrong. I actually have him pretty strong right now. Hooked him up with a sacrificial sword because it seems like having his skill up is good. But in terms of applying hydro after that first attack, it's really tricky. The range on the "aura" or whatever seems kinda small. Which is probably fine for Hu Tao. But I wanted to pair him with Ganyu for a lot of freeze, and it's difficult to make that work. But not sure there are better hydro characters. I don't have Mona :(

Got 36 stars in the abyss again. This was the first time I took Hu Tao, and I gotta say... this game NEEDS a toggle for auto targeting. Because Hu Tao is almost useless against those cicin mages with the fucking little flies. Geez it's so hard to make her attack where you want her to. By the time I get her to attack the actual enemy, the damn shields have respawned again.

Other than that, she does so much damage it's stupid. My normal "strong" team couldn't even keep up.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Noelle --> Barbara --> Chongyun --> Bennett

aka start with the worst end with the best :P

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, definitely going with the worst to best strat.
Barbara -> Noelle -> Chongyun -> Bennett

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
I don't care much about any of the 4 hangout characters. I'll save Bennett for last though, then quit the game just before we hold hands.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Chongyun > Noelle > Bennett > Barbara.
I hate Barbara and the idea of having a "date" with Bennett seems so wrong on so many levels

But honestly, the next few days the only character I have in mind is Venti, I have been waiting for his rerun since October, eheh

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care much about any of the 4 hangout characters. I'll save Bennett for last though, then quit the game just before we hold hands.
so much cruelty from people in this thread.
09d5c80793e4c62d3dc6dad478261a5e.jpg

Chongyun > Noelle > Bennett > Barbara.
I hate Barbara and the idea of having a "date" with Bennett seems so wrong on so many levels

But honestly, the next few days the only character I have in mind is Venti, I have been waiting for his rerun since October, eheh
I just view it as hanging out with friends, and bennett could totally use some friends to hang out with.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I just want Venti man. It's been so long. I'm actually proud of myself for following through and saving for him.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing characters only interact with cardboard MC (or more likely Paimon) sounds boring asf, Hopefully other characters show up.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I just want Venti man. It's been so long. I'm actually proud of myself for following through and saving for him.
that's my main interest. The main question is will get get Venti when the patch goes live or in a week or two lol.

Will tonight be the first time I lose the 50/50 pity and get a standard character (I've mentioned it before but my 5* characters are Klee, Childe, Albedo and Ganyu and that's it lol)... tune in later to find out :P

I see the MC as their own character and they look like they're around the same age as Barb/Noelle/bennett/Chongyun so i have no problem with these dates.

the MC is clearly just Paimon's puppet so it's effectively Paimon going on the dates >.>

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Do you gain primos on the hangouts? It's the only thing I'm looking forward. If not easy skip

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
We don't even know if they're dates. They call them hangouts. Y'all really think we're gonna get to fuggin' in our massive Chinese gacha game?

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm using Xingqiu wrong. I actually have him pretty strong right now. Hooked him up with a sacrificial sword because it seems like having his skill up is good. But in terms of applying hydro after that first attack, it's really tricky. The range on the "aura" or whatever seems kinda small. Which is probably fine for Hu Tao. But I wanted to pair him with Ganyu for a lot of freeze, and it's difficult to make that work. But not sure there are better hydro characters. I don't have Mona :(
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have C6 Xingqiu leveled up with a sac sword but I'm not having a ton of success with him because his swords proc with normal attacks so its real hard to get that to click with Ganyu. I think I may try moving away from freeze to other reactions until one day I get Mona. And try Xingqiu in Abyss paired with probably Diluc instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.