Apex Legends |OT| You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Finally managed to carry randoms and get one win today, another one of those games where I get 1000+ damage and 4 revives while they both do ~100...

Been using Lifeline a bit more, she's pretty cool. After a lot of playtime I don't see a point in picking a character that's not Bangalore/Lifeline/Wraith if you want to do well. Bloodhound and Mirage don't have terrible hitboxes and don't feel slow but most of their abilities are pretty bleh, save for Bloodhound's ultimate and Mirage's decoy.

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Got a win last night after only surviving for the first 51 seconds. I am pretty sure I was the first one to die and I did not get revived/respawn. My teammates deserve a medal lol.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Whew, 4 wins tonight, the last two of them back to back. Likely my personal high score for one evening so far. Absolutely fantastic games, just seemed to hit every single shot with the R-301.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Found a fun glitch where I got downed and it skipped the down phase and instakilled me even though my teammates were up. We lost the game because of that. Anyone else have this happen?

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm bad at this game. I lose almost every encounter, even when I have the apparent upper hand.

But Pathfinder's mad cute, and it's fun to swing around, so I guess I'll keep playing. I really just want other modes.

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Something has clicked with my son and I. We got 3 wins tonight out of just 6 games. 2 of which were back to back wins and all of them were basically us as a duo as the random either disconnected at the drop or dropped straight into the Hotzone never to be seen again.

We don't play aggressive, but we stick to each others shoulders like glue and always engage enemies together.

Been loads of fun.

I am, however disappointed that I didn't get the banner for winning a game as champion and kill leader. I was both of these things and it never unlocked.

Jan 12, 2018
Got the achievement for equipping a fully kitted weapon finally; it was the wingman of all weapons! That thing is unstoppable with 12 bullets per reload.
I find when my squad comes across a pro wraith who's godly with the wingman we just have zero chance. Crazy damage, full movement ADS, very good range, pretty damn huge clip when you get an extended mag. I don't know how you win against this, lol.

I, on the other hand, am very bad with that weapon. I think I'm over estimating the bullet drop.

Oct 28, 2017
I find when my squad comes across a pro wraith who's godly with the wingman we just have zero chance. Crazy damage, full movement ADS, very good range, pretty damn huge clip when you get an extended mag. I don't know how you win against this, lol.

I, on the other hand, am very bad with that weapon. I think I'm over estimating the bullet drop.
Probably since that thing has virtually no bullet drop (unless the patch changed that). Then range on the wingman is insane.

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one who is so awkward and shy that even when I find a great group of randoms online and they send a friend request, I feel too awkward to accept? Like...that is too much pressure. What if I accept and we play more, and I do terrible?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who is so awkward and shy that even when I find a great group of randoms online and they send a friend request, I feel too awkward to accept? Like...that is too much pressure. What if I accept and we play more, and I do terrible?
Hahahajahaaaaaaa. This is cute, but hilarious. Sorry LMFAO!

PS9

Oct 28, 2017
You say good game, describe the strategy you're using and how you're getting better at it.

Finally level 100, ready for that battlepass.

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of times I'm having people either leave or crash out of games today is extremely frustrating.

Combined with the increasing crazy lag at the start of matches, they need to fix the stability of this game fast or it's going to die.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm starting to appreciate playing with randoms. Kinda back and forth on it tbh. From what I've heard, it matches you with other randoms and not squads. So at least you won't be going against full teams of sweaties lmaoo.

When I'm with a premade, we can win, but it seems harder I dunno.

Speaking of randoms:

I actually did this the other day just to see how my team would react. I was mirage too. They were tripping hahaha.

PS9

Oct 28, 2017
will today finally be the day

respawn pls
The leak from the 1st week of the game where a housemate of a Respawn employee posted a picture of the new legend also said that the battlepass is coming today. It lines up with the Titanfall 5th anniversary and it is Tuesday - the most likely day for a major update to be released as it gives the team the rest of the week to fix any bugs. Also BFV Battle Royale is coming March 28 so EA will want that Battlepass out ASAP.

Oct 25, 2017
The real battle pass was the friends we've made along the way.
Cue all randoms are bad rant.

But really, tonight actually panned out nicely with randoms. Started slow, but I just finished a 3 1/2 hour sesh and won close to 10 matches. Couple hard losses in the top 3 but bounced back with a different random. Ended up with the best MM in a LONG time. Expecting to go back to way things were tomorrow tho.

People keep asking if hip fire is viable. Yes. Yes it is. Love out gunning the opposing Mastiff with your own Mastiff.

Oct 25, 2017
Cue all randoms are bad rant.

But really, tonight actually panned out nicely with randoms. Started slow, but I just finished a 3 1/2 hour sesh and won close to 10 matches. Couple hard losses in the top 3 but bounced back with a different random. Ended up with the best MM in a LONG time. Expecting to go back to way things were tomorrow tho.

People keep asking if hip fire is viable. Yes. Yes it is. Love out gunning the opposing Mastiff with your own Mastiff.

Sweet. I also had a decent night with randoms, but it was honestly more down to me. I spent like 2 hours watching funny Apex clips, and those were mostly from PC players, so while I'm on Xbox I did get a bit of inspiration for a more aggressive, in your face playstyle. It's been working out well. Got a win on my first match, and had another where I'd been melting entire teams on my own, reviving my buddies every single time. Unfortunately it wasn't the case in the final battle as my buddies went down and I was 1v3 in a choke point, but I was still satisfied. I gotta play more like this, for sure, other BR games condititioned me into a different style that does pay off here as well, but less.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet. I also had a decent night with randoms, but it was honestly more down to me. I spent like 2 hours watching funny Apex clips, and those were mostly from PC players, so while I'm on Xbox I did get a bit of inspiration for a more aggressive, in your face playstyle. It's been working out well. Got a win on my first match, and had another where I'd been melting entire teams on my own, reviving my buddies every single time. Unfortunately it wasn't the case in the final battle as my buddies went down and I was 1v3 in a choke point, but I was still satisfied. I gotta play more like this, for sure, other BR games condititioned me into a different style that does pay off here as well, but less.
Nice. Yeah it’s been said time and time again that aggressive playing is rewarded and I love getting paired up with randoms who understand that. My last W of the night we all had around 1400 across the board. Just hitting every spot we hear gunfire. It’s so easy to wreck shop with the current meta of Wraith / Life / Bang (swap in bloodhound for one).

Status
Not open for further replies.