Battlefield V |OT| Band of Brothers and Sisters

Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
I’m so good at this game. Look at all these bodies. Nobody can beat my tactics and aiming. I am Battlefield. If you want this skill, it doesn’t come lightly. You need to practice. You have to become a master of the MMG and the prone stance. If you master this, you too can become Battlefield. Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun dun!

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I’m so good at this game. Look at all these bodies. Nobody can beat my tactics and aiming. I am Battlefield. If you want this skill, it doesn’t come lightly. You need to practice. You have to become a master of the MMG and the prone stance. If you master this, you too can become Battlefield. Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun dun!

Don't downplay your skill Forerunner. You also have FPS and latency issues. It takes a true master to show this level of skill and also deal with that.

Oct 27, 2017
Was the M1922 mg nerfed?

I could have sworn I was able to zoom while standing with it... Now I am forced to lay down.
You cannot aim without the bipod. BUT, the gun is a beast, it shoots so fast you can be pretty inaccurate, yet still spray multiple people before it even overheats. I am running 250 magazines with lower heat, it is absurd how much better it is compared to MG34.

This is why specializations make it difficult for the diversity: you get the best weapon in the category, and then you select how to modify it. There is no "X gun has higher penetration against light vehicles, planes and cover", or "Y weapon has the higher magazine", "Z weapon has the lowest recoil".

Nov 3, 2017
Game can't be played with over 100 ping, shit reminds me of BF3 bullets still killing you even after you have run behind cover for half a sec, with my usual ping 40-45, run for cover and I live, don't get the homing bullets of BF3..

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I heard there's a new night version of uhhh whatever it's called. The tank map. Is it available in conquest?
Nup. Night Panzerstorm is only in Grand Conquest. It's shit though. More like a desaturated grey/blue over the map and not really dark like you'd expect a night map to be.

face

Oct 29, 2017
Hm I got a BFV Nvidia code and was under the impression that it could be redeemed via website (proof as of Feb via Geforce.com) but apparently things have changed since last week, according to Nvidia support. I do not have a GTX 2080, is the only way then to have someone redeem and presumably log into my nvidia/origin accounts? Ugh

Nov 3, 2017
Rush is so bad, poorly designed, you can die in less than 5 secs after the game starts, I am level 40 for ToW i don't need to play this trash mode, it's a good thing it's a temp mode...

Oct 27, 2017
France
I just wont buy them then, because I've no interest playing with a pad.
Xbox One now supports mouse and keyboard, but it's up to the developers to enable it in games. Some games have it enabled like Fortnite and Warframe, and even non-FPS game such as Surviving Mars.
So maybe BFV or the next one will support it too someday.

Dec 12, 2017
Can't help thinking Levelcap's tank complaints are because of the assignments, if you need ten revives or hip fire kills with SMGs, you're not likely to switch class halfway through the game to deal with a tank. Rush seemed to bring out a load of medics as well, like people suddenly care about ticket bleed.

The whole youtuber thing has become a bit bizarre to me. Apparently the gun play in this game is perfect, but they're all a bit bored of the game.

Oct 30, 2017
San Diego
It’s a game mode that funnels you to a certain point on the map. One guy with a MMG can mow down a quarter of the enemy team. Now imagine there are multiple players defending with it. In other game modes it’s not as bad, annoying yes, but not as broken. For instance, in Conquest, if some guy has an area down on lock. Just go to a different point. Or in Breakthrough, you can attack the objective from multiple angles because of the cap radius. This doesn’t happen in Rush, you are all funneled into that one spot with the objective. Plus it being a smaller mode means that instantly mowing down four guys is a huge deal and changes the flow of the game.

MMGs have always annoyed me, but in Rush they just break mode. The only drawback of a MMG is that you can’t ADS and in BF that doesn’t even matter because of the nature of the game. In something like Apex or CoD not being able to ADS would be a huge drawback because those games are about aggressive and fast play. However, BF games are more passive due to the modes. So, you give someone a gun with little to no recoil, huge ass ammo capacity, and an insane RoF then the only drawback is that you can’t ADS? That drawback is fucking meaningless.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I know every time I mention it people get mad, but an Xbox One X plus a XIM Apex is not the worst way in the world to play an FPS... Battlefield is generally one of the games that works pretty well with XIM.
Xbox One now supports mouse and keyboard, but it's up to the developers to enable it in games. Some games have it enabled like Fortnite and Warframe, and even non-FPS game such as Surviving Mars.
So maybe BFV or the next one will support it too someday.
I don't doubt there's better alternatives now more than ever to play Battlefield on a console with alternative control schemes. Microsoft in particular look to be unifying a lot of their Xbox/PC service, content, and hardware delivery.

But I'm still not interested. I primarily game on PC, and so that's where I'd like to stay. A vast majority of multiplayer games are always going to be less prone to cheating on consoles, but I'm not going to abandon my comforts, investment, and preferred control scheme to favour that in the face of an ecosystem that warrants more attention. Battlefield has always had cheating issues but something must be seriously busted with Battlefield V because it's goddamn everywhere at the moment.

Basically my expectation is that EA/DICE do better at stopping it, rather than me finding less cheating rampant places to play.

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so beautiful.

This video might be disorienting/nauseating in some parts (it reminded me why I don't like planes in real life), but some of the shots look amazing.

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
After playing 300 hours of BFV, I still can't get over how bad Image quality this game has. I really don't like the TAA, to me everything seems so unfocused. I've to force mass amount of sharpening to make it more focused. In regards to this Panzerstorm is the worst offender.

1080p 120% res scale.

I rather have jaggies than this TAA but I can't turn it off.

Last edited:

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
After playing 300 hours of BFV, I still can't get over how bad Image quality this game has. I really don't like the TAA, to me everything seems so unfocused. I've to force mass amount of sharpening to make it more focused. In regards to this Panzerstorm is the worst offender.

1080p 120% res scale.

Yeah I don't like the TAA in this game either. I use the .cfg to turn it off even though it messes up the lighting

Oct 27, 2017
I think I know why the game is just chaos, random mush of players who don't care about objectives or team play.

There is nothing wrong with the people who are just doing kill X in one life, or any other inefficient task. The game is designed this way by the people who don't play it: Progression or Teamplay, not both. The assignment treadmill is running every week. I think many people are burned out by this stupidity of prioritizing carrot rewards over quality/balanced rounds.

There is no progression without assignments, pretty sure DICE doesn't give a shit either and is just stalling until Firestorm, then there will be a Bail-out chapter. It all started with dumbasses making "Kill 2 Planes with MG in one round" in BF1. I know we all did this stupid weapon unlock, ignoring the team, and just camping out the planes in mountain maps.

Looking at the Xbox chart again, watch out BFV, just a few steps down and Battlefront II is going to be more popular:

Nov 13, 2018

Lol yeah sure. Good stuff.

Nov 13, 2018

1080p 120% res scale.

What?!? I'm playing in 4k hdr on a 70" for around the same amount of time betwee the x and pro and It looks gorgeous. You must be playing a different game.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I know why the game is just chaos, random mush of players who don't care about objectives or team play.

There is nothing wrong with the people who are just doing kill X in one life, or any other inefficient task. The game is designed this way by the people who don't play it: Progression or Teamplay, not both. The assignment treadmill is running every week. I think many people are burned out by this stupidity of prioritizing carrot rewards over quality/balanced rounds.

There is no progression without assignments, pretty sure DICE doesn't give a shit either and is just stalling until Firestorm, then there will be a Bail-out chapter. It all started with dumbasses making "Kill 2 Planes with MG in one round" in BF1. I know we all did this stupid weapon unlock, ignoring the team, and just camping out the planes in mountain maps.

Looking at the Xbox chart again, watch out BFV, just a few steps down and Battlefront II is going to be more popular:

Ive said before, the assignments that demand players do something a certain way are stupid. They've always been stupid. Assignments need to be severed from weapon progression entirely so people can actually play the game and do whats needed at the moment. The assignments are actually encouraging lone-wolf behavior which runs totally counter to the additional team play mechanics that they added. People should be playing the objectives, not threading needles upside down while blind folded. Assignments just get worse and worse with each game. The game worked best when you just played the game and got the upgrades and new guns over time. If you took the team play additions that BFV added and back ported them to BF3, BF4 or BC2, id never play any other BF games because thats all those games needed, more incentives for team play.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
DICE has always had a hard time balancing complex game design that encourages and rewards teamplay and class specific duties, and the surge of players who instinctively don't care and would rather rush or grind for KDR. I sympathise with the dev team here because I'm sure it's a fucking monster of a problem to try and wrangle; build a game that is deep enough in class/vehicle/weapon role that strategic, coherent team play is rewarding and beneficial towards meeting objectives, while also building an experience that is accessible and caters to the widest breadth of gamers including those who just want to boot up, jump in, and shoot-the-guy. I've always felt Battlefield is at its best when risk/reward and class/vehicle specific duties exist. My most memorable, closest matches are where there's some kind of vague coherency on each team, people working together, and actually trying to strategically take capture points and play to class/vehicle strengths.

I think DICE could learn a lot from Apex Legends, oddly enough. They will never, ever solve the problem of selfish and dumb players. They'll always exist. And the game formula must unfortunately accommodate them. But heavily contextual use of spotting/marking would go a very long way towards assisting communication between teams and squads. They've put a bit of it in Battlefield V; I really like being able to spot marker threat areas, even if I feel the squad doesn't listen most of the time, but when they do and they use it too it feels great.

A basic addition they took out for some reason would be friendly vehicle tagging for a lift. I don't know why this was scrapped and instead made a specific command on the wheel. At least in previous Battlefields I could point at a friendly vehicle, hit Q, and a message would be sent that I need a ride. It's gone here.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the first time I saw the ping and order system in Apex Legends my first thought was "this would be great in Battlefield V" since there was enough thought put into it that it's an essential component of the game unlike BF or any other game regardless of genre where order commands are basic afterthoughts most people pay no attention to (try giving orders in BO4).

If they do copy it I don't expect it until the next game, though.