• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The accuracy and reaction speed on some players who I'm pretty certain aren't cheating is just out-of-this-world good. It's like they are using an aimbot, but I'm confident they're not. Several sequential direct hits without a single miss over massive distance. Reacting immediately in the middle of combat, split second locking on and downing you while both you and them are in motion. It's insane.

EDIT: Also, nobody is ever going to convince me that the whole wiggle-back-and-forth in close encounters doesn't fuck with the hitboxes and ballistic tragectory in some way. I know it makes targets naturally hard to hit, but sometimes it is absolute fucking bullshit. My crosshair is over the opponent and I'm using an automatic. There is no reasonable way at that close range every single bullet of mine misses and every single bullet of theirs hits. No way.

EDIT 2: Scratch that, figure the guy was cheating. Had a couple of absolutely surreal revolver deaths. Either that or he's literally one of the best players in the entire fucking world who literally never misses no matter what.

Last edited:

Thomas

Dec 11, 2017
Sweden
I mean if the BFV live service team is as small as I suspect it is, 1 person matters. Would have rather had them working on maps / vehicles / weapons.

Remember that this is the dev team that said they didn't even have enough resources to fully model the interior of a plane for Airborne.

Acording to one of the devs the post launch team for BFV if bigger than BF1

Kenturrac Multiplayer Level Designer

I think I should add some context and information since any kinda of official information is probably better than random guesses and assumption.
I can not speak for everyone at DICE Stockholm, but I can speak for the PVP content team (people that create Multiplayer maps) since I am part of it since the early hours of BFV. Until the release of Battlefield V no one of our team has worked on Firestorm. Since the release some of us have helped out. Having that said, at this very moment more people work on BFV post launch world content (maps, modes, dynamic-systems) than we had working on Battlefield 1. I am sorry that some of you feel like it has been to much of a gap between Panzerstorm and the first new map outside of Firestorm that will release in May, but I am certain once we finally get there, you will be happy with the cadence of new worlds and experiences. In the meantime you should really give Firestorm a try. The gameplay and the world is amazing and well suited addition to Battlefield.
And while I am here: Thank you for the support so far. Tides of War and the experiences released with it have really seen a lot of engagement with you guys and girls and the hours played in those experiences are mind blowing. We are really happy to see it resonating so well with the community. Thank you for that! <3

Source

Thomas

Dec 11, 2017
Sweden
Unless they count Criterion I honestly have no clue what they're working on. I don't see the same level of post launch content at all, and BF1 had a premium pass. Must be including the Firestorm team, too.

Time will tell what they are working on, but he seems to seperate the development of firestorm and regular multplayer.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Unless they count Criterion I honestly have no clue what they're working on. I don't see the same level of post launch content at all, and BF1 had a premium pass. Must be including the Firestorm team, too.

Well, they need much more character art for BFV that they needed for One for instance, since we have customisations for the microtransactions. Yes, we know that a bunch are already made for the germans and brits but a shit-ton of new ones will be needed for the muricans and japanese for this fall. A new faction in BF1 was new voices, something like 6 new fixed soldier skins and that's it (i don't think elites had faction specific skins). In BFV, it's 4 complete modular skins (8 with class challenges), possibly new set of heads (at least for japan), new voices, new sets for company coins, new sets for boins. It's at least 2x the amount of work for just one faction.

So just for the character department, they probably need more people working on V that they had working on 1.

For the rest i don't know. But just for characters, there's a lot of work to be done for sure.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Armchair thoughts here, but I think one of the things that may have happened with the change from Premium to a more flexible post-release model if DICE wasn't as far along with work on content post-release in the new model as the old one. With Premium for Battlefield and Battlefront, they had rough dates set for major DLC drops, so pretty early on they had to align resources and timelines for those projects to get completed. Without being backed into those corners, it seems to me they've taken the approach to let the game get out there, and then work on content based on the reaction from the community, how much the game has sold, what player base they think they can realistically maintain, etc. (obviously this doesn't mean no work on content was happening, but without a "we have a major DLC we need to release in September", there's probably a different approach)

There is of course "first wave" content that's an exception to this: BF1, Battlefront 2, and BFV all had content drop soon after launch (map for BF1, campaign missions & 2 new maps for BFront, map for BFV & War Story).

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I think the problem is that they are putting too many eggs in one basket.

Like BFV will have:

- 4 Campaign Missions
- Combined Arms
- Firestorm
- 5v5 R6 Mode
- Multiplayer with many modes

So you have people doing maps for 5v5 that could be working in more maps for the multiplayer. You got people doing the SP and creating 5v5 (I don't mind them anyway but that's besides the point), who could have worked in doing CA something more meaningful.

With premium they had to tell you before hand what you were going to get, so they had to get into that. It feels like they are trying different things now to get different audiences and.. I don't know. I'd rather having them adding new maps and factions.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, I have to give full fucking credit to the snipers on PS4 that can get headshots using a controller and up close. Can't even hate.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Did they un-nerf bombers recently? I was getting squad wipes with the JU-88 today and I don't remember getting kills this easily since November.

Finally worth using again, wheeee

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
wp6chrarj4o21.png

90ct8b3tj4o21.png

"
Hi guys,

a quick data mine update for everyone interested in getting advanced designs for his tanks:

The last patch finally introduced early signs of what seems to be a real body customization model for Battlefield V vehicles apart from "simple" reskins. Panzer IV and Churchill MK VII now have individual design schematics (called "dressings") for chassis and turret.

Assumption: This highly indicates a customization system where you can choose designs for both parts independently.

So if you like to combine your "rare" chassis featuring sandbags, a fire extinguisher and a Union Jack with an "epic" barbed wire turret - this could be possible and allows customization way to be more individual and flexible than just five fixed body sets for each tank.

The range of equipment used for body parts in the game files is not extraordinary but accurate. Ammo boxes, track replacements, shovels, cable drums and oil tanks are just some examples. Logs, tent camo nets and flags are already known from the Last Tiger skin and pre alpha.

Expect four sets with a common, uncommon, rare and epic turrent and chassis variant for each tank. We'll probably won't see everything right off the start since there are already some epic vehicle skins in the game that aren't available up until now.

And remember: just because the first two tanks got this additional code doesn't mean that we will see anything soon. But since the topic is discussed here on a regular basis and we aren't getting any news updates I thought I'd share it with you.

Have a nice day!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...v_data_mining_advanced_vehicle_customization/

Oct 27, 2017
Churchill with the Union Jack is on the screenshot of either a loading screen, or a waiting screen. It is quite frustrating to sit without any information regarding what exactly happened with cosmetics/microtransactions. There were Battlefield Coin codes for pre-orders for the January 18th...

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I understand that people are annoyed waiting for this game, but come on, some of the reactions seem a bit extreme. Battlefield isn't 'dead', it's just that this game has had issue, and it doesn't help that DICE had to fight an uphill battle against mens rights activists and 4Chan assholes review bombing their game.

This is DICE trying something new and not doing too well with it, but at least they're trying and didn't abandon the game for their future projects. They're being patient so that they won't have people further bitching about things being unbalanced or unfinished, as they did when BFV first game out.

Look at what Rainbow Six Siege did to turn itself around. Give it some time, set the game down, take some of your investment out of the game for a bit and come back when things are sorted out. No need to take the development so personally.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh nooo people put nasty comments on their shitty trailer, I mean yeah how could anyone expect them to deliver content and a working product after that? So uphill smh.

Oct 28, 2017
Churchill with the Union Jack is on the screenshot of either a loading screen, or a waiting screen. It is quite frustrating to sit without any information regarding what exactly happened with cosmetics/microtransactions. There were Battlefield Coin codes for pre-orders for the January 18th...

It's pretty obvious the reaction to the announcement trailer scared them off and the post-release reception (the game not lighting up sales charts) hasn't helped with anything regarding cosmetics so they want to be on their best behaviour and not piss their core audience off. There's a good reason why a few months before the game's release every piece of marketing media started refocusing on grizzled manly men doing war things and the more "colorful" elements took a backseat alongside their attempts at making the franchise making more inclusive - eg women soldiers in trailers having a significantly reduced focus compared to early marketing. I consider this game a pretty decent example on how all these AAA companies have no morals in regards to marketing and will go with the flow when pressured, but this post is already borderline off-topic enough as it is.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Acording to one of the devs the post launch team for BFV if bigger than BF1

Source

That's very much true. It's hard to speak about internal things due to NDAs and things being intentionally taken out of context, as the comments about coop already have been. Also speaking about some stuff goes way beyond my pay grade and would mean overstepping many people.

What can be said on this publicly... We have likely the most people we've ever had on a post launch team currently (not sure how it was before my time, but I would bet a lot that this is the biggest, certainly much bigger than BF1).

We are working on quite a few maps, weapons, vehicles, game modes, and weekly experiences, and even things like game engine upgrades on a live game which almost never happens. We've been delivering patches every two weeks. Thus we are constantly shipping things. Some of those are bigger things, some smaller. Some you may like, others you may not. Day in and day out, we're working on delivering more content. I can only apologise from my end for not delivering more exact content you want even faster. It's hard to talk about this stuff so feel free to not take my word for anything. :)

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
That's very much true. It's hard to speak about internal things due to NDAs and things being intentionally taken out of context, as the comments about coop already have been. Also speaking about some stuff goes way beyond my pay grade and would mean overstepping many people.

What can be said on this publicly... We have likely the most people we've ever had on a post launch team currently (not sure how it was before my time, but I would bet a lot that this is the biggest, certainly much bigger than BF1).

We are working on quite a few maps, weapons, vehicles, game modes, and weekly experiences, and even things like game engine upgrades on a live game which almost never happens. We've been delivering patches every two weeks. Thus we are constantly shipping things. Some of those are bigger things, some smaller. Some you may like, others you may not. Day in and day out, we're working on delivering more content. I can only apologise from my end for not delivering more exact content you want even faster. It's hard to talk about this stuff so feel free to not take my word for anything. :)
Were you with Dice during BF4?

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the post launch team is that big, then some serious miss management of resources went on (is still going on?) if we have to wait this long for new maps and new factions.

BF1 already had a DLC pack out at this point, with another one fast approaching.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
In BF 1, they didn't have to do much else besides maps. Here are the entire cosmetics for the game. Plus vehicles weren't unique. All the factions used the same things. In BF V, they have to create multiple cosmetics for each faction, plus unique vehicles for each faction. BF V requires a lot more work than the previous titles, which is why I'm not too upset about the current state.

rbqqfb1f2akz.jpg

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In BF 1, they didn't have to do much else besides maps. Here are the entire cosmetics for the game. Plus vehicles weren't unique. All the factions used the same things. In BF V, they have to create multiple cosmetics for each faction, plus unique vehicles for each faction. BF V requires a lot more work than the previous titles, which is why I'm not too upset about the current state.

rbqqfb1f2akz.jpg

I don't think the cosmetics people are the same ones working on maps.

Just like that 1 guy working on Coop isn't a map guy either.

Its hard to really know without a breakdown of whos doing what, cause like they are also probably counting the Firestorm devs too in that "larger team than BF1" comment.

Last edited:

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
If the post launch team is that big, then some serious miss management of resources went on (is still going on?) if we have to wait this long for new maps and new factions.

BF1 already had a DLC pack out at this point, with another one fast approaching.
BF1 came out a month earlier in the year than BFV did, so if you shift BF1's timeline a month, the first expansion would have come out in April. And the "fast approaching" second one was six months after the first.
I hope Firestorm is a lot of fun so I can get an excuse to get this game. Not sure how alive is the community on PC.
Plenty of people are playing the game. The "dead game" internet culture on any game that isn't the top handful of games is pretty silly, plenty of games out there that maintain solid playerbases.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BF1 came out a month earlier in the year than BFV did, so if you shift BF1's timeline a month, the first expansion would have come out in April. And the "fast approaching" second one was six months after the first.

Plenty of people are playing the game. The "dead game" internet culture on any game that isn't the top handful of games is pretty silly, plenty of games out there that maintain solid playerbases.

Yea I still don't think it helps BFV if we align it lol. By the time that second DLC came out we will only have 2-4 new maps and maybe 1-2 new factions if there are no delays in that vague Fall section of the new roadmap. Compare that to the amount of maps you got in BF1 with apparently less people working on BF1 and yea... not a good look for BFV then.

Last edited:

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I still don't think it helps BFV if we align it lol. By the time that second DLC came out we will only have 2-4 new maps and maybe 1-2 new factions if there are no delays in that vague Fall section of the new roadmap. Compare that to the amount of maps you got in BF1 with apparently less people working on BF1 and yea... not a good look for BFV then.
My comments are mostly to dispel the notion that BF1 had content dropping all the time, people seem to forget that the community complained that DLC 1 took way too long to come out and it really took too long for DLC 2 to come out.

People are free to feel disappointed by the speed of content in the roadmap, I'd also like things quicker myself. However, it's also worth noting Firestorm is a major addition to the game and a major piece of their roadmap, regardless of if you are someone that's excited for that or not. Expectations around how and what you add to games have changed, a game mode that requires the resources to create and maintain like a battle royale is not insignificant, and potentially something that helps the game overall much more than another map for conquest.

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People are free to feel disappointed by the speed of content in the roadmap, I'd also like things quicker myself. However, it's also worth noting Firestorm is a major addition to the game and a major piece of their roadmap, regardless of if you are someone that's excited for that or not. Expectations around how and what you add to games have changed, a game mode that requires the resources to create and maintain like a battle royale is not insignificant, and potentially something that helps the game overall much more than another map for conquest.
I think that Firestorm is going to be what brings back the classic Battlefield gameplay that older players have been looking for, as well as a new look at the game for people who picked up the game after Battlefield 3 came out.

The true test for DICE is how they will support BFV after all is said and done.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone ever wants to squad up, hit me up. My Origin is Foxsoxx.

Just had like 5 matches of Conquest with some pretty amazing matches with some random squadmates actually using mics. I went on a tear every single time mostly in a tank going like 30-1 or 40-3 like every match just supporting my team hitting objectives with tanks how the game is supposed to be played moving in once we cleared most of them out. I don't understand why more people don't play like this more. Total randoms and even blueberries were repairing me and everything. Some of the most fun I have ever had playing this game.

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just did my first game and I have to say, it's intense. The TTK is harsher than, the guns are deadlier, and the storm is scary to be in and hear.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Just did my first game and I have to say, it's intense. The TTK is harsher than, the guns are deadlier, and the storm is scary to be in and hear.
I saw the impressions thread on the main forum is already getting shitted on by idiots calling it DOA...i think I'll nope out of there and get my impressions from here instead.

imo, it's probably good that the gameplay is different (Ttk etc) as it'll give people something different to the main game. I'm happy for things to play differently in this mode.

looking forward to more impressions!

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
That's a bingo.

bfv2019-03-2521-22-17frj5d.png

It's good. It's very intense, and very straight to the point. The firestorm itself is horrifyingly tense, mainly because of the audio and visual destruction of everything it catches in its path. Towards the end there's a real sense of monstrous claustrophbia as everywhere you look is constrasted by this enormous burning inferno.

This round in particular was super tense. I ran with a sniper rifle, no scope, a grenade launcher, and the stermgewehr, the latter assisting me through the endgame. Vehicles really mix things up. Early on I got the aquatic jeep via a flair vehicle call-in, crossed the big lake, and caught three people trying to capture a point on the other side. Couldn't take them myself but I sat camped at the top of a ridge in the passenger seat raining disorientating mounted MMG fire down on them. Later on was hiding in a bush, pot shotting a guy in a jeep trying to get away, only to have another player intervene from his own hiding spot amidst another bush and destroy his jeep with a rocket launcher.

End game was painfully tense. About 8 players made it to the last couple of stretches and during this two other players had acquired Staghounds and were chewing through the map looking for targets. One was circling the firestorm safe zone as it enclosed looking for easy targets, the other was in the middle. I got caught kiting the latter amidst a lumber yard, hit it a couple of times with my grenade launcher, and fucking shit myself as it just rolled through the goddamn walls looking for me.

Managed to avoid it, and both players ran out of fuel; the former on the firestorm rim, forcing himself to make the rest of the journey on foot, and the latter only managed to drive into the new safe zone before it conked. The rest of the match was everyone on foot, tensely trying to bait each other. At one point I was hiding in waste deep water near a little boat, using the last two rounds of my sniper to chew up any armour they might have, before being forced to finish the game with the stermgewehr and one magazine.

Really, really fun.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The gunplay suffers heavily with the massively increased bullets to kill in Firestorm. Don't think I'll play it as much as I was hoping.

edit: on the other hand the TTK as it is now makes it pretty easy to combat campers so I'm torn! Damn it!

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's ok. I really don't see myself putting a lot of time into it or it holding my attention for long. Something I'll just do for the ToW assignments.

I understand it's 7 am west coast and it's Monday, but five minute que sucks. Get instantly killed on drop then waiting in que for five more minutes. lol

Last edited:

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Played a quick solo this morning before work and got killed by a player camping in the dark corner of a house watching the open door I strolled through. Got a few shots off on him, but got caught really off guard. I'm excited to get more time in tonight!

The gunplay suffers heavily with the massively increased bullets to kill in Firestorm. Don't think I'll play it as much as I was hoping.

edit: on the other hand the TTK as it is now makes it pretty easy to combat campers so I'm torn! Damn it!

Higher TTK is so necessary in BR games, IMO. Blackout has had a ton of issues finding the right balance and at it's worst you were getting killed from 50-100m before you could even figure out where the gunfire was coming from. Apex has a crazy high TTK and makes battles more memorable for me. Players have time to duck in and out of cover, potentially heal a little, regroup and reposition, etc. I like feeling like I have a chance in every encounter. You'll always be at a disadvantage when someone gets the drop on you in any BR game, I just need to feel like I have a chance to fight back.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm okay with the TTK. Basically I'm trying not to be reactionary, because while I'm conscious of the higher health and armour, I'm instinctively playing to weapon and damage adaptability as learned in Conquest. So in moments where I think "the TTK was too high!", I'm really saying to myself that I played the encounter like it was Conquest, got caught out and lost.

Need to relearn and readjust my play style, basically, and stop relying too much on the damage ratio crutches of Conquest.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

You are doing a good work, I think that a lot of us still has faith in your vision for the game (I really love progression as the war goes on. It's cool to see stuff like this after watching Youtube channels like The Great War). I'd only hope we could get maps faster, but anyway, I just keep playing.

It's good to know that there are a lot of people in your team. That ship's going full speed then.

Hey by the way, anything on the music bug? Sometimes the end of round music just doesn't play, even on the deploy screen (which turn into total silence)

Oct 26, 2017
If EatChildren is going to crosspost from the Firestorm impressions thread, then I sure as hell am as well!

It's easily the best looking BR game. No surprise there. BF is gorgeous in general and the map is close in visuals to regular MP. The actual Firestorm effect is fantastic.

Map is small though. And playercount is small. Why is BF a small feeling Battle Royale? BF should be huge. This should have been 128 players or more, and a bigger map. This feels less lively than Blackout.

Inventory system is terrible. It's awful to navigate on console, and maybe slightly better on PC... but not by much. If you don't agree, the first time you try to fix up a level 3 armor from broken where you are looting armor shards one at a time, you will know what I mean. Criterion should be embarrassed for shipping it this way. The only thing I like about the inventory in this game is that it only takes like 1/4 of your screen when fully opened.

The Fortnite style loot explosions and everything-off-the-ground style looting suck.

Being in a tank in solo is awful. AT weaponry is plentiful, unless someone is ridiculously careless they will sneak up on you. It seems like people aren't too quick to shoot you as you're in the animation leaving the vehicle but I think people are going to catch on to that. It was a little better in squads, but I think you're going to need infantry support. 2 guys in a tank probably isn't going to cut it.

Kill trades happen in solos... with just regular guns. Feels bad man. Also weird lack of team damage from bullets, but artillery strikes and nades have it. Half-assed and unnecessary. Everything should cause team damage. Not a fan of this trend of BRs without team damage. Dumbs the gameplay down too much.

Oh, the third person vehicle camera on console is terrible. It's snap-to-joystick-angle style. Really unfun to use and look at. On PC it's kind of like a normal camera but... needlessly floaty?

MMGs made it into Firestorm. They are awesome, I think I'm going to carry one every chance I get. Seems like the bipod was deploying about as well as it does in the base game after whatever patch fixed it. Lots of good boxes and buildings with windows to mount them. And of course you can Really fun.

I don't like the Fortnite style tiered weapons. And... is Kar98k with a... 3x scope as good as it gets for snipers? Really?

The way you pick your class at the start, even though classes don't matter in game... and then it levels up those classes in the normal game... like.. what? This part feels like an amateur mod. I assume the original squad-only vision of Firestorm actually incorporated a one-of-each mentality or something. Otherwise it doesn't add up.

It doesn't let you start up an X-man squad. Always fills to 4 people. I don't want to play with randoms. Apex forces a full team as well, but with the way that game plays with hero classes and respawns it's more justifiable than this.

Artillery and V1 are pretty cool. The building destruction is great fun in a BR environment.

The game has very little readability. What kind of armor is the guy I'm facing wearing? No clue, doesn't seem to make any visual difference. Does armor protect the head? It... seems to. But I'm not sure. You get a lot of +174 XP ARMOR BROKEN ENEMY DAMAGED bullshit text-vomit on your screen. In PUBG you can see what kind of armor you are facing, well depending on what they're wearing cosmetics-wise, but you can always see the level of helmet, which is the most critical thing in that game. Apex has intuitive color coded hitmarkers, and clear damage numbers, along with nice satisfying sound effects for when you break armor. In Blackout it is pretty as well, at the very least you can always tell when someone has level 3 on.

To the people who said man we need a AAA PUBG KIller... On PC this is not it. Nowhere near good enough, big enough, or deep enough. On console Blackout kind of already killed PUBG, at least FPP. TPP is alive and well, populated full of people with Gears of War related names.

This mode is late and lacks ambition. It will be fun for a while and fade away IMO.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't see this being popular at all. Maybe something maybe for a week or two, but then players are going to drop off it fast.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the menus and load times still the same as the main Battlefield modes? Cause if so, that is going to hurt the mode a lot. People that play BR a lot are used to being able to get back into a new match almost instantly after they die.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I played for about an hour and tired both solo and squads, it just isn't fun. First, the que times are long. Waiting for five minutes and if you are unluckily enough playing for one minute because you don't find anything on drop, die and go back to the long que. The inventory and picking up loot is just a mess. Also, this suffers from the same problem in the main game. Players just going prone in a corner and you never even know they are there. At least in the main game, I can respawn and go back and kill them. This is just running around for 10 minutes then instantly dying to some prone dude you can't see.

It doesn't even come close to the main BR games. Hell, I'd play Blackout over this.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I don't agree with a lot of the above complaints, but yeah, the inventory drops are atrocious. I don't mind the HUD readability. I can see why armour is supposed to be manually applied, for in-action balance. I'm okay with that. But actually picking up stuff off the ground is a fucking nightmare, especially when dropped from an enemy. Already lost count of the amount of times I went to loot an enemy's ammo or side equipment and repeatedly swapping out for their main.

Also, this suffers from the same problem in the main game. Players just going prone in a corner and you never even know they are there. At least in the main game, I can respawn and go back and kill them. This is just running around for 10 minutes then instantly dying to some prone dude you can't see.

This is literally Battle Royale unless you're Apex Legends. Not really a fault of Battlefield.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would think the hacker problem would translate over to battle royal. I haven't tried battle royal yet, prob will later today.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The other BR don't have visibility issues. This is BF V fault.

I don't agree with this at all. Well, I mean, I agree that BFV's visibility isn't as nice as PUBG, but the camp-and-ambush tactic is just as common in PUBG as it is here, and just as deadly. Moreso, because this has higher health values. I couldn't tell you the amount of times a PUBG session consists of literally what you describe; running around for 10 minutes and then instantly dying because of a prone dude you can't see.

EDIT: I actually think, for me personally, the problem I have most with BFV are the "I don't understand why I died" moments, where on my end it seems like I'm landing a lot of shots, but I'll quickly die from the opponent. Heading to bed now and my last two Firestorm deaths were exactly that. Close range, riddling the target with rounds, yet they drop me in a second or two. Could be armour, probably just better accuracy on their behalf, but yeah. Those moments I find more frustrating.

Oct 26, 2017
I can see why armour is supposed to be manually applied, for in-action balance. I'm okay with that..
That's not the problem. The problem is when you don't have shards but your armor is broken. So with the level 3 armor you need to fix it three times. When you pick up a shard, you need to go into your inventory, and move it into an active slot. The UI for that is trash. Then once you use it, your shards are empty again. So it slides some other item into that 'quick use' slot. Then when you find another shard you have to go through the process again. And if you forget you'll end up shooting a panzerfaust at your foot or something.

It's not hard to think of something better. Every other BR has done it better. Maybe they didn't have time to copy Apex, fair enough... but is there really any excuse for it to work worse than Blackout's shards?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I might try again later, but I que times are frustrating. In other BRs when you die, whatever, you can get back into another game almost instantly. This has been at least a three minute que.

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, but I'm really getting Danger Zone vibes from this. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.