• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 16, 2022
I love Turk but not really feeling him as Booster at all. He's a tad too old, IMO. Makes him look like a has-been because of age, instead of his own mistakes. Part of what makes Booster's backstory work is that he was still in his prime when he was disgraced as a footballer.

Not a dealbreaker in the slightest, but I'd still enjoy Faison on the show even if it's not as Booster. Oh well.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Nate got a great hero send-off and it makes sense with his relationship with Zari 1.0.

Did not see the Sara twist coming.

I liked the energy that Booster brought to the show. Hope it gets renewed for S8, even if that does wind up being the last season for the show.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
Legends continues to be great man, I definitely want to know what Booster Gold did to get punished with guarding the most fixed point in time. also, is this the new Time Bureau at the end? A separate one? Also, definitely agree that this has been a good Arrowverse season overall (outside of whatever is happening with Naomi, no idea what they were thinking with the direction in that show).

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I was kinda expecting Nick Zano to leave, if for no other reason than CW forcing him out to cut costs. After Brandon Routh's exit, removing the more expensive actors just seems to be this show's MO in order to keep chugging along.

Time cops at the end are probably the people who appoint the fixers, I would think. Booster fled his station while still wearing the bracelet, so they chased him down. My guess anyway.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
At least it was Zano's choice to leave with his contact up and I think it was made pretty obvious with the living with Zari 1.0 thing.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Overall a really great season. I hope the show gets picked up again, especially now that they've teased adding Booster to the lineup.

Still bitter about Constantine tho.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Oh good that I forgot Donald would be Booster Gold because it was a fun surprise.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I know they were obviously hinting at it with the totem live-in situation, but I wasn't expecting Nick to just suddenly leave like that

Also wasn't expecting Gwyn and especially Alun to stick around either

Sara being pregnant is the craziest thing of all though, the show probably doesn't have much longer left

Overall it was a good season, the back half especially was really top notch

Overall a really great season. I hope the show gets picked up again, especially now that they've teased adding Booster to the lineup.

Still bitter about Constantine tho.

I like Constantine and all, but frankly the dude can kick rocks, his plotlines sort of took over the show for a good bit lol

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I was kinda expecting Nick Zano to leave, if for no other reason than CW forcing him out to cut costs. After Brandon Routh's exit, removing the more expensive actors just seems to be this show's MO in order to keep chugging along.

Time cops at the end are probably the people who appoint the fixers, I would think. Booster fled his station while still wearing the bracelet, so they chased him down. My guess anyway.

If cost savings were a concern they wouldn't have brought in Donald Faison in a big role or kept Matt Ryan around. Anyway, its great that the Legends are finally bringing in DC's biggest time traveling hero, except for maybe LoSH. The show has staid fresh by adding new energy and hopefully Booster can keep them going for a couple more years.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Brandon and Courtney might've been done dirty but their characters went pretty much as far as they could on Legends. Nick's with Nate did too, the show was originally meant to have a bit of a revolving door with the cast.

Stage on

Oct 25, 2017
That was a really lame way to write off just about everyone's Super powers all at once with Sara losing her regeneration, Zari 2.0 giving away the wind totem and Nate losing the ability to turn to steel. Yes I know mustard gas can corrode steel but it takes prolonged exposure to have any real negative effect.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was a really lame way to write off just about everyone's Super powers all at once with Sara losing her regeneration, Zari 2.0 giving away the wind totem and Nate losing the ability to turn to steel. Yes I know mustard gas can corrode steel but it takes prolonged exposure to have any real negative effect.

Sara's regeneration made for some fun gags but is whatever, she doesn't need em

Everybody makes constant jokes about how Nate barely ever uses his powers to begin with, and has left the show anyhow

I don't have a defense for Zari tho :P

ravn0s

"This guy are sick"
Oct 29, 2017
If there's a season 8 they are definitely going to have an episode or two with an aged up version of Sara and Ava's kid.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
re-watching Smallville along side the newest Legends made me realise there's been a scrubs actor in most of these DC shows, janitor popped up a couple times in Smallville, Dan appears in the flash(and the other shows too via crossovers), Carla was in Batwoman a couple weeks ago, Ben is in Doom Patrol, and now Turk is in Legends, did anyone pop up Arrow or Supergirl?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
re-watching Smallville along side the newest Legends made me realise there's been a scrubs actor in most of these DC shows, janitor popped up a couple times in Smallville, Dan appears in the flash(and the other shows too via crossovers), Carla was in Batwoman a couple weeks ago, Ben is in Doom Patrol, and now Turk is in Legends, did anyone pop up Arrow or Supergirl?
One of the last season kids is Doctor Light on Titans, but that is it.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Still crossing my fingers for Legends of Tomorrow renewal. Any scoop on Season 8, if there is one? –P.J.

If the show is renewed, Zari will indeed be sans her special abilities after handing over her totem to Nate in the Season 7 finale. "We don't want her to have superpowers anymore," co-showrunner Keto Keto Shimizu explained to TVLine. "It feels like Zari is a different kind of superhero and someone who's going to have to discover a different kind of power that she's already started tapping into [in Season 7]. Her incredible kindness and empathy, and her willingness to go above and beyond to help somebody in need, really is her superpower, and we want to show all the ways to celebrate that as her story continues. She's not someone who needs to blow down doors or to send hurricanes after people — that didn't feel right for her anymore — which is why she so willingly parts with it at the end of this season."

tvline.com

Inside Line: Scoop on 9-1-1: Lone Star, Moon Knight, New Amsterdam, Halo, Legends, NCIS, Walking Dead and More

Get the INSIDE LINE! Scoop on "Moon Knight," "New Amsterdam," "Chicago Fire," "Legends of Tomorrow" and several other shows.

Feb 16, 2022
Still crossing my fingers for Legends of Tomorrow renewal. Any scoop on Season 8, if there is one? –P.J.

If the show is renewed, Zari will indeed be sans her special abilities after handing over her totem to Nate in the Season 7 finale. "We don't want her to have superpowers anymore," co-showrunner Keto Keto Shimizu explained to TVLine. "It feels like Zari is a different kind of superhero and someone who's going to have to discover a different kind of power that she's already started tapping into [in Season 7]. Her incredible kindness and empathy, and her willingness to go above and beyond to help somebody in need, really is her superpower, and we want to show all the ways to celebrate that as her story continues. She's not someone who needs to blow down doors or to send hurricanes after people — that didn't feel right for her anymore — which is why she so willingly parts with it at the end of this season."

tvline.com

Inside Line: Scoop on 9-1-1: Lone Star, Moon Knight, New Amsterdam, Halo, Legends, NCIS, Walking Dead and More

Get the INSIDE LINE! Scoop on "Moon Knight," "New Amsterdam," "Chicago Fire," "Legends of Tomorrow" and several other shows.
I wonder if Behrad still has his half of the totem and thus the wind power? Never quite sure how they work.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

tvline.com

I hope the renewal news comes soon. This being the first time in like 12 years where I've felt worried about CW shows I watch get renewed is a weird feeling. Haha.

The interaction/coordination between the Legends and Batwoman fan bases on Twitter has been fun to watch.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
It's not renewed? I just assume nothing can cancel a CW show and if it does end, they just do a spin off. lol

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's not renewed? I just assume nothing can cancel a CW show and if it does end, they just do a spin off. lol
The CW only renewed a few shows early this year most likely because of the potential sale of the network. We'll have to wait until the upfronts next month for the news on the rest.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The CW only renewed a few shows early this year most likely because of the potential sale of the network. We'll have to wait until the upfronts next month for the news on the rest.

CW renewed all of their 'core' series a couple of weeks ago. Nancy Drew getting another season but not the Legends is pretty concerning.

deadline.com

The CW Renews 7 Series: ‘The Flash’, ‘Kung Fu’, ‘All American’, ‘Nancy Drew’, ‘Superman & Lois’, ‘Walker’ & ‘Riverdale’

The CW has given early renewals to scripted its series The Flash, All American, The Flash, Kung Fu, Nancy Drew, Riverdale, Superman & Lois and Walker.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Caught up on both seasons 6 and 7 the past couple of weeks, and this is still just such a wonderful show and an incredible achievement from its rather weak beginnings.

Of note for the last season I like so many others am really sad to see Nate go. It's funny, I'd been thinking how it almost seems out of place when characters have superpowers, it's not been at the forefront of the team at all in years. So when Nate lost his powers I just thought oh interesting... wait why is everyone acting like he has to leave just because he has no powers?! Almost nobody has powers, and if they do they sure aren't using them. I do like how the interview pointed out if Nate retained his powers he would feel obligated to use them, and so it's a good way for him to make a clean break. It still felt weird how they tried to naturally segue from him losing his powers to immediately leaving the team. Just really going to miss my time bro :(

Crazy that Rory didn't appear even once. So much for those periodic appearances :(

I really enjoy Spooner after being hesitant on her in her early days, and I'm really glad they didn't feel the need to force a relationship on her and instead let her be asexual, an identity that I think works really well in her character. There's enough forced pairings and I had been feeling trepidation over who they would try to pair her off to, so that reveal was wonderful. Not a big fan of Gary and Gideon at all, though I love both characters a lot. Seriously, how does a character like Gary not just work but be so integral to the show? Incredible. Gideon was mostly a favorite of mine throughout the season, though her time master episode attitude was pretty eh.

I actually never liked Constantine all that much, his and Astra's arc was a bit of a drag to me, and he was just tonally at odds with the Legends and too much of an asshole for me to care, his relationship with Zari felt very forced, and his adoption of punk aesthetic and anti-capitalist messaging felt very pastiche instead of sincere. I did like the actors performance for him, especially at the end of his arc with the addiction and acting against himself stuff, that was really, really good.

All that is to say I really loved Gwyn, he's an incredible character. Very tender and passionate, intelligent and tortured, simultaneously off-putting and amiable. The show used him to great effect to explore trauma (the part where he had blacked out telling the soldier the lords prayer as he lay there dying omg) and repressed sexuality due to societal and religious indoctrination, just fantastic stuff. I wonder if he'll stick around or instead this was just a sign of "let's give Matt Ryan a new character every season" which I would be very down with, since it seems like Gwyn is kind of at the end of his journey. Of course when characters reach their natural conclusion Legends likes to lean into them even more, so we'll see. My favorite humorous line from him was when the team was scrambling for time-disrupting ideas and Spooner said "like how we landed a man on the moon in 1969?" and he replies very gravely something like "I wonder whatever he did to deserve that fate."

I also once commented that Caity Lotz was my least favorite actor on the show, and I dislike the Sarah Lance character pretty fundamentally. That said she's grown on me a lot, probably helped by the great relationship with Ava who is just another one of those "you shouldn't work as a character but you totally do" characters. I never liked her more serious leadership qualms, her womanizing through time, her frowny face demeanor... the more they lean into silly, fun and in love Sarah Lance the happier I am with the character.

Behrad was great, his peak definitely being in the reality tv episode. His relationship with Astra is just more boring CW shit to me but watchu going to do about it huh. I really enjoyed him playing his robot self, and how happy he was with his singing songs to children. Astra... eh. She could be a fun character and she definitely has her moments, but she's gotta be the one character I care least about in the current cast. I did like her last minute rewrite of maternal instincts towards Gideon, that's a fun relationship dynamic that is much more interesting than "let's have every hot character meet another hot character to bang." More time bros, witch moms, unlikely friendships, sentient computers, happily humanized aliens, less people wanting to bang because they're hot, please. The romantic relationships are almost always so boring compared to more interesting dynamics that the team can explore (yes I'm aware this is a CW show).

Fingers crossed for another season, and I'm sorry for anyone thinking my bump might be that news lol.

Edit: realized I didn't say much about Zari. Love her. Her Tazari relationship with Nate was very sweet, her and her brother had great interactions, she got to be the indicator for Spooner coming out, she's just a joy.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
On Twitter, I've noticed the writers/cast have been going hard with the renewal hashtag. Guess it's a campaign to help with the odds of a season 8.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it's their best cape show, I'm honestly surprised that it isn't a guaranteed thing like Flash or whatever else they still have these days.
Haven't they already committed to like 50 seasons of Riverdale at this point? lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Considering it's their best cape show, I'm honestly surprised that it isn't a guaranteed thing like Flash or whatever else they still have these days.
Haven't they already committed to like 50 seasons of Riverdale at this point? lol

Legends is more expensive than most shows to produce because the time travel conceit means their costume and set budget is WAY higher than something like Riverdale that makes a ton of use of the same sets over and over and over again.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
TVLine held a poll for which bubble shows people would like to see renewed.

The results are fairly expected based on how hard fans are pushing for renewal on Twitter:

t7uzoek.png

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Legacies is #1.

I'm only watching that at this point for Hope's actress haha.