• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the first game I tried to design was an apocalypse theme and it had randomized traps and my reviewers shut that shit down because "it's not fun to play mafia if you're bitten by a snake and may have a 13% chance of death through no fault of your own" and BOY HAVE THINGS CHANGED IN THE TWO YEARS OR SO SINCE, let me tell you.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
H? r? Y? ? g? S? w

www.joydeepdeb.com

Find and Replace - Multiple Text Online

Use Online Find and Replace Tool to find multiple text and replace them with other multiple text you wish to replace with. It supports the RegEx regular expressions syntax. Easy to use online tool.
N?, ? m?st b? str?ng ?nd s?ff?r ?n th? w?ys ?f ?ld
returning the favour:

"eaur'ru licke e cin't tepe fist unymuro, ooo bott"
th?nk ???

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
H? r? Y? ? g? S? w

www.joydeepdeb.com

Find and Replace - Multiple Text Online

Use Online Find and Replace Tool to find multiple text and replace them with other multiple text you wish to replace with. It supports the RegEx regular expressions syntax. Easy to use online tool.
Maolfunction is now in a new Torture Chamber!

In addition to the one he is currently in, he must also write his posts backwards until I say he is released from the Torture Chamber.

Example: ChAmBeR tOrTuRe NeW a In NoW iS mAoLfUnCtIoN

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Let me just be clear:

I don't care about items beyond hoping scum doesn't get them if they are useful.

I don't really care about power roles beyond protective roles, because the game is bastard and power roles introduce complications, not clarity.

Further don't care about power roles because they lead people to terrible assumptions about game design, which is an awful basis for a read. I mean, we killed LOVERS day one because "idk guys they aren't confirmed to each other." That's a trash read and it's based solely on game design decisions and reading roles. Hate it.

So yeah, I don't care about money and don't care about Chuggs as a money generator. This is consistent with my general approach to this stuff. I care about Chuggs as a person because he's my (beauty) boi and I care about people solving. Right now, I have to vote one of these four. Right now, the person I can see getting rid of is Chuggs. If you think this is bad, convince me someone else is better hard reduction. (That Pancakes is probably vanilla won't do it; see above.)
So you view all four of them as towny on varying scales, and see a vote on chuggs as the least harmful solution?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
please get your votes off me before no one is able to type normally anymore

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. I don't really get how you think that's all the things from the party nor why you think this answers my objections, but sure, yes, that's one of the bigger issues, along with A's response to wee and the gossip stuff.

I am not going to go back and forth with you. It's not productive today, but because there is a chance I don't live until tomorrow, I am absolutely going to make my concerns known. It's easy to post things that look helpful. It's harder to solve. I see you doing the one. I see less of the other, but we'll see what happens with your Chugg stuff. Makes me wonder a bit why Sneeks asked ME about Chuggs and not you, though.
Sorry for snapping, but you should know it's frustrating when 90% of what you're doing is legitimately trying to game solve, but people only focus on the 10% where you're fucking up. There are a lot of players in the game; I've been trying to do one full reread for each of my null reads or where applicable like Chugg, and that's why there's less of "the other".

Ok, so we've got:
  1. All players on EoD1 Hawthorn votes
  2. Gossip chat between wee/Aeleus

Oct 26, 2017
And now he's voting for me.
Maybe it's my paranoia, but to be honest, his vote on you felt like it was riding on my vote without giving any reason. It made me want to unvote you, but I was readying to head out the door.

Can I get a tldr summary from weemadarthur, Kyanrute, Stantastic, Zippedpinhead on why you think we should vote for Fatdog? I remember donna and ATP.

Can I get the same from LITERALLY ANYONE/everyone scumreading wee or voting wee in this thunderdome? Because I will be shocked if wee is scum here. Pancakes and wee are the two I feel are least likely to be scum. I'd order like this:

Pancakes
wee
Fatdog
Chuggs

Pancakes just radiates town. If she's scum, she's a force to be reckoned with, tbh.
wee also radiates town. These two have, I think, done what I love: they have made themselves look obvi town. So I really want to know why people see this differently.

Fatdog - SEEMS very townie and has provided townie answers and is invested but also a little cagey here and there, enough to introduce doubt.

Chuggs - Chuggs has a role that seems town and has done town-ish things with it. But I don't think he's invested. I saw some of it during the party. I miss that Chuggs. (I hope he's feeling better soon, though, since he's said he's sick.)
I feel like they're all town at this point, so don't look at my vote as scumreading. This will sound scummy and wish-washy, but I could very easily be swayed to go to just about anyone other than Fat4All. Their cagey-ness actually makes me want to keep them around because I imagine it's simply them not wanting to shine a spotlight on themselves for scum. It leaves me intrigued enough to keep them around.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Fat4all (6 votes)
weemadarthur - #2,679
AllThingsPurple - #2,684 #3,200
Kyanrute - #2,736
Stantastic - #2,965
Zippedpinhead - #3,213
empressdonna - #3,255
AllThingsPurple - #3,258

weemadarthur (5 votes)
Fat4all - #2,773 #2,777
Fat4all - #2,810
Blargonaut - #2,945
turmoil7 - #3,059
Vincent Alexander - #3,192
Funky Dude Sparks - #3,229

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #3,279
LaunchpadMcQ - #3,306

Not voting: MrHedin, Verelios, rac, Reki, TheChuggernaut, Maolfunction, Sawneeks, Conditional-Pancakes

Post Counts:
weemadarthur: 95 Dr. Monkey: 94 AllThingsPurple: 73 Fat4all: 71 Conditional-Pancakes: 40 Blargonaut: 40 turmoil7: 32 Kyanrute: 29 Sawneeks: 28 TheChuggernaut: 26 LaunchpadMcQ: 23 Vincent Alexander: 19 Reki: 18 Maolfunction: 18 Stantastic: 15 rac: 14 Funky Dude Sparks: 13 Zippedpinhead: 13 Verelios: 9 empressdonna: 9 MrHedin: 6 Aeleus: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
ThAnKs. SuNdAy, My EnJoY gO gOnNa I'M rEaD, tO dIfFiCuLt InCrEaSiNgLy Be To GoInG i'm SiNcE bUt, ErRaNd. FoOl's A iS hErE mE sTuMp To TrYiNg PeRsOnAlLy,

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so this is gonna be my last post for a while because I'm the fun police, but here's what I think:

People need to make cases for their thunderdome picks. Please.

The four people in the dome need to make legacy posts, please. Not least because one of you will die but the NK could be another since so many think you are all town.

Here is a question for everyone:

I don't recall A every replacing out before so I think there's no way to compare. BUT: what do you think of A leaving an in-thread roadmap of actions for their replacement, which is definitely atypical in general? (I do not consider this circumstances around replacement, so I see this as within bounds, but if it's not, I'm sure Fanto will correct me.)

I would like to know who everyone would vote if there was no thunderdome today. I would vote Maol or Hedin. Possible turmoil because I think pressure would help there but I don't have a decision on turmoil yet.

I absolutely think there are clues in this:
I'm going to bed. But these were the people who showed up and engaged during the night chat. Not all the same degree and it's not a for sure town list, obviously, but I think it's worth considering as a group more likely to be town heavy.

rac
Kyaa
Maol
Chuggs
wee
ATP
Fatdog
Pancakes
Reki
Turmoil
Stan
Launch
VA
(Sneeks - I didn't add her for some reason but she should be there, think I just missed it when retyping my list)

Zipped and Aeleus showed up with some game content but less than these. I'd put Zipped at more than A. Of this list, VA maybe did the least bit it seemed genuine.

The list of people NOT included here are:
Blargonaut
Sparks
MrHedin
Aeleus
Zipped

and also:
LP (dead now, also fitting for LP)
donna (doesn't count, had just replaced in, and jman was wilding out so we can kind of count that with the above)

I think there is scum in the not-participating list. And I think some in the "particpating/solving" list are slim and could be moved down (VA and turmoil).

Town wants to solve and needs to talk about it. Scum doesn't have to solve and doesn't need to talk.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Okay, so this is gonna be my last post for a while because I'm the fun police, but here's what I think:

The four people in the dome need to make legacy posts, please. Not least because one of you will die but the NK could be another since so many think you are all town.

I don't recall A every replacing out before so I think there's no way to compare. BUT: what do you think of A leaving an in-thread roadmap of actions for their replacement, which is definitely atypical in general? (I do not consider this circumstances around replacement, so I see this as within bounds, but if it's not, I'm sure Fanto will correct me.)

I would like to know who everyone would vote if there was no thunderdome today. I would vote Maol or Hedin. Possible turmoil because I think pressure would help there but I don't have a decision on turmoil yet.

Blargonaut
Sparks
MrHedin
Aeleus
Zipped

and also:
donna (doesn't count, had just replaced in, and jman was wilding out so we can kind of count that with the above)

I think there is scum in the not-participating list. And I think some in the "particpating/solving" list are slim and could be moved down (VA and turmoil).

Town wants to solve and needs to talk about it. Scum doesn't have to solve and doesn't need to talk.

HeDiN iS hIgH oN mY sCuM lIsT.

sTaN tOo ThOuGh I kNoW oThErS lIkE hIm FoR tOwN

i WoUlD hAvE lOoKeD tHeRe On A nOrMaL dAy

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Fanto, do one where the player has to make every post without using spaces and capital letters

e.g:

man,thefirstgameItriedtodesignwasanapocalypsethemeandithadrandomizedtrapsandmyreviewersshutthatshitdownbecause"it'snotfuntoplaymafiaifyou'rebittenbyasnakeandmayhavea13%chanceofdeaththroughnofaultofyourown"andboyhavethingschangedinthetwoyearsorsosince,letmetellyou.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
id be open to moving my vote to pancake, but I'd need to see more movement, at the moment the vote is 7 to 6 and my sweet sweet ass hole is on the line

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Blargonaut
Sparks
MrHedin
Aeleus
Zipped

and also:

W?ll ?nsw?r wh?n n?t ?n q??st??n m?rk h?ll

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
PaNcAkEs VaNiLlA tHe Of RiD gEtTiNg Is
MaKe To MoVe SmArTeSt ThE

vOtE: cOnDiTiOnAl-PaNcAkEs
sRiwqSM.gif

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Scum had a power to funnel town money towards them(faddy's role), I doubt the have one or two other roles who give them easy money(chuggs and whoever stole from VA)

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Scum had a power to funnel town money towards them(faddy's role), I doubt the have one or two other roles who give them easy money(chuggs and whoever stole from VA)
they had Faddys fake items to make cash and they also have a thief right?

you think that's enough for 5-7 scum?

there might be another way for scum to make keesh off of town, but Chuggs ability drawing from the house instead of other players doesn't seem scum

maybe scum has their own bets system so they can pass around money as well

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
basically

Faddy: rips off town, gets their cash
Thief: steals from town at night

Chuggs: a chance to win money from the house

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
sry am I pre-empting the best torture chamber ideas? okay no more suggestions, nothing but PROBLEM SOLVING now from me, yes

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Dear Vigilante,

If you still have shots, please save us from this thunderdome situation and shoot someone not in it.

love,
dr. money

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Fat4all (6 votes)
weemadarthur - #2,679
AllThingsPurple - #2,684 #3,200
Kyanrute - #2,736
Stantastic - #2,965
Zippedpinhead - #3,213
empressdonna - #3,255
AllThingsPurple - #3,258

weemadarthur (5 votes)
Fat4all - #2,773 #2,777
Fat4all - #2,810
Blargonaut - #2,945
turmoil7 - #3,059
Vincent Alexander - #3,192
Funky Dude Sparks - #3,229

Conditional-Pancakes (2 votes)
Maolfunction - #3,370
Sawneeks - #3,375

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #3,279
LaunchpadMcQ - #3,306

Not voting: MrHedin, Verelios, rac, Reki, TheChuggernaut, Conditional-Pancakes

Post Counts:
weemadarthur: 96 Dr. Monkey: 95 AllThingsPurple: 75 Fat4all: 74 Blargonaut: 44 Conditional-Pancakes: 40 turmoil7: 35 Sawneeks: 31 Kyanrute: 29 TheChuggernaut: 26 LaunchpadMcQ: 23 Vincent Alexander: 21 Maolfunction: 20 Reki: 18 Stantastic: 15 rac: 14 Funky Dude Sparks: 13 Zippedpinhead: 13 Verelios: 9 empressdonna: 9 MrHedin: 6 Aeleus: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Aelios
So far a plausible scum for me, let's see what happens with vere, i've detailed this

AllThingsPurple
I believe the claim, seems town

Reki
Has done more solving lately. A lot of the 'apparent' solving is more making observations, like the post where they summarize everything that happened and offer no conclusions. Busywork, made to look like solving. Scum lean remains.

Sawneeks
Not convinced of towniness. Saw has +2 scum points by my read, and likely +2 town points also.

Zippedpinhead
I am mystified. Very little scum hunting. I'd still flip him if i could but wouldn't be shocked if he WAS town, just lost. but by not doing much at all, he can be scum not committing to any statement they'd have to back up later.

LaunchpadMcQ
I'm taking the green check but i've gone both ways on launch durin gthe game.

Stantastic
Has +2 townie points for post content then got cursed.

Dr. Monkey
probably town. I don't have to worry about that because scum will shoot her and reassure me.

empressdonna
probably town, behavior after replacing is doing her best. Predessexcor seemed town.

Fat4all
nullish but a dark horse option for hidden wolf.

TheChuggernaut
Seemed town day one, got cursed and sick, need to reread, might be a "low harm" option to flip given the sitch

rac
Has a lot of +town points from content, didn't notice any +scum points.

Vincent Alexander
Seemed more like he was trying to 'seem' town than that he 'was' town. Subtly blending. Not very conclusive statements. He plays that way as town too. Something in his votes seemed scummy to me iirc.

Conditional-Pancakes
probably town

Maolfunction
Started out towny, dropped off, came back towny. He's slippery as scum. I'd have a hard time defending him against a lunch push because i don't fully believe in his towniness myself.

Kyanrute
Apart from bizarre green check, he behaves like his town self. No +scum points.

MrHedin
I've scum read his town game before and this feels identical. Some solving. Speaks succinctly. Response to my pushing feels genuine. I think he's town.

turmoil7
not town. It's not just the weird way of role claiming, it's Also trying to push that i might not be a gossip even though that was confirmed by the participant. Like, you could be claiming i'm a scum gossip, but this is practically a counterclaim level of "can't be true" and it isn't a town move. Also keeps on fishing for this [alleged-lover] name, and i don't believe anything good will happen to Elyse from him.

Blargonaut
Post content seems? Townish? He did the vote-pushing on day one, that can be done by scum, too, i've seen it, but more often by town. I never try because i can't babysit a thread that way but i appreciate the work that goes into it. He's out there trying to get people to sheep him and giving variously silly thoughts to follow, and analyzing them based off of it.

Funky Dude Sparks
i have nothing. I've tried all kinds of ways to get consistent reads on sparks in various games and I too often guess wrong to even comment.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
vanilla pancakes
tunneling in my mind
for now this vote is fine
goes well with a glass of wine
vote: conditional-pancakes

i hate you for this one fanto

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be going through D2 and relevant posts little by little, so buck up.
rac, to answer your edited post above: no, trying to equalize the vote when a Mafia player already got eliminated is not strange in this context. Not when the player that was going to be eliminated (Hawthorn) was very probably Town according to my readings. And especially when it was revealed that this player would be taking down another player with them if they died.

I didn't like the very probable worst-case scenario of having two Town players being taken down at the same time. Worst-case scenario which turned out to be what happened, btw.
Am I missing something here? I bet I'll find the answer in the next page but Reki had 7 votes and Hawthorn had 6 until you 'equalized' them by unvoting Reki. Keeping your vote as is seemed to be the best way to protect the lovers you thought were probably town.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
That was hard to catch up to, semi-present now.

a thunderdome already gives scum cover to just coast and vote on someone for little reason correct?

Who's coasting/voting on someone for little reason in your eyes, rac?

Don't even mind if you point my way, seems like we should speed things up but I really want to go back for a couple of points.

I told nin to start a train on LP for the following reasons:
1. LP hadn't done shit and looked more like his scum self than his town self at that point, so it could have been a reasonable flip
2. Despite that, LP is also an "easy" target. On day one, I look for people who go after weird posters like sparks, difficult reads like LP, and noobs. I wanted to see if nin would do that to get a read on nin.
3. It was funny.
4. Posts complaining that nobody is doing anything DESERVE to receive the response of "do it yourself".

Couldn't answer this earlier, but thanks for explaining. Did you think of all these when typing that answer?

Because it seemed like such a quick, gut-reaction to that post of nin, at least to me.

I'm out for a while.

I'm sorry for your loss, VA.

Page 65? What day is this? Yo, what day is this? Day 2!?

Welcome!

Chugg does not question Faddy's roleclaim and immediately unvotes. This, more than anything else, makes him look super sketchy.

My gut reaction I didn't get to share when reading that was, why unvote if there was no majority rule in effect? Quick unvotes after a claim are there to avoid a tragedy. But I discarded that quickly after thinking it was meaningless. No idea why I'm even mentioning now, you just reminded me of it.

ThAnKs. SuNdAy, My EnJoY gO gOnNa I'M rEaD, tO dIfFiCuLt InCrEaSiNgLy Be To GoInG i'm SiNcE bUt, ErRaNd. FoOl's A iS hErE mE sTuMp To TrYiNg PeRsOnAlLy,

This is like, the worst possible time to ask. But when you're out of the Chamber, please tell me where your thoughts on LP were during the N64 Party. Thanks.

I believe Aeleus was replaced by nin in SV. Don't recall anything of the sort that time.

A seemed to have a couple things they didn't want to get lost when they were gone - their version of how the Gossip chat turned out, that seemed a little different than what we had from wee - but that's like, the obvious interpretation? Like, I'm not seeing where do you want to go with this. Gonna go check it again.

That's actually... a pretty good point.

they also have a thief right?

Wait a second, how do we know this?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Monkey is wrong in her stance. I'm just very out of it at the moment and haven't been able to deep dive into what I want to deep dive. I'll get better at solving once we're out of this nonsense, and I get to feeling a bit better, but if you just want to get rid of me now I get it. Beauty Boi!!!

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Who's coasting/voting on someone for little reason in your eyes, rac?

Don't even mind if you point my way, seems like we should speed things up but I really want to go back for a couple of points.
wasn't directly accusing anyone just a sort of general idea that it would let scum coast today

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't answer this earlier, but thanks for explaining. Did you think of all these when typing that answer?

Because it seemed like such a quick, gut-reaction to that post of nin, at least to me.
Yes, probably. It's all background radiation to mafia games here.
on the other hand sometimes my gut precedes my logic. On the other other hand, i think fast.
This is like, the worst possible time to ask. But when you're out of the Chamber, please tell me where your thoughts on LP were during the N64 Party. Thanks.
What difference will it make to go back and discuss things about a dead player with 8 posts? I hope you have reasoning, though you can save it until after the response comes, because this sort of pointless question is busywork until you can show why it will help ANYwhere.