• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People whined because shotguns weren't one hit kills. So they buffed them and ruined build diversity. Now if you don't run a shotgun you're kinda stupid. Esp if you go up against more than one person

Yeah, I feel so stupid now lol as I had no idea that had changed, I was getting wrecked at every turn by people with shotguns and wondered wtf was going on

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I took several seasons off from playing BR and never got to play with the health regen but I'm having fun with Team Rumble the past few days.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just so people are aware, the new arena mode does have health regen in it. Been giving it a go and about to get to division 2.

Finding it better then the usual tournaments too which is good because those just felt impossible to advance.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Shotguns are the only reliable guns in the game.
Shotguns are not reliable. At all.

And I still don't understand complaints about weapons. Apart from the few trash tier weapons (scoped & heavy AR to the vault, plz) and rocket launchers being as annoying a n00b weapon as they always are in every game, every weapon has its uses and there are stuff like the fart bombs & such that are pretty handy in a lot of situations.

Oct 25, 2017
Shotguns are not reliable. At all.

And I still don't understand complaints about weapons. Apart from the few trash tier weapons (scoped & heavy AR to the vault, plz) and rocket launchers being as annoying a n00b weapon as they always are in every game, every weapon has its uses and there are stuff like the fart bombs & such that are pretty handy in a lot of situations.

Relatively speaking. Yea every weapon has their uses but shotgun is king in this game.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
All ARs are kinda shit to me but they always have been. The thermal AR is aight though.

I'm still a shotgun and SMG guy

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
All ARs are kinda shit to me but they always have been. The thermal AR is aight though.

Yeah, learned the hard way that ARs and Pistols are all but useless in this game. My preferred loadout is an SMG, shotgun, heavy sniper rifle (if I can find the damn thing!), and two healing items. Wish I could snipe...

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if all super nerds are playing Arena or if Epic turned off matchmaking with the removal of the kill-heals & such. Feels like there are fewer try-hards/super builders around. I think we had a 6 or 7 game winning streak yesterday in squads and I feel way more low-to-mid level players. You didn't constantly have to play at your absolute best level just to not get killed in 3 seconds.

That said, the material gathering downgrades & kill-bonus removal have definitely once again affected the game quite noticeably. Negatively, imho. People camp a whole lot more and 3rd (or 4th or 5th) partying after one battle ends and one team is possibly a bit damaged & material deprived is more common.

Yeah, learned the hard way that ARs and Pistols are all but useless in this game. My preferred loadout is an SMG, shotgun, heavy sniper rifle (if I can find the damn thing!), and two healing items. Wish I could snipe...
Wut? ARs are insanely deadly + they are really good for keeping pressure on enemies who try to camp up & preventing people from having the time to heal if/when you get some shots in, even across long distances (SMGs suuuck beyond 20 meters or something). ARs are also pretty good at dropping down enemies who are trying to get the high ground if/when they are rushing you.

You gotta learn to tap and not hold the button down when shooting at people. Holding down is only for structure destruction, for people you can be pretty deadly up to around 100 meters with an AR. SMGs are decent but they are the one regularly carried weapon that I personally drop if I want space for sniper rifles, rocket/grenade launchers, other offensive stuff or a bit more healing.

Dual pistols can be really good. Not quite as good as ARs against structures but even the worst dual pistols can do some heavy damage really quickly if even just 2-3 bullets hit enemies, even more so with headshots. Silenced pistols are pretty deadly too though they suck real bad against structures so they aren't a preferred pick in the long run. But especially in the beginning they can be useful/deadly. They are good for freaking out players who can't hear where they are being shot at from. Hand cannon is kind of a mixed bag. When they did massive damage against, I feel they were a bit too powerful but now that they don't do that, they are kinda useless. Not sure how to fix that (maybe a smaller clip or slightly slower fire rate, or more damage against people but not insta-destruction of structures).

Red UFO

Oct 25, 2017
ARs and Surpressed ARs are very very strong you people smoking crack. Heavy AR is shit, infantry rifle is CRAZY strong since the hitscan change.

I think the flint is pretty nuts too.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Whoever plays Save the World; after the update this morning, is the Love Storm Event still going on? I've been sitting on doing it for a while and figured I'd give it a go and I'm absolutely in love (hehehe) with the story. I appreciated the lore for the Cloaked Star too. I managed to finish up all of the Pirate stuff already minus one chest, but I just finished getting Fallen Love Ranger Jonesy and was about to go grab Sarah next.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
ARs and Surpressed ARs are very very strong you people smoking crack. Heavy AR is shit, infantry rifle is CRAZY strong since the hitscan change.

I think the flint is pretty nuts too.
heavy ar is garbage and infantry was an even more garbage version of that before the change. Rest of the ARs are fine (except for scoped)

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
That's what I get for grabbing the Heavy ARs all the time. So I should stick to regular or suppressed ARs only?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever plays Save the World; after the update this morning, is the Love Storm Event still going on? I've been sitting on doing it for a while and figured I'd give it a go and I'm absolutely in love (hehehe) with the story. I appreciated the lore for the Cloaked Star too. I managed to finish up all of the Pirate stuff already minus one chest, but I just finished getting Fallen Love Ranger Jonesy and was about to go grab Sarah next.
There was an update this morning? Mine didn't download anything today. The Love missions are still there, at the moment.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I spit on the grave of stretched res and I drink the tears of people complaining about native

Absolutely - demand that Epic improve performance on native if it's bad, or continue to push for in game FOV sliders, but don't act like stretched isn't some backdoor shady bootleg trash.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
These Resupply beta storm missions are totally broken. Either the 10 minute timer doesn't start/appear or there are zero mushrooms to collect. Or well, there are maybe a couple of mushrooms but only the yellow plumpy ones and the purple ones seem to count and there are almost never any of those anywhere, so even if you find some you'll still end up with zero mushrooms. GG making functioning missions and knowing your biology, Epic.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Okay, this is either a game changer or the biggest psychosomatic effect I've ever experienced...

Following some advice I found on Reddit, I turned on "Low Power Mode" in the Switch version of Fortnite -- supposedly it dials down the graphics a smidge and results in a better frame rate. I didn't notice any significant differences at first in Solo, but then I went into Team Rumble and ended up with 15 eliminations... whereas my previous best was 6. Either I got a lot better without noticing it or that settings change upped my game significantly....

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes you've just got to wonder what people are doing. I was having a good game. 8 kills fairly early on in Team Rumble. I check what the overall situation is. Our team: 18 kills. Enemy team: 30. How in hell did I have almost half of our kills and how were we losing that badly even though I had such a high number of kills? Lost the game with our team only with 48 kills. -_- I was probably having one of my best games of Team Rumble.

Last edited:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Hopped on yesterday to try out the new Bow and absolutely love it! So satisfying to hit a shot with it and even managed to win my first game because of it.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
The bow must have slight lock-on on console. Went in rumble with it and was insta-killing people left and right. Think I had 10 kills with it.
It does 100 explosion damage so you don't even need to get a direct hit. They're easy kills because most people in rumble are running around at 100 health since no one carries healing due to the stupid glider redeploy change.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, this is either a game changer or the biggest psychosomatic effect I've ever experienced...

Following some advice I found on Reddit, I turned on "Low Power Mode" in the Switch version of Fortnite -- supposedly it dials down the graphics a smidge and results in a better frame rate. I didn't notice any significant differences at first in Solo, but then I went into Team Rumble and ended up with 15 eliminations... whereas my previous best was 6. Either I got a lot better without noticing it or that settings change upped my game significantly....

I think you're not insane. I changed my settings to low-power today and then proceeded to get my first victory royale of the season in solos.

I went ahead and did a second game and got to 3rd pretty easily. I even took down 3 people in the meantime, two of which were fighting together.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes you've just got to wonder what people are doing. I was having a good game. 8 kills fairly early on in Team Rumble. I check what the overall situation is. Our team: 18 kills. Enemy team: 30. How in hell did I have almost half of our kills and how were we losing that badly even though I had such a high number of kills? Lost the game with our team only with 48 kills. -_- I was probably having one of my best games of Team Rumble.

I've noticed that if you have more kills than usual, your team is probrably doing badly. You are getting a lot of the kills your teammates would have taken. I once had a 23 kills game where our team ended at 46. I had half of my team's kills ffs.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
It took me over a week to get 2 damn treasure chests for the challenge. Every time I would manage to get the fucking map it would point out into the storm and I would die before I could dig it up. That was the worst challenge I have ever done in this game.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
It took me over a week to get 2 damn treasure chests for the challenge. Every time I would manage to get the fucking map it would point out into the storm and I would die before I could dig it up. That was the worst challenge I have ever done in this game.
For me, currently the worst challenge of season 8 is either this one or the "inflict damage with a cannon".

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Took me a couple days. Best way to do it is equip the map and get into a hamster ball. It still points while you're in there.

lacinius

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
So I actually saw someone in STW that had the Builder Challenge banner... that was unexpected given the steep requirements, but I'm glad there are at least a few that have managed to complete it!!

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I find myself only wanting to play focused ninja missions in StW now just so I can toss out 100+ shuriken out at once and watch them all come flying back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.