Saiferu

Jun 1, 2021
Omnipotent can you give us a rough percentage out of the total bosses/areas/weapons/enemies/general content that we've seen thus far from the 2 trailers?
Honestly, I'm really curious too. I wish they didn't have the habit of spoiling most bosses in their games...

Ignore them, just be happy that it wont be long before you have the definitive Fromsoft experience in your hands. As hype as the trailer was, I think once people start hearing more detailed stuff about the systems, design and direction of the game then hype will start to reach fever pitch. It's so much more than just Dark Souls 4, or just another Souls or Fromsoft game. It's THE Souls or Fromsoft game. Lots of people missing the forest for the trees.

This... this hyped me up so bad.

Thorway97

May 15, 2018
I have seen several people speculate that most of what we have been shown is only ONE kingdom, but I don't think it's possible, ok the biggest fromsoft game, but not that much

Signum

Jun 11, 2020
Big brain speculation ahead:

mZfRcde.png

Look at this dude, look at how big it is, now look at the top, it has a building on it, presumable one we might want to climb into. What if, bear with me, this is actually the hub of the game. What if, to make up for it being an open world, the hub friggin moves around the world. Warping isn't warping, it's just hitching a ride on the big bell turtle and I don't know, taking a nap while it moves to the destination ( do the dead nap in Elden Ring? ).

I'm excited.

Oh, that would be awesome! I can totally see them doing something like that. I feel like the Erdtree could also be the game hub, but it's hard to know. Either way I'm sure there will be some very interesting mechanics in this game and I'm sure that thing and its bell will play an important role.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
noticed that in the 2019 reveal, with the burning sky and all that, the valkyrie lady's skin looks like it's falling apart/cursed of some sort (her hands specifically).

I wonder if maybe there's a mechanic similar to the moon-phases in Bloodborne where the state of the world gets progressively more fucked up as you progress through the game? It seems like while Dark Souls was generally took place in settings that had been decaying for hundreds of thousands of years, the "end of the world" so to speak in Elden Ring seems fresh, like we're witnessing it happen in the moment. Makes me really curious about the passage of time in the game. The red sky in the first trailer seems like it occurs way after the elden ring has shattered?

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
I have seen several people speculate that most of what we have been shown is only ONE kingdom, but I don't think it's possible, ok the biggest fromsoft game, but not that much

Well the leaked trailer had a couple new distinct areas that weren't shown yet, so I wouldn't rule it out that we've only seen a small portion.

Oct 4, 2020
Scotland
It's hard to tell because we don't know how many kingdoms there are, but I think there was enough variety in the trailer to say that we probably saw more than one. There's definitely at least one missing considering we didn't see anything of the snowy landscape that was in the leaked trailer.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
We've only really seen stuff from like one of the different kingdoms, and then at the end a few sparse shots of the other ones. We probably have only seen the tip of the iceberg. I do recommend abstaining from further trailers and info though. It's only going to get more spoilery from here.

I really hope this is the case, I love the usual gothic/medieval style and even more so with this slightly brighter tinge on the world but I'm hoping to see some different biomes other than this green cliff-lands with gothic castles that we saw. I'd love me some desert areas, some snow/ice lands, some mountains, barren plains, ocean shore and stuff like that.

But I'm certainly not watching anything else, this trailer is easily meaty enough on its own.

The red sky in the first trailer seems like it occurs way after the elden ring has shattered?
My guess is that the red sky is kind of a symptom of the Shattering (like the sky goes red every now and then), the phrasing in the first trailer really gives this impression.

From the trailer's perspective it would make sense to mostly show stuff from the beginning of the game, but yeah it's hard to believe considering how packed the trailer was.

Thorway97

May 15, 2018
I really hope this is the case, I love the usual gothic/medieval style and even more so with this slightly brighter tinge on the world but I'm hoping to see some different biomes other than this green cliff-lands with gothic castles that we saw. I'd love me some desert areas, some snow/ice lands, some mountains, barren plains, ocean shore and stuff like that.

But I'm certainly not watching anything else, this trailer is easily meaty enough on its own.

My guess is that the red sky is kind of a symptom of the Shattering (like the sky goes red every now and then), the phrasing in the first trailer really gives this impression.

From the trailer's perspective it would make sense to mostly show stuff from the beginning of the game, but yeah it's hard to believe considering how packed the trailer was.
I remember that in one of Omini's hype posts he mentioned multiple regions with distinct styles, so this gives me hope, since in the trailer a good 80% of the locations are around the golden tree, and it seemed to me a single region, rocky, almost Scottish inspired, but who really knows, I can't imagine a game of this magnitude with MANY regions of the scale seen in the trailer

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
I remember that in one of Omini's hype posts he mentioned multiple regions with distinct styles, so this gives me hope, since in the trailer a good 80% of the locations are around the golden tree, and it seemed to me a single region, rocky, almost Scottish inspired, but who really knows, I can't imagine a game of this magnitude with MANY regions of the scale seen in the trailer
I'd take smaller ones too, just for the sake of diversity.

Udreif

May 29, 2020
There's probably not that many regions, maybe three or four. But even then, if most of what we've seen is from one ( and we obviously haven't seen everything about it ) there's still a good 90-95% of the game unspoiled.

This might be a little optimistic

Thorway97

May 15, 2018
There's probably not that many regions, maybe three or four. But even then, if most of what we've seen is from one ( and we obviously haven't seen everything about it ) there's still a good 90-95% of the game unspoiled.

This might be a little optimistic
Omni can you give us a clue if we are on the right track, I would like to understand how much stuff they have shown with this trailer to understand if I should avoid the next trailers

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
One thing that I imagined quite differently in my head is the open-world nature. When I read open-world or open-field in particular and reading Omni's posts with the SotC comparisons, I was imagining something more SotC-like, with huge barren fields and towering cliffs and mountains as opposed to what we saw which seems much more condensed and densely packed (compared to many open-world games anyway). From a gameplay and design perspective this definitely makes sense so they can avoid a large empty, needlessly inflated world which so many of the fans were worried about, but from an aesthetic perspective I hope the game has some more open, larger areas where I can just ride around with my mount to chill and absorb the scenery like in SotC.

Or maybe it's just the trailer that has been cut deliberately to focus on the action and not on the open-world roaming, but this chill exploration aspect has largely been missing from the trailer (and by extension maybe from the game too)

Last edited:

eldenjon

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2018
Being that it's a larger game, I hope it has more secrets than any of the previous games. Illusory walls, elevator doors, make contacts, ash lakes, keep em coming. Also, I would love to see the boss tail weapons make a comeback or some other mechanic that rewards going hard on bosses or similar kinds of risk-taking. That was so cool.

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
unknown.png

The magic weapons attacks makes me wonder if they're attacks specific to certain weapons or magic skill that unlocked new magic combos for weapons?

Thorway97

May 15, 2018
unknown.png

The magic weapons attacks makes me wonder if they're attacks specific to certain weapons or magic skill that unlocked new magic combos for weapons?
I also wondered and I came to the conclusion that it is not a weapon art of the weapon in this scene, the player's sword is too basic, I do not think that such a classic weapon has such a particular skill

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
I've seen some comments about people not seeing the GRRM influence and I find it kind of funny because its like... everywhere.

Omnipotent

User requested ban
Banned
Feb 28, 2021
Thank you for everything, Omni. Really appreciate your posts
Im glad that I could help and provide something to the community over these past few years and I hope that my long winded ramblings start to make sense now that the game has been revealed.

What made it obvious for me was the synopsis on the webpage for Elden Ring, as it is very clearly GRRM influenced.
Oh for sure, you've also got sigils and banners everywhere, even on enemy tabards. Once people start digging into the story and lore and really analyzing and putting things together I think GRRMs influence will be abundantly clear. There's a LOT there.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Hope I'll be able to analyze the trailer correctly this week end, so much things happened.

Im glad that I could help and provide something to the community over these past few years and I hope that my long winded ramblings start to make sense now that the game has been revealed.

Oh for sure, you've also got sigils and banners everywhere, even on enemy tabards. Once people start digging into the story and lore and really analyzing and putting things together I think GRRMs influence will be abundantly clear. There's a LOT there.
You can be sure that everything makes sense now.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
TGS is an obvious place to show another trailer, but I'm wondering if we'll get some gameplay before then, if not at Bandai Namco's conference, maybe Gamescom?

Dec 1, 2017
I posted this in the difficulty thread because I felt like it needed to be said, but I wonder what you all think:

I feel like the trailer is speaking to this topic directly. The maiden says, "They will fight….and they will die….in an unending curse….For how else is a champion, or a lord, to be born?" Struggling against and overcoming challenges is the point.

Duty

Oct 25, 2017
From spoiled a lot of things in the trailer or Elden Ring will be MASSIVE? Because holy shit, I looked older trailers, and they show just little compared with the final game, only on this there is like 10+ boss material

Oct 21, 2020
My biggest hope for the game is that from's vision of what a souls game should be is fully realised. For dark souls and demon's souls, their vision for the games weren't fully realised with a lot of cool concepts and ideas cut due to constraints. I hope that the longer development time this time round will pay off and we'll get a game with all of miyazaki's ambitions.

Gabri

Jun 30, 2020

Thank you so much for making these past 2 years easier. One thing that has been troubling me and many people who love PvP and invasions is that many articles and the description on the official website elude that the game's multiplayer is Coop only. So no PvP and invasions? It states that it is 1-4 players in the japanese website unlike Dark Souls 3 with 1-6. I don't care much about going back to the number of phantoms of older souls game, I care mainly about if PvP will be in Elden Ring.

Thank you so much in advance. I really cant sleep thinking of the possibility that it might not have PvP as it's one of my favorite feature in souls games.

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
Does anybody have any idea what that floating, spectral banner tower thing is on right side of the screen at 0:39-0:40 is?

It doesn't seem to touch the ground (it just fades away), so I can't even figure out how big it is or where it is in relation to the background/foreground, let alone figuring what it is supposed to be or its purpose in game.

Some sort of multiplier thing? An Ubisoft-esque waypoint (shudders)? Genuinely no clue... Thoughts?

Oct 26, 2017
I also wondered and I came to the conclusion that it is not a weapon art of the weapon in this scene, the player's sword is too basic, I do not think that such a classic weapon has such a particular skill

Hope you're right but the sword has some blue details on it near the hilt, so probably not a regular ass straight sword. Maybe it's a sword that doubles as a catalyst, maybe it's a weapon art, maybe it's neither!

4nF4CCi.png

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the difficulty thread because I felt like it needed to be said, but I wonder what you all think:

I feel like the trailer is speaking to this topic directly. The maiden says, "They will fight….and they will die….in an unending curse….For how else is a champion, or a lord, to be born?" Struggling against and overcoming challenges is the point.
Yes. There is meta commentary like this in every From game. One of my favorites from DS3:

"I've seen your kind, time and time again.
Every fleeing man must be caught. Every secret must be unearthed.
Such is the conceit of the self-proclaimed seeker of truth.
But in the end, you lack the stomach.
For the agony you'll bring upon yourself..."

nguyensyquan

Feb 14, 2020
PC most likely.

I doubt there will be a drastic difference between old and current-gen, besides resolution and framerate.
I don't know since Sekiro looks so much better on PC than the PS4 version, not only the framerate but everything just looks better. I hope that's the case with Elden Ring.
One thing to point out is that I'm usually more hype with animation rather than graphic, but the animation in the trailer is not very impressive or authentic especially in comparison with Sekiro's animation. I'm in hope for some sick-ass move from the boss, and I hope bosses in Elden Ring will be as interactive as Sekiro's one, I mean, bosses in DS3 and Demon's Souls Remake are kinda stupid with very few movements.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
We know that every Lord has a kingdom, crest and themed minions, but there may be a fallen Lord without a kingdom ... That would be very Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin.

fantalas

Nov 15, 2020
Hungary
From spoiled a lot of things in the trailer or Elden Ring will be MASSIVE? Because holy shit, I looked older trailers, and they show just little compared with the final game, only on this there is like 10+ boss material

I counted 5 maybe?

Light-hammer ghru guy
Arms guy
Beast guy
Lighting dragon

And maybe the red-haired lady but I'm not a 100% sure about her.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rest you think are bosses would be in fact mini-bosses (like the roaming giant colossus). But I agree with the sentiment, I'm still confused that they showed so much.

I don't know since Sekiro looks so much better on PC than the PS4 version, not only the framerate but everything just looks better. I hope that's the case with Elden Ring.
One thing to point out is that I'm usually more hype with animation rather than graphic, but the animation in the trailer is not very impressive or authentic especially in comparison with Sekiro's animation. I'm in hope for some sick-ass move from the boss, and I hope bosses in Elden Ring will be as interactive as Sekiro's one, I mean, bosses in DS3 and Demon's Souls Remake are kinda stupid with very few movements.

Well it's probably not going to be better than what we saw in the trailer and the extra screenshots, so I don't see why you wish ill for the PS4 players.

And I can't relate to that at all, the bosses kind of reminded me of Sekiro's bosses, both the models look better and the animations more fluid (look at that beast boss with red magic attacks)