What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Random aside from them talking about SNL. I think Jeff talking about people not liking Jost is missunderstood. Not liking Jost is mostly a meme as far as I know.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't heard his comments, but considering that Dan loves the Metal Gear series while always playing it "wrong" and barely understanding its actual themes, it doesn't surprise me in the least if he hates the game where he can't do "cool guy stuff and blow shit up".

I'm not very excited about Death Stranding, personally. I think i'll get it, but i'm not expecting much out of it.

Oct 25, 2017
To contrast it seems like Bakalar is liking it? At least it seemed like that's what was being alluded to about beef between Dan and Jeff.
Sounded like Dan was complaining to Jeff and Abby jumped in and took it even further and possibly spoiled something or whatever.

After hearing Abby talk about it I have zero hopes for this disco Elysium QL
She didn't really sell it well. Maybe the great reviews will make others take a look.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018
Looks like Mike's GOTY debate has changed. I think I remember on one of the Bloodstainias he said GOTY was between Control and FE 3 Houses (I have one little thing to add to this game later), but now he says its between Void Bastards or Outer Wilds. Either choice is a good one.

And as for Fire Emblem, I just beat the mission where this music comes in...

I really like the FE3H sountrack, but I don't think it'll be in my personal top 3 soundtracks of the year. That said I hope someone brings up FE for best music at the GOTY podcasts just for either Dan or Ben drop this song on the crew to throw them off. Though while this song seems strange when purely listening to it, it does fit the atheistic of this chapter's level quite well. Looks more like a cybernetic Tron level with sort of an XCOM alien base format even if its suppose to be an ancient city occupied by an evil underground cult.
d683fb88319707255f7ff211c97badfc.jpg

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So what did Dan do to Jeff? It could be Death Stranding related (with the online stuff), but it being brought up twice is a bit weird.
It's probably death stranding related
Edit: Dan is going back on RDR as a coping mechanism for Death Stranding

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I need Panning the Stream to go back to some anime. I know they're going back to MHA soon, but they need to take in some new experiences.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
So what did Dan do to Jeff? It could be Death Stranding related (with the online stuff), but it being brought up twice is a bit weird.
It's probably death stranding related
Edit: Dan is going back on RDR as a coping mechanism for Death Stranding
It definitely is. There's a part where Abby sarcastically explains the situation when they're feining surprise that someone hadn't finished a long game. From Dan's comments about Red Dead 2 not being as bad as he thought and Jeff suggesting maybe he means in comparison to other games, I think it's pretty clear Dan didn't like the game. Then from what Abby says later on, it seems like Dan was complaining about something, spoiled a part to Jeff, and then Abby piled on and Jeff got mad at both of them.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff is wrong most of the time with game opinions, but when he's right, he's right.

People do care a lot about Half-Life 2 but they really shouldn't.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It definitely is. There's a part where Abby sarcastically explains the situation when they're feining surprise that someone hadn't finished a long game. From Dan's comments about Red Dead 2 not being as bad as he thought and Jeff suggesting maybe he means in comparison to other games, I think it's pretty clear Dan didn't like the game. Then from what Abby says later on, it seems like Dan was complaining about something, spoiled a part to Jeff, and then Abby piled on and Jeff got mad at both of them.
Oh, I haven't heard that part yet. Just started the Beastcast.

Bummer to hear that Dan (most likely) doesn't like Death Stranding, but it's a vastly different game than anything Kojima has put out in the past.

I'm actually considering dropping the 'baby' edition of the game, more from a cost persective than anything else.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
We are getting dangerously close to Jeff's yearly Call of Duty Bombcast hour, where we listen to him kinda gush about the same old annualized bullshit that does nothing special at all, leading into the 10 years and running "Is THIS the year Call of Duty finally loses some steam?" discussion, only for it to be the best selling game of the year again.

HYPE

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty easy call after the last couple of gameplay sessions for DS that dan would most likely hate it. I'll be curious to see what abby has to say cause it sounded like she agreed with him, probably not into the story that much.

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff is wrong most of the time with game opinions, but when he's right, he's right.

People do care a lot about Half-Life 2 but they really shouldn't.
I'm using your post to reiterate something I said a little while back... jokingly, but also deadly serious.

If any of you guys post a Death Stranding spoiler similar to how this joke spoiler is set up (no warning at all) it'll fuck me up, for real. This place is my safe haven.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
We are getting dangerously close to Jeff's yearly Call of Duty Bombcast hour, where we listen to him kinda gush about the same old annualized bullshit that does nothing special at all, leading into the 10 years and running "Is THIS the year Call of Duty finally loses some steam?" discussion, only for it to be the best selling game of the year again.

HYPE

Then it finishes in his top 3 then he bitches about all Sony games being the same. Blessed insights.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I haven't heard that part yet. Just started the Beastcast.

Bummer to hear that Dan (most likely) doesn't like Death Stranding, but it's a vastly different game than anything Kojima has put out in the past.

I'm actually considering dropping the 'baby' edition of the game, more from a cost persective than anything else.
I'm really excited to hear his opinions on it. I think he'll have a lot to say. I just hope there's somebody on the opposite side of the fence to talk with him about it.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using your post to reiterate something I said a little while back... jokingly, but also deadly serious.

If any of you guys post a Death Stranding spoiler similar to how this joke spoiler is set up (no warning at all) it'll fuck me up, for real. This place is my safe haven.
What kind of actual lunatic would someone have to be to post spoilers unmarked like that.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Then it finishes in his top 3 then he bitches about all Sony games being the same. Blessed insights.

I legit laugh every time because I'm just thinking of all his insane nitpicks as he talks about a new CALL OF FUCKIN DUTY completely straight faced for an hour. Every single year, on command. Like NO other game he plays/covers for the year gets the same amount of discussion out of him. And this has been going for YEARS now. It's great!

I also look forward to Dan shitting on Death Stranding during GOTY for reasons, blissfully unaware that all of his critiques could apply to his beloved MGS games.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So this song is played constantly on swedish radio.

I wanted to know what you guys think of it.

There's a lot of covers of famous songs being played righ now on radio in general.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Also and I feel I'm not alone when I say this, most people played the MGS games for the story. As far as DS goes, the story could end up being complete nonsense.

MGS1-4 yes. The gameplay only barely reached being serviceable in MGS4. It was a shame that MGS5 seemingly died on the vine since it played excellently. If you could have had 2,3's story with 5's gameplay that would have been something.

May 5, 2018
What kind of actual lunatic would someone have to be to post spoilers unmarked like that.
Welp, that was one poster in the GB GOTY forum last year. I visited Resetera's overall game of the year count forum where it indicates which games won GOTY by certain outlets. Someone marked a spoiler for GB's GOTY when that leaked, but one poster congratulated Tetris Effect for winning without marking a spoiler. I was bummed that I was spoiled of GB's winner so I went into the GB GOTY forum and warned the community to avoid the overall GOTY forum to not see GB's winner early. Then 2 minutes later the same person who congratulated Tetris Effect came into the GB forum and asked us if GB's top 3 games (Tetris Effect, Dead Cells and God of War) was accurate and it was yet another unmarked post. It turned out that those top 3 were in fact GB's top 3 in that order.

That poster did feel sorry and learned he should have just either not typed anything or put a spoiler tag in there. But also seriously dude, how do you not use the spoiler tags to not ruin anyone else's anticipation of the podcast?

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, ha e to wear a splint around my wrist for the next couple of months. Guess no shooters for me in the foreseeable future.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't feel like GOTY will be that much of a bloodbath unless support for Outer Wilds really picks up. Right now it feels like only Control or RE2 (maybe Apex?) could take that top spot.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
It's cool that someone from GB is playing Disco Elysium. Also it's funny that if I didn't know anything about it previously I would have thought that it was a detective point and click adventure game from Abby's description.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Dan disliking DS makes me 10x more excited for it and no one should be surprised that Abby dislikes it.

I just dread the inevitable constant whiney comments anyone on staff will do again this year like RDR2 last year anytime the game's brought up.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's cool that someone from GB is playing Disco Elysium. Also it's funny that if I didn't know anything about it previously I would have thought that it was a detective point and click adventure game from Abby's description.
If I didn't hear them mention the title, I would have thought the game Abby described and the one Austin described on Waypoint Radio were two completely different games.

Status
Not open for further replies.