• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
my company is so fucked up they have resorted to having all of their engineer handling helpdesk duty. luckily i'm at the point where i can do all of this shit from home so i'm just sitting here watching youtube and leisurely working on tickets.

Oct 25, 2017
Dan not liking Death Stranding is both a tragedy and was inevitable.
He should have realized that it was never Kojima who was interested in making a good *playing* game.
Kojima just wants to make something weird.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Those comments, damn

Really didn't think they were that bad. The one he did giving his first impressions though... man, re-reminded me how the internet is full of people who do not understand (in a more formal sense) what is and isn't a review. Also, the tribalism is VERY strong in phones apparently.

Incandenza

Oct 25, 2017
Watching everyone in the Death Stranding threads lose their minds trying to parse Dan's obvious hints is quite something.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
He should have realized that it was never Kojima who was interested in making a good *playing* game.

MGS games play from fine to amazing. This game clearly doesn't allow you to play cool dude shoot em up though and I think Dan needs that.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Really didn't think they were that bad. The one he did giving his first impressions though... man, re-reminded me how the internet is full of people who do not understand (in a more formal sense) what is and isn't a review. Also, the tribalism is VERY strong in phones apparently.
should have had dan on to ask why they are talking about old man phones and what the relationship between google, pixel and chrome and samsung is

and have vinny on to talk about rotary dialing and NSA surveillance

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
He should also probably have realized that he mostly liked MGS because they're Anime versions of American action movies.

Has he ever gushed over anything Kojima's done other than MGS?

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I see the usual Giant Bomb discourse is already starting in the DS pre-review thread.

Delicious

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Over under on how many times during GotY they have to stop and clarify whether they're talking about Outer Wilds or Outer Worlds

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Think I'd be fine with the action/fight sequences being more in the background in favor of the whatever courier life, cause honestly the best thing about MGSV were the controls and the satisfying weight and animation of just running and moving. If the team have replicated or even improved that, I'm still real curious of the game.

What a strange project in video games.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017

I used to work for them taking private loan calls and it was the most emotionally draining job I've ever done. That 120K she took out would have been at at least an 8% interest rate if she and her parents had immaculate credit, and as much as 21% if she didn't. I saw people with 200K+ in debt for schools that aren't even open any more, and they had no option but to repay. I was working there at the time she took those loans out actually, there's a chance I took her application.

10:30 is probably too early to start drinking, isn't it?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that Death Stranding is doing different. Last thing the market needs is another AAA third-person action-adventure with a massive open world, serviceable ranged and melee combat, light stealth and RPG elements, and a budget larger than the GDP of most small countries.

Death Stranding definitely still has some of that (especially the budget) but at least it's standing out from the pack in ways other than aesthetic choices.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm glad that Death Stranding is doing different. Last thing the market needs is another AAA third-person action-adventure with a massive open world, serviceable ranged and melee combat, light stealth and RPG elements, and a budget larger than the GDP of most small countries.

Death Stranding definitely still has some of that (especially the budget) but at least it's standing out from the pack in ways other than aesthetic choices.
I think it has most of that, except it seems they've downplayed the combat and instead focused on exploration and connectivity, which are the biggest differences between other AAA games. Yeah, you get some exploration in other massive open world games, but there's usually more to do at each location outside of dropping off supplies, cleaning up, or hanging out in a room collecting body fluids.

I still think it's going to be an interesting game, but not the game alot of people were expecting, especially considering how crazy most of the trailers and "plot" seemed to be in all the previews and trailers. All that crazy stuff is probably like 5% of the entire game.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
yeah, count me in the camp of actually being more excited about death stranding knowing that dan probably doesn't like it!

just recently finished my replay of the last of us after years of having not touched it, and because i played it on the hardest difficulty (the one they put out as a free dlc that basically reduced all crafting and upgrade materials and ammo pickups to almost zero, removed some checkpoints, unleashed the enemy ai, and made almost every single attack on you a one-hit kill), i think i appreciate all the quiet moments even more than i did all those years ago. so yeah, i'm 100% ready for another gorgeous AAA game that is mostly "downtime".

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am more excited for the discourse around Death Stranding than I am about the game itself

my brain is awful and I am a broken person

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
So what did they say about Disco Elysium in the Beastcast?

He doesn't like it because it's a walking simulator with a Norman Reedus Tamogachi game crammed in.

Doesn't sound as anime as hyptnotizing yourself to pretend you are possessed by a forearm to help the brother of the former owner of said forearm.

Oct 25, 2017
The Death Stranding review thread will kill Era.
There will be nobody left standing.
Even people who don't even read it will get what's coming to them.
A great reckoning is upon us.
I am an Apocalypse Cop

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Not looking forward to hours of GOTY podcasts being hijacked by pompous Dan filibusters once again this year.

Oct 27, 2017
Disco Elysium will be snubbed by GB and it will be a tragedy.

That game is incredible and is arguably the most well-written game ever made.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Ah shit it looks like
my boy 9S
is going to be the antagonist of the Nier raids. Yoko Taro you magnificent bastard!

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Same could be said for Fallout 76 :)

I think the discussion will lean more on the state of Bioware as a whole
Didn't they already do that with Andromeda?

I'm a staunch supporter of the idea that Most Disappointing Game =/= Worst Game, so the award going to a game where no one expected anything great out of it rubs me the wrong way.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i wish i could devour all the troglodytes that show up in my youtube suggestions under the guise of disappointed fans of video games, tim heidecker, etc. who are really just bottom feeding shit stirrers mining views from nazi muppet babies

i want to crush their atoms and fuse them into something more useful

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boy, do I wish Dan was reviewing Death Stranding for the site. The meltdowns would be epic. Someone in that review thread has already said GB is 'filled with, old bitter reviewers'.

Status
Not open for further replies.