What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• I Farted Into Heaven

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Old Man Pecker

Votes: 116 43.1%
  • Dinosaurs Aren't Real

Votes: 113 42.0%
  • I AM A STRONG MAN

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • Justin is Having a Sick Wet Dream

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think Dan grew up for a while but now is back to being purposefully obtuse about the simplest things

What's equally frustrating is that no one else on the pod is able to explain things to him in ways that make sense to his noodle brain

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Welp, ha e to wear a splint around my wrist for the next couple of months. Guess no shooters for me in the foreseeable future.
Hopefully it's not too bad. I broke my right thumb a number of years ago and got around the cast restriction by using my index finger for camera control, middle finger for face buttons, ring finger for R1/RB, and pinky for RT/R2.

Honestly worked WAY better than it had any right to on both PS3 and X360 controllers.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what we know about Jeff's tastes in video games, I can't see a situation in which he doesn't hate Death Stranding with every fiber of his being.

May 5, 2018
I'm really disliking the "crap on someone else's opinion on entertainment or hope the game/movie/tv series reviews terribly for my own sake of vindication" culture that seems to be evolving in Era (and perhaps really the internet in itself). People are going after Dan apparently in that Death Stranding thread (not surprising) and I saw one post in the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Gone Gold thread where someone had their fingers crossed the game would be an "underwhelming wet fart". People these are just pieces of entertainment. They're not going to appeal to everyone and games like Death Stranding might be able to find an audience and those who like it have just as much of a right to talk about why they like it just as much as why someone might dislike it. Going after someone however by calling them jaded or saying they are factual wrong about the quality of the game when you're enjoyment of a game is more valid is really lame. Its okay to disagree about what you think about that game or movie or whatever if you found something more entertaining than someone else. You shouldn't try to put down someone because you disagree thinking you're point of view is proven correct to get vindication. That person has the same freedom to express their opinion on a piece of media as you do and there's no need to put anyone down for disagreeing. The only caveat I can have about this is if someone is enjoying a product that has questionable content in it and/or was made by someone who has mean spirited views and even puts their beliefs into the game. Say Agony for instance with its very sexist portrayals of women and one person likes Agony BECAUSE of the sexist content. Then someone would have to talk to that person and explain why its problematic to like that game.

Going back to that Star Wars thread, why would someone actively root for a product of someone's work to fail so hard? Because EA sucks and deserve any failure that comes to them? Sure EA has a proven, terrible rep as a publisher to work for and have been known for shutting down talented developers for making a series of underwhelming financial releases (while usually following EA's orders too). But don't you think rooting for Respawn to fail will only add more fuel to EA's fire of shutting down legacy development studios and force more people out of a job? Of course Respawn is doing very well nowadays and even if Fallen Order got bad scores, it wouldn't immediately be the end of Respawn. But rooting for Fallen Order to fail because you don't like what the Publisher does to developers seems ridiculous when that possible failure will only make EA take another step towards the thing that people hate EA for doing anyways.

Sorry for the long rant here. Seeing the Death Stranding thread and the Star Wars Gone Gold thread and posts within those forums made me want to get this off my chest about people who act that way online.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I feel like they've spent the first 20 minutes of this Film and 40's completely talking over the dialogue, it's kinda infuriating. They did the same thing a lot last week too, or at least Abby did.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really disliking the "crap on someone else's opinion on entertainment or hope the game/movie/tv series reviews terribly for my own sake of vindication" culture that seems to be evolving in Era (and perhaps really the internet in itself). People are going after Dan apparently in that Death Stranding thread (not surprising) and I saw one post in the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Gone Gold thread where someone had their fingers crossed the game would be an "underwhelming wet fart". People these are just pieces of entertainment. They're not going to appeal to everyone and games like Death Stranding might be able to find an audience and those who like it have just as much of a right to talk about why they like it just as much as why someone might dislike it. Going after someone however by calling them jaded or saying they are factual wrong about the quality of the game when you're enjoyment of a game is more valid is really lame. Its okay to disagree about what you think about that game or movie or whatever if you found something more entertaining than someone else. You shouldn't try to put down someone because you disagree thinking you're point of view is proven correct to get vindication. That person has the same freedom to express their opinion on a piece of media as you do and there's no need to put anyone down for disagreeing. The only caveat I can have about this is if someone is enjoying a product that has questionable content in it and/or was made by someone who has mean spirited views and even puts their beliefs into the game. Say Agony for instance with its very sexist portrayals of women and one person likes Agony BECAUSE of the sexist content. Then someone would have to talk to that person and explain why its problematic to like that game.

Going back to that Star Wars thread, why would someone actively root for a product of someone's work to fail so hard? Because EA sucks and deserve any failure that comes to them? Sure EA has a proven, terrible rep as a publisher to work for and have been known for shutting down talented developers for making a series of underwhelming financial releases (while usually following EA's orders too). But don't you think rooting for Respawn to fail will only add more fuel to EA's fire of shutting down legacy development studios and force more people out of a job? Of course Respawn is doing very well nowadays and even if Fallen Order got bad scores, it wouldn't immediately be the end of Respawn. But rooting for Fallen Order to fail because you don't like what the Publisher does to developers seems ridiculous when that possible failure will only make EA take another step towards the thing that people hate EA for doing anyways.

Sorry for the long rant here. Seeing the Death Stranding thread and the Star Wars Gone Gold thread and posts within those forums made me want to get this off my chest about people who act that way online.

We have people actively rooting and hoping for shitshows in review threads because that would be great entertainment, it's no surprise videogames in general are a fucking cesspool of a community.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Abby described what it is and said it's not really for her. Didn't really do it justice

I never got the impression that Abby is a RPG player so eh. Still hope that Vinny plays it. Or heck, there are lines in there that would really vibe well with Alex though I don't know think he is a big player of RPGs either.

Hopefully it's not too bad. I broke my right thumb a number of years ago and got around the cast restriction by using my index finger for camera control, middle finger for face buttons, ring finger for R1/RB, and pinky for RT/R2.

Honestly worked WAY better than it had any right to on both PS3 and X360 controllers.

Not too bad yet. Depends on how it looks in a few months. I could play shooters with a controller but I don't want to.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Not gonna lie discussing video game censorship on this forum sucks ass when half of them are pedantic over the word "censorship" and the other half calls you a pedophile

Oct 25, 2017

2922480-switchjeff3.gif

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
Disco Elysium will be snubbed by GB and it will be a tragedy.

That game is incredible and is arguably the most well-written game ever made.
Pray that Vinny and Alex play it
Boy, do I wish Dan was reviewing Death Stranding for the site. The meltdowns would be epic. Someone in that review thread has already said GB is 'filled with, old bitter reviewers'.
Wait, giant bomb has reviewers?

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
They should cancel BMB after Dan said it wasn't cancelled. I think the only aspect of that feature I enjoy is that Mike has (and will) essentially win all of the prizes by the end of it.

Oct 25, 2017
The Beastcast crew laughing at Dan again when he asked Jeff if he's not afraid of getting electrocuted when working on his pinball machine, even though he's right and some electronics keep a charge and can kill you even after they've been unplugged. They like to do that lately...

Oct 27, 2017
personally i hope every game i dont want to play reviews poorly so i can feel justified in not wanting to play it
If I was looking forward to Death Stranding, and everything it might be, I would be rooting for poor reviews unless you are looking for a polarizing game that everyone likes....If some reviewers aren't bouncing off this new strand type game of an excuse to put your famous friends in a walking simulator than wtf is Kojima even doing.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
How can I ...watch event horizon on my laptop or iPad, and listen to the commentary on the podcst on my airpods?

Oh I guess I'll have to download both to my Laptom and have both audio sources going at the same time. No way to do this with iPads?

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Beastcast crew laughing at Dan again when he asked Jeff if he's not afraid of getting electrocuted when working on his pinball machine, even though he's right and some electronics keep a charge and can kill you even after they've been unplugged. They like to do that lately...
Arcade machines too

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I hope there's at least one person on staff who loves Death Stranding so that we can get some fun heated discussions, but I think the odds are low
Never underestimate Brad

right, this needs someone to actually be into it to make it interesting instead of "we told you so"

and that could be Brad

I played a bit of "We were here together" and it's a shame nobody seems to know or care about this game because it's a really, really fun "escape the room" coop puzzle game.
(It would make for a cool QL *cough cough*)

Ooh, I'll look into this, hmm.

Watching everyone in the Death Stranding threads lose their minds trying to parse Dan's obvious hints is quite something.

Now that sounds like entertainment already.

but do I want to see the rest of the thread in order to enjoy it, hmm

Not gonna lie discussing video game censorship on this forum sucks ass when half of them are pedantic over the word "censorship" and the other half calls you a pedophile

I'm going to check your post history now to see if I guessed the game correctly, but will type my response first: it barely matters, the wedding dress looks kinda eh but that's about it

EDIT: correct

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Dan: Is it cold in space?
Vinny: Well... there's zero heat.
Dan: ...would you need a jacket?
That's actually a really good question tbh

Space is a vacuum, which means you suddenly jumped into space it wouldn't be "cold" straight away, you'd slowly radiate off body heat until you got cold, since there'd (probably) be nothing nearby to warm you to counteract it, unless you were near a source of heat like a star. There's plenty of places inside the inner solar system where if you were in direct sunlight you'd cook to death before you froze.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Dan's wistfulness for RDR2 in light of his "embargo" statements regarding Death Stranding have just made my day.

I'm gonna go play RDR2 again.

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
damn I really hope one GB person likes disco elysium at least, its really special and I feel like it'll get left off their year end list entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.