What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kambaybolongo

Oct 25, 2017
If this was such a weak year for games why does it seem like they still haven't played all the big games that came out? Lol

East isn't as bad as West but still
Played a few hours of Outer Worlds, I dont think this game is for me. I'm really bummed because I thought it was I wanted from a Fallout+Mass Effect sequel. I just dont care about anything going on in the game
Seems like just an ok game so far. I'm a little confused about the praise tbh

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I will say, I'm super glad I got the perk for an extra 50kg of carry capability. Even just having one of each firearm is super fucking heavy. I'm playing too much inventory management and even just at the end of the first zone money and ammo are already worthless. For a game about frontier capitalism gone too far that seems like kind of a boner.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Gerstmann Skater is so good. It's a shame we have to wait like 5 months to get them.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Nobody in the CSD3 QLEX commented on the Ryan Davis burger, and they both had it at once :(

I'm nonetheless glad it continues to live on.

Edit: I'm with Abby re: poutine. It's fine. More importantly, it's exactly what you think it is. The flavours don't intermingle; they're all their own thing at once.

Wait chubigans do you actually pronounce it "chub-i-gens"? In my head I've been saying "choo-be-gahns" this whole time.

May 5, 2018
Nobody in the CSD3 QLEX commented on the Ryan Davis burger, and they both had it at once :(

I'm nonetheless glad it continues to live on.

Edit: I'm with Abby re: poutine. It's fine. More importantly, it's exactly what you think it is. The flavours don't intermingle; they're all their own thing at once.

Wait chubigans do you actually pronounce it "chub-i-gens"? In my head I've been saying "choo-be-gahns" this whole time.
Dan did, he said "Oh look, its the Ryan Davis!" When Chugibans was preparing one.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I finally finished SWAT 4. What a great game. Probably one of the tensest games I have played that wasn't a horror game. And that last level is so fucking hard. The terrorists just had the jumpiest hair triggers.

Some developer should make a new one. My vote is for the ARMA devs.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gonna have to ask for a day off on tuesday from my job

that will go over well lol

gotta tell them im buying a car or something and not getting a tv

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Super Eyepatch Wolf putting Pulse, Midsommar and Hausu in his Halloween recommendations list. Knew I liked that guy.
SEW is a top-level content creator, always managing to inject humanity into what he does and the subjects he covers.

Though he's not that good at Mystical Ninja from what I heard.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I finally finished SWAT 4. What a great game. Probably one of the tensest games I have played that wasn't a horror film. And that last level is so fucking hard. The terrorists just had the jumpiest hair triggers.

Some developer should make a new one. My vote is for the ARMA devs.
Yeah, that game still holds up and is tense as hell.

Irrational made System Shock 2, Freedom Force, SWAT 4, and Bioshock in the span of eight years. What a ridiculous run.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super Eyepatch Wolf putting Pulse, Midsommar and Hausu in his Halloween recommendations list. Knew I liked that guy.
tenor.gif

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017

Irrational made System Shock 2, Freedom Force, SWAT 4, and Bioshock in the span of eight years. What a ridiculous run.
Crazy thing is of those, Bioshock is the second worst. I think that's a testament to their quality of production in that run.

And then they made Bioshock Infinite.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Crazy thing is of those, Bioshock is the second worst. I think that's a testament to their quality of production in that run.

And then they made Bioshock Infinite.

Hmm second worse? Which is worse than Bioshock in your eyes?

If you say Freedom Force, you better sleep with one eye open.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i am simple man

i just want to see parasite and the lighthouse without driving 3 hours

is this too much to ask?

but nooo fill the local artsy theater with it's fifth week of downton abbey

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Played a few hours of Outer Worlds, I dont think this game is for me. I'm really bummed because I thought it was I wanted from a Fallout+Mass Effect sequel. I just dont care about anything going on in the game

Did you get of the first planet yet? Felt similar on the starting world but once I got to the second world I enjoyed it much more. Maybe because there were only 2 or 3 short combat encounters so far and the music doesn't remind me of Borderlands.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
so Hard mode for Outer Worlds?

yay or nay?
Gonna say yay. Had a couple encounters I had to restart a few times but the loading times on PC are quick and it's felt meaningful. Everyone is kinda glass cannon-y so good weapon/slow-mo usage has been key. It's actually kinda fun to fight which I usually don't expect from one of these pseudo-Bethesda games.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

Freedom Force is on my list of games I wish I had played back then but I didn't touch anything even remotely turn based at the time for some dumb reason... Not sure how it holds up on modern hardware...

In other news, wow, Children of Morta looks really cool! Both visually and for the actual gameplay.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Freedom Force is on my list of games I wish I had played back then but I didn't touch anything even remotely turn based at the time for some dumb reason... Not sure how it holds up on modern hardware...

It works on Modern Hardware, its on GOG. And thanks to the comic book visuals, I would say it holds up just fine (if a bit low res).

The sequel looks a bit better.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the COD part of Unprofessional Fridays.
Seems like an amazing broken mess.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Did you get of the first planet yet? Felt similar on the starting world but once I got to the second world I enjoyed it much more. Maybe because there were only 2 or 3 short combat encounters so far and the music doesn't remind me of Borderlands.
I left the first planet but quit after that cuz I was tired. Im also realizing that there are multiple paths. I threw it on ebay to try and get my money back, but will probably play it remotely on my vita while
I watch tv this weekend.
I think I'm just in a gaming funk right now. Gears disappointed me and I'm waiting on Death Stranding.

I'm playing cod right now, and the ttk is really bothering me how fast it is. Gunfight is fun tho.

May 5, 2018
Alex is 100% right! Mapo Tofu is phenomenal! Its amazing authentic Chinese food that you'll almost never see in dive in Chinese Restaurants in America.

My only experience I had with Mapo Tofu was from being invited by owners of a Japanese Restaurant to eat at their eatery for a Chinese New Year feast (the owners are Chinese). The owners do this every Chinese New Year where they invite their most loyal customers over to have a free Chinese New Year dinner and I noticed Mapo Tofu was one of the special dishes they prepared only for this dinner. It was freaking amazing and reminding myself to eat this makes me want to find a recipe for Mapo Tofu to make myself!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.