• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Loona hype!

533517491956219906.gif

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting in line for Red Velvet, and people are cranking up some CLC. Good to hear they won.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any pics of the merch? I'm curious

I'll post some tomorrow along with a few concert pics.

Just got back from the RV show and had a blast! Yeri hit herself in the face when they were throwing balls to the crowd. It was hilarious. Pretty strong setlist.

Btw people, RBB slaps hard live.

Blackpink is my next show.....hopefully. Tickets will be a bloodbath

JEKKI

Oct 27, 2017
I think we already replied to you and told you to try to get tickets for the filming of The Show, that has tickets dedicated to international fans. Not sure about the timing for that (it's on Tuesdays) but check out if you can still get a ticket.
ahhh thanks! unfortunately I'll bein Busan on tuesday and dont even know how to get tickets in the first place >_<

I just hope I can find a used music store that carries old Baby VOX cassettes.

-EDIT-

and Deux cassettes.

yallz dont even know about Deux!

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry, but there are plenty of great vocalists in korea who just don't get that (rightful) attention.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I can get people hating LOONA for the lore ot their twitter stan base, but damn if they haven't delivered top tier music to fill a playlist already.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have a couple kpop fans in my list and have never seen anyone hate or fight for a company.

I hope to see more of them as solo artist in the future at least, I think all of them did something solo, may it be DJ, OST or release their own single in the past.

Last edited:

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A few pics from Red Velvet last night.

There was a group of people selling unofficial merch. Basically the stuff you can find on ebay: buttons, pop sockets, calendars, posters, stickers, CDs, hoodies, cards, sticky notes, etc. You name it. Very cheap prices. $5/$10 accessories, $15 shirts.

r3hblT1.jpg

It's the same person who was selling unofficial BTS merch. This guy is the unofficial kpop merch guy. Won't be surprised if he's at the BP shows.

As for the show, it was so much fun. Kpop fans are wild. I didn't take many videos as I wanted to live the moment, but my partner did take videos. Will share them once I gain access to my laptop.

JUvICcM.jpg

KeXvHpo.jpg

RcW4qln.jpg

pYqqrDc.jpg

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
A friend of mine is travelling to the states so I asked him to bring me a couple of CDs.

Can't wait
496696053286961163.gif

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
^ Are they doing a Q&A session in that picture where Irene is holding a paper?

Just a segment where each member spent a few minutes talking, and she grabbed it from the crowd. A person was passing out banners before we entered the venue, so we could hold them up during the encore. She also passed out balloons to hold up for another song.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
do k-pop boy groups ever collaborate with each other? NCT x BTS is never happening right?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Omg. Hwasa's twit is somehow funny. Twit in my native language means money. So when she is singing "twit twit twit twit", it sounds like she is talking about money 😂😂

The song became viral among kpopers for the wrong reason 😂😂

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
You know what? Itzy is growing on me. The live performance was pretty impressive. The dance itself looks fun and their synchronization is nearly perfect. The only bad part is the beats being so minimalist but other than that I like it now.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand this trend but I'm grateful for these videos:

This may be the most overlooked k-pop song of 2019 so far. The MV has less than 100,000 views after two weeks.

Deleted member 38397

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 15, 2018
So how many of you guys and gals in here have taken to learning Korean because of Kpop? I can read most of the lyrics but have no idea what they mean. And I have trouble with some of the sounds because I can't differentiate between the double and single consonant sounds.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
So how many of you guys and gals in here have taken to learning Korean because of Kpop? I can read most of the lyrics but have no idea what they mean. And I have trouble with some of the sounds because I can't differentiate between the double and single consonant sounds.
Leaning how to "read" Korean is pretty easy. I learned how in a day. But the hard part is understanding what you're reading. Luckily there are tons of helpful books (Talk To Me In Korean) and YouTubers (like Korean Unnie) if you're serious about learning.

I started it up but ultimately got sidetracked with my day job.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
She mentioned something like "don't send a cub to do the work of a tiger" when Jennie debuted solo last year.
REALLY? Damn, that's shady if aimed at her. But it kinda describes how I feel about Black Pink. They don't sell their song/image as well as 2NE1 did.

They don't have the same X factor. And that's not just nostalgia talking. Hwasa is a newer idol and she has it. Something that feels totally natural. With them it feels like a game, an image forced upon them. Maybe it was the same with 2NE1, but they sold it better.

I wish them the best though.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
REALLY? Damn, that's shady if aimed at her. But it kinda describes how I feel about Black Pink. They don't sell their song/image as well as 2NE1 did.

They don't have the same X factor. And that's not just nostalgia talking. Hwasa is a newer idol and she has it. Something that feels totally natural. With them it feels like a game, an image forced upon them. Maybe it was the same with 2NE1, but they sold it better.

I wish them the best though.

Actually:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
CL gained so much weight, the opposite of what YG prefers looking at BP. He doesn't care for her now nor has for years now. Thrown her into the states to test out the waters, not even give her a album let alone a EP.

OP
OP
llehuty

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be real, CL got 3 or 4 US singles/MVs and they did absolutely nothing for her career. Don't think giving her an album would have changed anything.

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One for Korea, who cares what they do elsewhere aside from tours? *shrug*

Park Bom got shafted the most despite being the obvious best singer in the group. Will she publish herself or under YG? She's a free agent now after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.