Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tet666

tet666

Compression is a thing you know if the game doesn't have huge video files (and i highly doubt this has any) it should compress pretty well.

2. Fiery Phoenix

Fiery Phoenix

Did they re-add assets rather than fixing what's on there?

3. Coriolanus

Coriolanus

if the game cant run at all from the data present on the disc and it doesnt show Internet Connection Required on the box, i'd be scammy af tho

4. SHAQ

SHAQ

LOL!!!!!

edit: we need a like system on here. WTF Era.

5. daniel77733

daniel77733

In other words, instead of releasing the game on a disc that has only 100MB of data on it in which you then have to download the 23gb patch, why not just release the game as digital only? Meaning game/patch in one single download and no retail version. Just don't see the point in even wasting the money, time and resources to make the game available on disc if doesn't even contain the game itself.

It is just as bad as retail games having just a download code inside. Like, WTF is the point? I would have made the game digital only, sell it for $40 instead of $60 and probably get a lot more sales for the game while at the same time, avoiding any possible complaints regarding this situation/decision.

Hoping that Deep Silver doesn't do this shit with Metro Exodus.

6. Azzanadra

Azzanadra

When are reviews coming out for this game?

7. Bond

Bond

I have a strange feeling that Kingdom Come is going to be bug ridden on release, didn't Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 have similar patch sizes?. This is not a good sign

8. hibikase

hibikase
    Banned Member

Wait so what happens if you try to launch the game without updating it?

9. tet666

tet666

Nothing there is nothing to launch lol.

10. Frostman

Frostman

Looks like it’ll be on release according to the subreddit.

I don’t mind the big patch sizes personally but I understand why they are a problem.

11. Flips

Flips

A Warhorse PR guy mentioned in a preview video that the game has about 4 hours worth of cutscenes. Don't know about their file size though.

12. jesu

jesu

quoted for the new page

13. Trace

Trace

Aren't the cutscenes ingame in this one?

14. hibikase

hibikase
    Banned Member

There would need to be something, it wouldn't be a valid PS4 disc otherwise.

15. Frostman

Frostman

The Twitch streams have been fine that I’ve seen, no major bugs. But of course that doesn’t mean on release, with a much larger player pool, that some won’t be discovered.

16. tet666

tet666

Cutscenes are all in-engine judging by the videos i've seen so far.

17. Flips

Flips

Alright. It was just an uneducated guess then.

18. So, let me stop the rumor mill dead in its tracks before everyone continues jumping to conclusions. The way that I've been told that the engine works, is it takes the entire game and separates the PKG or ISO into 2GB archives. If during a patch you so much as alter a 1KB text file within any of these 2GB archives, then you need to reupload the ENTIRE 2GB portion. That beings said, this is a major patch that improves overarching mechanics throughout the game, so it touches almost all of these 2GB archives in the entire game build. Essentially you are having to redownload the game to replace the existing files. It shouldn't stack them and inflate on your harddrive, but rather replace the previously downloaded build files.

19. Aokiji

Aokiji

I thought we got rid of omega sized day 1 patches smh

20. I enjoy my hefty digital library too- but some gamers have a data limit per month. Imagine purchasing a physical copy & hit with the Full game download without stating this requirement on the box?

I agree. Is this confirmed for this retail release? Does anyone know if Kingdom Come can be played Offline?

21. GameZone

GameZone

But the game is 23 GB..

22. Trace

Trace

Thanks for the clarification. If there's one thing Era does best it's jumping to conclusions over no evidence.

23. Game is different sizes in different regions depending on how much VO languages are in it.

24. PeskyToaster

PeskyToaster

When I got a physical version of Total War Warhammer II it basically just opens up steam to download it.

25. Nintendo

Nintendo
    Member OP

Is this confirmed? Does Sony/MS even allow such thing ?

26. Reckheim

Reckheim

This, and the other post should be in the OP if possible.

Thanks for the clarification.

27. Trace

Trace

Could you put the two Deep Silver quotes in the OP please?

28. Aters

Aters

because some people only buy retail discs.

29. 5taquitos

5taquitos

They don't really address the disc only having 100ish mb of data (if that's actually true).

30. Gbraga

Gbraga

That's how a lot of games work, but the rumor part is that the game only comes with 100mb, can you confirm that's not true?

From the other thread:

31. Trace

Trace

He literally just said the game doesn't have 100mb of data. It's replacing the entire game, not that the game doesn't exist on disk at all.

32. GameZone

GameZone

The same thing happened to LA Noire Remastered. The entire game is probably on the disc if you install it offline, but if you are online, it downloads a patch that is there entire game, and it pretty much overwrites everything that is on the disc. I don`t get why they do this.

[​IMG]

33. FHIZ

FHIZ

Someone needs to test this for science

34. The game only comes with 100mb? This is 100% not true. The game, whether physical or digital, comes as a fully first party QA approved product. However, since we all waiting four years the for game, I'd recommend waiting another hour to download the patch that the Warhorse team was able to use the 6-weeks (at least) between submission of the final build and its release date to continue to work on and polish.

35. GameZone

GameZone

Nope. Like I said, the entire game is probably on the disc, but if you install it while being online, the "patch" pretty much overwrite everything that is on the disc. It`s a decent solution if you don`t have Internet at all, but it`s completely insane if you have Internet, and just want to be able to patch the game and save data.

36. Sloane Ranger

Sloane Ranger

Congrats on the launch! I have not looked forward to a new IP this much in quite awhile!

37. NinjaScooter

NinjaScooter

To have a retail presence.

38. Gbraga

Gbraga

That's actually pretty neat if that's the case. Instead of wasting your time making you install the whole game only to replace it, it already detects the patch and ignores the disc. Didn't know consoles could even do that.

Awesome, that puts it to rest, I'll even edit my post in the first page. Thank you!

39. Dazraell

Dazraell

It's a unfortunate situation but if that means a better and more polished experience, I can wait a little bit more. I hope that the game will perform well on regular PS4, though.

40. NinjaScooter

NinjaScooter

Isn’t this an unnecessary waste of bandwidth for consumers?

41. GameZone

GameZone

It doesn`t bother me as long as the entire game is on the disc, but I don`t know why the patch have to replace the entire disc content.

42. Edge

Edge
    Community Resettler Member

That screenshot is from me and I don't know what should be not true about this. It downloads the complete game and only installs around 100mb from the disc, what can I say, it's what it is.

Haven't tested to install it offline but that's what it does when I'm online.

43. Trace

Trace

Please read the thread this was already explained.

44. Gbraga

Gbraga

I think it's just an unfortunate consequence of the patch changing things that are all over the place and require full 2GB file replacements, which ended up adding to be the whole game.

The 1.02 patch is apparently 5GB by itself if you already had 1.01, so that's like 3 files being replaced.

He's not saying your screenshot is false, only that you can in fact play it offline, the game doesn't require an internet conection.

45. Paul

Paul

Lot can be improved in the 6 weeks between submission and shipping, but I am glad with steam I will just get the up to date copy right away.

46. GameZone

GameZone

The entire game is on the disc, but yes, they allow it. CoD WW2 campaign mode was completely locked behind a patch, but I think publishers have to state this on the box.

47. Hawk269

Hawk269

Hi WillJPowers. In one of the other Kingdom threads a user is playing this on the Xbox One X and is reporting stuttering/micro stutters. Is the team aware of this issue? In addition, in some of the videos he posted, he is in a room and only a few feet away objects are appearing/disappearing...it looks odd and seems like it is a LOD issue. Other parts of his video's you don't see it. Any word on any additional fixes the team is working on?

48. tet666

tet666

He allrdy addressed that and this doesn't mean there are only 100mb on the disc just that the patch files take priority...

49. AegonSnake

AegonSnake

Good to see devs on here. the outrage machine can get out of hand really bad here on era.

50. Edge

Edge
    Community Resettler Member

Is it out on Xbox too? Only had 1.01 there.

Alright, got it, thanks.

____

Does 1.02 fix the horrible framepacing?

That should be priority number one next. It's awful how the whole screen stutters and stops every 2 seconds, it's throughout the whole video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.