What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookkoo

Apr 9, 2018
y'know one last thing before I go (yes I'll get out of your thread in a minute DecoReturns), ages ago, like I'm talking during OT4, chase beck called OT7 because he knew that's when the Direct would be. When this thread slowed down I was a little disappointed in a way that his prediction would be wrong. Well, now it seems like it'll turn out to be true.

See y'all in OT7, sorry to bother those of you who wish I'd just fucken leave already

havent you quit Nintendo threads about 47 times

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
10 days and Nintendo will have 0 upcoming games, that's pretty rad. I hope they don't announce a Direct or any game soon.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Nintendo Directs are over get ready for GameStop Directs hosted by Reggie.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
10 days and Nintendo will have 0 upcoming games, that's pretty rad. I hope they don't announce a Direct or any game soon.

I hope they say absolutely nothing and then drop a release date for xenoblade at 23:59 pm on the 19th in Japan, just to ruin the three "nintendo has NO DATED GAMES" threads people would be queuing up to post at the stroke of midnight

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
What's the one announcement that, for you personally, would make you instantly think "the wait was worth it?" For me, a Switch port of Yakuza 0 would make this wait entirely worth it.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
What's the one announcement that, for you personally, would make you instantly think "the wait was worth it?" For me, a Switch port of Yakuza 0 would make this wait entirely worth it.

A few, actually

Golden Sun
Metroid V
Prime Trilogy
Final Fantasy Tactics
Mass Effect Trilogy

Any of those would make it worth the wait.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

anything regarding chrono trigger, which celebrates its 25th anniversary in mere hours

or anything paper mario rpg

or a re-release of game & watch hardware to nintendo switch online members in celebration of its 40th anniversary next month

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Another Golden Sun, Ace Attorney or MegaMan Battle Network.

I know none of them are going to happen though :(

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yeaaaah if the last few pages are anything to go by, I'll probably leave this thread on Wednesday once again.
Famicom Detective Club remakes confirmed for the West.
And I'm 100% sure it's happening, because if not Nintendo then Spike Chunsoft will bring it.
I just hope it'll be confirmed by Nintendo in this Direct, that it'll release this year, with a nice physical edition.

New project zero/fatal frame.
That's a good one too. Unfortunately that's not happening because the producer talked about it in late 2019, saying he really wants to do a Fatal Frame for the Switch, but that the next entrie isn't even in pre-production, they didn't start thinking about it.
BUT a remaster of Project Zero 2's Wii remake for the Switch and/or a port of Project Zero 5 (with a proper physical release for my fellow Americans friends) would be a showstopper for me. I need this.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A remake/remaster of Riviera the promised land. I know the psp version exists, but it deserves another breath of life.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017

Final Fantasy XIV
Xenoblade Chronicles MMORPG (this year)
Elder Scrolls Online
Other great MMORPG

Either one of these would make it worth the wait and also the best Direct ever.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
A new Monster Hunter for the Switch + (J)RPG news (Xenoblade Chronicles Definitve Edition, Bravely Default II, Trials of Mana Remake, Shin Megami Tensei V, Persona 5S Western Release [just dreaming there, alright], etc.).

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020

That they're never gonna do a remake or port ever again. "From now on we're focussed on making new games and experiences for all to enjoy."

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
What's the one announcement that, for you personally, would make you instantly think "the wait was worth it?"

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Super Mario Odyssey 2
Super Mario Bros. 2 game style added to Mario Maker 2

Just one of those three would be worth it. But, overall, if the general Direct can give me 3 or more games to be excited for this year, including ports, then I'd be happy. I ended up getting around 5 first-party Switch games last year, and I'd love to experience a similar result this year. I'm very much excited about Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but that alone isn't enough to get me hyped for Nintendo's 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.