• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
If it really is 007, I am curious to see what the hell that developed by WayForward would even look like. A James Bond Metroidvania or sidescroller both sound weird.

The GBC Bond game was a bit classic Metal Gear-ish, and was fantastic. I'd love to see WayForward do something unique with the property. We've mostly just gotten FPSes over the years.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

007 would be great, but that's not this - sorry didn't see guesses with that.

aww okay thanks for clearing that up with 007

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this could be literally anything.
Love wayforward though so looking forward to it.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Well if it's not Bond, but still something Nintendo has "worked" with in the past...

Ken Griffey Jr character action game, let's go!

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Are we guessing Contra 5? Did we forget that there is a Contra game on the Switch? We did didn't we?

We should have.

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I have some really out there guesses:

The Simpsons (maybe a hit and run sequel or something? Idk lol)

Scott Pilgrim (this one would at least make some sense based on all the hints. No new game in over a decade, kinda a film/comic license but also had a very popular tie in game at the exact same time)

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Can't be first party, can't be something WayForward has worked on before.

It's not DuckTales, and it's not Balloon Fight.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all it'd probably be faster to just copy a Wikipedia list of all the games released on the Wii, DS, and 3DS between late 2010 and early 2012.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Chibi-Robo is still partially owned by Bandai, so I can't believe Zip Lash 2 is happening!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Less than 18 hours away from the announcement crafted by hard-working men and women spending months if not years making and delivering games, but you can always count on another loser parasite on the internet to try to steal attention for themselves. Business as usual, especially around these parts.
funny, you had this to say about the AC Valhalla leak:

Guess you didn't care about the hard-working men and women there did you
LOL

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all it'd probably be faster to just copy a Wikipedia list of all the games released on the Wii, DS, and 3DS between late 2010 and early 2012.

I was starting to do that before remembering that he never said that the game from almost a decade ago was on a Nintendo console, just that the property has been on Nintendo consoles before.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
Scott Pilgrim (this one would at least make some sense based on all the hints. No new game in over a decade, kinda a film/comic license but also had a very popular tie in game at the exact same time)

Given how the Scott Pilgrim license was held by Ubisoft, and assuming that Ubisoft would want to work with Wayforward, then anything Scott Pilgrim related would wait until Ubisoft Forward. I think it's a bit unlikely, but I would welcome it.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
We had Crash. We had Spyro. Now the king of 90s 3D platformer will rise again. Glover is returning.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
River City and Bloodstained weren't shot down? Those are IPs they have actually worked on in the past. They've said they have more plans for River City Girls very recently too, I thought.
River City and Bloodstained are stricken down by the fact that the IP is explicitly one they haven't worked on. That's in the announcement itself

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
River City and Bloodstained weren't shot down? Those are IPs they have actually worked on in the past. They've said they have more plans for River City Girls very recently too, I thought.
The one thing we know about this game is that it's a third-party IP WayForward HASN'T worked on before; so no River City or Bloodstained.