• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite Villain Cover

• Volume 21

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Volume 42

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Volume 77

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Volume 87

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Kh remind spoiler pic
bnyBRDp.png

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
See how this will be a jump announcement, I can see Yonko being right.

I still see that 8 movie thing being a thing, unless Jump really just want to detail the future like that.

OP
OP
Reyes
Qouting Sandman from AP but now that Laugh Tale has happened in the manga thought this talking about the Manga and anime films:
I'd like to compile some Oda/editor's comments regarding this topic.

Oda:
Fans may be glad if some events are shown in films before manga, but I don't like that idea.
Film staffs have convinced me of approving it, saying films are some kind of a festival.

Once a certain character/event shows up in films before manga, my motivation declines so much that I don't feel like handling that character/event in manga anymore..
source: Film Gold official guidebook "Backstage Pass" (2016)

Oda:
I'd rather make post-timeskip Aokiji appear in manga before films. But Suzuki (film staff) disagreed with me.
source: ONE PIECE Newspaper (November 22nd, 2012)

Editor Naito:
The meaning and spelling of Laugh Tale have never changed since more than 20 years ago.
Oda has told all successive OP editors about Laugh Tale. In Stampede, Oda gave us an approval about the spelling being revealed before manga.
It may mean how he is determined to wrap up the OP story.

source: Oricon (November 14, 2019)
https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2148735/full/

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen Stampede yet but I remember when it came out that the spelling was "Laugh Tale", I was like "Man is this some Mary Geoise shit again?" and also "Raftel" just sounds cool. But I absolutely love the name now, love that that's the final island that this adventure is leading to.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Greg actually made a good tweet on the Laugh Tale reveal...

Puts in perspective want kind of weight Oda is carrying right now.

ZzrkpUl.png

Some else even pointed out that the reactions the Strawhats had to Oden's story a while back is similar to the audience's hearing it right now. XD

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know what needs a movie demon slayer. Infinity train lets goooooooooo Choo Choo motherfuckers

It really didn't, but it's happening so whatever, just hope it isn't a hassle in making things confusing in regards to an eventual S2 for people :P

I'm strongly considering switching.

Like I got many gripes with MHA, but the art ain't one of them as far as the manga is concerned, lot of great panel work that the anime consistently fails to match imo

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Greg actually made a good tweet on the Laugh Tale reveal...

Puts in perspective want kind of weight Oda is carrying right now.

ZzrkpUl.png

Some else even pointed out that the reactions the Strawhats had to Oden's story a while back is similar to the audience's hearing it right now. XD

Oh yeah, I forgot that we didn't hear the story then.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You know what needs a movie demon slayer. Infinity train lets goooooooooo Choo Choo motherfuckers
I love the idea of making that into a movie tbh.
But it's Aniplex sooooooooooooo...

unless the movie gets on Crunchyroll
Well it's Aniplex sooooooooo...
Well maybe it being in between S1 and S2, along with this being the Funi-Aniplex era, means they'll treat it differently than their other movies. Hope they at least put it out on iTunes...

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.