Rumor: ATVI's 5-year plan for Crash includes N.Sane Trilogy on Switch/PC, New Game in 2019

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wrestleman, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Print_Dog

Print_Dog Member

Oh no...

2. Hope

Hope Member

Well i got the game because it was orignally developed by NDN I wouldnt buy crash 4 by VV.

3. Gooch

Gooch Member

CTR: Crash Team Racing please.

4. Zalman

Zalman Member

[​IMG]

(Had to do it.)

5. Stygr

Stygr Member

Releasing the game on more platforms = more sales, but nope, this "weakens the brand" according to some people.
    I don't really care about Crash, never cared in my childhood and i don't care now on PS4, but using the nostalgia argument is pointless and laughable.

6. sora87

sora87 Member

Sony not coughing up for any more crash exclusivity lol. A brand new game is gonna be hard to pull off tbf though.

7. Phendrift

Phendrift Member

Ugh, another platformer on the Switch?!

/s

8. Wrestleman

Wrestleman Member Original Poster

I don't get people's lack of faith in VV. They've made well-reviewed Crash games before N.Sane Trilogy (with key staff shared between the titles) and then also, there was exactly one piece of 100% original content in N.Sane Trilogy -- a bonus round that was not present in the originals -- and it's one of the best setups in the game. I have plenty of faith in VV to make a new game.

9. Pancracio17

Pancracio17 Member

God I hope so

10. Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx Member

Why would Activision care about this exactly?

Go check how many Crash games there are on Nintendo systems.

11. Maxina

Maxina Member

Crash, and even Spyro have had games on Nintendo and Xbox systems in the past. They're exclusivity with Sony died once the PS1 era concluded.

12. Wrestleman

Wrestleman Member Original Poster

This combined with the fact that of all those multiplatform Crash games people still associate it with PlayStation, I think Acti and Sony will have a healthy marketing relationship with Crash going forward regardless.

13. Jacob LeBeau

Jacob LeBeau Member

14. Oregano

Oregano Member

Perfection.

15. Harpoon

Harpoon Member

16. Iwao

Iwao Member

No Xbox release?

Damn...

17. Jacob LeBeau

Jacob LeBeau Member

I know, just thought I give a link as evidence to support it

18. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Member

19. Sounds legit actually. I skipped Crash on the PS4 because I figured it will eventually be released on Steam and I can enjoy it in a higher frame rate (not PC elitist in any way,just want to experience games in the best way possible with what I currently got,nothing bad against consoles whatsoever).
    Also,the Switch sounds like a perfect fit for this.

20. Nemesis162

Nemesis162 Member

Sony don't need to allow anything, Crash is Activision IP. They don't have anything to do with Crash and never did even when the first games were published by them in behalf of Universal.

21. Jacob LeBeau

Jacob LeBeau Member

Huh?

22. Harpoon

Harpoon Member

The link was also already there, dude.

23. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud Member

First you said Sony allowed Activision to make Crash and now you’re posting “more proof”, but it’s already in the OP.

24. Jacob LeBeau

Jacob LeBeau Member

I'm stoopid. Thanks for tellin me

25. NinjaScooter

NinjaScooter Member

The agreement between Sony and Acti served its purpose. Sony got the benefit of being able to tout that they were bringing back a beloved franchise, along with about a year or so worth of exclusivity, while Activision got to leverage that to increase the profile and viability of what to that point was a dormant franchise. It was a win win.

26. Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis Member

CTR and Bash remake with online. Make it happen Activison.

27. Iwao

Iwao Member

Well Sony approached Activision to make the N. Sane Trilogy happen, which is probably why they have this window of exclusivity. It's unlikely to have happened if Sony didn't instigate. They hinted at the project back in one of their PS4 launch trailers, years before it was announced:

28. Zalman

Zalman Member

I think the only thing that's making me think twice about a Switch version is the file size. I think they would need a 32 GB card for this, unless they force people to download most of the game. In which case, I ain't double dipping.

29. MongeSemNome

MongeSemNome Member

Hell to the fucking yeah. Do Need a CTR Remaster

30. Nemesis162

Nemesis162 Member

He's not part of Playstation family. lol He's not a Sony character, he's not exclusive since the beginning of the past decade and it's an multiplatform since then. It makes no sense for Activision to put it in exclusivity, considering it's past.

31. II JumPeR I

II JumPeR I Member

lol what kind of fanboy BS is that?

A lot of folks would buy the game on Xbox too.

At this point it would be better to make it available on all platforms possible.
    And porting the PS4 version to Xbox is a easy task.

32. Virtua Sanus

Virtua Sanus Member

It is so frustrating when people try to argue that the Xbox fanbase does not support whatever genre when they should be considering the situation on a console by console basis, not platform brands. I can assure you most people do not have a specific interest in following console successors and just go with what they feel like or hear is good. Plenty of people who do not have a PlayStation 4 and only have one of whatever other platform would love to play this game.

The suggestion that family friendly platformers would flop on Xbox One is goofy when we have direct evidence from Steamspy that there is not a single 3D platformer on Steam to be in any way a significant success and yet we are getting this on PC.

33. ASaiyan

ASaiyan Member

The question is, new platform Crash game or new CTR?

I'm sure many people would be nostalgic for the latter, but having played the series for the first time with N. Sane Trilogy I'd be interested to see VV tackle the latter. Especially without the restriction of following the original games' design religiously.

34. II JumPeR I

II JumPeR I Member

Im seeing this kind of BS a lot recently. "meh xbox fans dont buy this and that" and its the most common used excuse for japanese games.

35. N.Domixis

N.Domixis Member

FUck yes!!!!!! Woooooo!!!!

36. Stygr

Stygr Member

The new Sumo Digital rumour about a racing game on a popular IP might be Crash after all....

37. Hope

Hope Member

38. Phendrift

Phendrift Member

What do you mean what kind of fanboy BS?

It’s a fucking 3D platformer, people who buy Nintendo consoles are likely much more into those than people who buy XBox.

Add to that the already healthy sales of Switch software and I think it’d easily do better.

Not fanboy BS, just common sense.

39. Jacob LeBeau

Jacob LeBeau Member

But there's actual proof in the OP.

40. N.Domixis

N.Domixis Member

Only one thing is certain, SONY must lock down crash bandicoot marketing rights as soon as possible. Have people associate Crash with playstation.

41. Braaier

Braaier Member

I'm still scratching my head on that one.

I don't buy this rumor though. No x1 version? Doesn't make sense

42. II JumPeR I

II JumPeR I Member

I dont remember a lot of platformers the last couple of years that would indicate that xbox folks dont buy this type of games.

And yes its just pure BS saying that.

Crash Bandicoot is a big name. And not some kind of small Kickstarter Platformer.

The game would do well on Xbox as well.

So yeah i dont see Activision skipping the Xbox. I see them skipping the PC.

lol why?

43. Dekuman

Dekuman Member

I hope the games go multiplat, as it would make the most sense from a merchandising perspective, but Acti may be happy keeping them PS exclusive.

44. Mandos

Mandos Member

45. Braaier

Braaier Member

People already do. Why exactly would Sony PAY for marketing rights? A waste of money

46. Crash Team Racing Remake
    Crash Bandicoot 4: Bandimonium
    Crash Bash (only good this time)

Just please make them good, don’t crash(HA) this brand into the fucking ground again.

I’d love for Crash 4 to be a blend of Twinsanity open-world and linear classic stages. And for the love of christ, ease up on the vehicle stages please.

47. Jacob LeBeau

Jacob LeBeau Member

Friendly reminder that Activision has a thing on the 8th.

48. N.Domixis

N.Domixis Member

Crash will always be the unofficial Sony Mascot to me.

A CTR sequal can be name
    CNN
    Crash Ngines Ngaged

49. Crash

Crash Member

I hope a CTR Remake is included in their plan.

50. II JumPeR I

II JumPeR I Member

But yeah at this point Activision should really clarify that situation with this collection.
    Last year multiple stuff popped up, the devs were always laughing or dancing around the bush when someone asked about a Xbox version. Multiple retailers put up the Xbox version, the official crash site has some hidden buttons for platform selection.