• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
So I think nows a good time for me to roleclaim. I'm an empath and can sense emotions. On N1 I scanned ATP and was told he was feeing jovial. On N2 I scanned HP and was told he's feeling confident.

I'm 90% sure I'm a dog sniffer.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
ATP is most likely scum.
you and HP are probably right, I wanted to post what SHOULD be obvious before but I felt needed to be said based on the hammer yesterday.

I wonder how if ATP is scum what is up with this weird phantom zone that ATP got sucked into, and if so, also why Neki?
FateShirou you did a no comment vote for neki start of day 2, BoJack Horseman you had a vote on Neki and commented that ATP was right in HP using the Double very suspiciously.

Fate, why did you vote Neki originally? I understand why you didn't change it, red checks need to be checked, but why originally? What was your thinking coming out of day start? Put me in the mind of FateShirou for that brief moment in time.

BoJack, I don't like how you talked up ATP (especially with what looks like a fake red check now, and a Double that is looking more and more like it was town originated). So I'm voting for you right now, because with ATP's hit job on Neki, your vote and reasoning is scummy.

Vote: Bojack

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
So I think nows a good time for me to roleclaim. I'm an empath and can sense emotions. On N1 I scanned ATP and was told he was feeing jovial. On N2 I scanned HP and was told he's feeling confident.

I'm 90% sure I'm a dog sniffer.
ghost-trick-shu-takumi.gif

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
In less than 10 minutes you went from this

To this ?

Vote:LP

Sarcastic reply: oh please, if I was scum I would've already discussed ATP leaving the game once actions locked (if we didn't cause it) and would never bring up the hunter in the game thread.

Genuine reply: hunter made sense after Neki died and he left until someone said ATP hadn't won and was still on the game list, so I went back to the initial cop theory.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
No it read to me like a cop who was happy to get one red check and is going to die soon.

Yes because scum was in a dire position early on D2 and faked a red check to get a stubborn voter out?
First we can't count out that He could easily be neutral as well

He was bread crumbing his ability to leave the game.

he said "and if I had to do it again I would" and "I can live with it" before killing a town player.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
You don't think his last post was an open wolf?
I think it was an open "I pulled some shit here", whether wolf or third party or town towning is eh.
I find it hard to believe he was scum because he was generally being town read by people who weren't you and wasn't in any immediate danger, and as such if he were part of a team I can't help but think they would rather have had him stick around rather than run off on day/night 2.

Ultimately it probably doesn't matter. He's gone now. If he comes back we worry about him then, if he doesn't, well, he's gone and we probably won't know what he is either way.

Anyways,

Leo is an interesting target, am I mistaken in assuming that Leo was largely town read, and not in any sort of contention?
Fate was scum reading him to some degree. I don't recall much from others; Neki liked what he was doing, Bo said he was a town read after Fate asked him, Royal blanked on anything he'd done.
Yesterday he wasn't around much. He asked Jman a question, Shirou asked him a couple, but he was gone until after the turbo so there wasn't really much there.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
He also said "to my crew" which I assume is town, and then posted a gif that said "stay alive".

Anyway I'm going to do some rereading and will be back later. Let me know if Zipped ever decides to elaborate on his soft claim.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
If ATP was able to be condemned and voted out today, I would be pushing for ATP to be the main target. (based on ATP's continued existence in the game, Neki's flip, and that day end post)

but we can't do that because someone decided to put ATP in some sort of nether space that didn't kill him.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
What's with the role fishing?
I said something that I know to be true about ATP's leaving the game, Fate asked if I was the doctor, I clarified that no I am not the doctor. LP wants me to claim more, but I put as much there as I want to today.

LP is scum though, so take that as you will as far as how to respond to him.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
considering Neki's Role having to select a player to tunnel the upcoming Day, maybe ATP's worked similarly in that he had to pre-select a player that would be voted out the upcoming Day, and maybe depending on whether said player flipped as Town or Mafia, something would happen

In this case ATP left the game after Neki flipped as Town but I can't tell if that's a good or not. Maybe ATP already lost the game for himself (as a Neutral) but we for some reason don't get to see his info yet, because there's some condition that can still be fulfilled to get him back in?

Maybe there's somebody specific we have to vote out Today (like a final nomination that he could do before leaving, in which case he picked somebody for Today last Night) and getting that player out Today would get him back?

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I think it was an open "I pulled some shit here", whether wolf or third party or town towning is eh.
I find it hard to believe he was scum because he was generally being town read by people who weren't you and wasn't in any immediate danger, and as such if he were part of a team I can't help but think they would rather have had him stick around rather than run off on day/night 2.

Ultimately it probably doesn't matter. He's gone now. If he comes back we worry about him then, if he doesn't, well, he's gone and we probably won't know what he is either way.
We can't just ignore this Ephi. Something really weird happened one way or the other. Trying to avoid the subject isn't a good look.

Ephi ignoring my post and answering zipped's spec talk and hp's post is sus
Her response to my post doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe there's somebody specific we have to vote out Today (like a final nomination that he could do before leaving, in which case he picked somebody for Today last Night) and getting that player out Today would get him back?
the only other person ATP posted about was HP
you can check his posting, he seemed narrowed into neki

Her response to my post doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either
why dont you post ur reads ?

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Okay here's my reads list:

Shirou: He's a bit more angry than usual, but he seems to be putting in effort to solve, poking around at various different places. His frustration reads genuine to me. Town lean

wee: I did not like the start of wee's D1. She was just posting gifs and flinging zingers at folks. She started to heat up at the end of the day though, I liked her press on HP, and her attempts to get folks to vote with her did very much feel like a town!wee thing, as Shirou also noted in defense of her when she was questioned. Her D2 was not as strong as her EoD1. I didn't like some of her posts, such as this one where she explains how HP should've just laid down and died, if he is truly town. If HP is town, then from his perspective he was confirmed town and Launch was not. I understand the self-pres vote there, even if I don't agree otherwise with which the manner HP used/claimed the ability. After the "red check" I feel like wee got a bit better again, considering possibilities and not just tunneling on Neki, making sure to ask others for their thoughts and votes on the situation, which I think is valuable data for town to have. Taken together, I would say light town lean for wee. A point of hesitation that I have, is that I found it much easier to read town!wee in Mafioso compared to this game. I hope we get a bit more from wee today so I can feel more confident in my read.

Zipped: He is engaging in conspiracies and relying heavily on flavour. I saw he soft-claimed today. Very much feels like town!Zipped to me.

Ephi: I did not like Ephi's D1. I felt she was keeping her cards very close to her chest, and her EoD vote switching was strange. Her D2 was very strong however. Her "actually my vote switching was on purpose" post was intriguing, but I think I get what she was going for there and I believe her. I think her questioning of others was very good on D2 and I'm looking forward to more of that. I appreciate the Blarg vote, which I will get to in a bit. I think light town lean for Ephi is where I'm at right now.

HP: I don't know how to feel about HP and it's bothering me a bit. He has posted a lot but I don't think we really got much content there. His D1 wasn't great, his D2 wasn't really either but it was a bit improved. I feel like he is coasting off the confirmed double vote ability right now. He posted some reads at the end of D2, after the red check, and it felt pretty fluffy to me. ATP joked earlier on that if HP starts sheeping others reads to watch out and HP chimed in that it was true, and I could that being the case right here. I hope we get more from HP today. I am thinking light scum lean.

anex: Seems to be playing very similarly to last game, where he was town. I appreciate the attempts to solve. I particularly liked a post where he included speculation of himself in the 3rd person. I feel like this would be a bit too on the nose to try as scum, especially for someone who is newer to the community and someone who was already called out this game on differing terminology (with "bussing").

Ambu: Not getting a lot from Ambu so far, though it seems he just claimed while I'm writing this. I am not sure if buy the claim yet, I need to think more on that in particular. He can't be scum this many times in a row, can he? His reaction to the "red check" felt off to me. It was posted very quickly after and lacked any explanation beyond "Nice". I think Ambu is a null for me right now but I could see him sliding down to slight scum lean. I want to re-read him now after this claim to see if I buy it.

jman: Pointless gambits ahoy! Very much seems like town!jman to me. I haven't had a chance to go back and read Mario Mini Mafia where he was scum to get a glimpse into his scum game, but his game so far seems very similar to previous town games I have seen of him.

Royal: Royal seems to be just gliding by so far with little suspicion or pressure. There were a handful of posts with some insightful reads, but I feel where Royal is at right now would be a great place for scum to be. Something like a light scum lean to null ish, read? Like I just need more Royal, in general. If a vig wants to shoot here I wouldn't object.

LP: Seems more prickly than usual, and posting a bit more than the usual minimum, as well. On D1, LP's frustration with players sticking tightly to their meta reads felt genuine. That seems like a town thing to worry about, because scum can use existing misconceptions of meta to fool townies. We've gotten way more LP so far compared to say, Royal. I would say light town read.

malus: I normally scumread malus when playing/speccing/reading games, but I am surprised that I am not this game? I feel like malus is actually trying to solve this game, even if he is struggling a little to put things together. I can feel the effort there, in posts like this where he is trying to explain his thought process but not quite succeeding. He has contradicted himself a few times and doesn't always seem to be paying close attention to the thread and the gamestate. This does not reflect my experiences with scum!malus, or indeed with malus in general. It is my hope that he's town telling here through this behaviour. I don't think scum would feel this same sense of resignation at this point in the game.

Blarg: Blarg is giving us nothing this game. After seeing how solve-y Blarg can be in Thing (before he turned, of course), this is giving me some pause. His vote on Launch D1 was extremely opportunistic and gave me bad vibes. This is why I appreciated Ephi's D2 vote on Blarg to put some pressure on there, though the "red check" ended up sucking all the air out of the room anyway. I think scum lean here.

BoJack: BoJack has felt off to me all game so far. Lots of weird posts, like this pocket-y one towards Yuta and Leo. After Blarg screamed SCUM UP from the rooftops all last game as scum, I am really nervous about posts like this and this and joking about being scum in general. This post doubling back on forming a town core as "half-joking" doesn't feel good to me either. This post feels kinda emotionally manipulative, like "golly gee I'm sorry my D1 is so bad". I really like this long post by Sneeks refuting BoJack's positions in the above post and creating some distance there after BoJack tried to cozy up to Sneeks. I have my suspicions that this post, along with Sneeks reads list, could be a big reason why she was chosen as the N1 kill. On D2, BoJack tried to cozy up with Leo in a similar manner to with Sneeks, and Leo similarly refuted Bo and scumread them. Look who ended up as the night kill?

For these reasons, I am going with BoJack right now.

Vote: BoJack

malus

Oct 30, 2017

how about others in the game?
If LP is Scum I'd maybe move Zipped back into the lean Town camp based on that interaction just now.

Still feel not too bad about yourself and Wee and to an extent Ambulance, though that role claim seems unnecessary and kind of useless tbh.

Now that Blarg has actually started playing I'd like to hear more from him.

I feel various amounts of scummy about Anex, Ephi, Bojack and Royal.

Not sure how to feel about HP. Why was ATP tunneling him the whole D2 only to then put out a red check on Neki and leave the game?

Fake Edit: Well now my reads list feels kind of inadequate...

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If LP is Scum I'd maybe move Zipped back into the lean Town camp based on that interaction just now.
you are putting the horse before the carriage, your few posts arnt the gotcha you think they are
Now that Blarg has actually started playing I'd like to hear more from him.
null
I feel various amounts of scummy about Anex, Ephi, Bojack and Royal.
expand
Not sure how to feel about HP. Why was ATP tunneling him the whole D2 only to then put out a red check on Neki and leave the game?
jeez i wonder why

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
You gave me the floor. I have nothing to put on it yet 🤷

That said, skimming back over Leo's yesterday to try and refresh myself on the opinions of the murdered before I inevitably forget them, I was actually doing him a pretty big disservice when I answered Zipped before, he really dug into the votes at the start of the day and looked at the people on them.

He looked at HP's approach to EOD and questioned him.
vote: HP

I don't think HP would have moved so many votes if that was a town x town situation. I didn't like how the Launch train came out of nowhere when he had barely been on anyone's vote lists on the day phase.

HP witholding to his claim doesn't do him any favors either, it's difficult to see why a town player would be reticent to claim a double vote, it's not a powerful role. Scum!HP would be more likely to try to hide it.

I think the vote yesterday was interesting and all the jumping around will give us some info. I'll get to it later.

Also, sad to see Sneeks go so soon in another game :( it sucks
How? You were leading the vote, people were expecting you to claim, and there's no reason for a townie to hide a double vote, it's not like mafia would be jumping to kill you on the same night.

Questioned mine
Ephi on eod yesterday:

Questions neki about his reason for town reading HP, doesn't seem to understand or agree.

As HP stays leading, she tries to get a Sneeks wagon going, doesn't work.

When Launch becomes a viable alternative for HP, she jumps in and stays there for the day.

Why Sneeks and Launch over HP, Ephi? Your exchange with neki gave me the impression you didn't agree with his town read and could at least consider him for the vote, but you went for two other players who we now know were town, and didn't even give a reason for voting and staying on Launch, or a reason why you were off HP.
Looked at LPs posts on Launch and HP
LP gets the Launch train going (at that point it had only 1 vote from mid D1) on the premise that Launch was vote hopping:

A bit later he claims to have reread HP's posts and he provides reads therefore isn't a good vote:

Later when Launch x HP is consolidated, he agrees that HP's vote is sus, but didn't he just reread HP? Maybe he missed it on the first time. Anyway, he agrees HP is sus but still doesn't move from Launch and stays there for the day:
Then Neki's in 956 (not quoting), and Bo's (Bo's answer is linked here too).
BoJack Horseman would also like to hear from you since you were the first vote on Launch's train and that's always a good opportunity for the scum team when one of them was on a viable train since early and it's just confortable to not check in again and stay there.
Very true, not sure how I can argue back at that.

I thought I was reading Launch right and that he was being too "gee golly, look how town I am" and some of his posts defending/accusing people were weirdly long. But it turned out to be spurious D1 logic. I shot, I missed, I wish I'd been more active at day end, but that's hindsight talking.

And he discussed HP and reads with Jman.
Why would HP lie about how many shots he has? If he lied, he would be locked out from using his remaining shots, or else everyone would know he lied.
I am being a lawyer trying to Prove HP's innocents by having him answer questions to show the thread why we Don't need to worry about him for now.

We need to first establish that HP has a second shot.

now we need HP to Promise to not use that second shot until we are in LYLO cause No way scum has a double vote in LYLO.

If he Follows orders we can trust his claim more.

If he follows instructions However his Bullet does not work in Lylo We Execute on the spot.

There are other factors that may sway the view of HP's innocents one way or the other along the way but we deal with that as it comes up.
This is a lot of nonsense and there's one scenario where i don't think you're scum pushing our boundaries, and that's why I won't chase it for now.

Do you have any scum reads, jman1954goat ? If HP is town, what do you make of the vote yesterday? Where was scum in that vote?
No Hard reads on anyone just trying to feel the day out.

Day 1 can be a cluster to read vote intentions especially with no scum Flips yet. Scum probably have there hands in multiple Jars.

so to answer are scum on HP Vote. Maybe?

His "final" read list, won't spoiler that one.
Anyway, my take for now is that HP should be flipped, and LP and Ephi didn't look good yesterday.

Blarg did some serious vote hopping and I've seen him doing it as scum and town so more information is needed.

Jman defending HP isn't making much sense to me but i don't know what to make of it yet.

Neki also looked bad, but my hunch is that was town bad and not scum bad. He was very active on the thread and seemed very unsure all the way through, got a genuine vibe from that.

Feeling a lot better about ATP today.
Wants to flip HP, doesn't like LP and me.
Unsure on Blarg.
Jman isn't making sense.

Nov 2, 2017
Well, I'm feeling deflated and confused. There's a reason I went so hard on Neki yesterday and it's because me and ATP shared a chat since the start of the game. I knew the same info they did.

Screw it, my best bet is to claim. I've spent all night agonising about who to trust and who to not trust, and it all being in my head doesn't help. I'm Captain Jean Luc Picard himself and I had the ability to invite people to a night chat with me and ATP. Currently, I've only invited one other person. The Neki red check came from that third person.

I don't want to reveal them because I stupidly still want to believe them. It's up to them if they want to come forward. If the red check was a lie, it was a real quick one, so I can't rule out redirections or any other kind of fuckery.

I genuinely feel bad for Neki, but I thought we had one for sure. Now I have no idea. I'm hoping my info can help town get on the same page and figure it out. Ask your questions if you've got them.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Well, I'm feeling deflated and confused. There's a reason I went so hard on Neki yesterday and it's because me and ATP shared a chat since the start of the game. I knew the same info they did.

Screw it, my best bet is to claim. I've spent all night agonising about who to trust and who to not trust, and it all being in my head doesn't help. I'm Captain Jean Luc Picard himself and I had the ability to invite people to a night chat with me and ATP. Currently, I've only invited one other person. The Neki red check came from that third person.

I don't want to reveal them because I stupidly still want to believe them. It's up to them if they want to come forward. If the red check was a lie, it was a real quick one, so I can't rule out redirections or any other kind of fuckery.

I genuinely feel bad for Neki, but I thought we had one for sure. Now I have no idea. I'm hoping my info can help town get on the same page and figure it out. Ask your questions if you've got them.
Yeah I'll ask one. Assuming you're telling the truth why are you protecting potential scum

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
I'm sorry, I thought I could balance my schedule with this game, but it's just not happening. I can't give this game the attention it deserves so I'm going to ask to be replaced out.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017

829116873953509466.png

Well at least that's a claim that can easily be counterclaimed, but if you're in cahoots with ATP and whoever else you were with, one them could be the real Picard. Heck, ATP could've been Picard and you knew it and imprisoned him somewhere so he couldn't counterclaim.

Why the claim now? You only had 2 votes on you. Feeling the pressure?