• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
The game state hasn't changed. We haven't wasted time.

ATP is out of the game and has given you a soft confirm on me being Picard, if you choose to believe it. Let's get a move on with D3.

Where are people going to look?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Omg did you USE word bomb? I'm afraid to technobabble Now. Maybe it's a good thing Geordi is out already.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
so leo dosnt like you
and you told me you were town

who do you think are top 3 scum now?
I don't have scum for you at the moment I have baseless suspicions.

I'm still suspicious of HP because he has a lot of posts and relatively little content outside of outrage. I cannot decide whether the ATP developments make me inclined to reconsider.

I don't like that malus keeps saying he finds LP suspicious but not giving any reasons why.

And because I am a huge fucking hypocrite, I am still not sure about Anex and Blarg but I don't know why so I couldn't tell you if you asked, which makes me a huge fucking hypocrite for the way I'm frowning at malus for not saying why he thinks things.

The Neki red check was actually a parity check - is that the term? Neki and Sneeks were tested against each other. The result came out that their alignment was different. So when Sneeks wakes up dead on D2 as town, well, that's why we went so hard on Neki.
Okay, parity check is double the switch options, and because the idea of switching Sneeks sounded familiar.
Saw as the kill screams framing or switcheroo.

That is true now I look back to D1. I made the judgement call to trust them based on a) their flavour name (we both have costume accounts with our characters)
You were inclined to trust Q?
2C4TVcS.gif

Nov 2, 2017

I'm still suspicious of HP because he has a lot of posts and relatively little content outside of outrage. I cannot decide whether the ATP developments make me inclined to reconsider.

I don't like that malus keeps saying he finds LP suspicious but not giving any reasons why.

And because I am a huge fucking hypocrite, I am still not sure about Anex and Blarg but I don't know why so I couldn't tell you if you asked, which makes me a huge fucking hypocrite for the way I'm frowning at malus for not saying why he thinks things.

Okay, parity check is double the switch options, and because the idea of switching Sneeks sounded familiar.

2C4TVcS.gif
Well I don't know a thing about Star Trek so that explains that lol

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I trusted Q to be a neutral without a mafia team, because Q would never team up with anyone….but not to actually TRUST anything he said.

Still, getting rid of him only damages the numbers, and clears up a full-on green check of bojack, so try something, ok?

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
you guys are sounding like gibberish right now
Omg did you USE word bomb? I'm afraid to technobabble Now. Maybe it's a good thing Geordi is out already.
what are you talking about
answer bojack's question
basically a god yet chooses to coward out by Day 3, lol
blarg help
Have I been hard on you ephidel? do you think i was expecting too much out of you?
why dont we switch roles how about YOU interggroate me on whos scum and my reads

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I will say, ATP I appreciate you not deleting vast swaths of your role PM for us, that was nice of you. I thought altering flips was pure bastard but it seems that is not the case.

With ATP's flip and BoJack's soft confirm we can try a little vote analysis. I'll look into that later.

Unvote

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On N2 I scanned HP and was told he's feeling confident.
This one is much less plausible than the other, per the claimed HP flavor of K'ehlar, who is….only as confident as any other Klingon.

However, scanning Q and getting 'jovial' is too perfect, and Q's flip confirms he (unless he picked what to include) probably doesn't ALSO see scum chat, which is a thing I had wondered, especially since he would only BOTHER picard after winning, which he IS doing lol. So i don't think Ambulance got 'jovial' from being told who ATP was, flavor wise.

So basically I find [player's] claim plausible and will not vote here today.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
yeah ATP did you even read the part where it says you could omit details from your revealed Role PM? Yet you've appeared to dump it fully, what couldn't bring yourself to fuck with us properly? so weak

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ATP posted my red check at his own suggestion, hoping mafia would target him last night, since he knew he'd be leaving and was hoping to do an assist on the way out.

he has been playing purely town aligned from all we can tell, so you should be able to trust his reads as genuine, even if they turn out wrong.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i am sad right now and my brain function isnt that great
so it will be nice if you guys laid off the mixed messages and just be straight with me

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
ATP redirecting Sneeks when her ability targets 2 players is very weird to me, but it's not bastard and we have their flips so I imagine that is a real interaction that could happen.

Nov 2, 2017
i am sad right now and my brain function isnt that great
so it will be nice if you guys laid off the mixed messages and just be straight with me
Sorry about that, what do you need clarifying? It did happen fast, so anything that hasn't come across clearly, anyone can ask.

We're trying to be straight up now. ATP was neutral. I'm Picard, town. Wee is whatever-character-they-are, who I believe is town.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Have I been hard on you ephidel? do you think i was expecting too much out of you?
why dont we switch roles how about YOU interggroate me on whos scum and my reads
No, you weren't expecting too much from me, which is why it's annoying that I can't actually give you something better at the moment.
I don't have any particular desire to interrogate you about your scum reads right this second because I know you'll answer me.
Who else makes you worry though?
This one is much less plausible than the other, per the claimed HP flavor of K'ehlar, who is….only as confident as any other Klingon.
I agree that Jovial is perfect, but I'm side-eying this one.
I don't really remember her that much but was she particularly confident? As I recall she was half Klingon and didn't even like her Klingon side all that much 🤔

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
ATP posted my red check at his own suggestion, hoping mafia would target him last night, since he knew he'd be leaving and was hoping to do an assist on the way out.

he has been playing purely town aligned from all we can tell, so you should be able to trust his reads as genuine, even if they turn out wrong.

pfffft

The game state hasn't changed. We haven't wasted time.

ATP is out of the game and has given you a soft confirm on me being Picard, if you choose to believe it. Let's get a move on with D3.

Where are people going to look?

huh? How's't?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
did ATP screw with you then?
"Each night, you may submit the command Manipulate: Player A, Player B to redirect Player A's action, if they have one, to Player B. This action can not be roleblocked."
He claimed to have used it N1 on sawneeks. I can't be sure he didn't redirect me though.
I don't really remember her that much but was she particularly confident? As I recall she was half Klingon and didn't even like her Klingon side all that much 🤔
That too.
But not as much as B'ellanna.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, we kill HP or LP today? I would like this very much. I'm voting LP right now but am happy with either.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
1. He claimed neutral d1 daytime
2. He claimed he redirected sneeks N1
3. Despite knowing we had a non town in there, I posted results prior to N1 ending, because Picard could pass them on in case of my death.
4. He wasn't allowed to tell us his wincon, but I managed to guess it.
5. He's been hanging around as a ghost annoying the shit out of Jean-Luc
6. I back up Picard's player and flavor - it is a costume account and this is not a bastard game.
7. The red check being messed up is *probably* a result of some mafia casting switch on neki, because if they cast switch on sneeks then she wouldn't be the mafia kill, unless they manipulated that.
8. There may have been a mafia roleblock gone off last night among us.

hmmm

Nov 2, 2017
I know we've monopolised the discussion a bit, so I want to help get back on track.

Anyway, unless someone comes forward, I will continue on the assumption that ATP is the cop that got a fake red somehow, and town is now in further trouble without him.

Neki flipping town puts some people back into the spotlight, that's for sure.
After all this, who's in your spotlight now?

In less than 10 minutes you went from this

To this ?

Vote:LP
If you're going after LP, how do you view their role in the last 2 days?

you and HP are probably right, I wanted to post what SHOULD be obvious before but I felt needed to be said based on the hammer yesterday.

I wonder how if ATP is scum what is up with this weird phantom zone that ATP got sucked into, and if so, also why Neki?
FateShirou you did a no comment vote for neki start of day 2, BoJack Horseman you had a vote on Neki and commented that ATP was right in HP using the Double very suspiciously.

Fate, why did you vote Neki originally? I understand why you didn't change it, red checks need to be checked, but why originally? What was your thinking coming out of day start? Put me in the mind of FateShirou for that brief moment in time.

BoJack, I don't like how you talked up ATP (especially with what looks like a fake red check now, and a Double that is looking more and more like it was town originated). So I'm voting for you right now, because with ATP's hit job on Neki, your vote and reasoning is scummy.

Vote: Bojack
Given what's happened, has this changed your mind? Where would you look now?

Also to Randomless for the same reasons - where do you look now on your big read list?

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
A point about Anex that I haven't expressed yet:

Anex's main defense about behavior he's been called out on as being scummy, is, that the callers-out should know he'd play a better scum game.
He's said this to at least 2 people who've never played with him before: me and someone else who said 'but i've never played with you before'.
why that matters is because he also keeps complaining that the game so far is concentrating too much on meta reads.

ok, he clearly has a dry sense of humour. But i still don't like the using of excuses to avoid game commentary, so i'm stating it.
Important distinction: I suggested that any player of average skill should be expected to play mafia better than that. I'm not automatically assuming everyone must hold a high opinion of me.

Regarding the meta reads, I worry that some may let it cloud their objectivity regarding others' actions within the context of this game. I also see people expressing doubt that player x could be bad y games in a row. While any player within a game is more likely town than mafia, past game alignments don't influence future game alignments. They're independent events. Improbable events can still happen.

I've got to catch up and digest the rest of the going's on in the thread, so I'll be back to address the greater events, but I didn't want to let this hang.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Given what's happened, has this changed your mind? Where would you look now?
Given that you are in the ready room, along with wee, I know that your backing up ATP wasn't part of a scum ploy.

but you two being in there doesn't stop that room from still containing scum. I mean purely speculation, since you are all wearing costumes, your win con could be different than the appearance you are giving in the ready room.

in short, you not lying is good and made me unvote, but while it does confirm at least some portion of your flavor it does not confirm any sort of garaunteed 100% certified fresh town.

let's find and condemn some scum and turn this lean into a full on town core.

or you are locutus of borg masquerading as Picard and leading us all down the primrose path but that's flavor talking.

let's keep being truthful and solve this game

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
or you are locutus of borg masquerading as Picard and leading us all down the primrose path but that's flavor talking.
It isn't a bastard game, and the chat starts and ends with being Haunted by a Neutral that never disappears.

I don't personally see it also being a faked costume by the mod.

Granted this isn't a cop green check, but for me, it's a solid town green check.