• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

HPSauce (4 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #876
Leo - #899
weemadarthur - #1,019
Royal_Flush - #1,147

Blargonaut (3 votes)
Ephidel - #983
A WIld Ambulance Appears - #1,104
Zippedpinhead - #1,128

Neki (2 votes)
FateShirou - #879
BoJack Horseman - #992

Ephidel (1 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,010

Anexanhume (0 votes)
A WIld Ambulance Appears - #912 #1,104

Not voting: malus, Yuta, Blargonaut, Lone_Prodigy, Anexanhume, Neki, HPSauce

Post Counts:
AllThingsPurple: 50 Neki: 50 FateShirou: 44 jman1954goat: 29 Zippedpinhead: 23 Anexanhume: 20 weemadarthur: 20 BoJack Horseman: 18 HPSauce: 16 Leo: 14 Ephidel: 10 Lone_Prodigy: 8 A WIld Ambulance Appears: 7 Blargonaut: 7 malus: 5 Royal_Flush: 3 Yuta: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
ATP is behaving so rude and tunnel-y that I seriously doubt he could be Scum, even if HP flips Town. If he was he's one with quite some balls...

I like Bojack's contributions today. Feel thought through.

Still not convinced on L_P's towniness. He would also be useful info for D1 wagonomics. Could imagine voting there.

I don't remember anything Leo has done. Is that because he hasn't done a lot of note or is he just one of those players I have chronical dementia on (those exist, I don't know why that happens and why only with certain people)

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Your vote is on Blarg, whom we all know walks to the beat of his own drum. And before that you scum read HP for flavour reasons. But sure I'll let you do your town things.
I scum read HP because of his ability in correlation to flavour. It doesn't make sense. Flavour being not an alignment indicator is most of the time but there are enough games with this group now where a frank discussion of flavour could have eliminated scum.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Your vote is on Blarg, whom we all know walks to the beat of his own drum. And before that you scum read HP for flavour reasons. But sure I'll let you do your town things.
I scum read HP because of his ability in correlation to flavour. It doesn't make sense. Flavour being not an alignment indicator is most of the time but there are enough games with this group now where a frank discussion of flavour could have eliminated scum.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Of the three I wanted to focus on today, two haven't voted yet (malus, LP). Sometimes, I view holding back as somewhat scum like as people try to take the temperature of the room. The post output has also been low though, so it doesn't feel like they're trying to socialize their votes. I had problems with Ephidel yesterday, and while the post content quality has improved today, I view a vote on Blarg as having a large uncertainty factor due to Blarg's posting habits. It's not hard to read the behavior you want to out of his unorthodox posts

Therefore, I am Vote: Ephidel for now, but would happily vote for malus or LP, even if only to encourage participation more.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Okay so I've been sitting on something because I wanted to get some useful info before derailing the day. Pretty much everyone has weighed in but yuta and blarg so I think its time..

FkNe.gif

I have a red check on Neki.

Vote: Neki

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear I swapped to LP to make it a viable wagon again, because I didn't feel alright with the Launch train and it was my intention to get people to vote there. That's different to going completely off wagon to someone that had 0 votes on them.
And yes, Zipped is in my lean Scum pile.
Other things that might make that wagon more viable would be shared thoughts on why you think we should be looking there.

What about LP interests you?
Tone? Post content? Vote movement? Other people?

ATP has been helpful after giving up his obstructive behavior. He could be town, or I could have helped him improve his scum game no end, you're welcome community.
Could you give me an example of a few of things that make you think ATP is being more helpful now?

I mean, I appreciate having multiple trains for better wagonomics as much as the next guy, but you should be somewhat upfront about it. This kinda reads like you feel responsible for the Launch launch (wordplay shamelessly stolen) and try to not have it blow up in your face.

Also, if you didn't have feelings about the back then main trains, did you have strong feelings about Launch? because why would you want to stop the Launch train of you also don't feel all the other trains are significantly better?
Would you believe me if I said "I didn't have strong feelings there until I did", because that's pretty much it. I wasn't sure how I felt there past wary, and I was comfortable voting for him right up until I was sitting there and realised I wasn't and that losing someone who actually has the ability to get people to talk to each other and listen to him (admittedly, one of the reasons I tend towards wary) so early would probably be bad.

And now without him I'm probably going to feel the need to do more things, but that line of thought is probably retroactive.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I've been sitting on something because I wanted to get some useful info before derailing the day. Pretty much everyone has weighed in but yuta and blarg so I think its time..

FkNe.gif

Wow, this is a very ambitious play ATP. If this is the path you want to go down, then I won't stop you. All I ask is town give me a couple of hours to process my final thoughts and reads on the game before you turbo vote me off if ATP is being serious here. I'm thinking of multiple ways you could construe this from paranoia cop, role switcher or tailor but it's hard to say.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this is a very ambitious play ATP. If this is the path you want to go down, then I won't stop you. All I ask is town give me a couple of hours to process my final thoughts and reads on the game before you turbo vote me off if ATP is being serious here. I'm thinking of multiple ways you could construe this from paranoia cop, role switcher or tailor but it's hard to say.
Er…..2 of those 3 things are bastard by definition….this isn't a bastard game.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to answer of course, but I have to ask. What made you decide to go with him?
You didn't say much about him during the day itself, what flagged? His EOD actions?

Consider me voting here in spirit while I wait to see what Neki comes back with.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

FkNe.gif

Just so I don't make a similar mistake as before and infer incorrectly from context, can you confirm a red check means you've confirmed mafia via a night check?

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Can we not turbo me before I finish typing all this out? The least you could do is give me the ability to write out what I want before you turbo me.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Neki (6 votes)
FateShirou - #879
BoJack Horseman - #992
AllThingsPurple - #1,156
A WIld Ambulance Appears - #1,159
Zippedpinhead - #1,170
Anexanhume - #1,171

HPSauce (3 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #876 #1,156
Leo - #899
weemadarthur - #1,019
Royal_Flush - #1,147

Blargonaut (1 votes)
Ephidel - #983
A WIld Ambulance Appears - #1,104 #1,159
Zippedpinhead - #1,128 #1,170

Ephidel (1 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,010
Anexanhume - #1,155 #1,171

Anexanhume (0 votes)
A WIld Ambulance Appears - #912 #1,104

Not voting: malus, Yuta, Blargonaut, Lone_Prodigy, Neki, HPSauce

Post Counts:
AllThingsPurple: 55 Neki: 53 FateShirou: 44 jman1954goat: 29 Zippedpinhead: 26 Anexanhume: 23 weemadarthur: 23 BoJack Horseman: 18 HPSauce: 16 Leo: 14 Ephidel: 13 Lone_Prodigy: 8 A WIld Ambulance Appears: 8 Blargonaut: 7 malus: 5 Royal_Flush: 4 Yuta: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Neki how many hours do you want? I'm just curious how long it takes the rest of scum chat to determine a path forward with a revealed character.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm almost done, it shouldn't be long. Some people really haven't checked in yet but the turbo decision is up to the town, not me.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Fate's vote is clean as he's been on Neki all game. Bojack's vote was between Neki and HP. If HP also flips scum, look there.

Ambulance also voted pretty quickly.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the votes before the red check, I wonder if scum decided to prop up HP as the sacrificial offering if necessary, but try to run interference on other targets in the meantime. Like, Blarg had 3 votes for being Blarg.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
HP: He's been very disengaged from the game, I'm not sure he is acting as discouraged town or lay-lowing scum He has really made any pushes on anyone else to try to prove his innocence and hasn't really evaluated anything day 2. While not far from his regular gameplay, hard to say if this is a scum or town lean. Once again, panicked or poor town play is not indicative of scum. If you flip him and he is scum, please do not shotgun easy reads under the pretense of him getting defended D1. It's more likely some town are willing to defend someone D1 than scum when scum!HP and his team could have told to confirm his role earlier and easily could have saved himself the grief of going to EoD with 5 minutes left. I find it unlikely that HP or ATP are teamed at this point. Null read. Please consider that the scum team is more than one person even if HP ends up being scum and you can't have him be the focal point of discussion every day.

ATP: Given his play has been abrasive and confrontational, I find it hard to believe that it is scum. However, tunneling is NAI because I've seen scum tunnel on town before (MGS Mafia) so just because someone is purposely being obtuse or short-sighted does not give them a town lean. The red check on me is odd given I know I am town so I'm thinking of ways this could make sense. Role switcher, randomizer, tailor, paranoia modifier is what comes to mind but given it's role madness and bastard, only the first two could apply properly. Maybe a neutral win condition to get a rival voted off? Regardless of what I flip, the amount of scum still in the game has not gone down. I have to say he's either wrong or scum given I know my alignment.

Zipped: Seems completely tunneled on HP but I feel the tunnel is more genuine than what ATP did with HP. Hopefully Zipped looks elsewhere besides HP and Blarg because those are two low hanging fruit that any scum could make for a case at any time. I do not like the off-wagon vote on D1 and I feel like it's an easy spot to hide but zipped always has very weird off wagon town votes so it's hard to say, null read

Leo: I like that he's solving and that he's not tunneling on me or HP alone. Please continue doing so. Slight town lean

Ephi: Her EoD at D1 was bad in my eyes, the vote switching on different wagons screams scum rather than town to me. Town should be afraid to jump wagons at the risk of looking bad especially given there was no reasoning and just straight votes. The jumpy votes at EoD makes it harder for town to coordinate and makes other town uneasy. Easy to explain in hindsight what was being done but I still don't like it. The D2 hasn't been much better, asking other people questions comes off as busy work to me. Scum lean. Doesn't feel like genuine solving. Scum lean.

Anex: I like where anex is looking right now and agreeing with a lot of the reads regarding HP. At least we're not voting out HP today so that's a positive on that front. I also heavily agree with the argument that it's unlikely that all of the scum came to the defense of HP at EoD and it was more likely town moving votes. Slight town lean.

Ambulance: I like his posts but there's not enough for me to say he's confidently town. It's very with the flow and very safe play from him so far and maybe it's because the scum are really that obvious? Who knows but I have him as null in my mind. The play is way too safe for me to say otherwise.

Wee: I like the push on LP even if I don't 100% agree with it. I find it hard to believe both are teamed at the moment. Felt too much guesswork on the whole TvT vote wagons and defending of HP. I think it's more likely scum were planted early on the wagons or are hiding off wagon rather than the people moving at EoD (Blarg being an exception). Null read at the moment.

Bojack: Much more active than the last game we played together (especially on D2) but felt like he was tunneling too hard on me. Very easy to probe the person under the most pressure and try to find holes in their stories. Felt like he was asking questions, getting an answer and then asking more questions in hopes of finding something I said was contradictory to what I had wrote and not really listening to what I had to say. Slight scum lean.

Malus: Much better D2 and his frantic vote movement onto the LP wagon which was not gaining steam comes off much more genuine as panicked town movement compared to Ephi. I suppose look at HP's flip and see if Malus movement makes in sense with conjunction with that? Town lean.

Jman: Playing some weird game with the whole role claim thig. Don't think the vote info and post info is enough to make a solid read on his alignment. His EoD for D1 was bad though. Null read.

LP: Honestly this LP seems more helpful than when I saw when he was scum!LP. Some reads, some pushes and less mechanics/discussions talk and less asking questions busy work.
Slight town lean, not teamed with Wee.

Yuta: Still MIA, still no real reads or info. Just a slight D1 push on Sneeks and a lazy vote switch to Blarg. Anyone can vote for Blarg because Blarg always acts anti-town regardless of his alignment. That's not solving. Comes off very disinterested in the outcome of the game. Scum lean.

Blarg: Blarg is Blarg, should have policy voted him out D1 if you don't want to deal with it. If we don't do that, then voting him out on D2 or D3 is dumb because we have much better info to go on besides Blarg being Blarg. If we don't then someone should have checked him N1 so we don't have to deal with him being anti-town as town.
Alignment: Blarg

Royal_Flush: I don't agree any of his reads on re-read besides the Ephi one. Doesn't really feel like solving to me at this point but he has so little info to go off of I can't make a real read on it. Null read.

Fate: Comes off as town, he's always this angry and aggressive and tunnely as town in all the games I've been with him. I haven't read any of his games where he's scum so maybe he's always like this. I'll give him a town read though.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
That's all I have to say on the matter, carry on with what you wanted to do.

Vote: Ephi

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Well, that's a lot of effort that will get tossed in the trash if/when Neki flips mafia. I guess there's not much else of a gambit to run outside a role claim, though.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's a lot of effort that will get tossed in the trash if/when Neki flips mafia. I guess there's not much else of a gambit to run outside a role claim, though.
It's no gambit, you guys have to vote me off regardless to test ATP's claim. Faking a red check on can be done late into a mafia game but faking a red check on D2 is unheard of. It's the right play.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Turbo me, I really want to see if I flip scum. When ATP red checked me I had to triple check my alignment to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. If I flip scum this game is gonna be even more fun. If I flip town it's gonna be boring.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
HPSauce
What are your current thoughts on LP and Malus?
Yeah I'm only asking this because aside from Launch they were the other leading trains at EoD but I want to get your thoughts on something other than ATP and that seems as good a place as any to start.
I know you asked what Fate thought of LP yesterday but I don't think you ever gave your opinions there.

Is there anyone you feel good about today?
LP always pings me as scummy due to his playstyle it's certainly a blind spot for me. I'd be willing to vote there I suppose but I don't know how much of that is my own preconceived bias vs actual posts from LP

I felt pretty bad about Malus in Day 1 but I feel they've stepped their play up a bit today. They're somebody I'm keeping my eye on for the time being.

Right now I'm solidly townreading Fate, Wee, Bojack, Ambulance and Jman. I suppose I'd have to begrudgingly town read ATP too if he's right about Neki.