Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Alexem he was always against voting for. If he's scum, he gets good cred post flip for not lunching a townie. Coolest is actively anti-town, no one would question a Coolest vote at this point as an alignment tell. And I had about 4 players who were thinking I was scummy at various points in the day. Jman, Uzzy, Coolest and Launchpad. Out of those 4, it's very unlikely that Launchpad would get heat for his vote on me post flip when Uzzy and Coolest already have quite a few eyes on them for how they're playing.
I'm going to disregard Coolest here, between Uzzy and launch who are you more wary of? From your post, it sounds like there could have been a concerted effort made to push you if both of them were scum, but there wasn't.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I think I feel comfortable enough now to do this.

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

There's been something bugging me about Launchpad's play for most of the game now and I think I've figured out what it is.

It's very cautious. Look at where his votes went on D1, they always go for players where there's a general consensus that they're acting scummy. His first serious vote was on Vere for reasons he's never actually followed up on, and with Fran flipping you'd think he'd be a bit more suspect of Vere considering his first vote on Vere was based on how Vere interacted with Fran.

His next votes were on me after there seemed to be a general consensus that my behavior and playstyle seemed scummy. If I were to flip, who'd blame him for voting me? I looked scummy to everyone, right? Same with the switch to Coolest. Coolest's behavior was seen by pretty much everyone as anti-town so why would anyone look at him if Coolest flips town?

He was also staunchly against the Alexem wagon, choosing to town read him through the whole day phase. A nice little boost to his town cred post flip.

And today he's spent his time throwing shade at Natiko before backing off that so not to be seen as a leader in pushing any wagon against Natiko. Which I weird considering yesterday Natiko was at the top of Launchpad's reads list. Why come into D1 throwing shade at Natiko and not push the players who you leaned scum or null on yesterday?

It all seems off to me, and I'd be very comfortable seeing Launchpad's flip today.
How does his vote on Vere fit in with the others given Vere was not a consensus scum read, and really it was only Fran that pushed against Vere much at that stage? What makes Launch's arguably safe votes worse than other players that have done the same? Alexem had only ever voted for you and Brazil, two votes Launch also took part in, and we saw how that ended.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
How does his vote on Vere fit in with the others given Vere was not a consensus scum read, and really it was only Fran that pushed against Vere much at that stage? What makes Launch's arguably safe votes worse than other players that have done the same? Alexem had only ever voted for you and Brazil, two votes Launch also took part in, and we saw how that ended.
I think Vere could be a bus vote.

It's the votes mixed with his defense of Alexem through the whole D1 process. Most players, including Alexem himself, conceded that my point about him and Fran was fair, but it didn't ever cross Launch's mind to even consider putting a vote there. A vote there would be risky for him as it was being led by me, a player who has garnered a bit of suspicion.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
You have it backwards. Seeing Uzzy as scum makes me more wary about Nat, and that's mainly because of the awkward transition from distrust to top town that happens in mid D1 from Uzzy. Of course it could very much be like what you say and she backed off from a strong town player. It also isn't proof of Nat being scum, but it's a connection I'll come back to if Uzzy flips scum.

If you look at the votes or yesterday's posts then you'll see that Coolest dropped off Brazil to put steam on Alexem. By now, we know Fran followed him to Alexem (now the lead) because it didn't matter to him who got clapped, but Coolest is an interesting coincidence. Given his general disinterest in scum hunting, why move off Brazil to Alex. It's possible it was done to protect Brazil, while it's also possible it was Coolest just being erratic once again. But if Brazil were scum then...that's a point of thought for why Coolest switched up the votes.
Ah ok. I don't think I agree as of right now, but I can kind of see it. Given Natiko has been pressing harder Uzzy today, also, I would be inclined to have a second look depending on whether one of them flips scum. There's a possibility of trying to compensate for the lack of follow-through on Uzzy's part yesterday.

I'm still slightly town-reading Natiko, but I'm just conjecturing.

It all seems off to me, and I'd be very comfortable seeing Launchpad's flip today.
You said you'd be comfortable seeing my flip today, how does that open up the board for you if I come up town or scum? Where would you go from my flip?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also shouldn't be a shock to anyone that Fran died due to being the least boat-rocky, which makes sense given the role. Heavy doubts that scum knew Fran was neutral so I'm guessing they were going for the tried and true method of killing off people who weren't in anyone's crosshairs. But why Fran instead of, say, Uzzy, or jman? Perhaps Fran was onto something as well

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

It's the votes mixed with his defense of Alexem through the whole D1 process. Most players, including Alexem himself, conceded that my point about him and Fran was fair, but it didn't ever cross Launch's mind to even consider putting a vote there. A vote there would be risky for him as it was being led by me, a player who has garnered a bit of suspicion.
Why would a bus vote be necessary so early in the day? In a game this small with 1 neutral already being shown, it's very generous to say there are three scum and pushing your partner over a long series of posts does not seem like a great idea.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Also shouldn't be a shock to anyone that Fran died due to being the least boat-rocky, which makes sense given the role. Heavy doubts that scum knew Fran was neutral so I'm guessing they were going for the tried and true method of killing off people who weren't in anyone's crosshairs. But why Fran instead of, say, Uzzy, or jman? Perhaps Fran was onto something as well
I'm going to have to ask you to think I'm stupid and stop being cryptic.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Why would a bus vote be necessary so early in the day? In a game this small with 1 neutral already being shown, it's very generous to say there are three scum and pushing your partner over a long series of posts does not seem like a great idea.
I don't know, it's not a smart idea. But he hasn't bothered following up on you at all for the rest of the game. Out of all the players in the game who are active he and you have had the least amount of noticeable interactions.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have to ask you to think I'm stupid and stop being cryptic.
Fran, Uzzy, and jman were all relatively safe in terms of votes and/or suspicion. I'm trying to figure out why choose Fran over the others. I think Fran wasn't making any waves in terms of being killed by town but may have nudged the scum hornet's nest somewhere when opting to investigate Brazil and questioning Coolest. I'm leaning towards the latter both due to my own personal bias and because on the surface it seems unlikely that scum would allow Brazil to get so high up in the votes, but there's always the chance that it was out of their hands. I need to re-examine the votes

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It should also be noted that whenever scum question my motives I view them with Tucker Carlson face

5723_0Ilvcmaj00

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Fran, Uzzy, and jman were all relatively safe in terms of votes and/or suspicion. I'm trying to figure out why choose Fran over the others. I think Fran wasn't making any waves in terms of being killed by town but may have nudged the scum hornet's nest somewhere when opting to investigate Brazil and questioning Coolest. I'm leaning towards the latter both due to my own personal bias and because on the surface it seems unlikely that scum would allow Brazil to get so high up in the votes, but there's always the chance that it was out of their hands. I need to re-examine the votes
Well, perhaps. Is it possible though that they wanted to hit a high poster that likely wouldn't get protection?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't think so. Fran was dead center in the middle of potential post count. If that were the case, jman seems like a better target.
Perhaps. In other words, you feel we should look into the reads/posts he had because he might have been shot because they were too close to comfort.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
That's how I'm rolling.
Right okay....

Anyway, speaking of playing cautiously.

VOTE: Uzzy

I've had less time to read things thoroughly this phase, but now that I have, I am finding Uzzy to be pretty scummy. I was already very suspicious of the way she's been really hesitant to give definitive reads or press others strongly past a few questions. Aside from not posting much, last day phase I mentioned that her posts felt very calculated so as not to give away too much of what she's thinking. It all feels performative, but not wanting to go in deep enough that she gets herself into trouble with anyone.

Kicking off today, Uzzy's CoolestSpot vote feels too opportunistic. My theory is that Fran was killed to give his last words regarding Maol and Coolest validity, scum not knowing that Fran was neutral. Whether or not Maol refuted it was irrelevant, because there was enough to sow some seeds of doubt. Coolest already had a lot of heat coming out of D1, so it might have seemed like it would be an easy lynch. Fran flips neutral and town does not pay much attention to Fran's last message. However, Coolest is still pretty easy pickings at this point, and so Uzzy presses the point anyway. This really weak posturing here lines up with her having given Fran's post about Maol and Coolest some thought:

I am still suspicious but I am more suspicious of CoolestSpot right now. This could change when they post. I'm open to persuasion.
To address the two voters on Coolest right now, I don't think Jman and Uzzy are scum together, because that kind of concerted effort to vote on Coolest is too obvious and it does not feel coordinated. I'm also not really particularly suspicious of Jman, even though that narrative above would align for him, too. I'm looking at Uzzy because of all the impressions I am getting from her, not just the CoolestSpot vote.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Uzzy (2 votes)
Natiko - #586
LaunchpadMcQ - #628

CoolestSpot (2 votes)
jman1954goat - #573
Uzzy - #574

LaunchpadMcQ (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #594

Not voting: Z-Beat, CoolestSpot, Brazil, Verelios

Post Counts:
Verelios: 23 Maolfunction: 18 Natiko: 17 Uzzy: 13 LaunchpadMcQ: 12 jman1954goat: 10 Z-Beat: 10 Brazil: 5 CoolestSpot: 1

Current Countdown:
t8d5y57s9h

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Right okay....

Anyway, speaking of playing cautiously.

VOTE: Uzzy

I've had less time to read things thoroughly this phase, but now that I have, I am finding Uzzy to be pretty scummy. I was already very suspicious of the way she's been really hesitant to give definitive reads or press others strongly past a few questions. Aside from not posting much, last day phase I mentioned that her posts felt very calculated so as not to give away too much of what she's thinking. It all feels performative, but not wanting to go in deep enough that she gets herself into trouble with anyone.

Kicking off today, Uzzy's CoolestSpot vote feels too opportunistic. My theory is that Fran was killed to give his last words regarding Maol and Coolest validity, scum not knowing that Fran was neutral. Whether or not Maol refuted it was irrelevant, because there was enough to sow some seeds of doubt. Coolest already had a lot of heat coming out of D1, so it might have seemed like it would be an easy lynch. Fran flips neutral and town does not pay much attention to Fran's last message. However, Coolest is still pretty easy pickings at this point, and so Uzzy presses the point anyway. This really weak posturing here lines up with her having given Fran's post about Maol and Coolest some thought:

To address the two voters on Coolest right now, I don't think Jman and Uzzy are scum together, because that kind of concerted effort to vote on Coolest is too obvious and it does not feel coordinated. I'm also not really particularly suspicious of Jman, even though that narrative above would align for him, too. I'm looking at Uzzy because of all the impressions I am getting from her, not just the CoolestSpot vote.

Hmm, it's an obvious move to make, and you'll likely get support from others (especially Verelios), thus saving yourself from the chop if people fall behind Maol.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not as convinced since Launch's town read of Alexem started before the train had really gained steam, so it doesn't feel quite as opportunistic and calculated as you're presenting it. Launch did jump around between Coolest and Brazil later on which could be seen as easy votes to make, but he also telegraphed those in advance of day end as well so they weren't entirely opportunistic either. The point you're making isn't entirely invalid, but the progression from Launch doesn't feel forced so I'm not there on this read.

If you flip scum, I think Vere is your partner.

If you flip town, I'd have to reexamine the board.
Just due to the vote or is there more?

How was Fran the "least boat-rocky"? That would have been you. You received one vote all phase, were fairly inactive, and voted off wagon. Fran was at least more discussed than you and also left more to look back upon.

Stuff like this is super WIFOM. Scum have all kinds of different approaches, and I feel like it's pretty infrequent that someone is NKed explicitly because they're narrowing in on scum. I doubt Fran said anything D1 that spooked scum that much.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How was Fran the "least boat-rocky"? That would have been you. You received one vote all phase, were fairly inactive, and voted off wagon. Fran was at least more discussed than you and also left more to look back upon.
To many of you my inaction was boat rocky in and of itself

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Jman1954goat's Scooby-Doo Mafia Day 1 Investigation Summary

All right I spent my time last night looking through the 20 pages of Scooby-Doo mafia ( nov 20-23 2019) where coolest spot was a major player in day 1. after
observing coolestspot's Behavior and that of those around him i believe I have greater understanding of him as a player.

Here i what i learned
1- maolfunction was telling the truth about spectating scooby-Doo

Ok this was the easy one took like 2 seconds to see maolfunction was an active poster in the spectator thread. He no doubt defended Cool yesterday because he witnessed first hand the insanity that is coolestspot. Maolfunction defending Cool feels NAI at the moment.

2- Fanto used to go by a different name.

This has nothing at all to do with our game of mafia just an interesting "you learn something new everyday" fact for me.

3- Coolestspot never helps town win he is a player who prioritizes 'Fun" over actually trying to scum hunt in any meaningful way.

Alright this is the meat of the post first I am going to recap what happened in Scooby-Doo. Day 1 started like most day 1's go lots of meme's followed by some wild guesses coolestspot had a lot of post during this portion (mostly jokes not really helping much) and was a decently high poster.(something they clearly are not this game.)

A few people started to collect votes when suddenly toward the end of the day Fran died shot dead by a day vigilante. Coolestspot apologized for killing fran almost immediately (coolestspot did not kill fran.) Maybe this was bait to find out what really happened to Fran?(spoilers it was not) Then EzekelRAGE the real VIG owned up to the Bad shot Coolestspot then Doubled down for absolutely no reason he made up a convoluted Fake role claim that could not have benefited town at all. Cool said he used his abilty to kill Fran at the exact same time as Ezekel. Then said he was nuetral with a kill abilty further confusing town.

Coolestspot WAS VANILLA TOWN !!!!!!!! Also he claimed some crazy trap a player in a box ability in a normal game it was not even role madness.

Coolestspot got voted out that game for his crazy play but what stuck out was the response of others in the thread. Nobody was suprised this was coolestspots M.O. Turmoil7 did not believe there claim at all because this was just "Coolsestspot being Coolestspot." multiple town wanted to policy lynch because cool is a big distraction and never helps town at all.

Coolestspot actively hurts town with his play he seems like a selfish player that prioritizes His own personal fun with moves that clearly hurt town on purpose instead of helping his team win mafia.

4-Never policy lynch coolestspot.

Multiple people in that game made a mistake I now know not to make they knew coolestspot plays wild multiple people thought he was probably town playing like a madman as usual yet they could not help themselves and voted him to lunch anyway losing a member of town. To all future mafia players Don't go for the policy lunch no matter what shenanigans Coolest tries to pull.

Conclusion
Alright so you read my entire post discovered or have been reminded of Coolestspot's Unorthodox playstyle and have seen the reason why policy votes on coolestspot is not the smartest play. I know what your thinking but Jman why are you voting for him if you think Wild coolestspot is town? Easy because I don't recognize The coolestspot I read in Scooby-Doo or the Infamous Myth the Legend described to me by others with history with him.

Yes I am saying Cool is playing to mild this game he is being to safe. Yesterday barely registers on the antics coolestspot is capable of. A Few vote swaps without explanation stands out for the average player(which is were yesterday's suspicion came from.) But now I believe the opposite this is just coolestspot trying to seem unpredictable trying to act like himself but I don't buy it.

My vote was a test one coolest is Failing hard I would immediately remove my vote if I saw regular cool. where's the fake roleclaims? wheres the strong anti-town energy? why are you so calm this game?

Everything I read about coolest leads me to believe he is about having a fun time in mafia and this game has been very quiet so far. I just can't believe cool would not stir up some excitement himself by this point day 2 my biggest theory is he has scum chat to keep him entertained?

Well there you have it the results of the first official Jman1954goat investigation. Thoughts? ( I am going yo copyright Jman1954goat Investigation please do not steal.)

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not as convinced since Launch's town read of Alexem started before the train had really gained steam, so it doesn't feel quite as opportunistic and calculated as you're presenting it. Launch did jump around between Coolest and Brazil later on which could be seen as easy votes to make, but he also telegraphed those in advance of day end as well so they weren't entirely opportunistic either. The point you're making isn't entirely invalid, but the progression from Launch doesn't feel forced so I'm not there on this read.
His defense of Alexem came after it was already established that I looked suspicious by a number of players. He wouldn't want to touch that wagon regardless if it picked up steam or not, he doesn't want to align himself with me.

Just due to the vote or is there more?
There's a bit more but it's super tenuous and depends mostly on Launch's flip.

Launchpad- I don't agree with them on some game approaches but they've been consistently active in scum hunting and asking questions whenever necessary. Even if I'm wrong, with the amount he posts it should be easy to see if there's ever a contradiction.

That, "even if I'm wrong" bit. It's weird, this is Vere putting Launch on his town lean reads, but he's already posturing a defense of himself if someone else notices a contradiction in Launch's posts. Vere doesn't do this with any of his other reads, only Launch's. It stands out to me.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
So you're not thinking about self-preservation? Like at all? Weird.

There's only you, CoolestSpot and myself who have any votes so far, and your post voted for me and defended CoolestSpot.
Luanchpad's post are coming off a little defensive I don't fully buy that there's not some self preservation going on at the same time
Would this same logic not apply to you Uzzy? you definitely seem like somebody trying to shift attention fast.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
There's a bit more but it's super tenuous and depends mostly on Launch's flip.

That, "even if I'm wrong" bit. It's weird, this is Vere putting Launch on his town lean reads, but he's already posturing a defense of himself if someone else notices a contradiction in Launch's posts. Vere doesn't do this with any of his other reads, only Launch's. It stands out to me.
Disagree here, there was no reason for me to bring attention to it if I wanted to protect myself. It would have been easier to retract that and just leave the first half, no one would question it. I'm just saying that he posts his thoughts a lot in regards to current topics, even in comparison to other top posters. It's much easier to go back and see if he ever contradicts himself.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
His defense of Alexem came after it was already established that I looked suspicious by a number of players. He wouldn't want to touch that wagon regardless if it picked up steam or not, he doesn't want to align himself with me.
For whatever it's worth, as the day was going, I was looking for folks to tell me about your playstyle because I was not sure about my vote on you based on the posts you'd been making. I was able to reconsider you down to a null read from slight scum based on what others had to say. I was not considering who was voting for Alexem at all at the point I changed my vote. I was just sticking with my read on Alexem.

So you're not thinking about self-preservation? Like at all? Weird.

There's only you, CoolestSpot and myself who have any votes so far, and your post voted for me and defended CoolestSpot.
I'm not saying at all, but we're 25 hours from day end and I have one vote.

I'm not really defending Coolest. I'm null leaning scum with him right now. I think he was all over the place yesterday and made some bad votes at the end, and I'm not too fond of his playstyle. But I think he's harder to read since based on others' testimony, he just acts this way. You seem to be acting a little more predictably.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just saying that he posts his thoughts a lot in regards to current topics, even in comparison to other top posters.
I just don't think this is true. Most of his comments don't actually reveal what he's actually thinking about players unless a consensus has already been reached on them.

Even with Uzzy, Natiko is already on board there and you have Uzzy listed in your scum reads and while less reliable, Coolest also wanted to shift to Uzzy at the end of the day phase. That's 4 votes and you only need 5 for a majority. That's almost a majority consensus on Uzzy's alignment.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't think this is true. Most of his comments don't actually reveal what he's actually thinking about players unless a consensus has already been reached on them.

Even with Uzzy, Natiko is already on board there and you have Uzzy listed in your scum reads and while less reliable, Coolest also wanted to shift to Uzzy at the end of the day phase. That's 4 votes and you only need 5 for a majority. That's almost a majority consensus on Uzzy's alignment.
That was my impression, but I haven't gone back to re-read launch so you may be right. Can you post some more examples?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
For whatever it's worth, as the day was going, I was looking for folks to tell me about your playstyle because I was not sure about my vote on you based on the posts you'd been making. I was able to reconsider you down to a null read from slight scum based on what others had to say. I was not considering who was voting for Alexem at all at the point I changed my vote. I was just sticking with my read on Alexem.
But that's not true. Roughly six hours from EoD you still had me as your scummiest read and only backed down due to "trusting reads from other players." You never mentioned moving me down to a null read.

Maolfunction - I would say Maolfunction's behavior is standing out to me the most right now as being anti-town, but it's still a very slight scum read on him. I'm a little unsure because on one side, this type of attitude playstyle has aligned with scum for me in the past, but at the same time, this is just WIFOM at its core. I'm comfortable leaving my vote on him for now in lieu of any better options.

ok, this CoolestSpot vote is not going anywhere and I don't want to have a tie. I'm going to trust the rest of the room the Maol read and not go back there. I don't want to vote for Fran or Alexem. Brazil is the next highest vote count I think is suspect.

VOTE: Brazil

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Luanchpad's post are coming off a little defensive I don't fully buy that there's not some self preservation going on at the same time
Would this same logic not apply to you Uzzy? you definitely seem like somebody trying to shift attention fast.

Given that the only roles we know for certain are our own and the dead, yes I would want to survive to the end, as that's the only way my side wins. That would surely apply to everyone.

I don't see anything wrong with self preservation, but voting for me when there's already others willing to kill me off feels wrong to me at least. I'm at least going to question it.

I'm not saying at all, but we're 25 hours from day end and I have one vote.

I'm not really defending Coolest. I'm null leaning scum with him right now. I think he was all over the place yesterday and made some bad votes at the end, and I'm not too fond of his playstyle. But I think he's harder to read since based on others' testimony, he just acts this way. You seem to be acting a little more predictably.

I mean, this feels pretty defensive of Coolest, at least in the 'don't vote for him just yet' way.

There's a lot of time left, and I still want to hear from Coolest. Maybe they play this wild in every game, but that's still problematic regardless of which side he's on.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Given that the only roles we know for certain are our own and the dead, yes I would want to survive to the end, as that's the only way my side wins. That would surely apply to everyone.

I don't see anything wrong with self preservation, but voting for me when there's already others willing to kill me off feels wrong to me at least. I'm at least going to question it.

I mean, this feels pretty defensive of Coolest, at least in the 'don't vote for him just yet' way.

There's a lot of time left, and I still want to hear from Coolest. Maybe they play this wild in every game, but that's still problematic regardless of which side he's on.
re read my conclusion section I am voting coolest because they are not as wild as normal this game his post are actually tame for him

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
But that's not true. Roughly six hours from EoD you still had me as your scummiest read and only backed down due to "trusting reads from other players." You never mentioned moving me down to a null read.
I mean, I haven't posted many reads at all today, but that last post you quoted implies as much, so does unvoting you in the first place.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
You're leaning scum on Coolest but are currently voting the player he wanted everyone to jump to at the end of D1?
Yeah, that's right. Sometimes I can see enough suspicious actions to scumread a group of players, but I'm not getting that this time. Not yet, at least. The folks I'm scumreading are based on the individual's actions. Right now, my read on Uzzy feels the strongest, so I'm going after that.