• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
this snarky comment is making me vote Jeb! next election
clinton-trump-jeb-undecided-0-or-ak-nd-mn-10-6280972.png

2020 make it happen

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The dictionary definition of "mob" is "a large crowd of people."
Any positive or negative connotation there is being supplied by the reader.

Oh that's bullshit. You know what you are doing by using that word instead of calling them protesters.

Edit: "Alt account". Predictable outcome.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. That's why it's so funny. If you see somebody at a diner get yelled at and decide you no longer want to be a Democrat, you never were. Not when Trump is President and doing something dastardly daily while Republicans enable and cover for him on the world stage. It's a joke.

Now if your take a way is "well I don't approve, but, I can't seem to care when kids are in cages" then ok, we can talk.
right? Trump orders kids to be separated from their parents and put in cages. no reaction.
A few angry protestors interrupt politicians at dinner. outrage.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, forgive me if the current political climate of mail bombs and mass shootings by incels and white nationalists has left me a little insensitive toward some guy on Fox News who feeds Nazi talking points directly into the president's head whenever he watches his show.
I mean I get it. Political tensions in the US are at an all time high. All this shit makes my blood boil too. I'm just uncomfortable with it.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I agree wholeheartedly. I mean, it's okay to be angry about what some of these idiots like Carlson say and do, but threats of violence or harassing him at his home is not the way to go about things. If we go down that path, it will just escalate until it gets out of control. Lines will get blurred and it only make it more difficult to get people to see the truth.

The fact of the matter is everyone has someone to answer to. Contact his sponsors. Contact Twitter. Help educate on issues that will lead people away from him. Take away his god damn voice. There's so many things that can be done to take down these nazi assholes without stooping to their levels.
People here don't care. They want blood. This thread will go the way it always will. People will say why they understand why people are pissed but violence/stalking people's homes aren't the answer. People will then accuse those people while doubling down on their "wouldn't mind if he got killed" or other outlandish statements. (Maybe not said in this thread yet but give it time)

A mod will come in, ban a few people and lock the thread saying this is embarrassing and they would be a thousand percent correct because we should be better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a pointless act, what do people hope to achieve with this?

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
"Evil?" Jesus.
Like... Seriously. Back up a second and think about what you're saying.
evil (ēˈvəl)

• adj.
    Morally bad or wrong; wicked: an evil tyrant.
  • adj.
    Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful: the evil effects of a poor diet.
  • adj.
    Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous: evil omens.

Can't argue with a dictionary. Time to pack it up.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
what do you know you're an alt-account i'm fucking shocked
And I really felt bad because I was "putting a looooooot of words in their mouth". Guess I can feel better now.

evil (ēˈvəl)

• adj.
    Morally bad or wrong; wicked: an evil tyrant.
  • adj.
    Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful: the evil effects of a poor diet.
  • adj.
    Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous: evil omens.

Can't argue with a dictionary. Time to pack it up.

It's only ok to use words like that when it is describing liberals, apparently. Angry mobs are ok, evil isn't. We must call them "morally challenged".

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
In public, at a restaurant or the movies? Absolutely not. You see him out, you give him a piece of your mind. But his house? Do you know his home address? I sure don't. That isn't publicly available information. Do we wanna give some nutjob a quid pro quo reason to show up at say, Rachel Maddow's home to "protest"? No, we don't. Or at least we shouldn't.

Rachel Maddow is not a white supremacist who is feeding into crazy people who send politicians bombs and massacre Jewish people.

Tucker Carlson is.

Stop with the false equivalences.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I get it. Political tensions in the US are at an all time high. All this shit makes my blood boil too. I'm just uncomfortable with it.
We live in a deeply uncomfortable time. I fall on the fairly extreme end of how I think people should respond to it, i.e. taking pretty serious steps to prepare for growing violence from the fascists.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
whats with the people going from "hey america, why aren't you DOING anything about the situation? dont you know how to protest??!?" to "WOAH THERE america, this is TOO FAR!!"

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
We live in a deeply uncomfortable time. I fall on the fairly extreme end of how I think people should respond to it, i.e. taking pretty serious steps to prepare for growing violence from the fascists.

To be fair, it looks like America may be headed in this direction anyway. Maybe it's overdue. I'm not going to say that America is heading for another civil war, the technology probably no longer makes this feasible. But you may very well be headed for a period of more active civil unrest, with disorganized right wing militia getting "justice" wherever they see fit, emboldened by Trump, while people who no longer believe in "When they go low, we go high," feel like their backs are to the wall and fight back, and the government tries to just maintain social order in the midst of a mess that the President himself encouraged.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to remember who made that Tucker Carlson video. It was Vox.

Feel free to watch and then reevaluate how you feel about people protesting Tucker Carlson at his house.

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
To be fair, it looks like America may be headed in this direction anyway. Maybe it's overdue. I'm not going to say that America is heading for another civil war, the technology probably no longer makes this feasible. But you may very well be headed for a period of more active civil unrest, with disorganized right wing militia getting "justice" wherever they see fit, emboldened by Trump, while people who no longer believe in "When they go low, we go high," feel like their backs are to the wall and fight back, and the government tries to just maintain social order in the midst of a mess that the President himself encouraged.
It's the odds on favorite. The country is too divided and one side incites violence, which will probably result in a response of violence

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Really upset that a bunch of protestors separated Tucker Carlson from his family and put them all in detention cen-- wait? That's not what happened? Oh, well, then, fuck that guy

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
This is basically my take on it at this point.

If things continue along that trajectory, it's not unreasonable to suggest that people get ready to defend themselves.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Alright where's the cutoff point for the acceptable amount of misfortune to wish upon a bad person? Can I say it would be cool if he got a flat tire and nobody was willing to tow his car or give him a ride?
I hope he steps on legos.

Isn't the group term for crows a... murder? (thinkingemoji)
Fake edit: yep https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_terms_of_venery,_by_animal#C a mob is for kangaroos and whales apparently. (Themoreyouknow.gif)

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
If this doesn't escalate in violence towards him or his family...nice. Protesting is good when it's done in a civil way.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
whats with the people going from "hey america, why aren't you DOING anything about the situation? dont you know how to protest??!?" to "WOAH THERE america, this is TOO FAR!!"
The internet is just one person constantly contradicting themself. Also, "Do something," and "don't harass people at their homes" aren't mutually exclusive.

I hope he steps on legos.
I am comfortable with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.