Contraband
Halo Infinite Standalone Battle royal
Stoic New IP
Brass Lion Wu thang clan game
Double Fine New IP
Tango Smaller New IP
Ara History Untold
Minecraft Legends

Maybe more ? Perfect Dark development goes well now, by 2024 it will have 6 years of dev. The coalition will be deep at work for 5 years, same for inxile but I think all of those will be after 2024.

Xbox exclusive Perception will change lighting fast. If the acquisitions go through, I except Blizzard New Survival IP to be at least timed exclusive and this game have major veterans team on it, same for Zenimax Online New IP. 2025/2026 with Fable, TOW2, Indiana Jones, IOI New IP etc... Will be simply braazy for Xbox.

Xbox Sales trajectory will be exponential for sure, and to end all of that Tes 6, the goat by 2027, 2028. Xbox Series S/X have potential to sold +80M

Last edited:

Deleted member 129418

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2022
Xbox Will release 12-15 games by end of 2024

Forza Mortorsport
Redfall
Starfield
Compulsion AAA new IP
Hellblade 2
Avowed
everwild
Contraband
Stoic New IP
Double Fine New IP
Tango Smaller New IP
Ara History Untold
Minecraft Legends
give me just Belfry and i will be the happiest person ever : (

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Wanted to make a thread but realized I don't have enough posts on resetera to create one so I'll ask here:

How close was Microsoft to leaving the console market last gen? I wasn't really paying attention to the gaming industry from like 2011-2019 and looking back I didn't notice how bad things were, or at least how bad they appeared to be. I heard rumblings on Defining Duke a few months ago that in 2016 Microsoft was within 2 weeks of killing the Xbox brand and going third party.

It's crazy to think how different this gen would be if the only new console was the PS5, or how insane it would be to only have Nintendo and Sony producing consoles.
I don't think we'll ever know, especially at the very tippy top. I mean, presumably, you don't buy Minecraft unless you think there's something to this whole gaming thing. But even for years after Minecraft, Xbox continued to be severely underfunded. Myerson clearly didn't care about Xbox and I've heard some claims that he was essentially actively sabotaging the project in favor of the other products he was running too. When he left, he gave it little respect - and possibly just honestly knew nothing about it. It's not impossible that Xbox was still very much in limbo even just months before it came out swinging at E3 2018. Maybe, maybe not. Who really knows. Either way, the shareholders were VERY vocal that they wanted Xbox spun off or killed entirely in the mid-2010s. Just a rough time for MS overall, particularly in the consumer space. Very few wins.

I don't know what they're referring to with the 2 weeks to death thing, but I don't see any reason why MS would take Xbox "3rd party". That makes no sense. It's not Microsoft's business model. They want to be the platform. If they had wanted to leave the 1st party business, they would have left the entire industry. And realistically, no one could have taken their place overnight. One of the Big 3 just poof - gone. IF that's how close they were. Again. Who knows :p

Xbox was the only one with a metaverse museum. Others need to step it up clearly
IKR. Why isn't my Mii giving me my stats, huh? Errbody else be slacking. Clearly. Clearly...

if it's already been pushed then the button is hopefully now "DELAY AVOWED BY 2026 DAYS"
5 and a half years?? 🥺

Avowed next next gen exclusive T_T

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto

Forza Mortorsport
Redfall
Starfield
Compulsion AAA new IP
Hellblade 2
Avowed
everwild
Contraband
Stoic New IP
Double Fine New IP
Tango Smaller New IP
Ara History Untold
Minecraft Legends

Maybe more ? Perfect Dark development goes well now, by 2024 it will have 6 years of dev. The coalition will be deep at work for 5 years, same for inxile but I think all of those will be after 2024.

Xbox exclusive Perception will change lighting fast. If the acquisitions go through, I except Blizzard New Survival IP to be at least timed exclusive and this game have major veterans team on it, same for Zenimax Online New IP. 2025/2026 with Fable, TOW2, Indiana Jones, IOI New IP etc... Will be simply braazy for Xbox.

Xbox Sales trajectory will be exponential for sure, and to end all of that Tes 6, the goat by 2027, 2028. Xbox Series S/X have potential to sold +80M
Everwild and Contraband lol

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm going to see numbers on paper for these sales figures.

I've been lurking on InstallBase and they paint a grim picture in relative terms.

2:1 again...

😢

I think 2:1 is a very real possibility, but I think their market position will improve.

Like I'm huge fan of MS first party, but for the first time ever, I probably won't Be buying their console this gen. I have a gaming PC and a PS5. I'd say 90% of my gaming spend goes to Xbox. They don't need me to buy a box for me them to sell me things… so I'm an Xbox customer w/o an Xbox.

I won't help their hardware ratios, but I am firmly apart of their installed base and they'll be getting plenty of revenue from me.

Oct 25, 2017

Forza Mortorsport
Redfall
Starfield
Compulsion AAA new IP
Hellblade 2
Avowed
everwild
Contraband

Stoic New IP
Double Fine New IP
Tango Smaller New IP

Ara History Untold
Minecraft Legends
Perfect Dark

This is my guess.

I think in general we shouldn't assume a leaked untitled game project will be coming out the year after next when they haven't even been announced yet.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Oh.... uhh.... Creative AND technical director?

Wow.

It's different creative director roles, more like managing role and liaison roles between game team & Publisher.

Contraband Game director is Omar Shakir.

The game have many Technical directors, and sometimes open roles like it it's just to replace someone.

• With the Executive Producer and other directors, and in collaboration with the Publisher, you own the strategic development of the franchise beyond our current game (sequels, spin-offs, transmedia, etc.).
  • As the Creative Director, you are the main evangelizer of the game and the franchise, internally (team, studio) and externally (publisher, press, community). You know how to win over an audience, you have presence on stage or in front of a camera, you inspire people and create this spark in their mind that instantly excites them about our projects.

Oct 12, 2020

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
It's different creative director roles, more like managing role and liaison roles between game team & Publisher.

Contraband Game director is Omar Shakir.

The game have many Technical directors, and sometimes open roles like it it's just to replace someone.
That's what I was hoping was the case, since the senior designer role was for "engagement". If there hasn't been turnover and they're just expanding roles into the user experience side, that could be a good sign of progress. Nevertheless, probably not an imminent release, either way.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
This is my guess.

I think in general we shouldn't assume a leaked untitled game project will be coming out the year after next when they haven't even been announced yet.
The only one I disagree on is the Compulsion game. They've been working on it since they wrapped up We Happy Few in 2018(?). I think 6 years is enough time. Though honestly if everything went haywire I could see 2025/2026

Oct 27, 2017
Another strong showing from Microsoft on the PC front for the year. Best selling games on Steam for 2022 (in terms of revenue).

In general, revenue specifics are not disclosed for the games on these lists, so we group them into buckets to give an idea of how they stack up. Games are randomly sorted within each bucket:

Platinum: 1st - 12th
Gold: 13th - 24th
Silver: 25th - 50th
Bronze: 51st - 100th

Gold
  • Forza Horizon 5

Silver
  • Elder Scrolls Online
  • Sea of Thieves

Bronze
  • Grounded
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  • Age of Empires IV
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Edition
  • Halo Infinite
  • Fallout 76
store.steampowered.com

Best of Steam - 2022

A look back at the year's top sellers, new releases, most-played games, and more!

Oct 25, 2017
The only one I disagree on is the Compulsion game. They've been working on it since they wrapped up We Happy Few in 2018(?). I think 6 years is enough time. Though honestly if everything went haywire I could see 2025/2026

Yeah that seems fair for 2024 then. I just don't want to assume something that's not announced yet publicly is coming out within 24 months. The exception likely being things that are smaller like Pentiment

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
the incredible marketing machine behind *checks notes*

dishonored
doom 2016
prey
deathloop
wolfenstein 2
and more

Hey, the Wolf 2 web advertising was perfection 😄

I need to get the art of Dishonored 2 and Deathloop books tbh. Shit slaps

I have the D2 one, it's excellent. Well worth a buy for fans of the game.

To this day, I'm still bitter about the disconnect...trust me I've voiced my complaints umm concerns to everyone I know there lol. Hunt the Truth got "two seasons" and just...poof...nothing to see here. Friendships were almost dissolved lol not really but...still...

Haha, I understand. As a long-time Halo lore nerd, I loved every minute of it and still think it's a shame they didn't do more with it.

Keegan Michael Key and Janina Gavankar were both excellent in it, too.

GlobeGamer

Aug 26, 2021
People also have to remember that Avalanche recently open up a new studio in New York not too long ago some of the positions are probably for that studio

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

Forza Mortorsport
Redfall
Starfield
Compulsion AAA new IP
Hellblade 2
Avowed
everwild
Contraband
Stoic New IP
Double Fine New IP
Tango Smaller New IP
Ara History Untold
Minecraft Legends

No fucking way. Ban me if half of those release in 2023

EDIT, cant read

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
No fucking way. Ban me if half of those release in 2023

EDIT, cant read

1672335409-flfisdkxgaabejv.jpeg

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Contraband originally leaked as a 2022 title and it was later reported that they had missed some milestones. I expect to see it at this E3.

Oct 12, 2020

Haha, love it. Doubling down on the Contraband 2024 call. But you DO realize that we are just a few days from 2023….so, in a few days you will be saying that Contraband is coming out NEXT YEAR. But…that is still two years from today….so…. 🤔

But the release date speculation Olympics isn't really my thing….but rather playing the playing of the games when they appear.

Still unsure if the Redfall in May thing has more or less been confirmed - with folks having varying opinions on the legitimacy of the "insider" involved - but considering how stacked the months leading up to May are, I'm less than remotely bothered by it if true. Redfall looks right up my alley, especially if its doesn't play it too safe with the potential twistedness of vampire "culture". Be weird Arkane. Be weird. In fact, I'd urge Xbox to try and corner the market on edgier stuff to differentiate themselves from other platforms with their increasingly cookie-cutter game formula.

Jul 10, 2020
I know it's not a popular decision, but I really want XGS to dabble in more licensed IP.

I know Indy's coming but that was in the works long before the acquistion.

I'm talking like Coalition on a licensed something or other, or Obsidian working on Star Trek or something.

Licensed IP can generate huge interest if done correctly.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I know it's not a popular decision, but I really want XGS to dabble in more licensed IP.

I know Indy's coming but that was in the works long before the acquistion.

I'm talking like Coalition on a licensed something or other, or Obsidian working on Star Trek or something.

Licensed IP can generate huge interest if done correctly.

If the world building can deliver great & innovative game design why not. But waste of times if you put Obsidian on licensed games just for the clout.

Status
Not open for further replies.