Jul 10, 2020
I guess then

AoE II - Jan
*Fart Noises* - Feb
March - Ghostwire Xbox
April - ?
May - Redfal

Rest TBD.

i mean, Wo Long is coming in march. a new monster hunter in january. atomic heart in february. that's just stuff we know about. besides late releases like lego star wars this month.

Talking strictly 1st party here. GamePass 3rd Party can't do ALL the work.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Since everyone is speaking about Xbox's abysmal marketing and advertising again I'll mention something I've noticed. The official IGN Twitter account has basically turned into a marketing arm of PlayStation these days. It feels like 90% of their tweets are Sony first party related and sometimes they have straight up #ad's.

I almost had to unfollow the account during those first 2 weeks that GoW: Ragnarok launched because they literally spammed the timeline with like a dozen GoW tweets per day.

That kind of massive, mainstream media saturation for Sony's first party titles from an outlet like IGN has to help PlayStation in some way. I wonder if they'll do the same with Starfield.
You see Microsoft's 2022? What is IGN gonna tweet about? High on Life was hyped up, but that's not Microsoft

Jul 10, 2020
but why? it's still first half (as previously said) and we didn't have a release date before that

unless you are going to blame MS for leakers saying unofficial release dates (and you taking them as 100% fact)

Feb/March seemed like a strong window considering Redfall was supposed to be out LAST SUMMER.

That's nearly another Year delay.

Deleted member 129418

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2022
honestly yea i don't think May is terrible as long as they have something before that makes up for it. inb4 Starfield before Redfall or something idk

Oct 12, 2020
Log in here after taking a nice break from all things video games (except epic Rock Band sessions with family, oh my poor hands) only to be bombarded with post after post filled with the most piteous CONCERN. What has happened exactly?

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I guess then

AoE II - Jan
*Fart Noises* - Feb
March - Ghostwire Xbox
April - ?
May - Redfal

Rest TBD.

Talking strictly 1st party here. GamePass 3rd Party can't do ALL the work.
When the third party Game Pass lineup is as good as it is in 2023, it definitely can do all the work lol. Luckily it won't have to though because there's a bunch of first party games also coming.... AOE, Ghostwire, Redfall, Starfield, Minecraft Legends, Forza... Seriously, how can anyone be disappointed with that lineup?

Deleted member 129418

Banned
Dec 26, 2022
When the third party Game Pass lineup is as good as it is in 2023, it definitely can do all the work lol. Luckily it won't have to though because there's a bunch of first party games also coming.... AOE, Ghostwire, Redfall, Starfield, Minecraft Legends, Forza... Seriously, how can anyone be disappointed with that lineup?
no belfry on H1 23. i am heartbroken, shaking and crying, about to vomit. this must be a nightmare i cannot wake up from. how could phil Spencer do this to me. (/s)

Jul 10, 2020
I'm sorry to hear that. Really do hope things get better for you in the new year and I hope these games drop early, often, and epic.
i am sorry to hear that. hopefully things can get better soon (´• ω •`) ♡

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully things get better soon.

Thanks.

Sometimes it's hard not to bring in IRL drama into posts when it feels like the world is against you sometimes.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
It probably will be 2:1 again. I'm not gonna sugar coat it. Last gen was quite possibly the WORST gen to fumble the bag. Couple that with the last few years of 360 and you've got a whole generation of kids that don't fuck with Xbox like they should've. It's not going to recover this generation. Plus Microsoft doesn't push consoles the way they should imo. They push Gamepass. I don't even see commercials for Series X just Series S. And even then it's not great. A lot of their marketing is internet based. They need to do better reach out to parents and grandparents too.
I don't know about staying at 2:1 for the gen. I think that depends on how long it takes to start releasing titles. I don't think they'll win this generation or anything but they can close the gap. They have to fix their release cadence and abysmal marketing.

If they fix those things I think they'll end up closing the gap.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

2023 will be insane!

Deleted member 129418

Banned
Dec 26, 2022
It is curious what this means for Starfield and other 1P, though.

As always, as long as there is something to play be it Game Pass or first party, I have nothing to complain about.

no disrespect towards Arkane Austin or anything (one of my fave dev teams out there), but i don't think redfall is as large of a game for schedules to be based around it. Starfield? definitely. that game though i think would be funny if it released a couple days before the 12 month cut off date lolol

Deleted member 112546

SoD 2 keeps being supported through 2023, and Infestations Update won't be the last one.

"We do not have an end date on this (SoD 2), we're gonna keep supporting this"
youtu.be

Year in Review 2022 | Stream Clip

Geoffrey, Joe, and Wonder go over what the State of Decay team and their community accomplished in the year 2022! Play STATE OF DECAY 2 on Game Pass, or at h...

Sep 8, 2019
SoD 3 release with Next Xbox
burn.gif

Oct 12, 2020
Less than 2 hours until the new Stalker 2 trailer drops. I mentioned this in another thread, but I feel uncomfortable in desiring anything to do with a video game when the devs of said game are huddled in bomb shelters and a malevolent force desires to erase their homelands borders. But it could very well be that these devs will find some happiness and purpose in getting more about their game out their for the world to see. This is what I tell myself in order to deal with these conflicted feelings anyway. I've seen many people mention this already, but Game Pass or not, I think I will pay full price for the game. It's not much, but its something.

With all that out of the way. I am quite interested in seeing some more of UE5 in action.

Deleted member 129418

Banned
Dec 26, 2022
Less than 2 hours until the new Stalker 2 trailer drops. I mentioned this in another thread, but I feel uncomfortable in desiring anything to do with a video game when the devs of said game are huddled in bomb shelters and a malevolent force desires to erase their homelands borders. But it could very well be that these devs will find some happiness and purpose in getting more about their game out their for the world to see. This is what I tell myself in order to deal with these conflicted feelings anyway.

could not agree more

Roarschach

Dec 18, 2018
Look I REALLY don't like to make these "Fire this person posts" but Starfield is literally now the most important game in Xbox history.

Marketing for it needs to be on a level we haven't seen since the 360 days.

If Starfield is just left to release like any other GamePass game, without a marketing cycle out the ass, then I'm sorry, the buck has to stop somewhere.

Starfield is TOO important for marketing to be muted on.

Starfield needs, as what I can only described as, an "Event".

It needs billboards, theatrical spots, a contest to play Starfield in SPACEwith SpaceX/Virgin Space, Bundles, Bus Ads. It needs a God of War level marketing and anything less is simply a failure.
The same was said about Halo Infinite, but they're doing fine even though it didn't live up to expectations.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
i'm apparently the minority opinion but it looks just like an Arkane game to me lolol. i'll eat it up anyways because arkane and also cuz it looks cool to me idk 🫡
The funny thing to me is that Redfall doesn't "look" like an Arkane to me but that's also largely because the things that make up an Arkane game to me aren't really visual or easily shown in a trailer.

Still very excited for it though, a co-op game with an open ended sandbox and various abilities just sounds like an absolute dream, even if it sucks that there's no couch co-op.

Impressive honestly, even more so when you consider that I've had Game Pass since late 2018 (with a couple off months in 2019 where I wasn't subbed) and I've only spent $1 of my own money on the service.

GlobeGamer

Aug 26, 2021
Speaking of SOD3 I recently play the multiplayer survival mode in SOD2 and loved it I hope we see it return with lots of improvements

OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
SoD 2 keeps being supported through 2023, and Infestations Update won't be the last one.

"We do not have an end date on this (SoD 2), we're gonna keep supporting this"
youtu.be

Year in Review 2022 | Stream Clip

Geoffrey, Joe, and Wonder go over what the State of Decay team and their community accomplished in the year 2022! Play STATE OF DECAY 2 on Game Pass, or at h...

It's good to see UL listening to player feedback. QoL ideas and suggestions from three years ago actually making it into the game. It bodes well for the future.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
it was okami who leaked that, not Insider Gaming (whose leaks mostly come off Henderson). i trust the guy enough to believe that Redfall absolutely is early May, but I don't think Starfield gets pushed because Redfall gets pushed. if anything, it'd be the other way 'round but we haven't heard of an internal delay at BGS so...
Thanks for the mention!

Status
Not open for further replies.