• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Title suggestion

• New year, new engine, old habits

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Half a galaxy away

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Keeping it (un)real

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Subtitle Writer's Union Endorsed

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • High on Hopium

Votes: 68 33.8%
  • We're in the (Collective) Bargaining Stage

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • [X] Other console

Votes: 30 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 129418

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2022
Insider gaming had an article where they said Redfall has been internally delayed by six weeks to may. I think they want to stick to the cadence of having redfall first and then Starfield. I could see Starfield coming in July or August.

it was okami who leaked that, not Insider Gaming (whose leaks mostly come off Henderson). i trust the guy enough to believe that Redfall absolutely is early May, but I don't think Starfield gets pushed because Redfall gets pushed. if anything, it'd be the other way 'round but we haven't heard of an internal delay at BGS so...

SilentEagle

Banned
Jan 9, 2021
I wish I could get excited about Redfall but it just look so... average?
Same.

When I see the rumours for the first time I thought it will be something like Arkane's take on Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and it became my dream game. When I learn that the game is co-op and watched the gameplay my hype became much lower than it used to be.

I'll still play it because its Arkane Austin game but I hope they can return to making games like Prey since they don't have to worry about sales thanks to Gamepass.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
How do you guys think the 'fluidity' of dates has impacted the marketing cycle?

I know there was a ton of stuff for Halo Infinite in the original launch window that didn't pan out. You also see pretty big AAA third party games without a ton of marketing and pretty late release date announcements.

Will the movement of dates make things difficult to market it how we believe it should?

Jul 10, 2020
Delaying Starfield because of Redfall being internally delayed doesn't make sense when Xbox knows they have a games problem.

If Starfield is ready they'll release it.

solis74

Banned
Jun 11, 2018
Let's use Occum's Razor Here isntead. Stock in Japan has been low for hte last few weeks due to stock being diverted to the US/EU. It's not that hard that you need to start saying Famitsu is overestimating. Famitsu also doesn't track sales from Amazon so the numebr may actually be short by a few thousand.

they don't track amazon?? is it only retail/shop numbers then?

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
If Starfield is as good as we all suspect it's going to be, they could literally shadow drop it with no marketing and I don't think it would have a negative impact on sales long term. It's regularly at the top of "most anticipated" lists and Game Pass/streamers/ influencers are going to do an insane amount of heavy lifting for the game. It's going to be an "event game" no matter how MS markets it.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
If Starfield is as good as we all suspect it's going to be, they could literally shadow drop it with no marketing and I don't think it would have a negative impact on sales long term. It's regularly at the top of "most anticipated" lists and Game Pass/streamers/ influencers are going to do an insane amount of heavy lifting for the game. It's going to be an "event game" no matter how MS markets it.
Sure but it would be a hell of a lot cooler if they teamed up with a private rocket company and launched a rocket at launch. I feel like the rocket launch getting scrubbed or it exploding would be the most Xbox outcome though.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
That sounds... expensive
I was joking but if they actually considered it, it probably wouldn't be too expensive honestly. Just take on an existing mission like if SpaceX was launching Starlink satellites (which they do like 60+ times a year) and ask to sponsor it by putting a big ass Starfield ad on the rocket instead of SpaceX logo.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I was joking but if they actually considered it, it probably wouldn't be too expensive honestly. Just take on an existing mission like if SpaceX was launching Starlink satellites and ask to sponsor it by putting a big ass Starfield ad on the rocket instead of SpaceX logo.

Yeah, if there was something existing they could piggy back on that would be pretty cool

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
But seriously, whats the deal with Redfalls constant 1-2 second clips that have been released since... October? Has anyone bothered to put them all together to make a proper trailer?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Since everyone is speaking about Xbox's abysmal marketing and advertising again I'll mention something I've noticed. The official IGN Twitter account has basically turned into a marketing arm of PlayStation these days. It feels like 90% of their tweets are Sony first party related and sometimes they have straight up #ad's.

I almost had to unfollow the account during those first 2 weeks that GoW: Ragnarok launched because they literally spammed the timeline with like a dozen GoW tweets per day.

That kind of massive, mainstream media saturation for Sony's first party titles from an outlet like IGN has to help PlayStation in some way. I wonder if they'll do the same with Starfield.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I think Redfall definitely suffers a bit moving from void to ue4 but itll surprise people nonetheless with cool set pieces and environmental design like always

Deleted member 129418

Banned
Dec 26, 2022
I think Redfall definitely suffers a bit moving from void to ue4 but itll surprise people nonetheless with cool set pieces and environmental design like always
Austin has not made a single game using void. the first Dishonored (and the only one they worked on i think) was ue3, Prey and Mooncrash were CryEngine and that VR/Standalone MP expansion were both UE4

Poldo

Banned
Apr 12, 2022
Since everyone is speaking about Xbox's abysmal marketing and advertising again I'll mention something I've noticed. The official IGN Twitter account has basically turned into a marketing arm of PlayStation these days. It feels like 90% of their tweets are Sony first party related and sometimes they have straight up #ad's.

I almost had to unfollow the account during those first 2 weeks that GoW: Ragnarok launched because they literally spammed the timeline with like a dozen GoW tweets per day.

That kind of massive, mainstream media saturation for Sony's first party titles from an outlet like IGN has to help PlayStation in some way. I wonder if they'll do the same with Starfield.
Excellent observation. But is it legal?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Austin has not made a single game using void. the first Dishonored (and the only one they worked on i think) was ue3, Prey and Mooncrash were CryEngine and that VR/Standalone MP expansion were both UE4
Ah youre right. I thought Prey was void. Lyon's art direction is def a bit more refined with Dishonored 2 being the peak imo. Deathloop is fantastic as well.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021

IGN just does what gets clicks. God of War is a big game and spamming about it will get them all the clicks in the world. If Starfield is a cultural phenomenon, I'm sure they'll do the same.

Deleted member 129418

Banned
Dec 26, 2022
Ah youre right. I thought Prey was void. Lyon's art direction is def a bit more refined with Dishonored 2 being the peak imo. Deathloop is fantastic as well.

i remember Dishonored 2 (?) and Deathloop having not-so-great PC releases (from what I recall D2 still doesn't have FPS Boost! while Death of The Outsider does!!!! For some reason!!!), while Prey apparently ran very well on PC but not really on consoles at launch lolol

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

IGN takes marketing money from all sorts of sponsors. That's nothing new. Sony just happens to be one of them.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I May disagree with that.
boring-unimpressed.gif

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
it's xbox g 💀

they will never do that
The one spark of hope here is Bethesda still handles their own marketing, so as long as Xbox gives them the budget it should be good.

I know we meme about Xbox's marketing in here but Starfield is the one thing they truly can't mess up in this regard. Just give Bethesda a blank check to market it as they please and it will be good. Push the "from the creators of Skyrim" line hard, show it on TV, movie theaters, etc. Basically go do what Sony does…

Or we could get a couple tweets and a blog post 💀

edit: oh, and don't forget a quick shot on a game pass montage, that'll market it

NavNucST3

Nov 13, 2017
Therearedozensofusdotgif

Also, HtT was very well-liked! In fact, it was so well-received that lots of people got mad that Halo 5 didn't follow up on it lol.

To this day, I'm still bitter about the disconnect...trust me I've voiced my complaints umm concerns to everyone I know there lol. Hunt the Truth got "two seasons" and just...poof...nothing to see here. Friendships were almost dissolved lol not really but...still...

Status
Not open for further replies.