• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Please don't buy StarBreeze, I don't want Ms to waste their time or money with studios that make dookie games. IO, 4A I can get behind

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I personally feel like the Fable name doesn't really carry much weight with the average gamer
It totally does. The Fable games have sold really well and Fable 2 is regarded as among the best games on the 360. Whenever they finally get around to announcing the reboot, it'll be a big deal. I just wouldn't expect it to release before like 2023.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Or a CA by Ninja Theory.

NT is amazing, but they are small and when I think of Marvel I imagine big production values. TC has experience in making big action games now with nearly two Gears games under their belt, plus they have a good working relationship with Splash Damage, so they seem better equipped for it.

I do recall something about NT wanting to set a new benchmark for action, so maybe they're planning on growing? I haven't been keeping up with them lately.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My predictions are as follows...

-Microsoft opens up with Crimson Skies 2. It is for PC and Xbox and will revolutionize the way we play games with keyboard and mouse on the Xbox. It will also be crossplay and play anywhere. If you preorder it you get Crimson Skies 1 HD for free as DLC. This game should have been pretty obvious to us as Matt Booty (Xbox Game Studios Head) has been posting about planes on his instagram literally forever.https://www.instagram.com/mattbootyphoto/ Launches September 2019.

-We then go to a new trailer that seems oddly familiar. Wait, could that be? Oh my teraflops it is MATTER that was cancled for the Xbox 360 Kinect and brought to life once again. The Kinect controls have been removed but you now have the option to control the game completely via voice by either your headset or Alexa, This will be a downloadable title only for now. Google will not offer support as they wanted the game for the STADIA service and are a bit salty. Here is the original trailer
https://youtu.be/eWY9JNtxL8A

-Sid Mier and 2K games will be making Halo Wars 3. Microsoft finds out during the show that the Epic Store has gained exclusive publishing rights. Brawls ensue.

-Xbox Elite keyboard and mouse announced. It costs 300 dollars but glows in the dark and has rubber grips. Available today.

-All of the childrens games from Humongous Entertainment are announced in a new 4K, 60 FPS and HDR remake. The first games in the catalog to be released are Pajama Sam and Backyard Baseball. Pablo Sanchez is a preorder bonus.

-Phil Spencer makes an announcement that Scalebound is still canceled

-new forza

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
My predictions are as follows...

-Microsoft opens up with Crimson Skies 2. It is for PC and Xbox and will revolutionize the way we play games with keyboard and mouse on the Xbox. It will also be crossplay and play anywhere. If you preorder it you get Crimson Skies 1 HD for free as DLC. This game should have been pretty obvious to us as Matt Booty (Xbox Game Studios Head) has been posting about planes on his instagram literally forever.https://www.instagram.com/mattbootyphoto/ Launches September 2019.

-We then go to a new trailer that seems oddly familiar. Wait, could that be? Oh my teraflops it is MATTER that was cancled for the Xbox 360 Kinect and brought to life once again. The Kinect controls have been removed but you now have the option to control the game completely via voice by either your headset or Alexa, This will be a downloadable title only for now. Google will not offer support as they wanted the game for the STADIA service and are a bit salty. Here is the original trailer
https://youtu.be/eWY9JNtxL8A

-Sid Mier and 2K games will be making Halo Wars 3. Microsoft finds out during the show that the Epic Store has gained exclusive publishing rights. Brawls ensue.

-Xbox Elite keyboard and mouse announced. It costs 300 dollars but glows in the dark and has rubber grips. Available today.

-All of the childrens games from Humongous Entertainment are announced in a new 4K, 60 FPS and HDR remake. The first games in the catalog to be released are Pajama Sam and Backyard Baseball. Pablo Sanchez is a preorder bonus.

-Phil Spencer makes an announcement that Scalebound is still canceled

-new forza
I would be down for the first one.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
'sees the Captain America & Matt Booty pancake tweets being reposted for the thousandth time again and despairs'

Noth this again guys, come on we're just going round in circles here....

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I get the IO cake because of the logo. But Starbreeze doesn't make sense to me, especially since they have a publishing division and the logo doesn't have a star. Aren't there any reasonable dev logos with a star?
Maybe all the Captain America and the Star on his outfit/shield is just pointing to the project, not just the team?

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
Maybe we should just accept that Matt eats his cakes in a really weird way haha.

56596539.jpg

Saci do PXB

Nov 12, 2017
You can choose only 3 more studios.

Option A:

- Asobo Studio
- Relic Entertainment
- IO Interactive

Option B:

- Remedy Entertainment
- Dontnod Entertainment
- 4A Games

Option C:

- Larian Studios
- CyberConnect 2
- Klei Entertainment

Option D:

- Bluepoint Games
- Double Fine
- Iron Galaxy

Option E:

- The Farm 51
- Yager
- Piranha Games

I would love to see Larian under MS umbrella, but I admit it's too much RPG makers for 1 company to hold.

Tim Schaffer is a nice person. I like the way he handles Double Fine, but maybe the pressure to deliver the "next big thing" for Microsoft could damage their working environment. Not because Phil or other executives would pressure them (not these days, at least), but the fans.
-"Now you have unlimited money!" (not true, probably, but many would assume that); "What game would you make???"
And, maybe, the team at Double Fine are not trying to create this type of expectation. Of course anyone would love to have the money to do what you want to do, but some (many?) could assume you're gonna hit higher than you really is willing to deliver.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see Larian under MS umbrella, but I admit it's too much RPG makers for 1 company to hold.

Tim Schaffer is a nice person. I like the way he handles Double Fine, but maybe the pressure to deliver the "next big thing" for Microsoft could damage their working environment. Not because Phil or other executives would pressure them (not these days, at least), but the fans.
-"Now you have unlimited money!" (not true, probably, but many would assume that); "What game would you make???"
And, maybe, the team at Double Fine are not trying to create this type of expectation. Of course anyone would love to have the money to do what you want to do, but some (many?) could assume you're gonna hit higher than you really is willing to deliver.

The pressure for "the next big thing" does not exist anymore at Xbox (at least in the same way it was) and is an illusion built by people who do not give a shit about Xbox (not referring to you). You obviously mean the fans, but for the most part they won't care if they're working on new stuff, there are no "fans" to satisfy and people do not only want AAA experiences. That's pretty much it. So do not expect Ninja Theory to go full Halo with their next game, don't expect Compulsion to suddenly work on a 20M budget game, don't expect Rare to go back to old stuff by themselves (could be supporting a partner like Dlala), etc.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

Option A:

- Asobo Studio
- Relic Entertainment
- IO Interactive

Option B:

- Remedy Entertainment
- Dontnod Entertainment
- 4A Games

Option C:

- Larian Studios
- CyberConnect 2
- Klei Entertainment

Option D:

- Bluepoint Games
- Double Fine
- Iron Galaxy

Option E:

- The Farm 51
- Yager
- Piranha Games

Option B:

- Remedy Entertainment
- Dontnod Entertainment
- 4A Games

Enriquebik

Mar 24, 2019

Option A:

- Asobo Studio
- Relic Entertainment
- IO Interactive

Option B:

- Remedy Entertainment
- Dontnod Entertainment
- 4A Games

Option C:

- Larian Studios
- CyberConnect 2
- Klei Entertainment

Option D:

- Bluepoint Games
- Double Fine
- Iron Galaxy

Option E:

- The Farm 51
- Yager
- Piranha Games

Option F:

-Housemarque
-Techland Games
-Playful Corp.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
The only reasonable "Star" logo company I've been sitting on is Supergiant Games.

Surprised they haven't been mentioned in the past couple pages. lol

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I would be happy with just knowing one single thing. I can live withour rumours, LOIs or leaks, but for god's sake...

Is the Coalition working on any other IPs (old or new) other than Gears?

Edit:
CRZYSPZ: SM would also fit the long term Sony partner thing Klobrille said some time ago, I think.

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018

Option A:

- Asobo Studio
- Relic Entertainment
- IO Interactive

Option B:

- Remedy Entertainment
- Dontnod Entertainment
- 4A Games

Option C:

- Larian Studios
- CyberConnect 2
- Klei Entertainment

Option D:

- Bluepoint Games
- Double Fine
- Iron Galaxy

Option E:

- The Farm 51
- Yager
- Piranha Games

If we expect something BIG, I'd go with Remedy.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Honestly, I would be happy with just knowing one single thing. I can live withour rumours, LOIs or leaks, but for god's sake...

Is the Coalition working on any other IPs (old or new) other than Gears?

Edit:
CRZYSPZ: SM would also fit the long term Sony partner thing Klobrille said some time ago, I think.
Supermassive mentioned earlier this year that they were very interested in still making PS exclusive games, so I'm assuming its not them.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Maybe all the Captain America and the Star on his outfit/shield is just pointing to the project, not just the team?
The only reasonable "Star" logo company I've been sitting on is Supergiant Games.

Surprised they haven't been mentioned in the past couple pages. lol
The pancake could be interpreted as I dunno a shield ... could be maybe a Marvel game tease?

Stardock.

It is as plain as the pancakes on Matt Booty's plate..

NascarSlide.png

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
all about the presentation. might not be the same fable you played under molenoux err however you spell his name.
we can see that some IPs that play exactly like the past don't really work out to well. im sure they also recognize this. just look at their achievements with FH. i have faith they will do what they think is best.
I've been thinking about Playground's new game a lot lately. I actually kind of hope that it isn't Fable. At the end of the day, I think doing something new would be much more compelling. I think that Microsoft will get its fair share of fantasy RPGs in the future from Obsidian and inXile and I'd much rather see Playground do something different. I personally feel like the Fable name doesn't really carry much weight with the average gamer, but a completely new franchise gives Playground a chance to build their own brand.

Fable was said three times so I had to make an appearance.

Fable is in a weird place for the same reason some of Rare's older IP is in a weird place. The industry has grown and changed and there's a fair amount of people who associate it just with fart jokes and bad British accents. Albioin could probably stand to grow up a bit sure, but Fables whimsicle tone and player agency are always gonna be the things that set it apart, fart jokes or not.

Do I think Playground should make a Fable game or new IP? It depends. If they're gonna reboot the franchise, make it gritty or realistic or dark or whatever else might get slapped in front of 'reboot', then I'd rather them just make a new IP. I don't think Fable has to be revived, it has a lot of fans and it could probably do well today, but I'm okay with letting it die. It's my favorite series of all time, I've got tattoos and fan fiction and whatever else, but I'm okay if I never return to Albion. I had my time there.

But if Playground does make a new Fable, they should mature it where appropriate, but be really careful not to lose the charm and tone of the original. The Monty Python does Mother Goose does Arthurian Legend spirit of the original game, balancing silly with serious is Fable.

Option A:

- Asobo Studio
- Relic Entertainment
- IO Interactive

Option B:

- Remedy Entertainment
- Dontnod Entertainment
- 4A Games

Option C:

- Larian Studios
- CyberConnect 2
- Klei Entertainment

Option D:

- Bluepoint Games
- Double Fine
- Iron Galaxy

Option E:

- The Farm 51
- Yager
- Piranha Games

I'm torn between B and D, but if you're gonna make me chose I'm gonna choose B. I hate to have to drop Iron Galaxy, but I also think if Double Fine is given an unlimited budget, Tim Schafer will open one of his seven mouths and sing the song that ends the world.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Stardock.

It is as plain as the pancakes on Matt Booty's plate..

NascarSlide.png

Why are you copy-pasting an image from a DX12 post on a Microsoft Blog?
Although I do believe one of the acquisitions could be IOI, this picture does nothing to support your "theories".

Also, I hope Stardock isn't happening. It would bring nothing new to the Xbox portfolio.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
Fable was said three times so I had to make an appearance.

Fable is in a weird place for the same reason some of Rare's older IP is in a weird place. The industry has grown and changed and there's a fair amount of people who associate it just with fart jokes and bad British accents. Albioin could probably stand to grow up a bit sure, but Fables whimsicle tone and player agency are always gonna be the things that set it apart, fart jokes or not.

Do I think Playground should make a Fable game or new IP? It depends. If they're gonna reboot the franchise, make it gritty or realistic or dark or whatever else might get slapped in front of 'reboot', then I'd rather them just make a new IP. I don't think Fable has to be revived, it has a lot of fans and it could probably do well today, but I'm okay with letting it die. It's my favorite series of all time, I've got tattoos and fan fiction and whatever else, but I'm okay if I never return to Albion. I had my time there.

But if Playground does make a new Fable, they should mature it where appropriate, but be really careful not to lose the charm and tone of the original. The Monty Python does Mother Goose does Arthurian Legend spirit of the original game, balancing silly with serious is Fable.

Just let the developers do whatever the hell they want, Fable is an old IP that needs a complete reboot with new and ambitious ideas.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Why are you copy-pasting an image from a DX12 post on a Microsoft Blog?
Although I do believe one of the acquisitions could be IOI, this picture does nothing to support your "theories".

Well beside all my other theories and there are many. This DX12 blog post shows large game companies that Microsoft probably couldn't buy and first party Microsoft Studios. The only two that doesn't belong is IO and Stardock.

Coincidence?

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Well beside all my other theories and there are many. This DX12 blog post shows large game companies that Microsoft probably couldn't buy and first party Microsoft Studios. The only two that doesn't belong is IO and Stardock.

Coincidence?

Maybe? I mean, it's quite a coincidence that Booty was eating pancakes with shapes that could be referencing those two studios specifically... but it could still be a coincidence.

Klob said we'll be going back to those pictures for the good or the bad, but who knows...

If anything, my theory is that they might have received a LOI, but acquisition deals are still not closed.

EDIT: AND we also got this

Status
Not open for further replies.