Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
That Kate Bornstein excerpt is powerful stuff. Thanks for the wonderful thread, OP. Trans rights are human rights.

CannonBallBob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will advocate with you as an ally. I will continue to ensure individuals are respected.

Trans rights are human rights.

Iggelich

Aug 31, 2019
I'm glad about the progress we have made in recent years regarding recognition of trans people. Still a long way to go.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
for every fuckwit comment you run into on this site remember there is a person who accepts you for who you are and while we wont speak for you, we acknowledge your voice and appreciate your presence in this community

nothing but love for our trans folx

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Happy awareness week for you guys/girls! Just wanted to say that watching Transparent (Amazon) was quite good, but there is one episode of Queer Eye (Netflix) that is just amazing. I dont think people's can not sympathize after watching those. [white cis male opinion so it is possible those shows arent 100% free of shit, but they seemed great to me]

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
This has been another rough week on Era for trans discussions. That South Park thread and the Ricky Gervais thread are an embarrassment (as expected) and I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Ketkat got banned and why that "We need to talk about responding to Trans related issues" thread got closed.

Emmaginary

Self-requested ban
Aug 13, 2019
In a week where many will have heard that a known transphobe is hosting an awards ceremony, a boomer has decided we need to be patient toward transphobes or that South Park is deciding to beat the dead horse over trans athletes.

It's sad but true that our community has faced much bullshit in the very recent past.

But we will persevere.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Trans rights are human rights. And no matter what dumb bullshit gets thrown this way that will still be true.

Spurious bullshit from certain corners that should have our backs isn't gonna stop this train.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
As an egg that is still unsure of themselves, I want to say thank you to all trans folks who already broke out.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy trans awareness week. Sad things happen in the world so events such as this are required to make the world a better place.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
We are here to hear you if you ever need us.
:)

I just want to say thanks for the help you, the rest of TransERA, and the trans community has given me as another egg. I've met my best friend in the irl trans community this year and everyone in the community I've met who I've come out to has been immensely supportive and helpful.

keku

Apr 23, 2019
Keep strong, bigots won't last forever. Pains me to see the mental toll that trans people have to endure due to the world not accepting.

Consider me an ally of anyone who just wants to be happy with out harming anyone.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This has been another rough week on Era for trans discussions. That South Park thread and the Ricky Gervais thread are an embarrassment (as expected) and I'm still trying to wrap my head around why Ketkat got banned and why that "We need to talk about responding to Trans related issues" thread got closed.
PrIvAcY ReAsOnS

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Trans awarenesss week and we have the thread on trans concerns locked, the largest advocate for mental health and trans concerns banned, and a massive portion of the vocal trans and non-binary community afraid or too tired to post in threads concerning themselves and their issues.

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our discontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's. No acknowledgement of the context within which the discontent grew, nor thought to the feelings of those who have had to endure those months.

This really does need to be better. Thank you for everyone that gave support in that thread and this. Seeing non-trans members of the forum showing support is a shot of energy, and always appreciated.

I wish it could be more joyous, but considering the weeks gone and the past 24hrs I really can't feel it. I feel completely deflated.

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trans awarenesss week and we have the thread on trans concerns locked, the largest advocate for mental health and trans concerns banned, and a massive portion of the vocal trans and non-binary community afraid or too tired to post in threads concerning themselves and their issues.

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our dicontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's.

This really does need to be better. Thank you for everyone that gave support in that thread and this. Seeing non-trans members of the forum showing support is a shot of energy, and always appreciated.

I wish it could be more joyous, but considering the weeks gone and the past 24hrs I really can't feel it. I feel completely deflated.
It sucks ass and the worst part is I'm afraid I'll get banned for even talking about it. That's the environment for us that's been created here.

Deleted member 20850

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

And hopefully this place gets better when it comes to trans related topics. The recent past hasn't been promising.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trans rights are human rights are civil rights.

Stand strong against the bullshit, much love to all of you 💙💖

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are awesome and I've learned a lot from reading and listening to y'all

Is GLAAD the best organization to donate to? I had donated in the past to Trans Lifeline because they're part of an donation matching program at work. Trying to research this leads to some suspect as hell reddit links.

NVM: GLAAD has a bunch of resources and info on this.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our dicontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's.

I'm sorry. :(

It's hard not to feel helpless to waking up to such a great thread being locked and a valuable member still banned.

orange_googoo

Jul 30, 2018
Germany (Bavaria)

Yeah I've seen that. It was very sad to witness. I don't post much on here, because I prefer reading, but wanted to say that the trans community is a big part of why I find this forum great. It's awesome to have a place where people can come to and share their experiences and tell their stories, but I too have noticed how more and more people on here try to ridicule people's identities and speak on their behalves. I really hope it does get better, because if the trans community was to abandon this place at large, it would lose an important voice, one that I really appreciate and it would lead to me abandoning my account as well. Diversity and being able to hear voices that are otherwise mostly unheard and being able to engage with them is the reason I come here over any other forum on the Internet. Stay strong!

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
In a week where many will have heard that a known transphobe is hosting an awards ceremony, a boomer has decided we need to be patient toward transphobes or that South Park is deciding to beat the dead horse over trans athletes,
Can you add "LGB Alliance trying to evict Trans people from Activism, and wants to remove the T from LGBT, and how they're actually being generously crowdfunded for that" to the list?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Here's a great article on trans awareness week by performer, writer and theatre-maker Travis Alabanza that I read on Monday.

Good article about the relationship between hyper-awareness and rise in hate crimes. Thanks for sharing.

What if this week, our actions of awareness were less on show?​
What if awareness this week looked like starting a few conversations with people you know about trans people, about our rights and the current climate we're up against; about the rise of anti-trans organisations and what we can do about it?​
What if awareness this week did not look like people changing their social media profile pictures in solidarity with the trans community, but using their platforms to talk about about trans healthcare? Just talking to doctors, nurses and GP receptionists you know about trans issues and how they can better their services would be a huge help.​
What if awareness this week looked like going into work and trying to talk to people about the trans community?​
Or texting your trans friends to ask how they are doing?​
Or walking a trans person home at night because you are aware of the danger in the streets?​

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

You can count me in as one of those people. I used to do it more often on the gaming side, but I got so tired of the same garbage arguments about representation popping up again and again. Off-topic might be even worse. It's exhausting.

Still, let's hope that things will change here. Let's hang in there.

Deleted member 56909

Banned
May 21, 2019
underwater
It's nice to have a thread where we're all here together. I wanna say it's been an emotional rollercoaster this past two weeks and even though I'm stressing it's great that I can call this community home despite it's issues. Let's keep pushing the bar higher and improve together!

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our discontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's.

I get what you mean. Hang in there, though-- this doesn't have to be over yet.

Deleted member 15948

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think you mean Mod Awareness Week, where they feel they need to shut up people in trans threads and defend their shitty decisions.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Trans rights are human rights

I don't even bother participating in all the trans threads that pop up here, it's too exhausting they are always a fucking trainwreck, heck there was one I remember reading not too long ago where one person was clearly antagonising trans members here and when they were told to fuck off with their shit views the trans members were the ones(initially) who got banned. What sort of message does that send?

Seeing a prominent member of the community banned is really, really sad to see, I really do hope that things do get better sometime soon but honestly I'm not optimistic.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Trans rights are fucking human rights, even if this place makes me more often than not feel like we're still very far from people accepting that, especially lately.

Deleted member 14887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS!

This song goes out to all those on this forum and in the wider world that makes any transfolk feel less than human

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

It took months of trans threads being an utter trainwreck and someone outside of the community going "what the fuck?" before any staff post was eventually made. Then even at that stage half of it was about the staff and how voicing our discontent had upset some. Zero mention of the months of being mocked, belittled, dismissed and insulted by people on this forum in every trans thread outside of the OT's.

It's difficult to not feel the same. Extremely disappointed (but not at all surprised) at how things are going on this forum

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Trans Rights are Human Rights!

As someone who has learned a lot about the issues facing the Trans Community I still have a long way to go but I hope to stand up for the community and help you reach the same way of life as I do and as you deserve.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trans people are people, and each and every one of you have value and deserve kindness. You're valid to exist, you're valid to be flawed, you're valid for being you.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
One of the positive things I discovered in recent months had to do with a thread on Gears of War 5 and its inclusion of all sorts of pride flags including trans flags. I'm on mobile at the moment so trying to post them would be a pain, but people should really read up on them and their evolution.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trans rights are human rights!

This place can and should do far better than it has from everyone. I'm sorry people have had to do with the bullshit for so long.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't have any trans people in my personal life, but I do have 2 customers who come by every day, who are trans.
I'm always happy to see them, and doing well. Most customers are shit, it means a lot when you remember a few for being cool.

I wasn't all that aware or (to my own disgrace) even that sympathetic until I started interacting with these two great ladies.

So what I'm saying is, doing a shit job made me learn a whole lot about people. I'm kinda glad about it.

One of the more stupid but funny anecdotes is when our card reader didn't wanna work: She had a credit card that was rainbow coloured, so I blurted out "well I guess the card is too "colourful" for our system right now".
I didn't think what I meant by the dumb joke ever came across at the time, but since that I always get a good tip from her. :P
So maybe it did come across after all.

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I knew how to edit my avatar for this week to make the colors be for trans awareness
No problem:

jUWs1bY.png

If anyone else would like one, just tag me. I'll be going to work soonish but I can handle them when I get home if no one else has.