• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
9-22-20 The Secret of Kells stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, we watched
    1. The Secret of Kells

As expected, this was a gorgeous movie, and pretty fun. The design of the one black character, with his huge lips, was questionable, though. The story progression was odd too, with the big confrontation with a dark god coming before the Viking attack, and there being a largely unseen timeskip after during which the Book of Kells is completed off screen. Still, it's good overall.

~~~

Stream announcement, we're watching
    1. Your Lie in April - 17 - Twilight
    2. Your Lie in April - 18 - Hearts Come Together
    3. Glitch Techs - 205 - The New Recruit
    4. DC Super Hero Girls - 20-21 - #DCSuperHeroBoys

Doubling up on Your Lie until we finish in two weeks.

~~~

LMAO, we literally have a guy arguing with the crew of Equestria Girls that they're wrong, and Sunset isn't bi.

New Belle Eve art!
    sta.sh

Gaming14

gaming14_by_musicfirewind_de5mhmg-pre.png

The-Butcher-X posted a set of new art, but I'll just post the most fabulous one

__human_pony_3____rework_2020__by_the_butcher_x_de5ntu8-pre.jpg

ray_of_sunshine_by_darksly_z_de5jz9a-pre.jpg

sunset_shimmer_day_2020_by_wanderingpegasus_de5lcod-pre.png

9-24-20 Twilight stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Your Lie in April - 17 - Twilight
    2. Your Lie in April - 18 - Hearts Come Together
    3. Glitch Techs - 205 - The New Recruit
    4. DC Super Hero Girls - 20-21 - #DCSuperHeroBoys

Doubling up Your Lie in April worked out pretty well, especially since the first episode led right into the second. There was a nice piano performance and some good comedy. However, the joking but not joking suicide request upset some people in the stream.

Glitch Techs marked the return of Ridley and was pretty fun, though her deciding everyone was betraying her was a bit odd. It was a surprising turn to have Mitch decide to spare her.

DC Super Hero Girls was a story I streamed before, but it's still good. Unexpectedly, some Google sites started failing and this impacted the stream, but thankfully we could just watch it on Netflix and sync up timing.

~~~

I keep forgetting to check for these toy videos.
    www.youtube.com

My Little Pony | The Rainbow Race | My Little Pony Toys | Toys for Kids

👀Watch more Pony Life episodes: https://bit.ly/MorePonyLife ❤️ Subscribe to the My Little Pony Channel: http://bit.ly/SubtoMLP Welcome to the official home o...

This is a relatively fun one. It features Rainbow with an eyepatch. Also, "PONY".

~~~

Forgot to post this earlier, but here's an Among Us animation that uses Pony voices from 15.ai

Bunch more Pinkie chainsaws in the replies

deviantart-Manella-Art-856190535.jpg

9-27-20 OK Pretender stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. #StayHome | #Vegecide 🌱 | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    1. My Little Pony G1 - 38-39 - Fugitive Flowers
    *. #StressTest 📝| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 1 - Let's Be Heroes
    2b. OK KO - 2 - Let's Be Friends!
    *. #Booked 📚| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 1 - CASE1_1: Los Angeles Connection
    *. #ComicGone 💥| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 4 - The Sparrow Scouts
    *. Toonami - Sailor Moon S Promo (1080p HD) - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 90 - Premonition of the Apocalypse: The Mysterious New Guardians Appear
    6. Sailor Moon S - 91 - The Rod of Love is Born: Usagi's New Transformation

The G1 story was pretty fun. Aside from the Peter Cullen crab cop, there was also Tress MacNeille playing a plant creature using more or less her Babs Bunny voice (before that role). It also had a lot of Posey, Fluttershy's precursor, and her oddly green eyes.

We started OK KO. These first episodes were less hectic than I remembered, and also more friendship focused. People seemed to enjoy it.

We started Great Pretender properly, and it had a fun first episode.

Hilda was another fun episode, and featured plant people children in danger of being mulched.

Sailor Moon S featured Ikuhara acting with more freedom and money. The monsters are more horny, there's a lot more twirling, and we're at the point where Tuxedo Mask starts living up to everyone's memories of him being useless; though he was still helpful in the second episode. The stuff with Rei and Usagi reminded me of how their rivalry was oddly absent in R, and it was nice to see again. People seemed to dig S a lot already.

~~~

New Aragon comic!
    www.fimfiction.net

Because Twilight Sparkle Asked

Consider joining my Patreon if you like these comics; I spend a

Some samples
    10.png

58.png

My comment
    Another great comic! Loved the character interactions here, and how expressive the characters can be with just narrow eyes and changes to the mouth. Celestia's students just being able to call a nuke strike whenever goes a long way in explaining things. The serious-ish bits with the two Cadance-Shining pairs interacting were done well, too.

Appreciate the ships included here, too, with SciSet and RariTwi (plus canon Shindace... is that the ship name?).

9-29-20 Song of the Sea stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Song of the Seas

Visually, this was a big step up from The Secret of Kells, and the characters felt more fun and interesting. It was nice to see more Irish folklore, though they were largely just old men now. Also, no one turned into a baby while the universe was being reset or something.

~~~

Sunset Kotobukiya figure preorders are up!
    www.kotous.com

MY LITTLE PONY SUNSET SHIMMER BISHOUJO STATUE

Princess Celestia’s former student, Sunset Shimmer, who fled Canterlot to pursue her own path will now be joining the MY LITTLE PONY BISHOUJO lineup!

~~~

redraw_sunset_shimmer_by_cofotory_de5tdzy-pre.jpg

mlp__fanart__princess_twilight_sparkle_by_stormcloud_yt_de5uut1-pre.jpg

derpibooru-2453993.jpg

deviantart-kimjoman-856566509.jpg

Short Among Us animatic

Important video

Nice remix
    www.youtube.com

My Past is Not Today (Sawtooth Remix)

Out of the ashes, a new Sunset arises. Art in the thumbnail: https://www.deviantart.com/hiccupsdoesart/art/Like-the-Phoenix-burning-bright-523981664 Download...

10-1-20 Island of Fear stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Late stream followup, we watched
    1. Your Lie in April - 19 - Goodbye Hero
    2. Your Lie in April - 20 - Hand in Hand
    3. The Little Mermaid - 26 - Island of Fear
    4. Captain N - 9 - Nightmare on Mother Brain's Street

Your Lie in April is setting up for the ending, and the last episode ended on a pretty dour note. Hopefully things turn out well next week.

And after that, we began our Halloween episodes! The Little Mermaid started slow, but then we got to a mad scientist's castle and CRAB EXPERIMENTS. Sebastian's VA is good at screaming.

Tell me, given that TLM the Series takes place before the movie, and Ariel saw this man, do you think it makes canonical sense that she'd want to become human?
    vlcsnap-2020-10-01-19h24m50s182.png

All the voices are the same between the movie and show with the exceptions of Scuttle and Flounder. Flounder was voiced by an actual kid in the movie, and he isn't in the show, but even beyond that, they went with an unexpectedly deep voice for him.

Captain N was more a sampler of the show than a particularly Halloween-themed or silly episode, showing off how dumb the show is in general. Simon Belmont is a selfish blowhard scaredy-cat, and Mega Man and Pit are stupidly weak. Also there are random Mario sounds everywhere. It wasn't as bizarrely entertaining as the The Little Mermaid episode, but still fun.

~~~

www.forbes.com

Exclusive: Renegade Game Studios Extends Partnership With Hasbro

In an exclusive interview, the President and Publisher of Renegade Games Studio discusses their newly announced partnership with Hasbro to produce new card and role playing games for the GI Joe. My Little Pony, Power Rangers and Transformers brands.
    Today, Renegade Game Studios announced an extension to its partnership with Hasbro to produce games for the hobby market. In addition to more games featuring the Power Rangers brand, Renegade will produce card and roleplaying games for Transformers, My Little Pony and G.I. Joe brands.

Did the previous MLP card game officially end? Though I suppose it's ambiguous what MLP is getting.

~~~

Nice animation

Fun video; Appul Adventure 1 is a bit dull, IMO

Translated upload of a Chinese animation from 2016, using a Japanese song

10-4-20 Yucie returns stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - Theme Song (Horror Version) 😱 - YouTube
    1. FiM - 204 - Luna Eclipsed
    *. My Little Pony 💖 NEW 💖 Twilight Sparkle's Crazy Shrinking Potion | My Little Pony Toys - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 3 - You're Everybody's Sidekick
    2b. OK KO - 4 - We Messed Up
    *. Spooky Night - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 2 - CASE1_2: Los Angeles Connection
    *. spook - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 5 - The Troll Rock
    *. Pony Busters (2016) Trailer - Ghost Busters My Little Pony Parody - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 92 - A Handsome Boy? Haruka Tenoh's Secret
    *. My Little Pony's Defbed (feat. Unico) - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 1 - A New Platinum Princess Candidate

Bringing back Friendship is Magic for the spooks! There were a lot of small details about "Luna Eclipsed" that I had forgotten, including a lot of the costumes and Luna not knowing what fun is. It's still a fun episode.

OK KO had two really good episodes, the second especially, with tons of great Mr. Gar gags. It also begins the running gag of Cowboy Bebop style vague flashbacks.

Great Pretender was more character introduction and set up. Nothing much to say, but it's been enjoyable. Cat ending is still great.

Hilda was good. One really wonders about Trollburg's defenses if a troll got in so easily.

Sailor Moon S featured the proper introduction of the cousins lovers Haruka and Michiru, and our first proper view of the totally unrelated Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune. Usagi and Minako bounced off each other really well here, though they ended up acting in very similar ways. Also, there's a freaking car monster that lowers her windshield to show her boobs (and her energy-draining star), and they fling a motorcycle into her.

We watched this Yucie episode before, but I remembered basically nothing about it. The dub was pretty weak, and the story was alright.

~~~

trixie_by_spacekitsch_de69qnu-pre.jpg

10-6-20 The Curse of the Were-Rabbit stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

I hadn't seen this movie since it came out, and it's still fun. However, I think it's ultimately on the weaker end for Wallace and Gromit stories. The twist of Wallace being the Were-Rabbit was so obvious that the fact that characters didn't see it right away was a bigger twist.

Back when this movie came out, my family chose between this and and The Corpse Bride and went with this to watch in theaters. I still haven't seen The Corpse Bride, so I'll make that next week's movie.

10-8-20 Your Lie in April end stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Your Lie in April - 21 - Snow
    2. Your Lie in April - 22 (END) - Spring Breeze
    3. Underfist

Your Lie in April was a fine show overall, but I definitely felt it lost its way a bit after resolving Kosei's issues with his mother. It kind of felt like the story was just about waiting for Kaori to die and it was buying time until then. The lie in the title also felt underwhelming, that "Kaori likes Ryota" and the truth was that she always liked Kosei. Given her stated goal of living her life after learning she was going to die, it felt odd that pretending to love someone else would be her course of action.

Underfist was a real mixed bag. There were some great gags and nice moments, but it was too many characters, not enough story. Fred Fredburger especially was a hugely annoying character, and I could have gone without the spider too. The need for specific comic relief characters in stories where everyone's comedic always felt weird. The best parts were really just the parts with Billy and Mandy themselves, which undermines this as a potential spinoff, I feel. Well, not that it had a chance in the Live Action Cartoon Network era.

~~~

Keeping track of other MLP threads, as always. It's FiM's tenth anniversary!
    www.resetera.com

10 years ago, a lesson in friendship "Sparkled" a Magical Equestrian Phenomenon! (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

I never imagined how the power of friendship, which can be the key to saving a world of small colorful talking horses, would attract well beyond its intended demographic, and explode in such massive popularity as one of The Hub Network/DIscovery Family's leading programs. Once a college...

~~~

And a bunch more art I posted on Discord over the past couple days.

Twilight-focused PMV
    www.youtube.com

[PMV] In My Eyes

Hello guys! It's me again! This time I bring you guys a new PMV but made by my friend PremiereMouse. This is his first pmv,and as you can see,it's already ex...

10-11-20 FiM 10th Anniversary stream; Chat - Fluttermoon
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. FiM - 110 - Swarm of the Century
    2. FiM - 309 - Spike At Your Service
    3. FiM - 414 - Filli Vanilli
    4. FiM - 518 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark
    5. FiM - 819 - On the Road to Friendship
    6. FiM - 723 - Secrets and Pies
    7. FiM - 926 - The Last Problem

Had to rearrange things after some difficulties with "Secrets and Pies".

Not too much to say here, really. The good episodes were still good. "Spike At Your Service" was more mediocre, as opposed to outright bad, than I remembered. It was a good stream.

~~~

We had a chat story the other day! It's been a while.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

M.A. Larson Did a Q&A On 4chan, Revealing Cancelled Scripts, Early Show Discussion, and More!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic News, Brony and bronies, my little pony merchandise, pony art, pony music, pony media

It's pretty gross that Larson is still posting on 4chan, but there's some interesting stuff here. Most notable are script samples from the Legally Blonde parody that would go on to be replaced by "Rarity Investigates", and a story premise that would have explained Applejack's parents in a different way. Well, her mother at least. No mention of her father. Seeing a satyr would have been interesting, but "The Perfect Pear" seems better than this story. Plus, explaining Big Mac's size like this is weird when there were background ponies that used his model right from episode 1.

~~~

New ForgaLorga! This is a relaxed one even for these animations.

Nice remix

10-13-20 Corpse Bride stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Corpse Bride

This was a nicely animated film with an interesting premise, but it felt oddly uninterested in really exploring it much. There isn't much worldbuilding, and the characters are very plain, with much of their interactions being them simply failing to communicate. The songs were incredibly forgettable, feeling like budget The Nightmare Before Christmas songs at best. It was also quite uneventful, and I felt I could look away for minutes and not really miss anything. It isn't a bad film, per say, but nothing remarkable.

I mentioned that when this was in theaters, my family chose to watch Curse of the Were-Rabbit instead, and I think that was the right choice.

~~~

Nice remix
    www.youtube.com

Being Big Is All It Takes (Faulty Remix)

Oh man 10 years of pony, time really does fly when you're having fun doesn't it... but you know what, if i could go back 9 years when i found this fandom i w...

Good group cover. This is one of those videos where a bunch of people sing a song one line at a time.
    www.youtube.com

The Magic of Friendship Grows Around the World (Music Video)

On October 12, 2019, the final season of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"ended with an epilogue episode named "The Last Problem" where the Mane Six are ...

10-15-20 Scariest stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 1 - The Beginning
    2. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 2 - The Secret
    3. The Scariest Story Ever - A Mickey Mouse Halloween Spooktacular!
    4. Hey Arnold - 207 - Arnold's Halloween

Higurashi seemed to be a pretty fun group watch, probably better in person when you could all go, "Ohhh!" when there are moments like Keiichi joking about finding a body in the junkyard and the photographer says, "Yeah, they never did find the arm," and Keiichi goes, "Wait, what?"

I knew the start of the show would have cutesy moe stuff, but I was surprised they didn't go straight into the killer anime girls stuff by the end of the first episode, or even the end of the second. Instead, they're building up the mystery a lot. Fewer lols than expected, but more Colonel Sanders.

It does feel contrived that this police officer would specifically go to a schoolkid like Keiichi, but whatever.

The other two shows were a lot of fun. There was some gruesome imagery in the Mickey Mouse special that I really didn't expect. For the Hey Arnold episode, everyone generally agreed that Helga's dad would be a Trump voter and militia member now.

~~~

I've read these fics
    www.fimfiction.net

Spectral

The Starswirl the Bearded Wing is burning, taking with it Equestria's most powerful spells and any hope of hiding Princess Twilight Sparkle's greatest secret.
    Chapter 2
    This was an interesting chapter. It's still unclear what this is leading to on the mystery side, but now we see why the fic's called Spectral. It's interesting to depict Twilight as on the autism spectrum but absolutely unwilling to admit it, or admit that she could do things to make her life easier.

I'm unclear, so enough time has passed that Twilight's friends are dead, but not enough for Moondancer, Starlight, and Sunset to pass? Or are the other Mane Six not dead?

Twilight mentioning Guardian Angel having served her time is definitely another hint that this is Cozy Glow.

www.fimfiction.net

The Setting Sun

Two Canterlot elites wed for all the reasons aside from love, and their struggles to make their marriage work are only complicated when a daughter enters their lives.
    Chapter 5
    Good chapter, though I of course had no context for the things covered in other fics. Sunset throwing a cake at Golden seems rude, but I imagine there was an explanation in the fic that comes from. It's taking them a really long time, but it's nice to see that Brass is figuring things out. I was going to mention how we haven't seen Golden's perspective, but I saw your comment above indicating that we'd get it next chapter (which is also why I'm posting this comment here first).

~~~

New Gameloft Starlight outfits!

Leading to art

And another cute Starlight
    EkSIlxwU4AAgLx2.jpg%3Alarge

EkTMqXvUcAAVUTk.png%3Alarge

And RariTwi
    EkZkYc5XgAA8eZs.jpg%3Alarge

10-18-20 The Ghost of Paradise Estate stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. My Little Pony G1 - 11-12 - The Ghost of Paradise Estate part 1-2
    2a. OK KO - 5 - Jethro's All Yours
    2b. OK KO - 6 - You're Level 100!
    3. Great Pretender - 3 - CASE1_3: Los Angeles Connection
    4. Hilda - 6 - The Nightmare Spirit
    5. Sailor Moon S - 93 - Usagi's Idol: The Graceful Genius Michiru
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 2 - A Rival? Yucie Goes to School

The G1 story went some crazy places. Started off with a ghost that had a song where every line ended with "ooo", then it turned out the ghost was really a shapeshifting bird, then it turned out that bird was working for an immortal octopus, then the bird turned into a mirror and burned down the ponies' home.

OK KO was fun, introducing best goomba Jethro and demonstrating a Unite Fist.

Great Pretender got pretty stressful, with things seeming to spiral out of control, but I assume we'll see the real plan next episode.

Hilda was an episode we streamed before, and it's still good. I had forgotten a lot of what happened.

Sailor Moon was good, and these monsters of the week keep getting crazier. I was kind of surprised to see an episode about Usagi and Mamoru's relationship, and with it presented in a good way.

The second Yucie episode was much more entertaining than the first, mainly due to the rival in question. Who also magically looks younger than she actually is.

~~~

1. Coraline

~~~

deviantart-AndeKanata-857301955.jpg

Ekt6JlcX0AIiAWC.jpg%3Alarge

EkeFXsCWAAIe0h5.jpg%3Alarge

EkfT4U1VMAERiHA.jpg%3Alarge

EkjtlONUcAAuT1O.jpg%3Alarge

Ekm7WmMXIAAziUa.jpg%3Alarge

Eknda5GXIAM29YZ.jpg%3Alarge

EkkURvfUUAEBnQM.jpg%3Alarge

Some cuteness
    www.youtube.com

Cute ponies for when you have anxiety [Bilibili repost see desc]

Don't worry, be happy.Cute ponies for when you have anxiety. 127 seconds of pure pony content.----Subscribe for weekly (or more) uploads from within the Chin...

Amazing PMV, must watch. Also starts with an arrangement from Your Lie in April

10-20-20 Coraline stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Coraline

Still a good movie with great stop motion animation. The addition of Wybie is still awkward, though. The bit with fetching the three ghosts felt oddly gamey.

~~~

1. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 3 - Suspicion
    2. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 4 - Disturbance
    3. Amphibia - 211 - The Shut-In!
    4. The Great Bear Scare

Ending the stream with some nostalgic jank

~~~

I've read the following.

www.fimfiction.net

In Colour

Blindness, contrary to what Rainbow had always imagined, was not like being in a dark room.
    Another great "pony gets old and dies" story from you, Seer! That sounds facetious, but all of these have been really good. I especially love the way you presented the colors here.

www.fimfiction.net

The Setting Sun

Two Canterlot elites wed for all the reasons aside from love, and their struggles to make their marriage work are only complicated when a daughter enters their lives.
    Chapter 6 (END)
    This was a good ending to the story. Like the others, I didn't expect an amicable divorce, Going to meet Sunspot also turned out way better than I expected. I didn't recognize Sunburst's dad's fan name, but I figured he'd be Sunburst's dad once it was mentioned he moved to Sire's Hollow.

Alas, this is probably the point where I jump off the Who We Become train. Got too big a backlog to commit to an ongoing long running series.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

Welcome to the Show Breaks 300 Million Views on Youtube - The Most Viewed Pony Song

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic News, Brony and bronies, my little pony merchandise, pony art, pony music, pony media

And that's just one upload of it. I think the initial million milestones were from a combination of the song's actual quality, and it semi-arbitrarily getting pushed by YouTube's recommendation system. The recommendation system doesn't really apply anymore, after the changes to videos targeted at kids, but videos that already have tons of views naturally tend to get more views.

~~~

Pony cover of the Doki Doki Literature Club song
    www.youtube.com

Doki Doki Forever - MLP Version - Month of Macabre

#mylittlepony #mlp #dokidokliteratureclub #grimdark #DDLC TADAAAAAA It's finally here, after a year of working on all the vectors for all the ponies, the col...

We've been seeing a ton of short hair art thanks to these tweets and others by this uploader

Art:

And other art
    EkzOPKDXUAEDSHz.jpg%3Alarge

Ek4MdMwVkAE8LYU.jpg%3Alarge

Ekt1WUkUcAERwds.jpg%3Alarge

Ektj_ipUYAA9UPP.jpg%3Alarge

Fantastic comic

First panel
    EkeN1r-XEAQNWrX.jpg%3Alarge

10-22-20 The Great Bear Scare stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 3 - Suspicion
    2. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni - 4 - Disturbance
    3. Amphibia - 211 - The Shut-In!
    4. The Great Bear Scare

Well, that was a short series. But seriously, that was a fun thriller, and it seems like people are interested enough to continue, so it'll be part of the regular stream. At the start to make it easy to skip.

This was my first streaming of an Amphibia episode, and it seemed to go over well.

Lastly, some 80's jank that couldn't even afford inbetween frames. I'm reminded of when Nostalgia Critic covered this and he somehow couldn't comprehend that the fades in and out weren't literally being drawn by them. Anyway, it was some mild fun with some incredibly incompetent monsters. There was one gag I actually did like, though. A bunch of monsters walk out of a tent for several seconds, and then the tent itself follows after them.

I'm thinking the next Tuesday and next Thursday stream will both be movies. Then on November 5, both Higurashi and season 3 of Kipo will join the normal schedule.

~~~

10-25-20 Nightmare Night stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. ...What Friendship Could Be (PMV) - YouTube
    1. My Little Pony G1 - 13-14 - The Ghost of Paradise Estate part 3-4
    *. What's This Storyboard (its never getting finished lol) - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 7 - I Am Dendy
    2b. OK KO - 8 - Sibling Rivalry
    *. "The SCARIEST Costume" MLP Animatic Song - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 4 - CASE1_4: Los Angeles Connection
    *. Your nightmare - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 7 - The Lost Clan
    *. My Little Pony in the Sims - Octavia's Nightmare Night - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 94 - Protect the Pure Heart: The Three-Way Battle
    *. [MLP Comic Dub] Nightmare Nighting (comedy) - MONTH OF MACABRE - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 3 - Exciting First Job
    *. Nightmare Night [SFM] - YouTube

People were slow to join, even after the super long starting PMV, but we got the full crew eventually.

The second half of this G1 story lacked the horror themes of the first, alas, but we did get the most bizarre transformation I've ever seen, of two birds merging into a two-bird-headed buzzsaw. Also had Meghan coldly watching as the villain is sucked into a whirlpool.

OK KO introduced two of my favorite characters in the show, Dendy and Raymond. I forgot just how sports-focused Raymond was in his intro. Dendy was also way more friendly in her intro than I remembered. People in the stream seemed to like them too.

Great Pretender was alright; it seemed like it was stalling the story a bit. The arc ends next episode.

Hilda was a fun episode. And it had a lot of animals.

Sailor Moon was really good, and had a crazy monster design.
    vlcsnap-2020-10-25-16h31m19s062.png

Seriously, vacuum tubes attached to her boobs.

With this Yucie episode, I've been the farthest away from episode one I've ever been. It was fun.

~~~

Cute animation
    www.youtube.com

Practice what you Preach (MLP Animation)

Changelings are notorious for transforming into anything or anyone. Some are also notorious for mimicry and hypocrisy. This was originally a comic strip I ma...

10-27-20 Let's Get Dangerous stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. 2020 (A 1917 Parody) - YouTube
    2. DuckTales (2017) - 312 - Let's Get Dangerous

The intended surprise stream didn't work out, so instead we watched things that are on YouTube.

2020 is a fun and well-made video, though some of the gags are a bit forced.

For the DuckTales airing, we had a couple people who hadn't been watching the new show, and some people who hadn't watched Darkwing Duck, so that was interesting. I still am not a huge fan of this episode (see my review in the DuckTales thread), but it was enjoyable enough.

~~~

(RIP Twilight)

deviantart-Shimazun-859156619.jpg

deviantart-tyuubatu-859140065.jpg

deviantart-Haden-2375-859067696.jpg

deviantart-pfeffarooart-859282066.jpg

www.pixiv.net

☆ by くずゆ
    85226098_p0_master1200.png

friendship_is_owl_house___commission___deltasierra_by_mdragonflame_de7da9p-pre.png

10-29-20 Halloweentown II stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Halloweentown II - Kalabar's Revenge

This was a fun dumb movie, with bad computer effects that the movie was way too proud of, a revenge that didn't actually involve Kalabar, and casual time travel. Practical costumes and effects were actually pretty good. I hadn't seen this before, as it came out right after I transitioned away from Disney Channel.

During the party in the movie, there was a dumb Halloween themed boy band song in the background that I tried to listen to. Thankfully, it was the ending credits song.

~~~

natural_beauty_v3_by_kathana_da_de7rnql-pre.jpg

deviantart-Marenlicious-859586944.jpg

Weird Sunset design, but it's based on her old doll

11-1-20 The Glass Princess stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. Bakemonogatari ending, re-imagined as Equestria Girls - YouTube
    1. MLP G1 - 16-17 - The Glass Princess part 1-2
    *. Practice what you Preach (MLP Animation) - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 9 - You Get Me
    2b. OK KO - 10 - Do You Have Any More in the Back?
    *. Cute ponies for when you have anxiety - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 5 - CASE1_5: Los Angeles Connection
    *. The Magic of Friendship Grows Around the World (Music Video) - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 8 - The Tide Mice
    *. CMC Tribute | PMV Collab - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 95 - Let Moon Help with Your Love Problems
    *. [PMV] In My Eyes - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 4 - What'll I Do?! Hairball Panic

The G1 story actually had notably weaker animation than the other episodes we watched, which was a bit surprising, since it didn't normally have good animation in the first place. There were some fun bits toward the end, but it was largely mediocre.

OK KO had a really good set of episodes. Wallace Shawn, who played Vizzini in The Princess Bride, guest stars in the first episode, and is great in it. Plus his character, Wally the White, has a good leitmotif.

We ended the first arc of Great Pretender, and as expected, there were a lot more people in on it than we were led to believe (unless you watched a grifting movie before). People enjoy the show well enough, though, so we're continuing.

Hilda was a lot of fun, as expected by an adorable young girl committing horrific witchcraft and stealing souls.

Sailor Moon was great, and Usagi was especially funny this episode. It's really interesting seeing how much of a difference the new dub is making to my impression of her. Give her a cute laugh instead of an annoying one and she comes off as charmingly dumb. Also, Naru and Umino returned after a long absence; Michiru and Haruka take part in a couple contest and no one gets upset or even really points it out; the daimon in this episode is the least weirdly sexual one yet, despite being made from a heart statue; and the daimon's attack where she summons handsome boys to dance with the girls that are attracted to guys then transform into monsters seconds later is hilarious.

Yucie was alright, though I didn't really get what was going on with the griffon.

~~~

On request, there will be no stream tomorrow. They're just not interested in a distraction, I suppose.

~~~

EleV-BPVoAMc4KA.jpg%3Alarge

Elw5c3iU8AAcGjC.jpg%3Alarge

rawrienstein.tumblr.com

Rawrienstein Draws!

What is your opinion on raritwi? I think it’s pretty good.
    22e71e626c9f4ba10f12e0fea81cb02b884fd14d.png

ElyLfCqXEAE8arS.png%3Alarge

El2EM3sXEAQpDh7.jpg%3Alarge

El1U_QlWkAAJ0JB.jpg%3Alarge

deviantart-iojknmiojknm-860006867.jpg

deviantart-iojknmiojknm-860006971.jpg

New Belle Eve art!
    Elx2A5YXEAYk3Q0.jpg%3Alarge

Nice short animation

11-4-20 The Final Problem stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, in an unadvertised Wednesday stream, we watched
    1. Sherlock - 403 - The Final Problem

I needed to watch something bad and baffling to vicariously react to the election, and after Sarah Z's recent Sherlock video, this fit that need. You know an episode is bad when Mycroft being accosted by a clown is by far the best part. An antagonist that for practical purposes is magic, nonsense twists, unsatisfying character moments, it's just a huge mess. There was no one in the stream that hadn't already seen it, alas. Crazy that this was from three years ago; I suppose I wouldn't say I thought it was more recent, but it's still weird.

~~~

Stream tomorrow too!
    1. Higurashi - 5 - Jealousy (Chapter: Cotton Drifting, Part 1)
    2. Glitch Techs - 206 - Find the Glitch
    3. DC Super Hero Girls - 22-23 - Frenemies
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 301 - Everything is Crabs

It's a bit weird going back to these after so long.

~~~

hugs__by_danmakuman_de843r2-pre.png

deviantart-VinilyArt-860145990.jpg

Nice cover

Kind of interesting animatic
    www.youtube.com

"Easier" Animatic - New Dawn

NOTE: This is not going to be a part of the official production itself! This is promotional material meant to help encourage people to audition for the audio...

Good Twilight PMV

Nice animation

Cute video; I thought the crush was supposed to be Starlight at first, but it's Twilight
    www.youtube.com

Tough Luck ft. DaWillstanator, FatefulSword, & Sugar Cloud

My attempt at cring- I mean, love story. It looked way cuter in my head okay!? 😆 Thanks for watching! - Thanks to these VAs! They are heroes for adding magic...

23 minute PMV, using a single long song. It's good, but very much a "play while doing other things" video
    www.youtube.com

PMV | Singularity

To celebrate 10 years of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (20 days later lol), I have made this PMV, which is my 16th, and, by far, the longest of my chan...

Nice calming video
    www.youtube.com

良 馬 𝓒𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓬 𝓓𝓪𝓼𝓱 [Vaporwave Pony]

BGM: 嘉禾天橙國際大影院 (Jiahe Tiancheng International Cinema) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ke0-Iu6e7U ---- Subscribe for weekly (or more) uploads from within the...

11-5-20 Kipo season 3 start stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 5 - Jealousy (Chapter: Cotton Drifting, Part 1)
    2. Glitch Techs - 206 - Find the Glitch
    3. DC Super Hero Girls - 22-23 - #Frenemies
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 301 - Everything is Crabs

Higurashi reset the timeline back to when everyone is having friendly chibi interactions, and introduced Mion's shy sister Shion. I'm sure this timeline will be fine. The episode was fun enough, though leaned more into fanservice, which was annoying.

Glitch Techs ended up being a psuedo recap episode, appropriately enough. All the characters commented on, requested, and modified clips, which helped cover up the cost saving aspects of the story, and made it pretty fun.

DC Super Hero Girls introduced the villain girls group, well after they already appeared as a group, brought Harley Quinn to Metropolis, and gave everyone transformation sequences. It was a fun story.

Then we started Kipo again! This was largely set up, and with Kipo having regular access to a giant jaguar form, we now have kaiju battles.

It was kind of weird getting back to all these shows again after a long break.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

Fluttershy Gets a Hello Pinkie Pie Episode, and Applejack Appears Too

They snuck new Hello Pinkie Pie episodes in the middle of one of their compilation videos.

Fluttershy episode

The random animals felt kind of familiar; they didn't look great regardless. Fluttershy's voice is alright. The story was fun.

Mane Six episode (introducing Applejack's voice)

Applejack and Rainbow got pretty into praising each other. This was cute.

~~~

Made a new indulgent fanfic
    www.fimfiction.net

Pony Games Done Quick: The Enchanted Library

Pony Games Done Quick showcases speedrunners playing through the best My Little Pony fanfics, and next up is The Enchanted Library!

~~~

Honestly, I feel like the Polish and Finnish versions of "We Shine Brighter Together" sound better during the chorus than the English version.

Theme's "gaze upon my gems" is nowhere near as good, though.
    www.youtube.com

[Finnish] MLP: Pony Life - theme song

Performed by: Katja Aakkula, Taru TikkanenLyrics:Ihanaa ja hieman sekavaakin taikuuttayllättävääkin vauhtiiRarity: Katso säihkettäin!Se on hauskaasöpöt kun o...

By the way, Pony Life is officially starting in the US later today!

~~~

smal_fluttershy_redesign_by_melodythepuppy_de88rxy-pre.jpg

so_much_more_to_me_by_the_park_de89bh7-pre.jpg

deviantart-nendo23-860374404.jpg

EmETtX0VkAA4s0w.jpg%3Alarge

Nice simple animation
    www.youtube.com

Hide and Seek || MLP animatic || Pinkamena vs Rainbow Dash [Flashing Warning]

What happens when Pinkamena Diane Pie plays a deadly game of hide and seek with Rainbow Dash?Music: Hide and Seek, vocaloid coverhttps://www.youtube.com/watc...

11-8-20 Not Lesbian stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. PMV Shake Your Groove Thing - YouTube
    1. MLP G1 - 18-19 - The Glass Princess part 3-4
    *. We Didn't Start the Fire (PMV) - In Celebration of 5 years of MLP:FiM - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 11 - Just Be a Pebble
    2b. OK KO - 12 - Presenting Joe Cuppa
    *. Party in the PIA - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 6 - CASE2_1: Singapore Sky
    *. Photo Party [Animation] - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 9 - The Ghost
    *. PMV - Party of Four (Pony Animation) - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 96 - Coldhearted Uranus: Makoto in Danger
    *. Celebrate [MEP] 20K+ Special - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 5 - Memories... A Garden from a Time Far Away

Videos this time were celebration themed.

MLP ended with the pig that was turning everyone into glass suddenly reforming once she has to do it in person, and then her raptorian underlings are turned to glass. Then she destroys the cape that gave her this power, so I guess they're straight up dead.

I've mostly forgotten these OK KO episodes, but they were still good. The latter especially more so than I remembered.

Great Pretender started out with a Donald Trump stand in getting grifted. Timely! Then our protagonist once again finds that his entire life is getting manipulated, which felt more like a stretch this time.

Hilda had a great twist on the poltergeist trope, with the ghost being the one to clean everything up. However, this episode was a bit less on the fun side, what with the ending having the friends split up.

Sailor Moon S featured a lot of gayness, which was hilariously censored in the Cloverfield dub to be about Makoto/Lita just looking for a new best friend that's better than Usagi/Serena. I'm curious how close all the dialogue here was to the sub, since some of it felt a bit more modern than something you'd hear in the 90's, even in anime. I thought the monster of this episode was again less weirdly sexual than usual, but then she straight up ripped her clothes apart at the chest to expose her black heart. It was a good episode.

Yucie was alright. Not much to say here.

~~~

For Tuesday's stream, we're going to actually watch what Uber's surprise was intended to be.

11-10-20 Something stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, we watched... something. It was good.

~~~

1. Higurashi - 6 - Takano (Cotton Drifting, Part 2)
    2. Glitch Techs - 207 - The Real Glitch Techs
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 24 - #SoulSisters Part 1
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 25 - #SoulSisters Part 2
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 302 - Code Word Milkshake

~~~

Unreleased song demos!

People really like this one, though it strikes a really different tone from the final "Luna's Future".

This is pretty similar to the final one.

It's interesting to see how many extra "and"s and "as"s were cut from the final song.

~~~

I got talked about in a podcast, which reviewed one of my fics, "Equestria Girls: The True Story". Starting at 33:40.
    pony411.libsyn.com

Pony 411: Episode 301- Pinkie and The Brain

Show notes: Time for episode 301! It opens with a tiny of news, like a new comic synopsis. There's also some convention announcements and the fact Pony Life is now airing in the US. Finally. Alca7raz and Nemesis then get into the final issue of Friendship in Disguise! It's the final showdown...

~~~

I got a commissioned fic back!
    www.fimfiction.net

Color Theory

Twilight and Rarity play magic, and discuss what colors fit them.

Great job on this! Loved the moment where after spending so much time talking about how she isn't red, Rarity proceeded to plop down a Mountain. Definitely worth the commission!

~~~

Good IRL Pony video

deviantart-nendo23-860795722.jpg

1.png

EmloIOAU4AARRPA.jpg%3Alarge

celestia_portrait_by_miokomata_de8iq82-pre.jpg

11-12-20 Dab stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 6 - Takano (Cotton Drifting, Part 2)
    2. Glitch Techs - 207 - The Real Glitch Techs
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 24 - #SoulSisters Part 1
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 25 - #SoulSisters Part 2
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 302 - Code Word Milkshake

Higurashi shifted back to horror and mystery, with a bit more revealed about the town's god and how he doesn't exactly have a light history. Keiichi also continues to be a terrible liar, and needs to be more careful about phone calls (I assume). This seemed to have a better reception than last week's episode.

Glitch Techs introduced a rival group that makes straight up Ginyu Force poses, plus dabs, and it was fun.

DC Super Hero Girls introduced Katana, who works out with Diana, completely wrecks everyone, and yes, gets nerfed now that she's a good guy after this point. There was a pattern of the story's problem only being solved by the one focus girl, and this is the most obvious example of that. However, this was still a very fun story, particularly with the girls hiding the villain bodies (something she has a lot of experience with) and the silent library fight.

Kipo featured them finding Amelia's lab and rescuing her captives already, which was a surprise. It felt off that Kipo and the others just left, even if it was clear that the other humans weren't being won over by her. Also, K-Pop narwhals.

~~~

terrified_crying_flutters_by_symbianl_de8nqqy-pre.jpg

deviantart-MelanySchaffer-861048090.jpg

EmmoY2QWMAA6rb8.jpg%3Alarge

235570645809758208.png
    235570645809758208.png
    235570645809758208.png

Octavio Pie art exists

EmoPqYCXUAA1Yo6.jpg%3Alarge

EmjEHCzXIAAE1e9.jpg%3Alarge

EknldanVcAEhx1c.png%3Alarge

EmtBN9nW4AU8zWn.jpg%3Alarge

Empi158UcAAhnHb.jpg%3Alarge

EmvgYOyXIAI0cEP.jpg%3Alarge

EmvmAmxWMAcj1qW.jpg%3Alarge

Emv57ETXUAUbvn5.jpg%3Alarge

EmwOS1lVEAAZ0n2.jpg%3Alarge

Emwfyi8XIAAxmL-.jpg%3Alarge

RebelTaxi goes into Las Pegasus Unicon, interviewing Saberspark. The video's pretty good; and yes, it points out at the end that this actually predates Dashcon.

Cute animation from October I missed.

Also, a Friendship is Musical video I missed.

11-15-20 See You Later stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. #SoulTaken ⚔️| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    1. Fruits Basket - 215 - See You Later
    *. #ToughCrowd 🎩| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 13 - My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad
    2b. OK KO - 14 - We've Got Pests
    *. Booth Boot 🍨| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 7 - CASE2_2: Singapore Sky
    *. #SofaSoGood 🛋| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 10 - The Storm
    *. #TheBeeStandsAlone 🐝| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 97 - The Labyrinth of Water: Ami Targeted
    *. #VeggieBurritoBucket 🌯| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 6 - Could It Be Him? The Encounter Comes Without Notice

DC Super Hero Girls shorts are back, now that Katana was introduced in normal episodes.

Fruits Basket featured the long-awaited parent-teacher conferences, leading to family drama, and it was good.

OK KO was a relatively weak set of episodes, especially the second, but still solid. The second episode's ending is really what makes it.

Great Pretender featured a bit more backstory hints, and more setup for the grift. I wonder if Abby winning the plane race against an experienced pilot was legitimate skill or part of the grift.

Hilda escalated things with an actual villain and Hilda knocked all the way back to where she started the show off, making for an interesting episode.

Sailor Moon was a good Ami focus episode, though given that, it was odd that she didn't play a part in defeating the monster. I was thinking that Ami and Mamoru's interactions were a bit romantic in the early part of the episode, so I was surprised they actually leaned into that at the end with Usagi getting jealous.

Yucie introduced a super 90's/00's love interest that Yucie hates for now and he's a jerk to her. He just felt like a jerk to me. It was odd how the episode started with a horror theme but then completely dropped it.

~~~

1. Weathering With You

Finally getting around to this movie!

11-17-20 Weathering With You stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Weathering With You

This was a gorgeous film, and I thought the more dirty and low-class focus of the story was interesting, but it just didn't feel as polished a story as Your Name. I will give it kudos for sticking to a semi-apocalyptic ending, giving a real cost to Hodaka rescuing Hina, though others in the stream didn't like this aspect as much.

The McDonald's product placement at the start was odd, with a Big Mac saving the day (eeyup), but the product placement in general dropped off after that point. The Your Name cameos were neat, though with the ending, I imagine this isn't really the same continuity; or at least it branched at the successful rescue.

I feel like the story would have worked better if Hodaka was an immigrant rather than a runaway from another part of Japan; there is plenty of illegal immigration in Japan too.

~~~

I've read this fic
    www.fimfiction.net

Amending Memories

Kissing is irrational. Take it from a pony who's never done it.
    Great speedwrite! You did a good job getting us into Moondancer's headspace.

11-19-20 Lies stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 7 - Lies (Cotton Drifting, Part 3)
    2. Glitch Techs - 208 - Settling the Score
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 27 - #RageCat
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 28 - #TheGoodTheBadAndTheBizarre
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 303 - A Wolf in Wolf's Clothing

Higurashi included the expected twist that Keiichi was talking to Mion and not Shion, but what surprised me is that Shion was straight up gone and how long Mion was pretending to be her.

Glitch Techs had some great dance battling, and also had the other Glitch Techs team return way sooner than I expected.

DC Super Hero Girls introduced Dex-Starr the Red Lantern Kitty; I was a bit disappointed that the other stream watchers already recognized him, and thus the twist didn't surprise them. Both episodes were good.

Kipo reintroduced Wolf's adopted sister, so I guess that means she didn't kill her. I wondered if Wolf killed anyone, but it seems like she killed the wolf parents from some of the dialogue; I was confused because the wolf sister didn't seem that upset at Wolf. Odd dog sizes and the incredibly obvious trap that everyone in the stream saw coming aside, it was a good episode.

11-22-20 Oh Meow stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup; I really should get back to doing these day of.
    *. #Sucker Punch 🥊| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    1. Fruits Basket - 216 - Ask Him For Me
    *. #Purse Scratcher 👜| DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 15 - You Are Rad
    2b. OK KO - 16 - Legends of Mr. Gar
    *. #Star Struck 💫 | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 8 - CASE2_3: Singapore Sky
    *. #FlashForwardFlashBack | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 11 - The House in the Woods
    *. #ShellShock | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 98 - To Save Our Friends: Moon and Uranus Join Forces
    *. #TheCommute | DC Super Hero Girls: Super Shorts - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 7 - Oh, Meow? The Demon World is Full of Cats

Fruits Basket featured side quests distracted by side quests, more family drama, and Tohru giving a dramatic speech to give a guy her friend's phone number. It was good.

OK KO was another fun set of episodes, and introduced Rad's more sensitive side.

Great Pretender continued the con, though they really should just start telling Edamura what's going on.

Hilda had two fun core concepts, with a giant capturing her and then a wish-granting house.

Despite the craziness with the villain design, Sailor Moon was actually on the weak end for the season so far, but it was still good.

We actually caught up to the DC Super Hero Girl shorts!

Yucie was actually a really well-animated episode, much better than the previous ones. It was fun, and also introduced Satan.

~~~

Next time, we're watching
    1. Over the Moon

Last edited:
    11-24-20 Over the Moon stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Over the Moon

I thought this was overall a pretty good movie, and other people in the stream enjoyed it too. The section in the middle with the contest to find the gift was definitely the weakest part, though, and the story was handled oddly there. In particular, I think it would have made more sense to introduce the green animal sidekick when they first crashed on the moon, rather than having them find him when they go back to the crash site. Also, I'm not clear on how Fei Fei got half of the charm in her moon cake. The two showcase songs were good, and I liked the sections dealing with loss and Fei Fei's family life.

11-26-20 Wish stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 8 - Wish (Cotton Drifting, Part 4)
    2. Glitch Techs - 209 - I'm Mitch Williams
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 29 - #BackInAFlash
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 30 - #PowerSurge
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 304 - Don't You Forget a Meow Me

We end another Higurashi arc, and we learn more than I expected for this early in the show. Though god, Keiichi is an idiot. Yes, go walk alone with the girl who admitted to killing your friends, and follow her into a hidden chamber full of torture devices. That will turn out well. Still, it was an interesting episode.

Glitch Techs showed Mitch's family, and it was a fun episode. It's weird how Miko and Five wouldn't know about Mitch having streamed with his family before, when they were huge fans of him in the first episode, though.

DC Super Hero Girls had a good set of episodes. The first was a Flashpoint parody, that at first seemed to be settling at a certain level of craziness, but then going further beyond in the last minutes. The second played around with the concept of Power Girl and her nature as an alternate reality version of Supergirl.

Kipo featured a tragic ending as one character, Yum-yun, is actually hit by the mute cure. Mulholland also got put on a bus, to address how OP he is as a good guy. Song figured out how to communicate with Kipo, at least. It was a good episode, though even with all the practice runs, I really feel Kipo could have handled the rescue better.

~~~

EkkpaOXWkAAor_m.jpg%3Alarge

EnwIKjpVcAAdKjI.jpg%3Alarge

EnuQbQKWEAIsYZQ.jpg%3Alarge

EnuTcLjWEAQ0T_-.jpg%3Alarge

EnncHVWUUAAK6VP.jpg%3Alarge

EnhTozSWEAUfPUt.jpg%3Alarge

EnmGq4qXcAQ7sM2.jpg%3Alarge

Eni3ESwWMAAXJdv.png%3Alarge

bff_by_aryatheeditor_de95auh-pre.jpg

deviantart-Faline-art-862059160.jpg

large.png

deviantart-Rocket-LawnChair-862107592.jpg

EnmuVhOXIAEbFxR.jpg%3Alarge

deviantart-purineko-862320796.jpg

deviantart-handgunboi-862298091.jpg

rara_by_iojknmiojknm_de9fibm-pre.png

En12s7JW4AAcbk3.jpg%3Alarge

En2ICQCXYAAWfV3.png%3Alarge

En2ICQBXIAAZkJ2.png%3Alarge

En3zR_AUUAAlvSM.jpg%3Alarge

Enzj6eFVkAAfRBq.jpg%3Alarge

And nice songs

11-29-20 We Got Hacked stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. The Beginning of Harmony | My Little Pony Fan Music Animation - YouTube
    1. Fruits Basket - 217 - You Will, I'm Sure
    2a. OK KO - 17 - We Got Hacked
    2b. OK KO - 18 - Plazalympics
    3. Great Pretender - 9 - CASE2_4: Singapore Sky
    4. Hilda - 12 - The Nisse
    5. Sailor Moon S - 99 - A Man's Kindness: Yuichiro, Heartbroken by Rei
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 8 - Sparkle, the Me Within Myself

Decided to go with no YouTube videos between episodes, since I didn't have time to find them, but I think this showed they're necessary.

The first video was a nice animation.

Fruits Basket was an alright episode. I got it mixed up with the next one when giving trigger warnings before it started.

I somehow forgot about the first OK KO episode, despite the hilariously creepy CG models. Both episodes were good, and better than I remembered.

Great Pretender featured some backstory for Abby, and the grift progressing. It was a good episode.

Hilda set things up for the season finale, but before that, it had the great concept of the nisse traveling to the room made up of all the hard-to-reach unused space in a house. Also, Frida is hanging out with the nightmare spirits for some mysterious reason! Good episode.

Sailor Moon S was a fun dumb episode, with Yuichiro returning after a long absence to do dumb stuff. I just had to see how the Cloverway dub handled all this. Yuichiro (Chad) is upset that Rei is listening to Haruka (Amara) when she tells her to get some rest. He doesn't confuse her for a guy. They left in Haruka (Amara) and Michiru (Michelle) getting really close, but now the reason Yuichiro (Chad) is upset is because they're saying really suspicious things and he thinks that means Amara is being sneaky. Amara commenting on how ridiculous she and Chad fighting is makes even more sense in this dub. Chad saying he's going to run away to put a blues band together is a great dub addition, though. Plus Amara's reaction. "Huh? ... Bye." Not sure if the TV airing had this Japanese insert song still. I feel like it wouldn't.

Petite Princess Yucie revealed that Cocoloo is actually a spirit princess. Other than that, it was a fairly dull episode.

~~~

Some memes

12-1-20 Jack Frost stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    Stream followup, we weren't able to watch Rise of the Guardians, but rather
    1. MST3K - 813 - Jack Frost

I do find these weird Russo-Finnish productions more fun than the "big" MST3K movies like Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. Aside from the commentary, there's just so much weird fairy tale stuff and bad dub stuff going on. This was a lot of fun.

~~~

1. Higurashi - 9 - Older Brother (Curse Killing, Part 1)
    2. Glitch Techs - 210 (FINAL) - BITT Prime
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 31 - #ScrambledEggs
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 32 - #DramaQueen
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 305 - Song ReMix

Alas, we're at what's very likely the final Glitch Techs episode. Green Eggs and Ham was suggested a while ago, so we can check that out next week. Also the perfect show to watch after Higurashi.

the_best_adventures_by_doodle_mark_de9q2pb-pre.png

(Much bigger at the source of course)

the_babysitter_by_tsitra360_de9pt9y-pre.jpg

EoFodXaUcAMzU2O.jpg%3Alarge

deviantart-HanasakiYunarin-862480885.jpg

12-3-20 Glitch Techs finale stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1a. DC Super Hero Girls - 31 - #ScrambledEggs
    1b. DC Super Hero Girls - 32 - #DramaQueen
    2. Glitch Techs - 210 (FINAL) - BITT Prime
    3. Higurashi - 9 - Older Brother (Curse Killing, Part 1)
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 305 - Song ReMix

Had some issues with the stream, which resulted in airing things out of order.

DC Super Hero Girls had fun episodes. The latter had a pretty obscure villain, after after looking up The Cavalier, one stream watcher commented that the comic version is even doofier than the one in the episode.

The Glitch Techs finale unfortunately ended things with a new story development, showing that the sketchy Hinobi company is sketchy, and we likely won't get any followup for it.

The crew have been posting about what would have happened in season 3, which was fully storyboarded and voiced. There was going to be a TMNT crossover!

Higurashi started another loop, with more goofiness to begin with. There was also a guy that said seemingly pedo stuff but I guess the joke was that he just meant he was interested in adopting her. I was surprised that Keiichi already knew stuff like Shion existing and about the previous deaths.

Kipo featured her mother, Song, turning back into a human, which some thought happened too easily and there had to be a catch. However, if the villains' cure wasn't effective, then that would remove the threat to Kipo. After that, we got some fun family bonding and dancing, and a cat hunt, but it cut between them awkwardly.

I'll have to adjust how I handle streams after two ones with problems in a row.

~~~

12-6-20 Hilda season 1 finale stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. Friendship is Randomly Musical 8 - YouTube
    1. Fruits Basket - 218 - Wanna Kiss?
    *. My Little Pony: Friendship was magic - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 19 - We're Captured
    2b. OK KO - 20 - Know Your Mom
    *. Pinkie Pie's New Friend (MLP in real life) - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 10 - CASE2_5: Singapore Sky
    *. My Little Pony: Fluttering The Window [SFM] - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 13 - The Black Hound
    *. Stained Glass Windows MLP Comic Dub (Comedy) - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 100 - I Want to Quit Being a Sailor Guardian: Minako's Dilemma
    *. Rainbow Dash's Precious Book - Part 3 (MLP in real life) - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 9 - Perfection? Enter the Princess of Heaven

Fruits Basket featured a lot of bad parents and even defenestration. It was a good episode for bad feels.

OK KO introduced Prof. Venomous and Fink, who'll go on to become recurring characters, and featured a bit more backstory for KO's mom. The first was a bit on the dull side, but the episodes were good.

Great Pretender ended another grift. There was some confusion over what was the intended plan and what was the backup, but it was a good.

The Hilda season 1 finale came and it had some inventive chases through portals with a big dog. It did feel like things just stopped, rather than a real end to a season, though.

We're at Sailor Moon's 100th episode! It was a nice episode, focusing on Minako, and featuring volleyball and a volleyball-boobed monster.

Yucie introduced another main character at last, and also had the oft-shared sequence of Satan at the school. It was good.

~~~

1. Rise of the Guardians

For real this time!

12-8-20 Rise of the Guardians stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Rise of the Guardians

I haven't watched this in a while. It's a decent movie with a pretty interesting concept and fun set pieces. People in the stream noted that it's a bit strange that Dreamworks never made a series for this like Kung Fu Panda and other series, or made a sequel. However, the movie just doesn't have that spark to make it a really great story. Also, the Tooth Fairy herself doesn't do much.

Glad Jack was able to find Elsa later.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

Pony Life Cup-A-Noodles Hit China

2504653.jpg

~~~

Eoo0Rs-U0AAHHjN.jpg%3Alarge

(I don't think the artist knows the other meaning of "ponut")

Eoqi0yvXIAIndNa.png%3Alarge

EovrQ6VUYAE3TRt.jpg%3Alarge

12-10-20 Green Eggs and Ham stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 10 - Bond (Curse Killing, Part 2)
    2. Green Eggs and Ham - 1 - Here
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 33 - #AllyCat part 1
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 34 - #AllyCat part 2
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 306 - It's a Trap

Higurashi started off heavy with a story about child abuse, leading to Keiichi calling a hit, but then there may be more to this than it seems.

Things lightened up of course with Green Eggs and Ham. As you might expect, the premise is expanded greatly. What I hadn't realized is that there's an overarching story, with a stolen zoo animal and criminals, and Sam I Am being a ninja. It was pretty fun, and all the hand drawn animation was great. Also, there were a lot of celebrity guest stars.

DC Super Hero Girls was a two parter (length of a normal episode total) featuring Lex Luthor, whose design people in the stream found odd, with him looking too youthful. It was a fun story, with a hilariously botched heist and playing around with destiny.

Kipo confirmed that Kipo's plan wasn't actually that great and lots of her friends got cured, turning back into cute normal animals. It was a bit frustrating in that regard, but still good.

~~~

Nice Eurobeat remix of "The Seeds of the Past"

12-13-20 No Way stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

*. Mane Six Series: NO WAY - YouTube
    1. Fruits Basket - 219 - There's Just No Way!
    *. PMV-No Way-(TwiDash) - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 21 - Face Your Fears
    2b. OK KO - 22 - Everybody Likes Rad
    *. No Way To Hide PMV - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 11 - CASE3_1: Snow of London
    *. No way out (Brother Bear) [PMV] - YouTube
    4. Sailor Moon S - 101 - Usagi in Tears: A Glass Slipper for My Birthday
    *. Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy Sing "Happy Birthday To You!" (Netflix EXCLUSIVE) | MLP: FiM [HD] - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 102 - The Stolen Pure Heart - Usagi's Crisis
    *. [MLP Comic Dub] Birthday (comedy) - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 10 - Is it Destiny? The Library Re-Encounter

Fruits Basket featured more exploration of Tohru being Mom Jesus, with even Rin coming around to the idea.

OK KO first featured some backstory development, though still no answer to what's with that sandwich, and it was a lot of fun. Second episode seemed to be progressing normally, but then surprise! It's really a story about racism! It was good too.

Great Pretender started a new arc, in a bit of a different way. They completely botched a grift, and they didn't like the guy they failed to grift anyway, so they're going to do a bigger and better grift. It was a good episode.

The two Sailor Moon episodes formed a single story, and they were good. A villain boss died, Tuxedo Mask is still useful, and there were some great gags, like Sailor Venus imitating Sailor Moon.

The Yucie episode featured the love interest guy returning, and hinting at something more going on in the story. Yucie and that guy got along better this time, which was nice.

~~~

New Aragon comic!
    www.fimfiction.net

It's Like We're Cosmic Outlaws

Consider joining my Patreon if you l

86.png

It certainly goes places.
    I suppose we've never actually seen any indication that babies are born normally in Dougworld. We haven't even seen a hospital.

~~~

New Different View video

The case is over!

~~~

EopHzKrVoAEpoRL.jpg%3Alarge

EpDn97dW4AsSabJ.jpg%3Alarge

EpBMb70VEAAmSUQ.jpg%3Alarge

Eo4itgeXIAIo4y1.jpg%3Alarge

Eo9TtOQXYAg5-DX.jpg%3Alarge

12-15-20 Santa Claus stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. MST3K - 521 - Santa Claus

We watched a bit of Joyeux Noel, but the copy we had didn't have subtitles. That should be fixed next week.

Anyway, I personally feel this MST3K episode is way funnier than its more famous cousin, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. This movie is just so much weirder, and offers a lot of entertainment beyond the quips. From the strange interpretation of what Santa's home is like to the fact that his opponent is a devil. Skits are weaker than in the Martians episode, but are still pretty solid.

~~~

I've read this.

www.fimfiction.net

never complete

Time is a bridge Luna never had a chance to build.

This was a great evocatively written story, as expected from your works.

~~~

banoakira.tumblr.com

Bano's Nest

1f7ef9af929f1c5fbff568958edaffcf33f40c2d.jpg

Eo4VbUWXIAAjAL_.jpg%3Alarge

i___i_have_something_for_you_by_xan_gelx_deabpk8-pre.jpg

so_much_more_to_me_by_haibaratomoe_dea9qou-pre.jpg

flower_by_nendo23_deadfuo-pre.jpg

EpDIAYxW4AMsZnM.jpg%3Alarge

deviantart-RysunkowaSucharia-863873375.jpg

Yes, MS Paint

12-17-20 Car stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 11 - Borderline (Curse Killing, Part 3)
    2. Green Eggs and Ham - 2 - Car
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 35 - #Retreat
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 36 - #DinnerForFive
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 307 - Requiem for a Dave

I'd noticed that fewer people have been attending the Thursday stream specifically, but there doesn't seem to be a good solution to that.

Higurashi featured Keiichi being driven to murder and hiding the body despite messing up a lot, but still being found out. Not the direction I expected for this timeline, but interesting.

Green Eggs and Ham continued going in an unexpected direction for this adaptation, but it's fun, and the animation remains impressive.

DC Super Hero Girls started with a horror themed episode, with Poison Ivy as the monster and straight up trying to kill her classmates, which I feel like the episode kind of glosses over. It was well done. The second episode featured Slade / Deathstroke, his daughter, Rose Wilson, and an awkward home dinner with Barbara. It was a great episode.

Kipo unexpectedly featured some light being shed on what happened 200 years ago, though not much. We did get Dave and Benson backstory, though. It's weird that an electric fan lasted for hundreds of years, but otherwise, good episode.

~~~

New Tails of Equestria book!

www.equestriadaily.com

New Tails of Equestria: The Compendium of Equestria Book Arriving Early 2021

1b469ad3-c7c2-4222-99ea-15ad80683e0f.jpg

Coming in early 2021, The Compendium of Equestria is the new hardback book for Tails of Equestria – a must-have for GMs and players wanting to include the latest and greatest Tails of Equestria content as well as brand new creatures, characters, adventures, and items!

GMs can use both the Locations and GM's Toolkit sections to help fill their Tails of Equestria games with deep and interesting settings, and plenty of new features including talents and magical treasure.

Players will find new playable races, expanding the options presented in the Core Rulebook, The Bestiary of Equestria and the Movie Sourcebook. Together, you will find some great new spells and talents to use in your adventures.

Finally, you'll find a fully self-contained adventure: Flim, Flam, Alakazam! This can be used as a standalone story, or as part of a longer campaign, and it's a great opportunity to make use of the new content presented in the rest of the Compendium!

~~~

This art made the Nightmare Twilight design look decent.

Following up on previous Different View videos

12-20-20 Care Prom stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. Sea of Voices [PMV] - YouTube
    1. Fruits Basket - 220 - Are You Okay?
    *. Really Don't Care - [PMV] - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 23 - You Have to Care
    2b. OK KO - 24 - Plaza Prom
    *. [MLP] PMV I Don't Care (I Love It) - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 12 - CASE3_2 - Snow of London
    *. Party like its prom night PMV - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 201 - The Troll Circle
    *. Prom Queen || Pmv - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 103 - The Arrival of a Tiny Pretty Guardian
    *. MLP FIM Animash-At The Gala - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 11 - Thoughts Will Get There - The Girl I Met at the Beach

Fruits Basket set up a new story arc with a school play—an oddly-cast Cinderella—and also set things up for an extended Yuki flashback next time. Other than that, it was a pretty standard episode.

OK KO first introduced Elodie, Enid's old friend who betrayed her and is also a Rarity. She has a nice character arc later in the show, so I was surprised by how unambiguous the betrayal was here. The second episode featured a prom and Rad learning he doesn't have to follow a checklist in an oddly Twilight story. Both episodes were great.

Great Pretender set up the new grift, and also backstory for Cynthia. It was a fine episode.

We returned to Hilda with season 2, and things went right back into the adventure, with some fun sequences. Oddly, Hilda goes most of the episode without her beret.

Sailor Moon S had good animation and some great gags, particularly the other girls hiding from Rei as she peeks around a waitress looking for them. Also, Chibiusa returns! In the manga, she returned immediately after she left, so the anime greatly delayed this.

Yucie was a pretty standard beach episode, complete with a girl that may or may not be a mermaid. It was alright.

YouTube videos were "care" and "prom" themed. There were surprisingly only two songs with "prom" in the name that PMVs used.

~~~

the_girls_are_here___by_wanderingpegasus_deas13i-pre.jpg

Human comic, with a weird ship that only really works in Dougworld (Diamond Tiara x Rarity)

12-22-20 Joyeux Noel stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Joyeux Noel

There were indeed subtitles, which made it much more comprehensible. It was a nice movie, with some heartwarming moments of camaraderie in the middle of a war.

~~~

And because I've been informed a stream on Christmas Eve isn't the best idea, we're having it on Wednesday!
    1. Higurashi - 12 - Lost Item (Curse Killing, Part 4)
    2. Green Eggs and Ham - 3 - Train
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 37 - #LivingTheNightmare
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 38 - #AllAboutZee
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 308 - Hidden Treasures

~~~

New Trixie costume!
    www.equestriadaily.com

Another New Trixie Model From the Gameloft MLP Game

Gameloft_Trixie.png

~~~

deviantart-Shimazun-864797797.jpg

walliscolours.tumblr.com

Draw Draws

Della's strange new friend on the moon... they relate to a lot
    3b8f231445a93d11d33fa640bd038fcc1eefad49.png

12-23-20 Zatanna stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 12 - Lost Item (Curse Killing, Part 4)
    2. Green Eggs and Ham - 3 - Train
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 37 - #LivingTheNightmare
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 38 - #AllAboutZee
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 308 - Hidden Treasures

Higurashi went in another unexpected direction, with a doppelganger of Keiichi having participated in the festival while he was off murdering, and his victim is supposedly still alive. I wonder if this is normal for those that are driven to murder around the festival. Also a surprise, if I hadn't looked at Wikipedia to get the episode title for listings, is that this loop doesn't end on episode 4. It was a good episode.

Green Eggs and Ham featured romance, and it was actually pretty cute. Also had a train with loops in the track. I will say Sam is going a bit too far with his recklessness, but otherwise, it's a good episode.

DC Super Hero Girls had a double dose of Zatara episodes, and both were good. The former definitely was reminiscent of the MLP episode "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?", particularly during the dream hopping sequence. The second episode was a bit weak at the resolution, though.

Kipo was a bit of a surprise with it introducing a new one-off faction with the squirrels, which is the first time this has happened in a while. It was a fun episode.

12-27-20 TKO stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 1-2 "The Beginning of the End" - YouTube
    1. Fruits Basket - 221 - There Was, Definitely
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 3 "Uprooted" (feat. Xol the Great) - YouTube
    2. OK KO - 25-26 - TKO
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 4 "Sparkle's Seven" - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 13 - CASE3_3: Snow of London
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 5 "The Point of No Return" - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 202 - The Draugen
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 6 "Common Ground" - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 104 - Making New Friends: Chibi Moon's Adventure
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 7 "She's All Yak" - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 12 - Challenge! Heaven Triathlon

Fruits Basket featured Yuki backstory, showing that Akito used to be better but got worse at some point. Also revealed that Yuki sees Tohru as a mother, which got a lot of, "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," from the stream watchers.

OK KO had its first two-parter. I misremembered things from the second encounter with Shadowy Figure as being in this episode, and I also forgot a lot of what happened. It was good.

Great Pretender continued the grift, just building things up to the end next episode. It was good.

Hilda had a fun ghost pirate adventure, including a ghost ship chase through the town.

The Sailor Moon S episode had not one, but two instances of characters streaking or stripping. I wonder how the first dub handled this, plus the crossdressing character, but not enough to check right now. With the latter, I assume they just made him a girl. It was a weird, but funny episode.

Yucie revealed another god to attack and dethrone. I wasn't a huge fan of Elmina being so much better at everything than everyone, but it was a fun episode.

~~~

1. Klaus

Our last movie of the year.

~~~

www.fimfiction.net

FemmeFiction

Three high femmes try to find love. Two yellow dorks try to take their relationship to the next level. One confused changeling tries to discover herself. Zero common sense is exercised by anyone involved.
    New chapter, chapter 7
    Nice chapter. I'm guessing that sparrow was Ocellus; surprised Fluttershy didn't notice anything then.
    I wish these mares would just come clean with their secrets.

Princess for Hearth's Warming

Twilight Sparkle enjoys a relaxing Hearth's Warming with her parents, sipping hot cocoa and tea. Meanwhile, extradimenisional monsters attack Ponyville.
    The weirdness of Twilight passive-aggressively punishing Sunset aside, this was a fun story. And that last pun!

www.fimfiction.net

Meditations in a Moment of Dance

In an instant of dance, two mares consider their love for one another
    This was amazing! I love the portrayal of Rarity and Cadance's thoughts here, and of their love.

~~~

EqWOGkUXAAAdQI4.jpg%3Alarge

My commission
    EqSrkpBUYAENR8t.jpg%3Alarge

EqRUxlNXYAEJlfh.png%3Alarge

EqOhn_YXEAAn2AN.jpg%3Alarge

EqQU8BQUwAYzcN-.jpg%3Alarge

EqPFNFgUcAEMDHI.jpg%3Alarge

Ep_qu58UwAAqrE1.jpg%3Alarge

EqBALUXXEAEeHZY.jpg%3Alarge

EqDKEXrVEAEkrZC.jpg%3Alarge

This one actually got a retweet with comment by Katrina Hadley

12-29-20 Klaus stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Klaus

I watched this last year, and I enjoyed it more this time. First viewing, I was annoyed by a lot of the lead character's early actions and how loud it was a lot of the time, but I was able to appreciate it a lot more. It's an amazingly-animated movie with really strong design work, and it's heartwarming.

~~~

1. Higurashi - 13 - Apology (Curse Killing, Part 5)
    2. Green Eggs and Ham - 4 - Fox
    3. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeats - 309 - Prahmises
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 310 - Age of Wonderbeasts

~~~

www.fimfiction.net

Notes in Service of a Love Story

"If this is what it means to be a fool, I don't wish to be anything else."
    Hmm, this was interesting, but I couldn't help but think that watching this as an actual play would be really strange. I also struggle to understand what the audience added, except perhaps to evoke the feeling of experimental theater where the big resolution to the story happens only after all the audience has left.

www.fimfiction.net

Flurries

On Hearth's Warming Eve, Fluttershy has a warm cottage and a friend to keep her company. So why can't she stop staring out the window?
    This was a great heartwarming story, covering the "one of Stirling's parents die" premise you've done before, but looking at what follows after. This has great portrayals of both Fluttershy and Big Mac, and the bit of Discord we see.

www.fimfiction.net

Tales of the Sapphire Carousel: The Chef's Guardian

A fanfic of the fanfic Crimson Lips. Shimmer Glass learns to trust again when she befriends the bodyguard of the Sapphire Carousel, Rainbow Dash.
    Through chapter 9
    I read the previous chapters as docs before, so I skipped ahead to this new one. You did a great job pulling at this one dangling thread in the Crimson Lips story and forming a great and fluffy romance, while staying respectful of the professions involved. I don't usually care for romances involving OCs, but this is a definite exception.

www.fimfiction.net

Room

Rarity wakes up in her bedroom, and it's big. Very big.
    This was a very well-done story, showing how Rarity would methodically work her way through this problem, and also what would finally push her over the edge and damn some other pony. You did a great job demonstrating the strange horror of the situation, and I applaud you not bringing in a monster or something. However, I do think the curse as depicted doesn't make much sense; it's only a threat because Rarity let it go on as long as she did, assuming everyone has that letter at the entrance.

~~~

deviantart-HanasakiYunarin-865166849.jpg

EqVVUKuUwAMtufW.jpg%3Alarge

commission__studying_by_lucy_tan_deba2ms-pre.png

EqUrNitU0AEm81v.jpg%3Alarge

EqWECCtXEAA2LbO.jpg%3Alarge

12-30-20 Murder stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 13 - Apology (Curse Killing, Part 5)
    2. Green Eggs and Ham - 4 - Fox
    3. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeats - 309 - Prahmises
    4. Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts - 310 - Age of Wonderbeasts (FINAL)

This turned out to be a Murder Stream, with every episode featuring either murder or attempted murder.

Higurashi featured Keiichi incriminating the hell out of himself and then killing everyone in the town through a curse. There were fewer explanations at this point than I expected, not even revealing what happened to Satoko's uncle and if Keiichi really killed him. Awkwardness of Keiichi carrying Satoko around in a towel aside, it was a good episode.

Green Eggs and Ham had Tracy Morgan playing a fox, and it was a fun episode. The moment in the Train Car Car with Guy seeing the people chasing him on the model train reminded people in the stream of Infinity Train.

Then we finished Kipo. People in the stream appreciated how the show didn't cop out on its story beats, though Scarlemagne's redemption (and subsequent death) was iffy. Personally, I feel the climax was a disappointment compared to season 2's, but it was still good.

~~~

Cute fan-made stop motion animation

1-3-21 The Witch stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 8 "Frenemies" - YouTube
    1. Fruits Basket - 222 - That Isn't What I Want!
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 9 "Sweet and Smoky" - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 27 - Stop Attacking the Plaza
    2b. OK KO - 28 - Plaza Shorts
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 10 "Going to Seed" - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 14 - CASE3_4: Snow of London
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 11 "Student Counsel" - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 203 - The Witch
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 12 "The Last Crusade" - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 105 - I Want Power: Mako Lost in Doubt
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 13 "Between Dark and Dawn" - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 13 - Romance! The Magic of Love Arrives Without Notice

Fruits Basket was pretty much a transition episode, but it was still fun.

OK KO was a middling set of episodes, with the second actually being a collection of shorts.

Great Pretender ended a fun arc, and we'll be going into the final arc of the series, which is much longer than the others.

Hilda established the witches of Trollburg, and the twist the Frieda is more suited to being a witch than Hilda (and Hilda is her familiar/pet). I'm a bit concerned that the witch side of the setting will absorb too much of the fantastical concepts, but we'll see.

Sailor Moon S featured a flashback to an offscreen monster battle! Also, the first episode to actually address the fact that Makoto is supposed to be unusually strong in a while. This was pretty fun, especially with Usagi messing around.

Yucie was a cute episode featuring Glenda falling in love, and things even turned out well for her in that regard. Shame her prince turned out to be a frog. Next time we're finally getting the last girl!

1-5-21 Wolf Children stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Wolf Children

This was a really nice movie, and much more slice of life than I expected. It was interesting how much it focused on the mother, including before the children were even born, and it reminded me a lot of My Neighbor Totoro once they got to the country. It was nice seeing the movie go into detail of how they all grew up, and the son turned into Sasuke. I liked how the mother kept trying to talk to animals in case they were like the animal.

I did think it was kind of a bummer that the daughter felt pressured to conform to being a girl, though.

~~~

Pony Life toy 3D models from the modeler!

EpxGCePWwAYxCJi.jpg%3Alarge

EqVB7GEXAAEOD4X.jpg%3Alarge

Eq6O3-YXAAI7lAg.jpg%3Alarge

~~~

This is prototype Pony Life design work, a rejected design!
    new_commission_type___pastel_sketch_sheets___open_by_ipun_debimhf-fullview.png

~~~

In brony drama news, this tweet legit triggered a bunch of people

In response to people angrily insisting that Trixie can't be trans, we got a bunch of trans Trixie art.

Eq_qIMHXcAIj481.jpg%3Alarge

ErBmEKMXMAMEtxL.png%3Alarge

Eq_KK_tU0AAbQiP.png%3Alarge

Eq-aHG5U0Ag2ssV.jpg%3Alarge

~~~

Eq5T_MBXYAY4DhR.jpg%3Alarge

EqwiX3-XcAY8iQW.jpg%3Alarge

Eq6aF_MXEAM5p5H.jpg%3Alarge

Eq-dOCaU0AIV2PV.jpg%3Alarge

Eq6LiNqW4AEhKb6.jpg%3Alarge

EqxYoxIWMAUuf-X.png%3Alarge

www.furaffinity.net

Fluttershy by Valeria_Fills

hi guys, I hope you are having a good time these holidays ^^. . Available YCH(url). PinkBow COMMISSION INFO(url)PinkBow
    derpibooru-2521775.jpg

EqvdI1xUUAcoXZZ.jpg%3Alarge

1-7-21 Dark stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 14 - Hinamizawa (Time Wasting, Part 1)
    2. Green Eggs and Ham - 5 - Dark
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 39 - #TweenTitans
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 40 - #EmperorPenguin
    4. Carole & Tuesday - 1 - True Colors

The Higurashi episode broke the pattern by being a flashback story, and it was pretty nipaaa. It was nice stepping away from Keiichi's perspective for a bit.

Green Eggs and Ham ended up being the darker of this and Higurashi, with a fox that has some disturbing rooms and a dump with random toxic waste. It was nice seeing some backstory for Guy and the Chickaraffe; Sam was denied.

DC Super Hero Girls featured the Teen Titans voiced by all different voices, except Raven, who was still Tara Strong since she's already a series regular. Both episodes were fun and featured pretty packed stories. Hal's socks are super gross, though.

We started Carole & Tuesday! It's pretty good already.

~~~

twilight_s_lament_by_redahfuhrerking_debrfd6-pre.jpg

Nice original song

1-10-21 Cinderella-ish stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Fruits Basket - 223 - It's Cinderella-ish!
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 14 "The Last Laugh" - YouTube
    2a. OK KO - 29 - We've Got Fleas
    2b. OK KO - 30 - One Last Score
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 15 "2, 4, 6, Greaaat" - YouTube
    3. Great Pretender - 15 - CASE4_1: Wizard of Far East
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 16 "A Trivial Pursuit" - YouTube
    4. Hilda - 204 - The Eternal Warriors
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 17 "The Summer Sun Setback" - YouTube
    5. Sailor Moon S - 106 - The Bond of Destiny: Uranus's Distant Past
    *. MLP Season 9 In a Nutshell: Ep. 19 "Dragon Dropped" - YouTube
    6. Petite Princess Yucie - 14 - One Mystery After Another! The Fairy World Princess

Started a bit late, so no starting YouTube video.

Fruits Basket had a fun school play, that included several moments that probably weren't acting.

OK KO started with a furry episode, including going into fursuits (or rather human suits). The furrification of the characters isn't undone this episode, and later episodes have visual gags indicating they're actually still furry but wearing human suits. It's unusual to see such a furry-positive story; it's obvious that the creators are Sonic fans. The second episode was a pretty fun heist story, complete with betrayals for the hell of it.

Great Pretender started its final arc with Edamura being tricked into working in a job related to the next grift. It started with a recap, which made me worry it was a full recap episode, but it wasn't. I was surprised to see characters from previous grifts return.

Hilda amazingly had characters get their limbs cut off and even David (a little kid) getting beheaded twice, but it's fine because the cut off parts glow. It was a fun episode.

Sailor Moon featured the start of lesbianism. The flashback took up less of the episode than I expected, and didn't reveal too much really. This episode did mark the debut of the Uranus and Neptune transformation sequences, and the monster wearing a giant shoe, making it great.

Yucie introduced the last princess, and she starts off as an enemy, which is interesting. Also, Elmyna has started jobbing.

~~~

Vanhoover Pony Expo had script reading by Tabitha St. Germain, Andrea Libman, and Terramar's VA. The full script reading is in this first video; the others have Q&A. Note that there are technical difficulties at times; if it's garbled at times, that's from the stream, not on your end.
    www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.
    www.twitch.tv

Twitch

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

They all switch between voices like it's nothing
    Rarity addresses Fluttershy as "duck"
    Tabitha's Granny Smith is hilarious
    She says her leg can fall off, and she threatens to hit someone with it
    In this script written by Tabitha, Luna wraps herself in so many blankets while sleeping that she becomes essentially a giant donut and terrorizes the town as she rolls around

Talking about Pony Life, Andrea talks about the improv here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/867677104?t=0h5m13s

Tabitha's favorite voice is actually Suri Polomare; it's an imitation of Cathy Weseluck, who does that "m'yeah" thing

~~~

Tons more Trans Trixie images
    ErEiqiOW8AIO5Xi.jpg%3Alarge

ErEqS1QXcAABkyY.png%3Alarge

ErJKDRVXYAAwMd3.jpg%3Alarge

ErKCeWVVoAABkNJ.jpg%3Alarge

ErKpo_YXAAI9i3S.jpg%3Alarge

ErKyM-nXEAAnj8y.jpg%3Alarge

ErK4clnVEAAEzCz.jpg%3Alarge

ErKyTgvXAAI-GG2.png%3Alarge

ErMleaqVcAE2lKQ.jpg%3Alarge

ErZDuVsXcAMamZL.jpg%3Alarge

~~~

ErFkWHdXIAUlw5E.jpg%3Alarge

ErGT7gCXEAAVCRK.jpg%3Alarge

ErR1kRiXIAEe4Fx.jpg%3Alarge

ErSPUs9WMAEd8Gf.png%3Alarge

ErTrrMAXUAQD6j1.jpg%3Alarge

ErSCZGNUcAA6fBW.jpg%3Alarge

ErVIPloXEAAjjZ8.jpg%3Alarge

ErW1jEwVQAA4QI9.jpg%3Alarge

ErY8p5MVcAEJ0ud.jpg%3Alarge

ErXVn-SW8AEGudW.png%3Alarge

ErZKWcjXMAIhJje.jpg%3Alarge

ErZSd5dVoAIyabG.jpg%3Alarge

smiling_sunset_shimmer_by_symbianl_debzv0e-pre.png

ErZD1LbXcAI5otA.jpg%3Alarge

ErVWix3VoAAjZK0.jpg:small

ErasmoRW4AM8eVz.jpg:medium

1-12-21 Lupin III: The First stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Lupin III: The First

This was everyone's first time watching this particular movie, and one person's first experience with Lupin III. It was a pretty fun movie, and had some amazing CGI for a Japanese film, which translated the 2D designs pretty well. As a Lupin story, it was pretty by the numbers. In tone, it was pretty similar to Castle of Cagliostro, and it was definitely weaker than that, but it was still fine.

~~~

www.equestriadaily.com

Hasbro Investor Event 2021 Confirmed for February 25th

We'll probably finally get some G5 info then.

1-14-21 Box stream
  • OP
    OP
    SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
    1. Higurashi - 15 - Sign (Time Wasting, Part 2)
    2. Green Eggs and Ham - 6 - Box
    3a. DC Super Hero Girls - 41 - #BreakingNews
    3b. DC Super Hero Girls - 42 - #CrashCourse
    4. Carole & Tuesday - 2 - Born to Run

There was an issue with the way we were streaming, but it resolved after the first show.

Higurashi ended the flashback story, and hey, the perspective character survived! Even well past the previous timeline endings. I was surprised to see that things followed along with what we saw in the last timeline with killer Keiichi. I wonder what the next timeline will be like.

Green Eggs and Ham was another fun episode. The animation is always good, but I'll call it out here, since there was a lot of stuff with hair.

DC Super Hero Girls had two fun episodes. Lois is a much better investigator of superhero identities here than she is when handling Superman. And in the second story, we had some car chase craziness.

Carole & Tuesday continued setting up the story. It was alright.

~~~

ErusIsMXUAkDt6w.jpg%3Alarge

ErvPBPVWMAUczB-.jpg%3Alarge

ErtMtg-UcAEfGAn.jpg%3Alarge

ErvZAReW4AEeVZV.jpg%3Alarge

bookworm_by_belka_sempai_dec9bop-pre.png

ErqCZ-kW4AEUmdb.jpg%3Alarge

discord_s_fury_by_tsitra360_decbrbn-pre.jpg

Ery3fBBVQAYM5Pd.jpg%3Alarge

Erz8fewVEAEp2Bn.jpg:large

Ery9e-sUYAAgH_u.jpg%3Alarge

Hey, comic character art