Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Paradoxally, the possibility that a Direct comes this week is mostly depending on the TMS release this Friday, in my opinion. We found out that there will be a Joker costume in the same, but it hasn't been announced yet. I would find it strange that they haven't release the trailer yet, unless they want to keep it for the Direct.
That's what I thought initially as well, but they might just as easily upload a release trailer and show it off there. Or even a Twitter announcement, I guess.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
i can indeed confirm that there will be a nintendo direct sometime this year and it will feature the announcement of new games to be released in 2020. Some of them will feature a classic nintendo hero. i can also confirm that animal crossing will be mentioned.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Kinda feel like I'm gonna go media blackout once they announce BotW's subtitle & release date. Don't really need to see much, I'm sold already.
yep. That' what I did for Botw. Had not seen a single trailer prior launch. Was worth it.

Speaking of black out. Is there a way to set up resetera, so it will automatically hide threads which include "botw", "zelda" etc in the title?

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
images

We're getting closer

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Cool, they're promoting their game that releases in a few days!

But yeah i'll be playing it for the first time on the Switch. Picked up the original on a heafty discount last year but never played it because i'd need to touch my Wii U to do that.
It's a very nieche title, they don't want to spend much money on advertising probably. It was an ok game on Wii U and i enjoyed playing it for what it is but they added not enough in the Switch release, it looks just like on the U like a clone.

Faxeo

Apr 21, 2019
how many chances are there will be a direct this week? Among other things, certainly in late February or early March I expect the animal crossing direct for new horizons

fleet

Jan 2, 2019
how many chances are there will be a direct this week? Among other things, certainly in late February or early March I expect the animal crossing direct for new horizons

can i speculate wildly for a second? if nintendo was about to imminently release acnh info, it would seem silly that the nintendo dream magazine would publish their march issue based on old, pre-released information on the game. if the nintendo dream issue comes out on the 21st, could we make an educated guess that the direct would come before that date? unless the next direct has no new acnh info of course, and they're saving that for closer to march.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
There are so many things adding up to a Direct this week - it practically has to happen. Even though I'm still Team Feb.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We did discuss what the holiday title would be in the last topic. When you look at all of Nintendo's IP's and what could come this year for the holiday it really comes down to 3 IP's.

-BotW 2
-3D Mario
-Mario Kart

To me that's the short list and I don't think the Mario Kart team is making Mario Kart. Nintendo has obviously known for a while now that there wouldn't be a new Pokémon game this holiday.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
So if I recap what what might be pointing to an imminent direct:
-TMSxPersona 5 collab still not officially revealed
-AC preorders still not open in Japan. Preload not available everywhere.
-DMC3 tease with January dates given.
-Pikmin 3 wiiu website now dead.
-TWEWY website under maintenance
-Pokemon Direct are always followed by a general one.
-Smash DLC5 releasing in February, still not known

Am I forgetting something ?

Last edited:

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
So if I recap what what might be pointing to an imminent direct:
-TMSxPersona 5 collab still not officially revealed
-AC preorders still not open in Japan. Preload not available everywhere.
-DMC3 tease with January dates given.
-Pikmin 3 wiiu website now dead.
-TWEWY website under maintenance
-Pokemon Direct are always followed by a general one.

Am I forgetting something ?
Smash DLC5

Status
Not open for further replies.