• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would upset you most about an upcoming Direct?

• More Wii U ports

Votes: 290 18.8%
  • No Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 565 36.7%
  • No Smash

Votes: 473 30.7%
  • Yes Smash

Votes: 302 19.6%
  • Heavy third party focus

Votes: 347 22.5%
  • No new games until June

Votes: 213 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 76 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
every time I go back to ALttP I'm struck by how underwhelming the dungeons are

Link's Awakening was a big step up in that regard

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017

yeah, this is me also. I didn't play LttP until the GBA, but the dungeons are huge snoozers. They don't have the briskness or depth of the Game Boy games, nor the difficulty or maze-like quality of the NES games. They exist in a weird place where they're best at nothing.

edit: I did rather like Ganon's Tower though

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Strangely the opposite for me. I can go back and still enjoy all of Link to the Past's dungeons especially the Dark World's dungeon that ended with Ganon Tower, while with Link's Awakening I loved the first four dungeons, found the two after that boring, and hated the last two dungeons. In fact, the last half the game took Link's Awakening from 'this is better to Link to the Past' for me to 'I want to throw this game against the wall'.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Link Between Worlds was such a disappointment. The item rental system ruined the dungeons.
THANK YOU. I often feel like I'm the only one who has this opinion, but the open-ended nature of it plus the item rental system plus not having dungeon items really killed the game for me. It was still fun overall, but the complete lack of a sense of progression makes it a very mediocre Zelda for me personally.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I dreamt that Nintendo didn't do a Direct in February, you think it could actually happen?

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
giphy.gif

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I'm actually starting to get pumped again now that we're approaching March. It really feels like this is going to be it! And i it isn't, well, that's fine, I'm used to it by now anyway.

What happened to Dark Cloud? Isn't he unbanned by now? This thread really isn't the same without him.

Cheesehead302

Jun 7, 2019
Ignoring all that "ambition" nonesense talk, you'll have to admit LA HD really failed to follow up ALBW's silky smooth 2D-movement.
(8-directional movement should have stayed dead dammit)

It was so good I really can't enjoy myself playing the older 2D entries (except for the DS titles).
Definitely agree with this. A Link Between Worlds is fun to just move around in, and I was disapointed that they went back to 8 direction movement.

SunnyDays

Aug 28, 2019
The existence of an Animal Crossing direct, which was also leaked by everyone and their grandma as well.

So, in reality, he's currently had as many unique correct leaks as his name.
Did he get vetted by era mods or anything? It's weird that everyone just sorta accepted everything he said as though it's fact for seemingly no reason, eh?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
What has Zippo leaked that turned out to be accurate?

Not much, their post about 2 directs in February was 50% right with the AC one. But everyone thought one should happen with the embargo lift date.

It may end up being a case of their source being more inaccurate than accurate.

Did he get vetted by era mods or anything? It's weird that everyone just sorta accepted everything he said as though it's fact for seemingly no reason, eh?

Yup they got vetted last E3 for some other hints they was talking about at the time, to be someone that would be in a position to have inside knowledge

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Not much, his post about 2 directs in February was 50% right with the AC one. But everyone thought one should happen with the embargo lift date.

It may end up being a case of his source being more inaccurate than accurate.

Yup he got vetted last E3, to be someone that would be in position to have inside knowledge
Wait he was vetted at e3? I thought it was later. The directs and paper mario/metroid were his first things.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
LA remake will outsell ever 2d zelda except one and 2. And several 3d zeldas

Lol at saying it could've sold better.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I'm getting really tired of repeating myself with this.

Virtually nobody blindly accepted everything he said as fact. I have no idea where this keeps coming from.

Did some of us believe that his rumors could be legitimate? Yes, certainly. That doesn't mean we accept it as fact for no reason. That's not how rumors work.

Regarding Zippo specifically, he was verified by mods to be in a position to know the info he is claiming, which only means that they know he could theoretically have access to this info. His 2 Directs in February claim was also backed up by at least one other reputable insider named Chris Scullion, and I've posted his tweet in the OP.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Wait he was vetted at e3? I thought it was later. The directs and paper mario/metroid were his first things.

They were already talking about the Microsoft + Nintendo "deal" that many of the insiders here thought was to happen at the time. Zippo said that their source said the same thing to them

Last edited:

SunnyDays

Aug 28, 2019
I'm getting really tired of repeating myself with this.

Virtually nobody blindly accepted everything he said as fact. I have no idea where this keeps coming from.

Did some of us believe that his rumors could be legitimate? Yes, certainly. That doesn't mean we accept it as fact for no reason. That's not how rumors work.

Regarding Zippo specifically, he was verified by mods to be in a position to know the info he is claiming, which only means that they know he could theoretically have access to this info. His 2 Directs in February claim was also backed up by at least one other reputable insider named Chris Scullion, and I've posted his tweet in the OP.
Sorry, I didn't mean to misrepresent the community. I just find it interesting is all.

That person is not in position to know. They said as much.

OP
OP
Skittzo

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I didn't mean to misrepresent the community. I just find it interesting is all.

I wasn't aiming that specifically at you, but plenty of people coming in here seem to act like we all blindly believed Zippo (and any other insiders for that matter) when the vast majority of us know not to treat any rumors as fact.

Also Nate was referring to a different person with that post, not Chris.

Oct 25, 2017
The dark cloud of the forum is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural
Make the sacrifice
Summon the direct
Dw3JNGf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.