Votes: 915 72.7%
  • Yes, it's all a ruse!

Votes: 343 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be opposed to these. Not feeling the design of the Grass starter but the Fire/Water are cute AF. Actually quite like these a lot more than the last 2 gens.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I doubt they'd leak any time before a CoroCoro leak. This is most likely a really well done fake.

In the chance it actually does turn out to be real...TEAM PLATYPUS BABY.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, the fact that they used katakana for the first, kanji for the second and hiragana for the third makes it more likely these are real. Writing in katakana creates a 'cooler' image, which it seems like they're trying to project with the grass monkey. Hiragana has a more 'cute' / 'childlike' image, which is the theme of the water starter. It's a very Japanese thing to do so if it's fake then whoever did it put a lot of thought into it.

that is really interesting. I'm going to add this bit to the OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Water one is Water Poison and cute af. I might pick that one (first one not picking the Fire one) if these are real.

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
#TeamRealwithagrainofsalt

The profile shots and poses for the modelers are consistent with a lot of the Alola pokemon concept art.

Nov 8, 2017
Pokémon Australia!?
  • Fight
  • Pokémon
  • Item
  • RUN

CONFIDENTIAL, DO NOT LEAK

DAuQLl8V0AIJGXZ.jpg

DAuQwj0U0AIkCQ4.jpg

DAuRBkBUwAARk2P.jpg

DAuRJ_bUQAAtxhs.jpg

DAuRULoUIAArIGZ.jpg

DAuRbvcVYAAI2vi.jpg

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Do Poison Pokemon still suck? Didn't play last gen but the platypus is giving me doubts for that reason alone.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Even if they're fake, these types of "leaks" are still neat when the designs are great, fun topic to talk about
images

This one hurt me the most.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
I like the designs a lot actually, the platypus especially. However the fact that the "leak" is so similar to the leak of the Alolan final evolutions makes me weary, like they're specifically trying to emulate a real leak to give their fake credibility.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
If Gen 8 really is happening this year, shit i haven't even found the time to play USUM yet......

The fire rabbit and platypus are great. Monkeys are always ugly. edit: or lemurs are cute, that one isn't

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like all of them. Grass isn't as good as the other two, but it's still pretty damn good. If this is real I'd have a hard time choosing

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if these are real. All 3 are fantastic, and have great potential. The water and fire ones are ace.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
I normally pick grass, but that guy is trash, fire bunny and platypus are great looking.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweet I love starter rumors~

I choose bunny. Platypus is cute and all but seriously I need that bunny.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Platypus is cute but overall nothing on Moon/Sun starters which were all great imo.

Rabbit looks kinda fake to me.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Normally I would say fake but I kinda like them, especially the water one plus the fact that they say confidential and that on the water you can clearly see it being used as a reference guide for the animé is kinda making me lean towards it being true.

It's would break my heart if it's fake as I really want to use the water and grass starter.

The last two didn't. Meme is kinda dead right now honestly.

Yeah, especially when Game Freak kinda lean into that joke with Incineroar being a wrestler but is actually Fire/Dark.

I want gen 1 eyes back. Angled, not round. It'd make these look so much better.

Angled eyes only existed due to limitation of the tech, there is no reason to go backwards.

Oh god, you look scary with your new avatar. D:

Nirbion

Oct 25, 2017
#TeamFake.

It's very unlikely that leaks repeat the exact same way from the same franchise.
But I admit, since the last big leak, fans are putting more effort into designing a concept behind a Pokemon instead of "just making good designs".
I would totally not mind if those starters turn out to be real, as their designs are very interesting in the context of the Pokemon world.

But nah, not convinced of this. I actually like the designs, but that doesn't mean it's more legit because of that (Wouldn't it be more likely, if there was ONE bad starter? :P)

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
For the sake of me adopting that fire bunny, I want this to be legit. Excellent designs, if these are fakes someone hire the faker.

Status
Not open for further replies.