• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Oh God, he's going to look hideous and not in an oddly endearing way like Detective Pikachu. And yet if this movie turns out to be a train wreck like it sounds, then that kinda makes me more interested in seeing it.

Maybe I shouldn't judge before even seeing the first trailer. With my expectations so low I might end up enjoying it.
It's a video game movie. 99% of those wind up bad.

Except The Wizard.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I don't know what I expected before I saw it, just that I knew it would be bad. But it's not bad in a way that's like a bad Sonic cosplay or an ill-intentioned piece of fan art.

It's more sad than disturbing, I guess.

Oct 28, 2017
From one of the films storyboard artists;

Honest to god tried my hardest to complete the rest of his face with the provided dimensions:

aRYABzw.jpg

Looking forward to the official face to see how close/off I was, but this is the closest legitimate approximation I ccould see them doing with the provided contours/facial profile.
Yours is probably what I'd imagine it would end up looking like given this sketch.

But at this point, I actually just want it to end up looking like a complete hilarity goddammit:

DuEGGl9WoAEIhK6.jpg

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I don't understand the point of this movie at all. Didn't they cite Dukes of Hazzard as inspiration? Is Sonic a Lost Cause Boy now??

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
As a fan of how the Pokemon in Detective Pikachu turned out, this looks like nightmare fuel. Can't wait to see it in a full reveal lol.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I love how the IGN description is trying to be so positive when talking about design. "You'll notice....he has new shoes.....yeah that's right. Just focus on his new shoes"

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Thinking about it, the eye thing doesn't bother me much. I feel like the uni-eye that Sonic has was probably intended in the original design back in the day to mimic the mask-like features you actually see in hedgehogs, and that probably got lost in the design at some stage.

111JillWarnickHH1-850x478.jpg

I'm more bothered by his weird proportions and musculature.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
So Sonic is going to fuck a lady in this movie, right? Like a human lady? I've only vaguely followed Sonic after the Genesis.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty creepy but maybe that will be alleviated a bit when we see his face. They shouldn't have even done this silhouette reveal. It's scary as hell

Its gonna be terrible but I'm looking forward to hearing Ben Schwartz's voice for Sonic and seeing how absurd Carreys robotnik gets. Much happier with this VA choice than Reynolds for Pikachu which just feels like they put deadpool in pokemon

Oh and hopefully sonic gets laid with a human too, heres to more years of that insane fanbase

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
My 7 year old is a huge Sonic fan, and his reaction to this was one that I don't see from him too often. Kind of an uncomfortable confusion, a little weirded out. "I don't think I'm going to see that"

lol, poor kiddo

Oct 28, 2017
1544474639225.png

They seriously should've just made an animated film like that Night of the Werehog short made for Unleashed. I highly recommend watching that if you want an idea of what a proper Sonic movie should be like.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Honest to god tried my hardest to complete the rest of his face with the provided dimensions:

aRYABzw.jpg

Looking forward to the official face to see how close/off I was, but this is the closest legitimate approximation I ccould see them doing with the provided contours/facial profile.
I honestly wouldn't mind this. I'm just worried they'll give him realistic beady eyes.