• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
I felt the same way about stan's post that C4 did in large part. Also feeling better about c4 in general. Will re-read the thread with them in mind. Would love to call him town, with how active they are in shaping the direction of the thread

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I ain't interested in ISOs. I don't personally get any benefit out of them.
I2UCjIv.gif

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
morning kiddos-

I am typing this while in a huge conference meeting so apologies if it doesn't make complete sense-

I've been trying to catch up since i went to bed. I'll do a deeper dive at noon when Im at lunch. but first thoughts are: what is FDS doing? I don't get why he role claimed in Post #665 and then no one asked him why he role claimed? He got no push back on that? If he is a doctor and town why wouldn't he protect that info? He just made himself a target, no? Why give out that info on D1, when there are really no hard takes yet. He just threw that out there and then it was kinda ignored at the time because he was being annoying. My first game ppl made a huge deal about role reveals, it was really only done to stop you getting axed. FDS had been saying all the time D1 is nonsense, so why is he acting in a way that might come off as risky?

I also don't get bringing up sorian in Post #678 "There are so many other people to investigate! LITERALLY LOOK AT THAT LIST! HOT CLUSTERFUCK TUNNEL OF NONSENSE with sorian alone"

wat? what list are you referencing? - there isn't a list on that page...i will look for it later

Anex voting for me obviously makes me sus of them. They have been having a hard time this (morning? last night?) and I would want to deflect to! But I can't see any version of game play where I am a valid choice for being voted out day 1. But I'm a safe choice to just park a vote because I'm a loner in this game so far. Maybe you thought I wouldn't hit back? Or that you could start a tunnel on me? You said " I'm going to start Vote: CheshireCat to start. Of the people who have the highest posts without a vote, she's near the top. Giving a temporary pass to HP for now because I'm interested to see where his farmers' almanacs go."

Pretttttty thin reasoning/ I'd rather not vote than just pick a random person an find a reason why i can vote for them

Half the votes of D1 have been payback for previous games, and some are probably from mafia. Either way, finding me sus b/c I haven't voted, seems stupid? it assumes voting is less sus than not voting , which i dont agree with. Different play styles maybe. But if we were ending the day right now, I'd vote you off the island.
Many people did point out the weirdness of FDS's reveal. Did you just not read those, or are you creating content in an attempt to appear helpful?

I don't know you, and voting for someone is one of the best ways to generate engagement with that person to form an opinion. Based on what I've read here, I don't see anything to change my mind.

And to me, tunneling means suggesting a vote for someone hoping someone else takes the bait. I had no problem just outright voting for you.

As for me deflecting, why would I chose someone on no one else's suspect list? I spent pretty much the whole last game outside of D1 on people's PoE. It doesn't bother me that much. Especially with how wild this group tends to swing at day end.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
then go for it, plenty of people have voiced their desire to vote for me for one reason or another
the less posting, the less aggressive play, etc
make me
With Stan - I don't remember a post where he said he was busy IRL, and the posts he's made so far haven't been enough for me to make a town read on him. I don't get how everyone else is, but I am meta-less in Seattle over here. I like his reads though. I am learning meta reading his posts so that is nice.

I did agree with him that FDS was being super sketchy though.
its not so much that im busy, its that due to my timezone im asleep during the most active parts of the day. 8 pages went by last night for me, while about 1 page has happened while im awake today.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Stan just starts posting to himself sometimes when no one else is around. Sometimes the biggest enemy is yourself.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
@Randomless you looked at him tartlet, where do you lean there now?
white-guy.gif

Earlier. You looked at him earlier.
I think since my previous read of Zeke I've felt a bit better about him. He's been asking pertinent questions that push the game along, it does seem like he's trying to solve in his own way. I don't agree with Neki's read that he's been more snarky than reasonable, he has seemed pretty reasonable so far to me, so if Neki is right about the meta but wrong about the read then we could be in trouble here. Zeke even moved his vote off Chuggs despite saying otherwise. Don't think I'll vote there today.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was going to be incredibly busy today at work and not have time to post much until roughly 3 hours before EoD, but it turns out my VPN connection is busted so I am unable to do any work at all. Not like I have any big deadlines looming on me or anything like that
620401428858667057.png

I'm going to make a will/won't vote list and put a vote down now. I'll keep playing until my VPN connection is back, if it comes back at all.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
That's my impression of him, you're all free to ISO him if you like. Zeke is hard to read regardless so it's nothing concrete because I have a lot of faith in a lot of us to play well outside of our scum ranges if pressed on so it's not some ultimate litmus test for town/scum.

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
anexanhume
when i was breezing through the posts it looked more like people were talking about FDS's claim, but more in terms of the meta of his past games., and on the doctor role itself.

I didn't see anyone give him real pushback on why the reveal after he spent all of day 1 saying day 1 is useless and nothing real happens. My interest is in the timing of the claim, not the claim itself. That was the distinction I was trying to make. Was it a distraction for another player? If FDS is mafia, and he is working with someone, maybe they needed him to role reveal. Or does his role require him to reveal? And that's why he just dropped it in there? It's not like there were lots of votes on him. It just felt like a big splash in a small pond. Was it a message for someone in particular? IDK

As to you deflecting to me, and not someone else, if your mafia then you know Im not one of you, then you have to kill me eventually. Voting on someone with no votes is a great way to look independent. If you joined a bandwagon you might have been viewed as more sus.

That being said poking people is part of the game, and is not in itself enough of a reason to vote someone off.

there has been lots of dialogue on game play this time around, and what makes a good reason to vote. seems like the current strategies are:
1. You think this person is mafia
2. you haven't heard from them and want to force a reaction
3. you haven't heard from them and would rather yeet a non-active player
4. your role requires it for you to win (independent of mafia)
5. you are mafia killing town

I'd like to take a look at why everyone is voting - that's an after work thing though. It would be interesting to see if there are any patterns. I'm still not ready to put down any vote. Last game i was also town and I think i only ever voted out town, so my track record could do with some improving. And does not require meta! Yay~

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
Also- before anyone @'s me for wasting time on gameplay mechanics - this is literally my 3rd game of mafia ever. I played once IRL, and one game here a few months ago.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the ISOs I've read of Zeke, he tends to play town as more snarky and biting while his mafia play he seems a lot more reasonable. I'm leaning that he's town for now at least based on what I've seen him posted on D1. Within his acceptable town range for me but I won't underestimate his ability to change at a flip of a coin.

Given I wasn't in the game where Fate was neutral or mafia, I've personally only seen his town games. The game where he was mafia he was much more subdued and calculated but his neutral and town play seemed pretty similar when I was reading them which was a rapid-fire post count and aggressiveness of prodding and questing. His play this game is leaning more towards his mafia game than his town game given he is much more subdued and less spew-heavy than I'm used to seeing. While he did note that he wanted to go for a playstyle change, it still comes off worrisome to me.

Is there a quicker way to check what games players have participated in and what alignment they've rolled? I've been using:

docs.google.com

Mafia Game Data

Main sheet Player 1,Player 2,Player 3,Player 4,Player 5,Player 6,Player 7,Player 8,Player 9,Player 10,Player 11,Player 12,Player 13,Player 14,Player 15,Player 16,Player 17 Role name,Shadowlord,Grimoire Noir,Hansel,Gretel,Nier,Kaine,Emil,Grimoire Weiss,Yonah,King of Facade,Fyra,Neun,The Fisherma...

to look at games I've looked at before but it'd much easier for me to search by player than by game given I haven't played with enough people in here.

Sparks given this is just him being nonsensical as usual.

If I was the doctor I wouldn't even try counter claiming someone like Sparks or Blarg given that it'd probably make the town situation worse. So if you want to take his word at face value, sure he could be the doctor but the real doctor would never want to claim against them, nor should they want to.

Not to mention Sparks had a powerful role in MGS but he failed to use it over six days because he didn't read it properly. If Sparks really is the doctor I'll take it as a win if he saves one person. This doesn't make me afraid to vote there though.

Stan just starts posting to himself sometimes when no one else is around. Sometimes the biggest enemy is yourself.

That's my impression of him, you're all free to ISO him if you like. Zeke is hard to read regardless so it's nothing concrete because I have a lot of faith in a lot of us to play well outside of our scum ranges if pressed on so it's not some ultimate litmus test for town/scum.

Someone tell me if this is within Neki's town range because that's a lot of words, meta reads, and game history for a handful of easy reads.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
white-guy.gif

I think since my previous read of Zeke I've felt a bit better about him. He's been asking pertinent questions that push the game along, it does seem like he's trying to solve in his own way. I don't agree with Neki's read that he's been more snarky than reasonable, he has seemed pretty reasonable so far to me, so if Neki is right about the meta but wrong about the read then we could be in trouble here. Zeke even moved his vote off Chuggs despite saying otherwise. Don't think I'll vote there today.
Tartlet sounds like a bad fake Pokemon lol

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me if this is within Neki's town range because that's a lot of words, meta reads, and game history for a handful of easy reads.
Come on LP. It's D1, of course I'm going to be using meta reads. No vote data, no EoD movement, no real pressure besides Sparks randomly claiming D1. People can lament about how towny Random and Stan sound because of their posts but I don't process that info the same way, it just looks like a typical D1 post. I'm not sure where else you want me to look besides my past games and experiences with players I've played with. I say this every game but it seems like I'd be more town read more if I just posted less because people always assume I have nefarious intent whenever I post.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to say my usual and I already know it's dismissive. Sparks might be scum, sure, but trying to pin him on these weird as non-sequiturs isn't going to be it. I have no idea why he cares about me more than anyone else in this game but I'm also not surprised.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I never do, because you don't need to read me, I've already told you all you need to know to not make a mistake with your vote.

Well so HPSauce and C4.

I'm always interested in hearing more from the low postcount players. jman, Stan, LP, etc. Can't just skate on by with the excuse the Dodgers game was on, that's not gonna fly here.

I gave you the list the very next three words of that post.

His other posts amount to "don't vote me I'm town". Like okay, you can start playing anytime now...

Oct 25, 2017
Sorian What's your opinion on LP if you have the time? I'm honestly kind of tempted to vote there, but this does not feel like his normal scum game, and it's really throwing me off

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorian What's your opinion on LP if you have the time? I'm honestly kind of tempted to vote there, but this does not feel like his normal scum game, and it's really throwing me off

His game is weak so far but I've never known LP to be a strong day 1 player. The fact that he's putting in any effort at all is a good sign to me, I'd firmly guess town or neutral for him. Scum LP wouldn't bother responding to some of the stuff he is.

Oct 25, 2017
Like scum LP usually blends into the background even more than he normally does, so him busting in here being all "Where the fuck is all the FIGHTING?" feels real weird. I've seen aggressive LP be town before, but usually it's a bit more…focused I guess? His play here is so different than what I'm used to I'm not really sure what to make of it

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like scum LP usually blends into the background even more than he normally does, so him busting in here being all "Where the fuck is all the FIGHTING?" feels real weird. I've seen aggressive LP be town before, but usually it's a bit more…focused I guess? His play here is so different than what I'm used to I'm not really sure what to make of it

It's him trying to spur conversation in his own way. It makes sense to me for a day 1 play. I was already getting bored which is why I claimed and even that didn't move the needle much in interesting posts.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Aight imma go miss another few hundred posts, i will make sure to be on before the days end.
Po marie motherfuckers.

Oct 25, 2017
For those who like to read old games for the reads, the first Transistor game has a town LP with a real similar vibe as he here.

His game is weak so far but I've never known LP to be a strong day 1 player. The fact that he's putting in any effort at all is a good sign to me, I'd firmly guess town or neutral for him. Scum LP wouldn't bother responding to some of the stuff he is.

It's him trying to spur conversation in his own way. It makes sense to me for a day 1 play. I was already getting bored which is why I claimed and even that didn't move the needle much in interesting posts.

Hm I think I agree with these.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like anex's vote on me. Last game was a completely different scenario. And I don't think he mentioned me at all before then?

Sneeks voting for Stan is a bit weird to me considering he was going to start posting after she'd gone to bed, so she was always going to move it. Her comment that "it's mostly town doing the talking" was a bit ehh to me as well but otherwise she seems town.

Chugg is handing out town reads like candy and even his vote on Hawthorn seems to lack vigour but I agree with most of his posts so I won't vote there.

Fate...maybe he's a bit burned out after last game and he's taking a more measured approach, especially with louder voices in play. But playing safe also trends towards scum.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Don't like anex's vote on me. Last game was a completely different scenario. And I don't think he mentioned me at all before then?

Sneeks voting for Stan is a bit weird to me considering he was going to start posting after she'd gone to bed, so she was always going to move it. Her comment that "it's mostly town doing the talking" was a bit ehh to me as well but otherwise she seems town.

Chugg is handing out town reads like candy and even his vote on Hawthorn seems to lack vigour but I agree with most of his posts so I won't vote there.

Fate...maybe he's a bit burned out after last game and he's taking a more measured approach, especially with louder voices in play. But playing safe also trends towards scum.
Why was it a different scenario? I'm dumb.

I indicated willingness to vote for you previously.

Your solicitation of advice on Neki's behavior is odd. You played with him last game, and he got a ton of focus due to fake red check. His game is extremely similar to that game so far. It surprises me that that would escape your notice.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is handing out town reads like candy, I don't even who is left to vote for if I am to believe some of these town reads. Basically policy voting jman or EC basically all that's left.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Come on LP. It's D1, of course I'm going to be using meta reads. No vote data, no EoD movement, no real pressure besides Sparks randomly claiming D1. People can lament about how towny Random and Stan sound because of their posts but I don't process that info the same way, it just looks like a typical D1 post. I'm not sure where else you want me to look besides my past games and experiences with players I've played with. I say this every game but it seems like I'd be more town read more if I just posted less because people always assume I have nefarious intent whenever I post.

We have 18 pages. Surely you can squeeze a drop of water out of the rock that is D1. And no, staying quiet also catches votes. I would know.

Half the roster has voted. Anything stick out?

Some people have reads list. Anything you agree or disagree with?

Most people have trouble with D1 but it doesn't mean nothing's happening.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
We have 18 pages. Surely you can squeeze a drop of water out of the rock that is D1. And no, staying quiet also catches votes. I would know.

Half the roster has voted. Anything stick out?

Some people have reads list. Anything you agree or disagree with?

Most people have trouble with D1 but it doesn't mean nothing's happening.

I guarantee that I'm going to stay quiet next game and get less flak than I have been for the past 3 games.

Come join me on Hawthorn. It'll be fun

I mean I can look over her posts again but if I look at past Hawthorn games to compare LP is just gonna accuse me of going for the 'easy' meta reads. I will comb over her posts again though.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Ok, I'm finally caught up (sees that one more page was added ocvernight)... dang it.

oh cool. looking forward to your take on it

This are the posts that stuck out the most for me.

I would consider voting for the following people, as of now:
  • EvilChameleon
  • Chuggernaut
  • Anexanhune
  • Sparks
  • Neki
  • FateShirou
I town read HP. I find Maol, Random, and Ephi to be very good town players, so I don't want to vote them out D1, and so far their posts today have backed this up, though it's not enough for a full town read. I've moved past finding that one vote on HP suspicious from Random-- I think it was clearly when reading the surrounding posts that it was just a meta-reference to the last name. LP hasn't posted much, as usual, but I often find his posts helpful on later days if he's town, so since I have nothing against him I wouldn't vote him out D1.

Wouldn't vote Sorian due to his claim which is testable.

Dislike voting out new-ish players, or players returning after a long absence, on D1 so that takes out C4, Cheshire, and Neon. I would like to see more from Cheshire and Neon though.

Sawneeks and Zeke are both often killed early, so I'd like to keep them alive into midgame this time. Zeke is one who like me always seems suspicious, but I'm not getting it off his posts so far, he feels town. Sawneeks I'm less sure of, but I just want to experience a game where she lives past D3.

Jman and Stan haven't posted much (Jman may not have posted at all yet?) and I don't feel like voting them out would give us any useful data, both can also be pretty insightful if town.

Of my short list, I would probably order it:
1. Sparks
2. EC
3. Fate
4. Chuggernaut
5. neki
6. anex

However I'm not going to vote until I see more of how the day plays out

This is a very long post where you said nothing.

She probably hasn't read the thread fully yet and is trying to engage with the people who are throwing shade at her. You're correct that the reasons she's giving aren't fully fleshed out, but I'd actually think scum Thorny would have taken the time to properly catch up with the thread before throwing that list out there. I don't think she's scum trying to coast by here with noticeably weak posts, I think she's just stating her current read of the state of the game and where she's going to be pushing nearer EoD.

I don't like these posts. The woe is me portion feels like frustrated scum, which I get it, I've been there, but I'm also not falling for it. The LP and the Anex read in the first one are the big red flags for me. The LP portion feels like a genuine scum read, but despite being someone who she's scum reading she only kind of sees the case on Anex?

And then we go down to the second post and Anex is on her would vote for list, while LP is nowhere to be seen?

And again, I have no clue why Thorny is scum reading the people she's scum reading. It feels like she's hoping if she says the names enough, people will fill in the blanks themselves. My vote is staying where it is.

These posts shine a light(for lack of a better term), into Hathorn's inconsistencies. Especially in the first post where she listed two people who, at the time, had very little posts as their main suspects, which you pointed out was particularly weak.

Maol also pointed that out, but unlike Chugg, actually came to Hawthorn's defense. Dunno what that means, but just leaving it out there.

Finally, there is the last post in which Chugg lists the reasons Hawthorn's latest post seems scummy. In which he doubles down on his vote on her.

Given what I've read, I'm going to say that, up ntil the point I've read, Thorn has been weak town. Their reads and FoS have been inconsistent given the post contents. I'd be willing to vote for her unless something changes in the last page I've not read.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Won't vote:
c4: I like his play so far, and he's new, so I won't vote here. Double no
Maol: He's been active and involved, I would say no.
Sparks: Nobody has counterclaimed, and I understand why folks wouldn't do that even if the claim is bs, but I don't think I want to test a doctor claim this early. No for me
Sorian: Let the neutral prove their claim. No
HP: Seems high effort and working on making connections, not just sheeping others reads. Feel pretty good about HP. No
Sneeks: Had one pretty strong post before disappearing for a minute, then came back quite strong. I'm feeling good about Sneeks, I also wouldn't vote here just because I'm too kind for my own good and I think it'd be neat if Sneeks could live past D1 for once. Double no
Cheshire: She's pretty new, though not entirely brand new. I feel like she's working through things so far even if she doesn't have any strong conclusions yet. Double no.
Ephi: I like what Ephi's doing so far. There's a lot of interactions and questions that appear meaningful. No
Zeke: I mentioned in the above post, but I think no for now.
Hawthorn: I don't really like the idea of voting out Hawthorn D1. Hawthorn is a very good player that has a really unique way of thinking about the game that I find very helpful when I'm on the same side as her. I should re-read her this phase to get a stronger opinion, but as of now I'd give her a chance because I'm not seeing this horrible stuff in her posts that others are seeing, so no.
Chuggs: I feel like Sorian's description of Chuggs this game, that he's been very straight edge, seems pretty apt. Less joking than I expected from Chuggs. I feel like he's generally been helpful, but I should re-read Chuggs as well to really decide. His tunnel on Hawthorn is interesting, pretty much reading everything she's doing as scummy. With all the town reads Chuggs has, it makes sense that he would focus on his one scumread. I think I wouldn't vote here for now
EC: I still think the Maol vote was a massive town tell. Not voting here

Maybe vote:
Neki: Seems like regular Neki so far except the weird speculation post that everybody else already commented on. Also this post was kinda weird, saying he doesn't know Shirou as scum but then talking about... Shirou as scum. I feel like I understand what Neki is trying to say here, that he read the game but it's not the same as playing in it, but the wording is poor. Altogether I probably wouldn't vote Neki today but this weirdness is enough to make me doubt myself.
Stan: Stan has one good post. It's a pretty good post, but it's not quite enough content for me to give him a pass for today.
LP: He's weirding me out with some of his posts this game. I keep moving him between maybe and would vote in my head. I think Chuggs and Sorian's points about town!LP acting this way have some truth in them. I keep thinking back to "I was only pretending to act scummy!" from the last game. I really don't know here. I think he wouldn't be a top vote prospect for me but I'd prefer him to any of my won't vote pile.

Would vote:
Neon: Has 20 posts with very little actual content in them. Seems new-ish or back after a while away so I feel bad about a D1 vote, but yes.
jman: Haven't gotten anything worthwhile from jman so far. He said he will come back, catch up and post so we'll see if that materializes. Yes otherwise.
Shirou: I still feel his entrance was bad, even if he's backed down. After other players started to grab attention instead he went away into the shadows. I know Shirou said he was going to change his style but this is a very abrupt change. The audacity of the jackbox meta read is still sticking out to me. After getting called out early, I noticed he made some posts that were a little more "traditional" style Shirou posts, and paranoid brain is telling me that's him trying to cover for his earlier behaviour. I think I'm going to vote here for now. I hope I'm not in a tunnel here.
anex: Has had slow starts in the 2 games I've seen from him so far. In The Thing eventually heated up into a very strong town player, but in Star Trek floundered under the weight of a tough role to play well. So far this D1 anex feels a lot more defensive than I am used to seeing and feels like he's digging himself into a hole a bit. I would vote here. I think resolving how I feel about LP will help me get a better grasp on anex, because I can't help but see LP's words about anex getting votes because he's a newer player and lacks meta, but I still think anex's performance so far hasn't been great.

Vote: FateShirou

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Lone_Prodigy (2 votes)
Hawthorn - #835
Anexanhume - #863

Hawthorn (2 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #485
FateShirou - #498

Maolfunction (2 votes)
Sorian - #238
EvilChameleon - #390

Stantastic (1 votes)
Sawneeks - #738

Anexanhume (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #560
Sawneeks - #631 #734

FateShirou (1 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #248 #343
Randomless - #885

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
Stantastic - #795

Sawneeks (1 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #761

CheshireCat (0 votes)
Anexanhume - #840 #863

TheChuggernaut (0 votes)
NeonBorealis - #152 #614
EzekelRAGE - #206 #761
Stantastic - #291 #795

Randomless (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #183 #362

EvilChameleon (0 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #101 #248
Hawthorn - #724 #835

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #151 #612

HPSauce (0 votes)
FateShirou - #89 #498
Randomless - #115 #347
Maolfunction - #123 #183

Not voting: CheshireCat, jman1954goat, Neki, Funky Dude Sparks, Ephidel, NeonBorealis, HPSauce, Lone_Prodigy, c4e5g3d5

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 174 c4e5g3d5: 106 Maolfunction: 100 Funky Dude Sparks: 80 EzekelRAGE: 78 Sorian: 55 Anexanhume: 52 HPSauce: 49 Sawneeks: 45 FateShirou: 44 CheshireCat: 40 Randomless: 38 Neki: 35 Hawthorn: 28 Stantastic: 26 Ephidel: 24 EvilChameleon: 23 NeonBorealis: 21 Lone_Prodigy: 15 jman1954goat: 9

Current Countdown:
gejafxv92g

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Given what I've read, I'm going to say that, up ntil the point I've read, Thorn has been weak town. Their reads and FoS have been inconsistent given the post contents. I'd be willing to vote for her unless something changes in the last page I've not read.
Sorry, you think Hawthorn is weak *town* but you want to vote for her?

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Randomless I thought it was clear that my experiences playing with Shirou have been only him being town. That's why I had to read the one game where he was mafia and it does feel different from his town game. I don't think it was worded weirdly at all, I'm more familiar with his town game and this feels doesn't feel like it to me.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I dont really like this turn around by neon
going to note it down, but this seems really fishy to me

Ok. Halfway through the last page, but this one deserves a post of its own.

I'm going to be complretely honest with you. All non game cars on the table.

I'm not smart when it comes to mafia games.

Sure, I like to play them and I like the social deduction, but I've never been good at the whole "reading people" . My reading comprehension when reading posts is low and I have to reread them plenty of times to get them and I'm not the best when it comes to relating posts with motives.

I realize that that is something solved (partially) with practice. And I should probably have stayed active in the community, but alas.

Now, the reason I flipped o my read for you was because of, I guess you could call it empathy. In many games I used to comment on the players that were most recent or active in the conversation as a way of actually making posts.

Whe I reread your post I went: "You know, I've done that many times regardless if I'm town or mafia. I don't think it's fair to suspect them completely because of that".

That is the reason of my flip.

Ok. Rant over, I'm back to reread the rest of the thread.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Randomless I thought it was clear that my experiences playing with Shirou have been only him being town. That's why I had to read the one game where he was mafia and it does feel different from his town game. I don't think it was worded weirdly at all, I'm more familiar with his town game and this feels doesn't feel like it to me.
See this is what I took from your post but I wanted to be sure. You said you've "seen" only his town games, but then talked about his game as scum, but you never said you went back and read that game. I wasn't sure if you were just taking someone else's meta read of scum!Shirou or if you had read that one. Thank you for clearing that up.

With the knowledge that you've read that game (Fate 1, I read it as well) I find myself agreeing with your read of Shirou in that very same post.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Don't make me eat a shoe here, Zeke lol
tenor.gif

Sneeks: Had one pretty strong post before disappearing for a minute, then came back quite strong. I'm feeling good about Sneeks, I also wouldn't vote here just because I'm too kind for my own good and I think it'd be neat if Sneeks could live past D1 for once. Double no
What are your feelings on Neeks changin up on me?

wouldn't vote today;
c4
chuggs (unless a damn good reason)
zeke (same as above)
maol (same)
sorian
Rando
HP
Fate???

would vote;
LP
stan
sparks
EC
hawthorn
ephi
neki
jman
cheshire?

going to reread neon, stan, EC, haw, ephi. i'll be back since i dont think they have a lot of posts collectively.

NIghts like this
I wish............
Raindrops would fall
02joB0s.gif

actually, think i'd move zeke down to the 'would vote' area and move sparks and neon up to 'would not vote'

What moved me from "wouldnt vote unless there is a damn good reason" to "would vote"?

your continued use of gifs/memes above actual contributions. i've seen you do both and that's not happening.

That reasoning doesnt make any sense neeks. I've only made one post sense you made that read list.

So you are telling if I didnt post anything..............I would still be in the category of "wouldn't vote without a damn good reason".

Gotta say that sounds very weak and scummy.

it was only 1 post lol. this day has felt longer.

sorry if you were looking for more, zeke, but it's really just looking at the list and not agreeing with where i put you earlier. LP's post about your post count and gif usage did get me to think about it again and realize you were using them a lot.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Okay my VPN is back up and in the interest of not getting fired I'm gonna need to get back to work. Like I said, I should be around roughly 3 hours before EoD and will stay around at that point.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee that I'm going to stay quiet next game and get less flak than I have been for the past 3 games.

I mean I can look over her posts again but if I look at past Hawthorn games to compare LP is just gonna accuse me of going for the 'easy' meta reads. I will comb over her posts again though.

I can only speak for myself, but this is hardly "flak" considering how I haven't mentioned voting for you at all. (I wouldn't call Zeke saying "weird post" flak either.) I just want to see more from you, and continually saying "it's D1! There are no votes!" grows tiresome after awhile.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Okay I can answer this quickly.

I disagree with Sneeks' read of you. However, I know Sneeks has played with you wayyyy more than I have, so I'm not going to scumread her over it, she could very well be right and I could be getting duped.
Wasnt talking about whether you agree with her read of me. I was talkin about how she had me as one of her top town, then 4 hours later knocked me down to "would vote" giving the reasoning that I was posting to many gifs/memes. Called her out on it and reasoning was weak especially since I had only made 1 post between the two reads of me.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I would consider voting for the following people, as of now:
  • EvilChameleon
  • Chuggernaut
  • Anexanhune
  • Sparks
  • Neki
  • FateShirou
I town read HP. I find Maol, Random, and Ephi to be very good town players, so I don't want to vote them out D1, and so far their posts today have backed this up, though it's not enough for a full town read. I've moved past finding that one vote on HP suspicious from Random-- I think it was clearly when reading the surrounding posts that it was just a meta-reference to the last name. LP hasn't posted much, as usual, but I often find his posts helpful on later days if he's town, so since I have nothing against him I wouldn't vote him out D1.

Wouldn't vote Sorian due to his claim which is testable.

Dislike voting out new-ish players, or players returning after a long absence, on D1 so that takes out C4, Cheshire, and Neon. I would like to see more from Cheshire and Neon though.

Sawneeks and Zeke are both often killed early, so I'd like to keep them alive into midgame this time. Zeke is one who like me always seems suspicious, but I'm not getting it off his posts so far, he feels town. Sawneeks I'm less sure of, but I just want to experience a game where she lives past D3.

Jman and Stan haven't posted much (Jman may not have posted at all yet?) and I don't feel like voting them out would give us any useful data, both can also be pretty insightful if town.

Of my short list, I would probably order it:
1. Sparks
2. EC
3. Fate
4. Chuggernaut
5. neki
6. anex

However I'm not going to vote until I see more of how the day plays out

This is the big post that stuck out to me on re-read for Hawthorn. To preface, this was before Sparks 'claimed' and before Stan checked in.

I see that Sorian brought up the same points shortly after I typed all of this up but I'll still leave my thoughts, I see that you've responded it to it already Hawthorn so you don't need to re-iterate for me.

It's fine to want to give jman/stan a free pass because they have good town play but voting off Sparks/EC isn't exactly going to give us a plethora of data either. I find it hard to believe that would be at the top of the short list because they don't have any real content either. The problem with voting Sparks/EC is people aren't going to defend them and we're probably just going to have one big wagon at EoD if people really committed to this idea. EC's playstyle is very noncommittal and low information and I don't think anyone would object to the idea that it's anti-town in the long run which means most people are not against the idea of voting for him. Sparks is just a flurry of words and thoughts without a real direction and I don't know if I've ever made sense of anything he's said to be useful to be town.

I'm not opposed to voting for them but that's because on D1 I'd rather vote off low activity people because I feel bad voting off people who are putting in work on D1 and I'm sure scum will kill off the capable town players anyways, so I'd rather not help them anymore than I can. The scum are never going to kill off the low activity players (unless they are a good PR) because they aren't solving/ they aren't at a threat and it forces town to deal with the question marks instead of scum.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not seeing the case for scum Fate, but I have admittedly not paid attention to the two(?) games where he did roll scum. Just feels like he's a bit burned after the last game