Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
AbsolutBro is now being counted properly on the vote tool! Sorry about the delay.

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Fran (3 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #259 #386
weemadarthur - #414 #501
Kitsunelaine - #418
Fantomas - #535
Funky Dude Sparks - #588

Kalor (2 votes)
Z-Beat - #224
Turmoil7 - #280 #308
Kitsunelaine - #386 #399
Turmoil7 - #392

Kopite (1 votes)
lokiduck - #461

Turmoil7 (1 votes)
Stuart444 - #339
Funky Dude Sparks - #357 #587
Kitsunelaine - #399 #412

Stantastic (1 votes)
Turmoil7 - #256 #280
lokiduck - #425 #441
weemadarthur - #501

lokiduck (1 votes)
lokiduck - #441 #461
CoolestSpot - #487

absolutbro (1 votes)
absolutbro - #354 #384
absolutbro - #384

nin (1 votes)
Fantomas - #126 #202
Stuart444 - #128 #339
Turmoil7 - #145 #256
nin - #342
Fantomas - #402 #454

Kitsunelaine (1 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #127 #259
Stantastic - #569

CoolestSpot (0 votes)
Fantomas - #226 #402

Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
lokiduck - #125 #425

Z-Beat (0 votes)
Fantomas - #454 #524

Lone_Prodigy (0 votes)
Fantomas - #202 #226

Fantomas (0 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #412 #418

Pirate Bae (0 votes)
weemadarthur - #177 #414
Turmoil7 - #308 #392

Stuart444 (0 votes)
Stantastic - #189 #569
Fantomas - #524 #535

Not voting: EzekelRAGE, rac, Kopite, Fran, Soneji, Pirate Bae, Lone_Prodigy, Kalor

Post Counts:
lokiduck: 61 Kitsunelaine: 52 Fantomas: 51 CoolestSpot: 41 Turmoil7: 40 weemadarthur: 37 Funky Dude Sparks: 36 Stantastic: 26 Fran: 20 Stuart444: 19 Pirate Bae: 18 Z-Beat: 15 nin: 13 absolutbro: 11 rac: 9 EzekelRAGE: 9 Soneji: 5 Lone_Prodigy: 4 Kopite: 3 Kalor: 3

Current Countdown:
tqldq845gt

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
If I were in a scum role I, too, would distance myself from commotion

Which I never did. Point to me where I tried to distance myself from Stuart.

lot of noise but can't really push conversation to something with more substance cause it's day one and there is really nothing to go on. Fran reaction to stu and fanto/son pressuring Fran on it is interesting. I found Fran's reaction weird as well but atm just chalking it up to day 1 hunting. Kits/ fanto seems to be a miscommunication more than anything.
——————

How it was weird? Explain yourself as you are just saying nothing right now.

Thanks for responding Zeke, I just want to say that my stance on the Fran thing is his questioning of Stu's list felt very him and I don't really see it as that suspicious?

Why does everybody keep saying that I questioned Stuart list when I never did? I never talked any of the names and it's crazy that I have to keep explaining this when.

Something 2 others did prior to him.
Please pay attention

Which, by the way, you ignored my answer. Why are you still trying to push the same narrative when I already said that you were wrong?

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think with 16 hours to go and so little to go on, this day 1 will likely prove to be little additive in rest of hours of changing the very grounds of the usual game of Mafia. I don't want to rush y'all, sure people can prod, set up later days, and ask questions for a bit longer, but once we reach the 5ish hour mark I think we should all agree right now out of the gate for this.

We roll a dice.

Hear me out. For town, the best possible situation is a total random kill. In truth, we're likely to kill a townie on D1. It's how the game is designed, and the only benefit we have is next day we can go off if it was a power role and any sort of night actions that happen after. My solution creates enough randomness that it gets rid of trains that scum can abuse on us town, and makes it fully fair I think. We still get night actions, we still get a possible power role to read into game's balance next day, and we get time to discuss up to this point. It just cuts out scum fuckery over the town's eyes.

The only benefit to day 1 is following who places their vote where, which more often or not I've seen town kill each other over. And we still have legitimate players asking questions and framing scenarios from now and the rest of the day to read into. so we can always look into that and use that for motivation, so it's not like I'm saying let's shut this down and have nothing to go off of later.

1 Funky Dude Sparks
2 Stantastic
3 lokiduck|Loki
4 Soneji
5 EzekelRAGE
6 Kitsunelaine|Kits
7 Stuart444|Stu
8 Fran
9 Pirate Bae
10 Fantomas
11 Kalor
12 Turmoil7
13 Z-Beat
14 Kopite
15 rac
16 Lone_Prodigy|LP
17 nin
18 weemadarthur
19 absolutbro

So I don't know who, but hopefully we'll agree someone at the right time (maybe gamerunner?) will post a video of using 1-20 random number generator, publishes it, and then we can vote to kill them. Some will probably choose not to go this method even when this video is put up, but hopefully if gamerunner allows it we'd have our most effective day 1 yet.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
How it was weird? Explain yourself as you are just saying nothing right now.

Why does everybody keep saying that I questioned Stuart list when I never did? I never talked any of the names and it's crazy that I have to keep explaining this when.
You focusing on something like the number of scum is weird. Why not ask his reasoning on the ppl he chose? If you think it's a shit post, why even focus on the number of scum? You are making it seem like stu has inside info on the number of mafia.

I think ppl are saying you question stu's read list because you dismissed the entire post as a shitpost.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Scum may get an easy lunch either way, but that makes the day one votes useless as we can't use them to scum hunt later in the game.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
^ That too. People having to justify their votes can be used later when looking over their over all actions in the game.

We need to settle on what trains are going to be focused on for EoD of day tomorrow. and I want to do that before I have to leave for my thing.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
That's why if I can't figure out my vote before bed, I'm going to get up earlier tomorrow to give myself time to figure one out.

In either case I always hate day 1 because it's always hard figuring out who to vote for especially if not everyone has posted enough :<

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
It's funny though because I'm just going to miss day end due to having to leave for my thing 30 minutes before. I may be able to see what happens on mobile, but still.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ok so I like Fran despite the lack of shitposting with the rest of us. On the other hand, could be seen as an early gambit to look townish, born out of nervousness. I'm considering it, but I don't buy it as of this moment. I don't buy Fran as that kind of nervous.

Nin and wee I also like. I respect players making noise D1 despite the fact that noisy game playing can paint people as targets for D1 lynching, which is usually based on very little.
This post is extremely hedgy, and hedginess is next to scumminess in my eyes.

Not a fan of this post, totally comes across like you didn't actually read what I wrote.
He did, he just has a different perception of it. Quite defensive here.

"I don't buy Fran as being nervous" is absolutely a definitive statement and the fact that you're not reading it as such makes me inheretly suspicious of you.
How can it be a definitive statement when you preempt it with "as of this moment"?

VOTE: Kitsunelaine

This feels like an overreaction to me. I'm not even voting for you, and wasn't even considering it. I was just saying what I was seeing. Whatever.
You back down so quickly, even though an overreaction here should be cause for further suspicion.

So we're doing this until I hit 10 posts huh
If by "we" you mean the town, and by "doing this" meaning having expectations from you to contribute to the game, then no we're not doing this just until you hit 10 posts. You can aim for more than that.

And for the record, no he didn't tell me that in Scum Chat, he said it in Discord lol.
This seems rather self-conscious of the perception that you might be seen as talking to them in scum chat. My initial thought was they posted about it in a Death Stranding related thread so I didn't think anything of it beyond that.

Why?

You have said nothing else all game. Who's his team? At least one.
The bolded is quite the overreaction. It's d1 with most still joke posting/going off gut pings and yet you're wanting him to provide multiple scum reads/associative reads on who the team is at a stage when most people aren't even posting reads list or even giving one scum read?

Ok i'm creeped out now.

vote: stantastic
What's the reasoning for this vote?

I honestly have no idea what's going on

Gut impressions:

Fanto is playing like Fanto and is being very analytic already, no alarm bells there.

Turmoil's claim fish reads more like he's fishing for responses as opposed to an actual claim. Kind of makes me sus of anyone who took it seriously. Reads like they're trying to jump on an easy point of contention.

I'd like to see more from Stu, I always really like his observations.

Loki seems okay? Not really sure here, seems like she's making some real easy reads.
For someone who says they have no idea what is going on, you sure seem to have a fair grasp of the game around you. Breaking your post down, it looks like you have a null/null-town read on Fanto, suspicion on those who took turmoil's claim seriously so you should name names and pursue those people, Stu part is just buddying, and what reads of Loki's do you think are easy? Are they easy in a way that makes you suspicious that they're just putting out reads for the sake of it, with no real investment?

I just think that Stuart made a joke list early in the game (and I thought it was related to the list that he made in HvV2 when he listed all the scum members really early in the game) and that some of you are really trying to hard to find meaning to it. Just look at how Stuart responded to all the post asking him to clarify it:
Stu's reads list could have been a joke, and further posts make it come off that way, but that wasn't the main basis behind my suspicion. It was that with just that one post you assumed it had to be a joke rather than trying to figure if it had any basis, and in asking about the numbers you treated it as if it wasn't a joke. A joke reads list has no need to adhere to putting a proper amount of scum in, nor does a serious one for that matter. So why did your mind turn to the thought : there is not enough scum listed here to match the ratio that this game should have?

You focusing on something like the number of scum is weird. Why not ask his reasoning on the ppl he chose? If you think it's a shit post, why even focus on the number of scum? You are making it seem like stu has inside info on the number of mafia.

I think ppl are saying you question stu's read list because you dismissed the entire post as a shitpost.
This is good stuff.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Stu's dodging of giving a statement about his reads list itself is somewhat suspect, if it is just a joke reads list why not clarify this for those who care about that? I didn't write it off as a joke initially as I can see reasons why someone would suspect Fran(giving town activities that he didn't use to make any reads) and rac(policy lynch talk).

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Coolest thats a fucking awful idea, the point of day 1 isnt really to lunch scum, like that would be great but its never an attainable goal, its to create enough chatter that can be utilized in later days with the benfit of hindsight, your plan would negate that entirely and day 2 would be similarly blind to day 2.

How can it be a definitive statement when you preempt it with "as of this moment"?

VOTE: Kitsunelaine
dude i think you are confusing "definitive" with "ultimate"
definitive just means its a clearly defined conclusion, not that it cannot change with new circumstances, which does fit what Kits is saying.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Current reads

Top town : Ezekel, Nin

Top scum : Fran, Kitsune

Other scum suspects : Fanto, Pirate, wee and to a lesser extent Stu and LP

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Quick reread of players from least to most comments:

Kopite: One post saying he wouldn't vote out Fanto and two posts about a previous game. Really hoping he responds to my questions and gets engaged.

Kalor: He likes Cher and doesn't want to roleclaim yet which makes sense. Not much else

LP: Typical "Am I at 10 posts yet" and joke posts. This is just NAI for him and definitely doesn't give him a pass.

Soneji: Hasn't talked much, but when he was here he questioned Fran's post which is something. His new posts seem reasonable too. Def want more though. Out of the low posters, i'm probably the most okay with him... for now.

rac: mostly policy lunch talk and saying he'll fight Stu's scum read of him. He feels like the rac I have normally seen in other games and others agree with me.

abs: mainly trying to get his name corrected so he isn't unlunchable. Did explain his reasoning for not voting for some people but really hasn't done much.

Zeke: Asking 100% like how he always plays which is very much NAI. Lot of shitposting with occasional questioning. Wants CS and Sparks out for Blarg like activity.

nin: Not sure how to feel about him at the moment. He seems alright I guess???

Z-Beat: Knows his scooby doo stuff and I have learned a lot about the credits of death stranding and how long they are. I got nothing besides that.

Pirate Bae: Mostly joke posts but her gut impressions post was reasonable, though I'd love to hear what else she thinks of the other players. I'll say she seems okay for now, but I 100% need more before I can fully judge.

Stu: Besides the list which seems to be a joke? All of his posts have been jokes and I really hope he clears things up in the morning. Another great case for wanting to see more.

Stan: Again a lot of joke posts but it does seem like normal Stan, including asking people to vote for him.

Fran: His wanting people to focus, questioning Stu's scum team size, and even being suspicious of Fanto for not explaining his meta reads on CS and Sparks seems very him, and so far I haven't seen anything suspicious about him. In HvV2, I just had a gut feeling he was scum that stuck with me all game and I'm not getting anything like that here. In either case, I could be wrong still.

Sparks: Mainly seems to just be commentating on the game itself and trying to push a turmoil lunch. Also thinks Fran and Soneji are scum together with Abs. He seems okay for now at least?

wee: I still maintain that a lot of her posts seem like normal wee and her later posts have been a lot more active game hunting. She seems fine but we'll see.

turmoil: This seems a lot like town turmoil who makes a bunch of votes and suggestions on how to handle things. I think Fanto is right that scum him is a bit different based on what I've seen before.

Coolestspot: I've only seen him in like 1 game so don't know how to read him really. His plan to roll a dice to determine the vote is flawed however, but seems like something he'd do. I can't really get on a real opinion on him right now.

Fanto: Has been asking a lot of questions and debating with people when he's around. I appreciate the questions he through my way as it allowed me to explain my opinions a bit better.

Kits: Lots of joke posts and debating with other people and for the most it seems like her normal routine but as I said earlier, I have never seen what scum her is like so I may be wrong.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitive statement = current conclusion = "Here's where I'm at right now" = "There is one conclusion of this post" = "I am not presenting two conflicting opinions" = "There is an actual statement here, and this is what that statement definitively is"

Swing and a miss, Soneji.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'd be weary of... pretty much anyone who isn't hedging on D1. Like, for real. Swinging at people who are hedging when the game's so early in play is... Really weird? Really weird. I don't like how weird that is. It reads as a nervous play. A hella nervous play. Like-- what Soneji is saying is, "I expect you to say that Person X is ABSOLUTELY town, or Person X is ABSOLUTELY scum when the game isn't even two days old and people are barely out of the shitposting phase". That's an absolutely unreasonable expectation to pin on somebody. I don't like it. Not one bit.

Vote: Soneji

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Definitive statement = current conclusion = "Here's where I'm at right now" = "There is one conclusion of this post" = "I am not presenting two conflicting opinions" = "There is an actual statement here, and this is what that statement definitively is"

Swing and a miss, Soneji.
My overall point was that your original post was very hedgy, and it is that along with your bad reaction with Fanto that made me vote you. We can argue semantics all day, which would just be going into perspectives like you tried to with Fanto. It isn't important to my vote.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Vote: Fran
Looking back he seems defensive as well.

lokiduck I agree that me being normal is nai, why isn't the same for Fran? I ask because this is the 2nd time you mention Fran Is being Fran. That should be nai at best.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Looking back he seems defensive as well.

lokiduck I agree that me being normal is nai, why isn't the same for Fran? I ask because this is the 2nd time you mention Fran Is being Fran. That should be nai at best.
Yeah that is true I guess, and i probably should have noticed that inconsistency before posting. :/

Ultimately i don't feel like voting for either of you today (unless of course I see reason otherwise) and isn't that ultimately what matters in the end?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My overall point was that your original post was very hedgy, and it is that along with your bad reaction with Fanto that made me vote you. We can argue semantics all day, which would just be going into perspectives like you tried to with Fanto. It isn't important to my vote.

Okay then. Next time I come to conclusions, I won't post about the different thoughtlines I considered in the process of getting there. And I will make a mental note never to argue with you about anything as well. Wouldn't want to waste anyone's time, after all.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, I'd be weary of... pretty much anyone who isn't hedging on D1. Like, for real. Swinging at people who are hedging when the game's so early in play is... Really weird? Really weird. I don't like how weird that is. It reads as a nervous play. A hella nervous play. Like-- what Soneji is saying is, "I expect you to say that Person X is ABSOLUTELY town, or Person X is ABSOLUTELY scum when the game isn't even two days old and people are barely out of the shitposting phase". That's an absolutely unreasonable expectation to pin on somebody. I don't like it. Not one bit.

Vote: Soneji
It's actually that I expect town to give their thoughts on gut feelings without the need to add that it could be the opposite, even though you "don't buy it". Do I think my top town reads right now could end up flipping scum? Most definitely. Do I feel the need to state that when giving my reasons for why they're my top town? Not at all.

There are also levels to hedging, in which it's the way in which one goes about giving two sides of the coin, as well as the timing and tone. I have in other games I have played correctly scum read hedginess in someones posts d1, while correctly townreading someone else who had some amount of hedginess in their posts as well.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually that I expect town to give their thoughts on gut feelings without the need to add that it could be the opposite, even though you "don't buy it". Do I think my top town reads right now could end up flipping scum? Most definitely. Do I feel the need to state that when giving my reasons for why they're my top town? Not at all.

There are also levels to hedging, in which it's the way in which one goes about giving two sides of the coin, as well as the timing and tone. I have in other games I have played correctly scum read hedginess in someones posts d1, while correctly townreading someone else who had some amount of hedginess in their posts as well.
i thought you weren't going to bother arguing with semantics because it wasn't important

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i thought you weren't going to bother arguing with semantics because it wasn't important
The semantics I'm not arguing is on "definitive", and I'm not going to sit here and not correct you when you are presenting a very black and white viewpoint that goes against what I actually stand for. It's really that in this early stage, where all we have to go on is gut feelings, that people should be less hand-wringing over their thoughts on people's posts.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The semantics I'm not arguing is on "definitive", and I'm not going to sit here and not correct you when you are presenting a very black and white viewpoint that goes against what I actually stand for. It's really that in this early stage, where all we have to go on is gut feelings, that people should be less hand-wringing over their thoughts on people's posts.

So I guess you subscribe to "The Author is Dead" then, eh?

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
turmoil is town lean for me, considering how often he's been a day 1 lunch I think it's unlikely he plays as 'out there' if he's scum

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I have in general bee surprised by the quietness. Kalor and LP don't talk much and Soneji didn't talk much during his game either... but Kopite I would expect to be around you know?

So as a result, Vote: Kopite What do you think of the game so far? Who are you voting for? What is your favorite type of desert? Who are you not voting for sure?
Why do you expect that? I'm usually a medium-low activity poster especially on D1. I am sick right now though which doesn't help 😭

Lots of shitposting, don't know yet, ice cream and Fanto(maybe Kits)

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so...

Scum list:

Rac
Fran
Wee

Neutral: Uhh... LP cause why the fuck not.

rest are town.

You're welcome
3 and 1 neutral in a 20 players game? Seems low.
urgh, fine

Scum list:

Rac
Fran
Wee
CS

Neutral: Uhh... LP cause why the fuck not.

rest are town.

You're welcome

fixed it ^ and that's my final answer.

*hmph*
The number's are what you first care about here, not the reasoning? Not why he has you there?
Doesn't mean he can't have some level of reasoning behind them. Calling it a shitpost when you're also there and have made some semi-serious posts is a bit sketchy

What's off about the number of scum? There's likely 4-5 scum in a game of this size, and if he's shitposting or even if he's not why would he care to match that number? I'd be more worried if he did, as that would mean he's consciously thinking about needing to rather than just listing off people he got a feel for without concerns of meeting a set number.
He made a list. (thats something)
He did not include everyone, only those that he felt are right to be mentioned ( thats something )

yet here we are.
you complained that we are still in the joke phase
Stu creates a list in order to open up and put his thoughts out in the open and then you complain about that aswell ?
Not sure what you want. But whatever it is, decide on it.
I do remember this exchange about Stu's read list earlier sticking out to me, I read it at work but didn't grab it when I got home to comment.

Stu gave the read list unprompted. Fran assumes he grabbed the names at random, but Stu never clarified whether he was serious about those reads or not. Fran instead starts asking about the numbers, and Soneji kind of homed in on that. I definitely agree that it's weird to just call it a shitpost, and Fran's explanation of saying he can't talk about the players because Stu gave no reasoning? I literally just talked about every player he had down as Scum, I gave my own thoughts and asked Stu and the room for theirs.

Strange.

Detective Fantomas making a interesting observation
I did take the LP read as probably a joke, he had like one post at the time maybe.

Fair on the second part I guess, I took as you saying you couldn't comment on them because Stu gave no reasoning, but I probably read it wrong.

Stu just said he's going to sleep, it is pretty late over there, I honestly didn't even expect him to reply right now. I said I was going to reread you and Wee since both of you have been less on the jokey side of things, and then I remembered that exchange sticking out to me and that I agreed with Soneji while reading it, that it felt sketchy to dismiss it as a shitpost.
it was aimed at me, Fran seems to be reading into shit way to much to try to earn town credit
Detective Fanto did some gud muckracking in day 1

Unvote
[highlight[Vote: Fran [/highlight]

Scum list goes: Fran, Absolutbro, Stu
If I were in a scum role I, too, would distance myself from commotion
Sparks as town: I have no idea what's happening WTF is happening

Sparks as scum: um yasss pls destroy each other whilst I plan the NK

Guess what was going through my mind before I read detective fanto's post on Fran?
lot of noise but can't really push conversation to something with more substance cause it's day one and there is really nothing to go on. Fran reaction to stu and fanto/son pressuring Fran on it is interesting. I found Fran's reaction weird as well but atm just chalking it up to day 1 hunting. Kits/ fanto seems to be a miscommunication more than anything.
——————

*truffleshuffle*
Something 2 others did prior to him.
Please pay attention

Stu's reads list could have been a joke, and further posts make it come off that way, but that wasn't the main basis behind my suspicion. It was that with just that one post you assumed it had to be a joke rather than trying to figure if it had any basis, and in asking about the numbers you treated it as if it wasn't a joke. A joke reads list has no need to adhere to putting a proper amount of scum in, nor does a serious one for that matter. So why did your mind turn to the thought : there is not enough scum listed here to match the ratio that this game should have?
Stu's dodging of giving a statement about his reads list itself is somewhat suspect, if it is just a joke reads list why not clarify this for those who care about that? I didn't write it off as a joke initially as I can see reasons why someone would suspect Fran(giving town activities that he didn't use to make any reads) and rac(policy lynch talk).

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to reply to some things and hit reply before writting.

Expect a long post in the near future.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Also good morning folks!

The read list did exactly what I want it to.

Generated some discussion though I admit, I was pleasantly surprised when it caused an exchange quite soon after between Fran and Soneji.

And it continues to generate some discussion which again is good considering how much shit posting is being done today.

Now these exchanges may or may not be useful today. You decide.

But it does mean there is something to look back on in D1 besides shit posting.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This is a weird day 1. For now at least, a whole chunk of the day feels more useless for actual scum hunting than usual. Though that's starting to shift now.

As for my first vote of my definitely accurate reads that are 100% nuanced and grounded.

Vote: absolutbro

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
For that post about reaching the post count. It's dependent on how he chooses to spend the rest of his posts this phase, which is why he's with you as being a lesser suspect.

tbf, that's just a joke about how he is a lesser poster only making enough posts to reach the min.

but alright, fair enough then.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably won't be around for EoD unless I actually wake up at a reasonable time, so good luck o7