• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
you floated the idea that we were masons, and that would make sense, but you play the hand you get dealt...

if you're insinuating we're just regular town, then lol. i am flattered you think i'm that gutsy

The issue with that is I don't think you two are actually communicating outside of thread. Also, you are that gutsy, I'm just not sure Sparks actually ass pulled the one person who would go along with this.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
are you roleclaiming right now?

Not even remotely.

Also I have no current interest in lynching either of you. Maybe you are actual lovers or whatever but it's hardly a convincing performance. But as Sorian just mentioned, it's hard to see Sparks picking the one who'd actually go along with it.

Oct 26, 2017
I think you are doing a horrible job at over explaining a point you made that you didn't think anyone would follow up on. It very easy to say "I think there was scum in that mislynch!" But you are tripping over yourself having made that comment without actually following through on the logic ahead of time. And now you either aren't actually seeing scum or you are trying not to out someone
Ah. Well. That's what I do. I explain. But I'll agree on that point that I didn't think anyone would follow up on asking me for a scum read based on a post that had no scum reading going on.

Alright. But even if I concede that point, are you really not going to address the rest of my argument, which is where the real accusation is? :/
I didn't plan on it. I think you represented my thoughts well in the rest of your post. Day 1 reads are huge lobs in the dark made of mostly BS and wishful thinking. Wee had a simple, but very good point. She's leveled accusations against Turmoil. Turmoil didn't really respond. His silence went on, and on, and on...the finally hit a breaking point where Turmoil came in and made a single, tiny post. It wasn't enough. I can see why you would come to conclusion I'm scummy. What you're really seeing is a player floundering on day 1 with no good reads, mixed with partly fluff posts because I felt bad staring at my screen with nothing to say.

I finally went and collected those wibbly looking posts that bothered me. Here they are in chronological order because cut and paste is hard on semi mobile. They all look insincere to one degree or another.
My post about Turmoil, real life, and hoping he was okay, was legitimate. I really should have put it in spoiler text or something because it sucks some folks are focusing on it like it was about me or the game. It wasn't. Why would someone sign up to play a game, then pretty much not play the game? It really did make me a little nervous.

VA, just spend more time making scum reads and less time defending your posts that aren't hunting. Put a vote down and leave it. There doesn't have to be an ironclad reason to do it.
Roger, roger. Putting on my scum hunting boots now.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey. It's been a complicated day, but things should be back to normal from tomorrow. Gonna catch up now.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
The issue with that is I don't think you two are actually communicating outside of thread. Also, you are that gutsy, I'm just not sure Sparks actually ass pulled the one person who would go along with this.

Let me put it this way - would a yes or no to the bolded change your opinion of how we're doing? Probably not.

At the very least, Sparky and I can confirm each other as Town. Communicating outside the thread is obviously a useful thing to do, but we're not exactly pressed to coordinate for any reason. At the very least we don't have to antagonize each other. It doesn't matter a lot right now but it could mean a lot later. I would prefer we live.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
For what it's worth, my PM is not explicitly clear about whether Sparky is Town. But it could just go without saying?

If you really want to vote Sparky out, my assigned Lover, just to look for monsters under this rock that we can 99% safely assume is just a rock, then consider me the hardest person to convince to vote that way with you.

But if you have a good argument, I'd love to hear it.
At the very least, Sparky and I can confirm each other as Town.

Ehm...

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And to your direct question to me, no, I think you're both doing poorly regardless of outside communication or not.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
You do see my point though, right? You are going after VA for flip flopping a bit on whether they wanted Turmoil to be lynched or not. Yet you never ever state a position on Turmoil.
No, I don't, because "your point" is such a non-sequitur that I didn't actually think you were making one.

I'm not going after VA for "flip-flopping a bit on whether they wanted turmoil to be lynched or not", but because they spent D1 entirely concerned about how he would look after lynching someone who scum knew was town. You can read my argument again.

I did state my position on turmoil more than once, as I just told you.

And if you thought Turmoil wasn't a good lynch why did you switch off of kalor and onto wee immediately after Turmoil put Kalor 2nd in the voting?
turmoil had 8 votes against 3 on the biggest opposition lynch train when I voted for wee.

C'mon, Faddy.

I'll put this to you but really I have been desperate to post this all day but it is self centred.

There is absolutely no way I kill Fantomas as mafia. Think back to the disaster that was Brexit. Me and Sophia had Fanto more or less as our biggest ally then we killed him and it went to hell. Fanto and I were pretty aligned in this game and I am not going to recreate failed strategies.
This is completely meaningless.

I didn't plan on it. I think you represented my thoughts well in the rest of your post. Day 1 reads are huge lobs in the dark made of mostly BS and wishful thinking. Wee had a simple, but very good point. She's leveled accusations against Turmoil. Turmoil didn't really respond. His silence went on, and on, and on...the finally hit a breaking point where Turmoil came in and made a single, tiny post. It wasn't enough. I can see why you would come to conclusion I'm scummy. What you're really seeing is a player floundering on day 1 with no good reads, mixed with partly fluff posts because I felt bad staring at my screen with nothing to say.
My main point against you isn't merely that you followed wee. I brought that up as a way to show how in that one post, as in others, you seemed to be preemptively defending yourself for your movement before any accusations had even been thrown at you. I don't think you tried to come up with your own reads - I think you were too concerned with how you would look if you voted for X or Y.

Uh

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
saenima: Asking lots of questions but not giving any answers themselves, general worries about their posts this game, would appreciate if someone more influential than me had a look through their posts to see if I'm on to something

Every damn game man. I'm starting to think you don't love me :(

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I was also gonna say... lovers don't typically have a private chat. Sometimes they do, but it's not in the base role.

You seemed to have a different opinion on day 1.

I'm mostly curious to hear people make a case for it. I am curious to see people throw some votes behind the idea. I don't have to agree with people to encourage them to put up or shut up.

This Sparky/Rover thing is clearly shaping up to be one of those things that everyone ends up regretting somehow when the game ends.

Put this on a shirt please

Oct 26, 2017
This Sparky/Rover thing is clearly shaping up to be one of those things that everyone ends up regretting somehow when the game ends.
I had this same question my last game: is it ever acceptable to kill someone out of pure curiosity? Because I wouldn't mind seeing if they are bullshitting about their roles or not...

Every damn game man. I'm starting to think you don't love me :(
Just don't claim Doctor and you'll be safe.

my offer to vote wee is still on the table btw
I'm having a hard time see Wee as scum at the moment. She's put a lot of effort into actual scum hunting and prodding discussion along.

Oct 27, 2017
I had this same question my last game: is it ever acceptable to kill someone out of pure curiosity? Because I wouldn't mind seeing if they are bullshitting about their roles or not...

I'm having a hard time see Wee as scum at the moment. She's put a lot of effort into actual scum hunting and prodding discussion along.

WEE SCUM HUNTING?

WAT?

explain this

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You mean, why did I disappear from the thread? My spouse got home from work and we were hanging out talking about randomly discovering secret passages in other people's homes. Yes, out of us, I'm the sane/normal one. Be glad you don't have to see me outside the thread.

Or if you meant where am I game wise, I gave a ton of reads and have a vote in, so.....if that's what you mean, you can't be reading this at all.
That was a very cruel thing to say!!

Well done, well done.

Oct 27, 2017
You mean, why did I disappear from the thread? My spouse got home from work and we were hanging out talking about randomly discovering secret passages in other people's homes. Yes, out of us, I'm the sane/normal one. Be glad you don't have to see me outside the thread.

Or if you meant where am I game wise, I gave a ton of reads and have a vote in, so.....if that's what you mean, you can't be reading this at all.

Is this a breadcrumb?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All caught up. Gotta reread some peeps to make sense of them, but i'm at work now so i'm gonna take my sweet ass time.

I'll just put this here for now. Voting either Rover or Sparky is looking more appealing by the day. Maybe some pressure will explain what all that nonsense is. I think it's becomining clear that claim is complete bullshit and i wanna know why. I also want to know why is Sparky suddenly town when Rover didn't know before. Or why they didn't tell us if the claim was agreed upon until near EOD. Or why they don't give out reads on each other except for this readflip today.

Most of their posts feel like flashbangs, with nothing in them to actually help town.

Oct 27, 2017
All caught up. Gotta reread some peeps to make sense of them, but i'm at work now so i'm gonna take my sweet ass time.

I'll just put this here for now. Voting either Rover or Sparky is looking more appealing by the day. Maybe some pressure will explain what all that nonsense is. I think it's becomining clear that claim is complete bullshit and i wanna know why. I also want to know why is Sparky suddenly town when Rover didn't know before. Or why they didn't tell us if the claim was agreed upon until near EOD. Or why they don't give out reads on each other except for this readflip today.

Most of their posts feel like flashbangs, with nothing in them to actually help town.

Rover why can't I see shit?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
also does giving another player's read as your read, count as a read? i don't think it does

Good point. Sorian does seem to be more snarky than helpful to town. I wouldn't vote for him today though.

I'll put this to you but really I have been desperate to post this all day but it is self centred.

There is absolutely no way I kill Fantomas as mafia. Think back to the disaster that was Brexit. Me and Sophia had Fanto more or less as our biggest ally then we killed him and it went to hell. Fanto and I were pretty aligned in this game and I am not going to recreate failed strategies.

Bit of an odd post.

Weird defense.

Somehow worse than that entrance post where you quoted the person you replaced.

Yep, it wasn't a read that needed to be defended.

Plus I replaced in when scum was a total tire fire so I won't claim to be an expert on scum Faddy.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just put this here for now. Voting either Rover or Sparky is looking more appealing by the day. Maybe some pressure will explain what all that nonsense is.

Who would you vote between us?

I think it's becomining clear that claim is complete bullshit and i wanna know why. I also want to know why is Sparky suddenly town when Rover didn't know before.

Because I'm not interested in doubting that lovers are both town aligned in this game. It's a fruitless endeavor to chase, especially at this point. Even so, I put it out there that "the role PM doesn't say" because I was curious about who might take that bait.

Or why they didn't tell us if the claim was agreed upon until near EOD. Or why they don't give out reads on each other except for this readflip today.

Alright, put yourself in my shoes. You roll Lovers at the start of the game. The game gets started and the lover chat hasn't moved much.

Unexpectedly, your partner soon claims Lovers and names you. Fair enough, you think, it's his game to play, too. But what can you do?

If you deny it, your lover risks considerable pressure to spin out of an apparent "lie", and if they are voted out, you also die.

If you explain that the thing was not planned, you open yourself to losing a lot of credibility as the OMGUS floodgates open.

Did I navigate chaos the best way possible? Nah, of course not. But if I can hold off on us getting killed it is probably a good thing for town.

Also, I generally don't give reads.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow i get the feeling that if Sorian is mafia, so is LP and probably Rover....but not sparks. Would expect maybe edge and kalor instead.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I *truffleshuffle* more than 5x in a day phase, I'm scum.

Maybe not that 2nd quote from chuggs 🤔

*truffleshuffle*

There is no pearl clutching.
I wasn't upset.
I just didn't like how she reacted.
And it's early day 2.

*truffleshuffle*

I was against ppl wasting time trying to figure out how many kills there are possible in the game and how long it would've taken for fanto to win. Go to post 1124 for the posts I meant.

It seems like a couple of those players involved in that filler discussion haven't attempted much else after I killed the discussion.

Sorta wifom wonder where you are goin wit...........

O nvm I see what your doing. Won't fall for that.

*truffleshuffle*

Well that's one down.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still kind of afk but let's not fall for the stupid bait please. We aren't lynching either of them, move on for now and don't let Rover drag you into his hole. Town lies too, it's fine.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still kind of afk but let's not fall for the stupid bait please. We aren't lynching either of them, move on for now and don't let Rover drag you into his hole. Town lies too, it's fine.

latest

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

TheWorthyEdge (1 votes)
Sorian - #1,267

Vincent Alexander (1 votes)
Brazil - #1,308

Brazil (1 votes)
Faddy - #1,205

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #1,349

Kalor (1 votes)
Sorian - #1,167 #1,168
TheChuggernaut - #1,254

weemadarthur (1 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #1,145

Sorian (1 votes)
Rover - #1,165
Sorian - #1,168 #1,169

Kopite (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #1,140 #1,349
Kalor - #1,245

Rover (0 votes)
Sorian - #1,166 #1,167

Not voting: Vincent Alexander, Comrade Doggo Sparky, Ty4on, Olinad, Aeleus, AbsolutBro, TheWorthyEdge, Girlofgotham, Lone_Prodigy, saenima, Kopite

Post Counts:
Sorian: 71 EzekelRAGE: 49 Comrade Doggo Sparky: 41 Rover: 38 weemadarthur: 32 Faddy: 28 Olinad: 25 Vincent Alexander: 19 TheChuggernaut: 19 Girlofgotham: 14 saenima: 14 Kalor: 10 Brazil: 10 Lone_Prodigy: 9 Ty4on: 7 AbsolutBro: 6 Kopite: 6 Aeleus: 4

Current Countdown:
qnqze8qkx3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Aight, sorry I've been out of it. Here are my reads on important people(?)

Sparky/Rover: I do not buy the lovers thing in the slightest though I do think that they may be linked and one of them is scum.
Weem: I don't like the way in which they're trying to lead, especially yesterday.
Faddy: Don't like the way they were playing around with the D1 post of the replaced person
Chuggernaut/Brazil: I could see that D1 kerfluffle being scum play

Those are my reads right now, gonna go look at some more. Busy week.