Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Y49QO06y6nPYNtgSSy99mPM8woJl7dtaEKK4TJUezH2hXpxDHs8BVXtE8Msz1AWxYpUttBnmEvCLyts1FWkzuqVsLKKMUSX35lHgjjtLqaDC1fgwPQ=w480-h230

I'm feeling it
His inner monologue when he came to the younglings and ignited his saber.

Feb 5, 2018
That makes sense, but presumably most people here are American so a Tuesday announcement would be for a Wednesday Direct.

I just don't get where all the '16th' predictions are coming from tbh; the 15th seems a lot more likely if it's going to be announced this week.

It can be a lot of things.

The direct can be announced tomorrow for Wed or Thurs, or it can be announced Wednesday for Thursday.

Hell, it could be announced Today for the next 3 days but Im banking on Tmrw for Thursday

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
That makes sense, but presumably most people here are American so a Tuesday announcement would be for a Wednesday Direct.

I just don't get where all the '16th' predictions are coming from tbh; the 15th seems a lot more likely if it's going to be announced this week.
Because Capcom said stay tuned for new info for their Switch port of DMC3 on the 16th and there is a demo for a new IP from Konami releasing on the 16th that looks like is also coming to Switch. And Nintendo seems to be alternating days for directs each year. The Pokemon direct was on a Thursday this year. All directs except E3 was on a Wednesday last year, year before that every direct except E3 again was on Thursday. Year before that all directs were on a Wednesday.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pack it up. No Direct until February. They will tweet the "Joker in TMS" news at some point today and that will kill the dream.

Plum

May 31, 2018
It can be a lot of things.

The direct can be announced tomorrow for Wed or Thurs, or it can be announced Wednesday for Thursday.

Hell, it could be announced Today for the next 3 days but Im banking on Tmrw for Thursday

I don't know; looking back at all the Twitter announcements from last year they were on the Tuesday for release on Wednesday. I personally can't remember a Direct that wasn't announced 32 hours beforehand, but I might be wrong there of course.

Because Capcom said stay tuned for new info for their Switch port of DMC3 on the 16th and there is a demo for a new IP from Konami releasing on the 16th that looks like is also coming to Switch. And Nintendo seems to be alternating days for directs each year. The Pokemon direct was on a Thursday this year. All directs except E3 was on a Wednesday last year, year before that every direct except E3 again was on Thursday. Year before that all directs were on a Wednesday.

Oh yeah, forgot about that DMC3 stuff. Don't know about the alternating stuff since I don't really believe in 'patterns' when it comes to Nintendo, but that DMC3 evidence and the Konami thing are good reasons.

Feb 5, 2018
I don't know; looking back at all the Twitter announcements from last year they were on the Tuesday for release on Wednesday. I personally can't remember a Direct that wasn't announced 32 hours beforehand, but I might be wrong there of course.

Oh yeah, forgot about that DMC3 stuff. Don't know about the alternating stuff since I don't really believe in 'patterns' when it comes to Nintendo, but that DMC3 evidence and the Konami thing are good reasons.

Its possible i was thinking of smash and pokemon directs being announced about 48 hours beforehand only.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is moving too quickly for me, and I was one of the top posters of the infamous January 2018 thread.

Plum

May 31, 2018
If it's Thursday then it'll be announced Wednesday.

Honestly I'm on Team 16th right now if it's going to be this week. It just wouldn't really make sense to have two directs in the same 7 day period.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I like it when threads get derailed into absolute insanity like the Death Stranding and God of War review theads, or the last Direct thread lmao

Plum

May 31, 2018
Why is anybody expecting today. If it's happening this week, it'll be announced tomorrow for Thursday.

It won't; no general Directs in the past two years have been announced more than 32 hours beforehand. It's only game-specific ones that have a longer announcement-to-release period.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I forget, was last year a Wednesday year or a Thursday year? They switch off which day they do general Directs each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.