Status
Not open for further replies.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Not seeing any great deals on my wishlist for this Steam sale, but I really like the animated profile with the clouds, hopefully I can get enough free tokens to nab it.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
And Nier Automata receives no discount once again. Ugh.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That expiring cosmetic stuff are so pathetic, didn't like it in the past year's lunar sale either
Edit: Not the item themselves, the fact they are expiring

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I swear Hades and me buying it is just a forever unfurling saga. Is there a way to contact steam support and change payment method?

I don't want to refund the game again and get in trouble for perceived abuse.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Really annoying, I also REALLY REALLY wanted the clouds. Hopefully they backtrack, as they did during the winter sale with the stickers.
They've done quite a few of these profile themes now and they've all been temporary. I'd love them to be permanent but there's already a precedent set for them to be temp at this point.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
oh, nice, the wishlist got upgraded.

A couple of Russian games I recently added to my wishlist are 85%+ percent off.
Maybe I'll grab those, along with Broken Spell.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Be careful, it has an expiration date. I also like it a lot but...

No. Read better.

234d90dcd21858f49821ffd773354c676c15913f.png

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
They've done quite a few of these profile themes now and they've all been temporary. I'd love them to be permanent but there's already a precedent set for them to be temp at this point.
The "Animated Profile Background" and the "Animated Mini-Profile Background" are new for Steam. The golden (The Lunar New Year Profile) was the one that was timed before, with the other background being forever. I just want the clouds mini-profile.

unknown.png

Sure? I know the stickers are forever...

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The "Animated Profile Background" and the "Animated Mini-Profile Background" are new for Steam. The golden (The Lunar New Year Profile) was the one that was timed before, with the other background being forever. I just want the clouds mini-profile.

unknown.png

Sure? I know the stickers are forever...

My bad. I thought you were writing about the animated rat in a blanket.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
What's your history with buying Hades?

Alright so back during the Christmas sale I bought a few games enough to get a coupon. One of them was a gift for someone else (Planet Zoo) but their PC couldn't likely run it and I got them something else.

However I used the coupon in a transaction that included Gorn and Hades (and the free copy of Pyre)- so when it refunded I lost all three games. I didn't care too much about Gorn but I did want to keep Hades and Pyre.

Instead of the balance going back to my card it went to a steam balance. So I sucked it up at the time and bought Hades - which had gone off sale at that point. But nary a week or two later it's on sale again.

So yesterday I checked my hour played and was below the two hours and figured I'd refund and rebuy as I was also picking up Pyre and I hadn't put too much time into either game, I saw it as a way to recoup a little bit of my (pretty minor loss).

But the refund was taking forever to go through and I thought the sale was supposed to end today according to the countdown - so I went ahead and got it with my card again instead like two hours ago - but I wasn't aware the lunar sale was happening and I wasn't aware that Hades would stay on sale for another three days.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see Sekiro for $38.99 and it's the worst because it's Activision controlling pricing, but whatever

Should I do it, for my birthday?

Absolutely you won't regret it.

Also finally Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro on sale!!!!I have been waiting for them since i build a PC and regretted not getting them at Christmas.Can't wait for 60fps it's gonna be good

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
He "harassed them without evidence"? Dont make shit up dude. He made accusations and its fine for people to believe who they want to, but he didnt harass anyone in those tweets.
He named them and they're being harassed thanks to it.

EDIT: and those he named makes no sense either, since most had little to zero interaction with him

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
Why do I want to always buy competitive shooters that I wont be good at and have such a high skill ceiling?

Insurgency Sandstorm looks cool and I liked Insurgency, but I know the playerbase is small.

Rainbow Six Siege seems fun, but I hear the community is god awful and it seems like a LOT to learn.

Also, hows Vermintide 2? It always seemed neat.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing Subnautica Below Zero and it really drives home that the original game captured lightning in a bottle. The sequel is more narrative driven and has a lot of needless tedium (though I've heard they're completely redoing the script so maybe some of it will be better as it goes). My biggest complaint is with a biome called the glacial basin. A huge overland biome that combines vast open spaces with twisty confusing caves. Your character runs very slowly so traversing this biome is a nightmare of annoyance. They "help" you by letting you build a vehicle called a Snow Fox, a hover bike that handles tight spaces terribly. And trying to use it in the open spaces.... well I won't spoil that bit but I'll just say it makes trying to use the Snow Fox impractical. Someone said that at some point the basin was flooded and most of the caves and such were underwater which I think would be a huge improvement over running the whole time. At least there are new things to build and beautiful flora and fauna. Honestly at this point if you were interested, I'd just play in exploration mode and don't bother with the story unless/until it has been redone.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.