• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
if someone on scum team did that, that would mean they switched themselves with neki
Yes, it would. Theoretically a town switcher could switch any person with neki, but if so, they should also have spoken up when red check was called.
how does that work?
if ATP -> neki and ATP was redirected to a scum teammate, would ATP know they were redirected to another player?
No, not unless it was a really damn weird redirect. The point of those is to secretively screw over other power roles.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
both of those scenarios would depend on
1) scum knowing ATP has a targetable role
2) letting ATP perform whatever action on them

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
both of those scenarios would depend on
1) scum knowing ATP has a targetable role
2) letting ATP perform whatever action on them
Well, redirects don't usually get TOLD who has an active role, you just gotta guess and hope.

And unless there's a night vig most town actions going onto a scum isn't too bad an issue.

But it's less likely either way than "red check true".

Oct 26, 2017
UK
AmbitiousChubbyBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

If I'm wrong vote me out tomorrow...

You won't.

tumblr_ptghdp3MrC1y1lcqlo6_r1_500.gifv

tumblr_ptghdp3MrC1y1lcqlo10_r1_500.gifv

And a message to my crew..

(HiFiGIF.cc)_s05e02-32-32-sisko-your-orders-are-to-stay-alive-small.gif

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== FINAL DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Neki (9 votes)
FateShirou - #879
BoJack Horseman - #992
AllThingsPurple - #1,156
A WIld Ambulance Appears - #1,159
Zippedpinhead - #1,170
Anexanhume - #1,171
Lone_Prodigy - #1,189
Ephidel - #1,192
HPSauce - #1,207

HPSauce (3 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #876 #1,156
Leo - #899
weemadarthur - #1,019
Royal_Flush - #1,147

Ephidel (2 votes)
jman1954goat - #1,010
Anexanhume - #1,155 #1,171
Neki - #1,184

Blargonaut (0 votes)
Ephidel - #983 #1,192
A WIld Ambulance Appears - #1,104 #1,159
Zippedpinhead - #1,128 #1,170

Anexanhume (0 votes)
A WIld Ambulance Appears - #912 #1,104

Not voting: malus, Yuta, Blargonaut

Post Counts:
Neki: 73 AllThingsPurple: 65 FateShirou: 53 weemadarthur: 32 Zippedpinhead: 31 jman1954goat: 29 Anexanhume: 28 HPSauce: 24 Ephidel: 18 Lone_Prodigy: 18 BoJack Horseman: 18 Leo: 14 A WIld Ambulance Appears: 9 Blargonaut: 7 Royal_Flush: 5 malus: 5 Yuta: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 2 End
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Neki has died!

iz5rHae.gif

Welcome to Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia!

You are Lieutenant Reginald Barclay, the Stubborn Voter, and are aligned with the Federation (Town).

As a holodeck enthusiast, you don't have much time to worry about who you want to vote for, so you make your decisions ahead of time so you can be free to enjoy yourself during the day how you'd like.

Each night, you must submit the command Stubborn Vote: Player Name. If you don't submit the command, a target will be chosen randomly for you.

The next day, you may only either vote for your target, or no one at all. If your target dies or your ability fails in some way, you will be unable to vote for anyone the following day.

These restrictions do not apply to Day 1.

If you disobey these restrictions, you will be MODKILLED.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ficer-is-to-the-truth-except-in-mafia.488278/

You will win the game when all threats to the Federation have been eliminated.

NIGHT 2 BEGINS

Night actions are due 2 hours before day start.

Day 3 will begin in:
1qng4p5nlj

Day 3 Start
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Leo has died!

KgCFnvY.gif

Welcome to Star Trek: The Next Generation Mafia!

You are Lieutenant Worf, the Loved, and are aligned with the Federation (Town).

As the head of security aboard the Enterprise, and a Klingon warrior, you're rather tough for your other crew members to push around. Also, who doesn't love Worf?

You require one extra vote to be eliminated by majority during the day.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/st...ficer-is-to-the-truth-except-in-mafia.488278/

You will win the game when all threats to the Federation have been eliminated.

DAY 3 BEGINS

Vote Tool:

Majority is 8

Day 3 will end in:

ecwbjpurm8

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone, I have read the entire thread and taken some notes, I am putting together a reads list right now. I'll post it when I can.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think ATP was a "regular" hunter because he would've won. This game isn't bastard so there's no lying about conditions. The vote tool says he's still alive.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't he have won then though rather than just leaving?
And at that, wouldn't ATP have won at the end of the previous day phase? As opposed to being removed at end of night actions.

It makes me think that someone who targeted ATP may have done this. But the text "left the game" is so odd, Not that ATP won, not that ATP died, that he left the game.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Is there a role that has an effective timeout or similar?

If mafia somehow altered Neki based on D1 activities, then that was a hell of a play to fool us into voting him out.

Unless he was Mafia but can appear Town on death?

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a role that has an effective timeout or similar?

If mafia somehow altered Neki based on D1 activities, then that was a hell of a play to fool us into voting him out.

I would say these type of janitor, or role flip changer is the product of a bastard game, and this game isn't a bastard game.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017

If it was bastard yes.
As it's role madness, probably not.

Besides, ATP's technically-after-day-end post pretty much screamed "I'm bullshitting and I'd do it again" anyway ;)

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, unless someone comes forward, I will continue on the assumption that ATP is the cop that got a fake red somehow, and town is now in further trouble without him.

Neki flipping town puts some people back into the spotlight, that's for sure.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
OK with Neki flipping town, we need people to understand something,

Night 1, if you are town and swapped Neki for any other player, YOU HAVE A RED CHECK NOW!

Anyways,

Leo is an interesting target, am I mistaken in assuming that Leo was largely town read, and not in any sort of contention?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
In less than 10 minutes you went from this

Welp.

So ATP was likely a hunter, since Neki flipped town and he left the game.

Since he could come back and isn't dead, it could be a scum ability to put someone in stasis for a day or two.

To this ?
Anyway, unless someone comes forward, I will continue on the assumption that ATP is the cop that got a fake red somehow, and town is now in further trouble without him.

Neki flipping town puts some people back into the spotlight, that's for sure.
Vote:LP