• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
im a magician, i turn money im suppose to be saving up into booze

im a modern day jesus

Oct 25, 2017
Eh might as well put my vote where im feeling.

Vote:Reki

i always figured chugger"naut" meant you chugged down the entire ocean

1. Have any other thoughts on Reki besides the one post? Just wanting to see if you have anything else there.

2. Nah, I somehow got the name Juggernaut in school and I was also known for chugging things very fast so I just combined the two

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
1. Have any other thoughts on Reki besides the one post? Just wanting to see if you have anything else there.

2. Nah, I somehow got the name Juggernaut in school and I was also known for chugging things very fast so I just combined the two
1. Oh it wasnt based on the one thing, thats just what really stuck out to me.
I got simmilarly...i dunno, Performative? vibes from Rekis posts, at least the ones i remember.

2. Making your name based on a silly pun, you should be ashamed.

Oct 25, 2017
1. Oh it wasnt based on the one thing, thats just what really stuck out to me.
I got simmilarly...i dunno, Performative? vibes from Rekis posts, at least the ones i remember.

Yeah, I can see those two. I don't think Reki is a bad option. I'm probably going to stick on Faddy for now, but I might move over there later. It's honestly made me second guess my Faddy push a bit because that post had very strong "I know how Faddy's going to flip" energy with the whole defense but not really a defense thing

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
chugg bankrupt blarg just so i could post more fake pop tarts during Night 1

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
YOU KNOW WHAT THE PS1 DIDNT HAVE

s-l500.jpg

FUCK YEAH, SPLITSCREEN MULTIPLAYER STARCRAFT 1

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Even *I* don't want to talk all night, and you had to do it d1 so the most possible people will be alive.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be one of those EoD's were everyone just puts a vote down for someone at the last second and we end up killing someone we shouldn't isn't it
isn't this still a given. we always do something dumb at day end and create more chaos than need be.

i also say this knowing full well i havent voted yet so i am part of the problem

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Night talk boo. A tiny bit sus for not just keeping it and tanking the supposed steal with it. Could've also used it as a bait for scum ooo you must kill me, I have the fearsome N64! Meh, likely nothing.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Every game I've seen Hawthorn play in she's had me totally fooled so I may be way off base here, but from what I remember of scum!Hawthorn her votes normally have more justifications and arguments baked in than the one she currently has on Faddy.

Oct 25, 2017
Night talk boo. A tiny bit sus for not just keeping it and tanking the supposed steal with it. Could've also used it as a bait for scum ooo you must kill me, I have the fearsome N64! Meh, likely nothing.

1. Yeah, probably could have baited the item steal, but it'll most likely happen at some point so whatever.

2. I do not want to die on night 1 again.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I'd like to see Jman do something else than just talk about mechanics. RE: Dice, advice good, don't like how he pushes for it because I think people should be responsible for their own actions. Then again the line between advice and control is thin so I might be overreacting here. I read more, I am not overreacting I think, I don't like the open dice target talk. That's a lot of unnecessary information out there.

Not sure about Zipped yet, I need to see more.

I need to reread Hawthorn again. I have this thought in my mind that I wouldn't mind voting there but all I remember is that she pulled the woe is me. Need to check if the other common points of concern are there as well.

Still would bet that Pancakes is town. wee as well.

ATP feels like someone who I could achieve a read on if I went back and read things again, I should do that too.

Maol had the best dank read 420. rac's ok I guess, for sure it is too early to call his alignment but I fail to see how we'd lynch him today over some other folks.

1. Yeah, probably could have baited the item steal, but it'll most likely happen at some point so whatever.

2. I do not want to die on night 1 again.

I wouldn't pay much attention to it before D3-D4 at least. You are correct about the items. Doesn't solve the pooling issue though but is there a way around it apart from passivity?

and I still can't shake this weird feeling about Chugg receiving all these Pop-Tart votes for not a lot of good reasons. I don't understand how money and the promise of an item we don't know anything about is making Chugg Town, or how it makes him the top person worth protecting.

I remember me and Launch explaining our votes for Chuggs: we both thought that there was more there than just his role (a minor thing at best) and I at least did not care about the item at all when voting him. Looking at the others; Neeks found a better (a worse imo) protective target in Jman, Blarg can do whatever he wants and I don't remember if Fat ever explained his pick. If you find the votes suspicious, why aren't you looking at the last two at least?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
The Crimes of Hawthorn, a detective short story:

- Her bet with nin is a bit sus. Why pick a oddball like nin, I know she says it was random but why pick randomly if the idea was to test the bets. If the idea was to test the bets, why pick a bet that would get resolved 48h later.
- (damn you A, doing your work here) I don't mind her question about the Dice.
- Woe is me, need to look if she actually does the work to support this expressed agony. She does not.
- The work is quite lacking indeed.

The final point stings but I am not fully on board. Certainly there's a better candidate out there.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Faddy (4 votes)
Hawthorn - #119
TheChuggernaut - #711
jman1954goat - #770
Vincent Alexander - #1,215
turmoil7 - #1,245 #1,258

Hawthorn (3 votes)
MrHedin - #269
Maolfunction - #901
Funky Dude Sparks - #905

Blargonaut (2 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #324
Blargonaut - #1,133 #1,140
Blargonaut - #1,140 #1,141
turmoil7 - #1,258

Aeleus (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #164

jman1954goat (1 votes)
Kyanrute - #593

Reki (1 votes)
Stantastic - #1,261

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
Faddy - #308
Funky Dude Sparks - #373 #905
Blargonaut - #907 #1,133
turmoil7 - #984 #1,245

Nin (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #714 #907

Not voting: Reki, Fat4all, Nin, Lone_Prodigy, Zippedpinhead, LaunchpadMcQ, Sawneeks, A Wild Ambulance Appears, Conditional-Pancakes, Aeleus, Blargonaut, rac

Post Counts:
Fat4all: 178 TheChuggernaut: 124 weemadarthur: 118 Blargonaut: 101 Conditional-Pancakes: 76 Funky Dude Sparks: 73 AllThingsPurple: 63 Maolfunction: 58 LaunchpadMcQ: 42 Nin: 40 Sawneeks: 38 Kyanrute: 32 Faddy: 31 A Wild Ambulance Appears: 31 Aeleus: 23 Vincent Alexander: 22 Stantastic: 20 Reki: 19 Zippedpinhead: 19 rac: 18 jman1954goat: 15 turmoil7: 13 Hawthorn: 12 MrHedin: 9 Stuart444: 5 Lone_Prodigy: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Pop Tart Votes:

1yGJFny.png

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
ATP:

- I can't construct a singular narrative about the dice that'd say that ATP is scum. I'd guess that the 2nd purchaser is the likelier scum out of the two but I can't call the theory conclusive at all. Some scum would wait a bit and then react, others would go gung-ho on the items as soon as they could. I don't really fancy revealing what the dice did but that ain't even on ATP so I am not going to fault him for that. Maybe he was too eager to solve them and if anything that could be a slight hint toward him being town.
- He opposes loading someone up with cash and in the next post he is begging for cash.
- Sheeps Maol's idea about Blarg (not an issue unless it is a part of a greater pattern), Pop-Tarts Fat. I'd expect the latter to be more of a placeholder than anything and in few posts he says that's what it is. Fanto posts the Poppy votes when I am writing this and I see that the vote is now on Maol, ok. The action is good and the reasoning for it works.
- Chuggs, Faddy, Sparks, wee, Fat and Blarg are people who he has a trouble reading. He also mentions that he is susceptible to following loud voices. I now expect ATP to drop his vote on someone without sheeping someone else's read.
- Says his Blarg vote is serious.
- Possibly too eager to comment on the dice. Silence can be golden.
- Reads are a bit lacking.

I don't like this lynch. He could do more, like everyone, but I don't think his content so far is that problematic at all. I could also see some of the things he's said and done being slight town tells.

AllThingsPurple Why Blarg over say turmoil or Sparks or even nin? Why is the oddball vote the best we can do today? Why did you oppose loading someone with cash and then immediately after begged for scraps?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
The current shortlist is still too long argh. Ambulance stands out though, I can't remember any of the things he's said so far. The same could be said about LP though, but [a LP joke here].

VOTE: A Wild Ambulance Appears

Oct 25, 2017
ATP:

- I can't construct a singular narrative about the dice that'd say that ATP is scum. I'd guess that the 2nd purchaser is the likelier scum out of the two but I can't call the theory conclusive at all. Some scum would wait a bit and then react, others would go gung-ho on the items as soon as they could. I don't really fancy revealing what the dice did but that ain't even on ATP so I am not going to fault him for that. Maybe he was too eager to solve them and if anything that could be a slight hint toward him being town.
- He opposes loading someone up with cash and in the next post he is begging for cash.
- Sheeps Maol's idea about Blarg (not an issue unless it is a part of a greater pattern), Pop-Tarts Fat. I'd expect the latter to be more of a placeholder than anything and in few posts he says that's what it is. Fanto posts the Poppy votes when I am writing this and I see that the vote is now on Maol, ok. The action is good and the reasoning for it works.
- Chuggs, Faddy, Sparks, wee, Fat and Blarg are people who he has a trouble reading. He also mentions that he is susceptible to following loud voices. I now expect ATP to drop his vote on someone without sheeping someone else's read.
- Says his Blarg vote is serious.
- Possibly too eager to comment on the dice. Silence can be golden.
- Reads are a bit lacking.

I don't like this lynch. He could do more, like everyone, but I don't think his content so far is that problematic at all. I could also see some of the things he's said and done being slight town tells.

AllThingsPurple Why Blarg over say turmoil or Sparks or even nin? Why is the oddball vote the best we can do today? Why did you oppose loading someone with cash and then immediately after begged for scraps?

Are you planning on doing these for everyone?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I'd like to see Jman do something else than just talk about mechanics. RE: Dice, advice good, don't like how he pushes for it because I think people should be responsible for their own actions. Then again the line between advice and control is thin so I might be overreacting here. I read more, I am not overreacting I think, I don't like the open dice target talk. That's a lot of unnecessary information out there.
There is simply not much more worth commenting on at the moment. Outside of mechanics ( which is was important practical mechanic discussion not just fluff speculation) I have giving my reason for voting for Faddy. At the moment no player is worth voting for more than Faddy even though I am third vote for Faddy I independently felt he was most suspect before a single vote came down.

Thanks to the nintendo 64 use the game has unfortunately regressed back to memes instead of gameplay. nothing I feel worth commenting on.

You ( or anyone) have some specific question you want me to answer?

Neeks found a better (a worse imo) protective target in Jman
I take offence to this.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
There is simply not much more worth commenting on at the moment. Outside of mechanics ( which is was important practical mechanic discussion not just fluff speculation) I have giving my reason for voting for Faddy. At the moment no player is worth voting for more than Faddy even though I am third vote for Faddy I independently felt he was most suspect before a single vote came down.

Thanks to the nintendo 64 use the game has unfortunately regressed back to memes instead of gameplay. nothing I feel worth commenting on.

You ( or anyone) have some specific question you want me to answer?

I take offence to this.

If there is noting to react to, be proactive then. Your dice discussion did bring out some good things, we could always use some more of those. I don't have questions for you, I rather hoped that you'd have some of them for others. Just limiting yourself to mechanics talk and reactions is not enough to get rid of people doubting your sincerity.

I believe Chuggs is a way likelier NK target than you are. I don't see why you'd be killed so there is no reason to give you the protection.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
jman1954goat

Lets start playing the game shall we, the item discussions can wait for another day ( dont want you to shut up about it but you can lower the percentage of it in your posts though).

We are coming to a day end and up to this point there are 2 contesters who might bite the dust,

what are your thoughts on it ?

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly there's enough side eyeing of me where I don't think scum is going to touch me tonight. They wouldn't dare anyway. Would rather Kyan get it.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Currently i see 3 Joke/ Trash votes on Hawthorn

OK to get the usual thing out of the way:

Vote: Hawthorn

When you're on The List you're on The List (don't worry I haven't forgotten about you Launch, your name is in permanent ink at this point).

Now that that's out of the way if anyone has a poker thing or just wants to play a hand if Fanto is willing to deal let me know.

Will you leave the vote on her ? If yes could you make your case a tiny bit more clear as to why ?

Out of Launch and Hawthorn, who are you planning on voting for today? And does this

Vote: Hawthorn

affect your decision?

Why did you throw in Launch and Hawthorn into the game while zipped was talking about Kyan ?
How did that end up in voting Hawthorn and what did you want to accomplish with it?

Unvote

vote: Hawthorn

usual lazy Sparks, not sure if he is following the game

All in All those 3 votes on Hawthorn still need some explanation, it irks me since we are getting closer to day end.